Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 venusflytrap
Msg: 105
Viewed Me..do you check?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Yes! I have actually ended up talking to a few men who were intimidated by my profile. ME?Intimidating???????????LOL

I find that there will be a few that will always look at my profile and save me on their faves but won't take the initiative and actually send a message so sometimes I do first since it seems they have an interest (well at least in my pics).
 Verissa
Msg: 107
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:53:31 AM
Generally I don't bother to look; but once in a while I can't help but wonder what type of people my profile, or just my picture, attracts. It's a like a social psychographic study...X girl attracts what kind of personality, look, want, need, desire...are they looking for friendship...dating...intimate encounter? I found once, a long while ago...yeah I'm a POF addict I'll admit it, I was attracting mainly older men looking for an intimate encounter. I revamped my profile and added pictures and things changed slightly but still not the type of relationship or personality I was seeking. So I gave up that approach and went with what I thought was amusing, something that made me laugh till I was teary eyed as I wrote it..added a ton of my personality but none of my characteristic traits other than humor and wit...and voila! Now I check from time to time to be sure that I'm still reaching my target audience, it's all about marketing isn't it?

FOR SALE: ONE MIDSIZED QUARKY BLONDE WITH ADORABLE CHILDREN AND A STRANGE PASSION FOR CLASSIC CARS...ONLY THE SERIOUS NEED APPLY.
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/18/2007 11:18:28 PM
I look sometimes, but I probably interpret it the opposite way that most people do. I think of it as "oh, here are a bunch of people who looked at my profile but didn't email me as a result." So rather than thinking they are a bunch of people who might be interested, if a guy viewed me and didn't contact me, then I won't bother getting interested in him, because to me, they've already shown that they weren't interested in me (unless I do get an email from him, of course). It is kind of interesting to see who is looking though, so I think it's a fun feature.
 BonnieB
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/19/2007 11:02:19 AM
^^^ I do sometimes think the same way as DumplingGirl

if a guy viewed me and didn't contact me, then I won't bother getting interested in him, because to me, they've already shown that they weren't interested in me

But then again... that's not the case at all when I check someone out.. so maybe not?

B.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 111
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/19/2007 11:43:37 AM
To think that somebody is not interested if they didn't contact you if fine as long as you are comfortable with the amount of information on your profile. Many if not most of the profiles I look at do not have enough information for me to make a good decision. I wonder who I should "bother" by contacting them and who I shouldn't. I used to "bother" everybody that had a possiblity, leave no stone unturned theory. I would get about a 1% response rate. Now with this new viewed you aspect, most will see I looked and I mostly let their curiousity kick in and they can contact me if they want. I know I'll miss a few due to this type of thinking, but it's much better than bothering 99.9%, also I probably want somebody that is curious anyway. I still contact the really good ones. My situation is different than most on here, I don't fit the description that any are looking for, I would hope that they would have the foresight to think that maybe they should contact me even if I'm not exactly what they think they want, but most don't. My age makes me rather unmatchable in this world where advertisers have convinced everybody that preserving youth is most important. This and also the fact that with the internet everybody believes there is an absolute perfect match for everybody where all wishes and desires will be matched exactly and life will be only roses from then on, has made me learn I'll probably have to go overseas to find a match. In many countries overseas this rediculous obsession with youth has not taken hold, and people still judge somebody by who they are and not how many years they have lived.
 gitrplayer
Msg: 112
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:15:41 PM
i did an experiment today.
i clicked on at least 40 pictures of ladies.
i didn't check there profiles,i just clicked away.
i went out for about 3 hours.
came back and checked to see who viewed me.
i got about 10 new faces on my viewed me site.
so people do check the viewed me site.
whether its a legit checking or not.
no one knows for sure.
 gitrplayer
Msg: 113
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:22:52 PM
hey bonnie b.
you been secretly checking out someone...or maybe not.
 tornado1
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 10/1/2007 11:05:59 AM
All the time! Probably use this feature more than any other. I guess it's a curiousity thing, plus it's been good for my ego, even though I know it doesn't mean a whole lot. Like someone else said......it somewhat indicates that your profile is on target.

I very rarely use the search feature, cause I don't see the point, as I am not comfortable making the first contact. (I don't window shop either.......if I can't afford to buy, I stay outa the stores......lol).
 Beholder
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 10/4/2007 2:14:08 AM

my personal opinion is they are STALKERS. I have several & I TRIED PMing them but got no response, for the most part. Either they just like the picture or they want to know EXACTLY when I'm on line. Time to kick some "troll" butt, methinks.

That's really not necessarily the case - there are a number of (really long) threads about this, I just commented in "Favorites List?????" on the Dating Experiences board.

Anyway, original topic, yes... yeah, I look occasionally - mostly just out of curiosity, I don't make any assumption that looking at my profile means they're interested in me (since it's easily possible it was from a forum post, or the random selection of "people online in the last 15 minutes", or they saw I added them to my favourites list, or whatever).

It's a lot like the favourites list actually - a site feature that doesn't really have a specific purpose, it's just information you can choose to pay attention to, or not.
 Xavery
Msg: 126
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 10/5/2007 8:43:05 PM
Yes and sometimes I view them and if I am interested, I contact them. I kind of thought that was the entire idea of the feature.
 punem264
Msg: 131
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 4/29/2008 8:30:34 PM
Yuppers I check, I like to see who's viewed me.
 Xavery
Msg: 132
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 4/29/2008 8:48:42 PM
And sometimes it can be really scary to check who has viewed you. I the "thing" on my profile activated that lets me view people but lets me remain as a hidden viewer.
 punem264
Msg: 134
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 4/29/2008 11:56:09 PM
I agree it is fun to view delarosa, it's fishies looking at fishies looking at fishies. If you don't mind me quoting you?
 Temptation50
Msg: 137
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 5/1/2008 6:43:23 PM
I check out every now and then the newbies that have'nt figured out how to veiw pro's without being found out and yikes!!!
VERY SCAREY.......
 Xavery
Msg: 138
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:14:14 PM
^ I found that option by chance one day, but I bet someone else knows. It is way better when you can view people without them knowing you have viewed them.
 energy08
Msg: 147
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 7/2/2008 5:41:02 PM
Yes I check this out once in a while
 rockondon
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 7/3/2008 8:56:41 AM
I look at who viewed me about once a month - might click on 2 or 3 of their pics. Its interesting that most of the ones who view me are ones that I never see in the "last x people to check their blah blah near you" section
 Yappy lil Pine Needle
Msg: 151
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/11/2008 8:11:36 AM
I check every day. Then I just end up feeling disappointed that so many men have checked me out and not one message.. sigh. I had pics up, then I got all kinds of mail, it isn't fair! I want a man who wants Who I am, not What I have or What I look like!

I am Not bling!

4love
 venusflytrap
Msg: 153
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:49:45 PM
Yes!
I have ended up talking to some great guys who actually have been caught looking at my profile regularly but were scared to contact me (you KNOW who you are!)

I understand it shows if u want to check someone's profile out the first time, but if they keep looking at your pics more than once then they must have some interest.

This feature almost works like a wink if you notice that someone keeps looking (or you can at least put a fact to your next stalker).
 * L *
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:55:53 PM
^^^ viewed me so often - one of us went blind !!
 * L *
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:56:10 PM
^^^ viewed me so often - one of us went blind !!

lol - ya thats it i posted at myself

gawd what a dork
 lifeStudent
Msg: 163
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 8/22/2008 9:24:37 AM
It is a curiosity to see who's looking, personally I don't spend any time thinking about their motives. No harm in looking, and since we all put ourselves on here freely, looking at each other on this type of forum would not be considered stalking. I do find it interesting that many people seem come across as too perfect, something to be vary of as no one is perfect, except Jesus and maybe the Dalai Lama. It's all in fun, and if some make that magic connection, how wonderful it is too meet someone that trully compliments you.
 shellbell60
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 9/1/2008 8:01:45 PM
Of course I look...just making sure you BC folks haven't forgotten me lol...and sometimes I just lurk

OT: hello all, life just isn't the same without you..and i really mean that!
 sassy_grneyes
Msg: 168
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 9/2/2008 11:56:27 AM
Can't say that i do.If someone has viewed me and not left a message of some sort then they must not have liked what they saw or read.Now,if someone adds me to their favorites,then i look.
 Shadow_Man74
Msg: 170
Viewed Me..do you check?
Posted: 9/2/2008 5:39:04 PM
I check, but just out of curiosity. However I've learned it really doesn't mean much since I suspect that a lot of people have that feature disabled and for whatever reason don't want people to know they looked at their profile. I've turned mine off quite recently.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >