Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Give him another chance? Are you kidding?? I hope you are.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 98
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/4/2008 12:56:47 PM
You did the right thing.

Also, this vastly amuses me--not because the OP got left at the table, but because the "nice" guys are consistently whining about not getting attention. This man is a "nice" guy--and look what he did!

Just calling yourself a horse of a particular color doesn't make you that color.
 mejestic
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:04:59 PM
you did the right thing you were the date, never leave her if you see a friend introduce

not drool. sometimes they are trying to point out they have a number of girlfriends
it's like a lie , or see I am popular, or its called faking, its a con job

out with him, don't ned the games
mejestic
 hopeamongthechaos
Msg: 101
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:15:22 PM
How long were you left a lone, 5 mins,10 mins or longer, me myself would have given it 7 mins if that and would depending on how much i liked the guy gone up to them, He seems like he really wanst that into you or he wouldnt have done that
 OutMind
Msg: 105
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/5/2008 7:01:57 AM
Ahhh, the problem with nice guys, they do not know when to stop drooling for anything that moves and concentrate on their dates at hand. So girl, you did the right thing.
 WesternRose
Msg: 109
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/5/2008 4:48:26 PM
Too late now to go back!.

He left to go see a 'friend'... You reacted.... and I think now that door is closed.
Sounds like he wanted to explain and talk...but well...I think you better just kiss this one off and consider it over.
 debaura
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:48:45 AM
yeah i agree alarm bells should ring when you hear trust me im a nice guy! as a nice person wouldnt have to say it but prove it by his actions which he clearly did not so take this as experience and i hope i would have been as collected as you were but somehow i dont think i would have held myself as you did so well done!
 Rose Bubbles
Msg: 115
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:32:04 PM
You did the right thing.
You were the date,and he did not introduce you to his old friend moreover he left you alone at the table..
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:39:35 PM
I would have either:
a) given him a little time to chit chat with the friend, and wait for him to introduce me
b) introduced myself to the friend and try to join in on the conversation
or
c) interrupt and whisper into his ear that I wasn't having a good time and am going to leave (if a and b didn't work).

I would not walk out on a date without saying something. I think that's even more rude than neglecting you on the date by socializing with others (which is not really that bad if the person hadn't seen them in a long time).

I think it's fine to leave, but you should let someone know so they are not wondering what happened.

You two probably have different ideas about how to be social with people, so I'm not sure it's a good idea for you to try dating again. Sounds like you were really offended. And he probably thought he was acting normal. I kind of find it hard to believe that this is even an issue, because if you acted like that, and then called him a jerk and blocked him when he tried to talk to you about it, then I can't imagine him wanting to date you again anyway.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:53:27 PM
LOL! sounds to me as if this moron IS a "nice guy"........to ANY woman that he doesn't happen to currently be on a date with.

I believe that leaving discretely was the appropriate thing to do. It would have been VERY tacky to confront him about his bad manners in public.
 hanging In
Msg: 120
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:13:02 AM
Are you that desperate that you need to go out again with an inconsiderate jerk?
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 121
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/17/2008 6:19:35 PM

A guy on here messaged me, he seemed ok although not particularly attractive. We chatted online, he complained that he was a "nice" guy and women wouldn't give him a chance. We met for drinks, I liked him ok. He called and asked me out to dinner for the next day. I met him there, halfway through dinner he saw a woman he was aquainted with. He was all ga-ga over her, practically drooling over her, touching her, etc. Meanwhile I was left at the table alone. I got up and left.

Hi lovelyviolet

That is exactly what happened to me on a beach date a couple of days ago. The woman abrubtly got out the water, said she had to go to work (even though she still had a few hours), spotted a male friend of hers and went to sit on the beach with him, leaving me standing in the sand on my own like a stunned mullet.

It is bloody rude, and you definately shouldn't give him another chance. Besides, you mentioned he wasn't that attractive, so find someone you find more attractive.

I know, the feeling really sucks, im glad I found this post as I am feeling exactly the same way as you at the moment
 cloudthree
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 4/21/2008 2:18:11 PM
How about "Dumped Mid So Called Love Affair"!!!!
Even nice guys get the shaft and often never know why!!!!!
This is a story worth relating...but maybe yes and maybe no!!! Two wrongs never make a right as our Mommy's taught us. Let it die and move on. It really is just so easy even without POF.

My Spin on that one.......
 mthomjmark
Msg: 137
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:04:47 AM
Even you asking this question shows women will never learn. Let me see, you will go out with him again, he will say all you want to hear, you will fall for him, then he'll treat you worse, you'll fall for him more but you meet a really nice guy. You tell the nice guy you can't be with him because you are into this other guy even though you shouldn't because he's a jerk.

You'll then get tossed aside by the jerk, you then will cry to the good guy and tell him you should have been with him all along; the good guy will feel used and that you are not very bright for choosing the jerk, so he will leave you and you will then have no one.

Sure I'd give him another chance; sounds magical. Just make sure he has no friends in the place or they may just screw right in front of you. You need to get a clue.
 Aries-the fire sign
Msg: 138
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:13:25 AM
Had a similar experience. Met a man for drinks after a couple of phone conversations. Within about the 1st 5 mintues he kept touching me (my leg, my arm), then within about 30 minutes he wanted to know if I found him sexually attractive. I kept ignoring the question and finally after he persisted I asked him why he kept asking me. Said that he knows that women know within the 1st 15 minutes whether or not we're attracted, and if I wasn't by now, he wasn't going to waste any more time. I said I sure wasn't and he got up and left. Amen! No chance I'd speak to him again.
 chickalina
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 5/21/2008 4:45:55 PM
You go girl - I would have done the same thing and in fact have done the same thing. That was so totally rude of him. He should of least introduced her to you. You don't need anyone that callous.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 150
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 5/21/2008 7:54:41 PM
...Now you see what you should have done....ordered another round of drinks, some appetizers, then left.

...maeflowers
 Vannili
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 9/22/2008 10:15:12 AM
If were you ,I'll wait for a nice timing and stand beside him smiling at the lady and have him introduce me to her,if my date forgot his manners I will introduce myself to her.
 MARCYRR
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!! LOLOL HOIW ABOUT STOOD UP??
Posted: 10/31/2008 4:39:41 PM
YES, HIZDOG, HOW MANY OTHER WOMEN HAVE U STOOD UP??? PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULD NOT THROW STONES!! AND, PLEASE REDO YOU RPROFILE. NOTHING IN THERE IS ANYTHING LIKE YOU!!
 yourstillhere
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 10/31/2008 5:51:51 PM
If a relationship is what you`re looking for, never give someone a chance.
Never.

If you are of the mindset that you are "giving him/her a chance" then you have set yourself in a position of power, and they, in a position of servitude.

A position you are ill equipped to handle.
Likewise, a postion they will protest, and fight about, for they want some power too.......

Dont be of the mindset that you give people chances, they`ll fail you everytime, and you`ll fail as their powerful leader every time.

Give *relationships,* and they`re ability to form and grow, a chance.
Not people. You arent trying to form and grow people. You`re trying to form and grow relationships.
 MARCYRR
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:17:51 PM
I WOULD RATHER BE DUMOED MID DATTE THAN BE SCAMMED FOR MONEY LIKE U SCAMMED ME, HIZDOG!!
 newguyxyz
Msg: 167
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 12/31/2008 7:38:54 PM
Shit... Even I wouldn't do that. There's only one reason I would even come close to doing that and it sure doesn't involve wanting a second date LOL.
 Cogie36
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 1/1/2009 9:57:20 AM
Do you really have to ask this question?????? talk about total lack of respect for someone......if you give someone like that another chance then you deserve what you get.....Lord Have Mercy!!
 joeyneedsu
Msg: 179
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:14:33 PM
you did right, your heart told you what to do and you did it, onward and forward darlin, better days and better dates!
 Trishinwi2009
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Dumped mid date!!
Posted: 5/3/2009 11:23:47 AM
Who gives a crap if you "embarrassed him" - he abandoned you to go ogle another girl on a FIRST date....

I've gone on dates that took us to restaurants where the women were scantily clad where my date did a little drooling (I even took his picture with the waitress for him) but he never left me at a table sitting alone to do it...I would personally trust a man who can look at the menu and appreciate it then a man who says he isn't looking at all so this isn't a jealous bitter b***h thing....it's a matter of respect thing, and if he couldn't be respectful of you on a first date then its probably a good thing you left when you did.

That is simply just rude on his part and I'd of walked too.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >