Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Background checks for dating do you mind people looking into your lif      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 climbsagain
Msg: 41
Background checks for dating do you mind people looking into your life?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The safety of your family , your safety all are very impotant. If you have the opportuntiy to check it makes sense. Why would you risk everything for a person you have just met? The time spent checking a person's backgroung might be the best decision you ever make

Face it, background checks are part of life. it happens all of the time.
 climbsagain
Msg: 42
Background checks for dating do you mind people looking into your life?
Posted: 1/18/2010 10:34:48 AM
I have a friend at POF that was dating a cop. He was a captain according to the badge he wore on his belt like a neat detective. Turns out he was never on a police force at all and of course he was married.

Too many folks with no morals out there to risk your safety. It only takes one jerk to mess you up but good!
 climbsagain
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/18/2010 10:54:24 AM
Climbs~ If you read my post, it has nothing to do with a background check, it has everything to do with it happening without knowledge, and the lies that can come from it.

If that is the case why confuse background checks with lies? People will lie no matter what if that is their nature. background checks are designed to ensure people are not telling a lie.

Do we ask to see papers that verify we are all disease free before we fire up our boners?

Do we?
Do we?

We all don't!!!!!

Now that we are aware of STDs it is a good idea to protect yourself. Good common sense dicates you know what you are getting from your partner and that they know about you.
 paul477
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2010 10:55:35 AM
I do believe that from the stories told on here alone, it is obvious that background checks are important. I have no problem with someone checking my criminal background out. That is something that every mother with children or grandchildren around should know. I do have a problem with them checking the financial background. My finances are my business until such time as it becomes a 'we' situation where we are planning to get married. I am quite willing to share that information if you feel the need to know.....just ask me.

I have googled my screen name and it came up with other individuals information as well. I have also done my first and last name and again, it came up with other individuals information/not mine, as well. Mine is not that common of a name but I do know of one other individual in the county that shares it so I can only imagine how many more there might be in the whole state of Ohio. I hate to think what may be out there, that may come up in a search if the person weren't running it with my full name and social security number. At least a potential employer has that information so they hopefully get the right individual's information.

A female friend of mine asked me how she can get this other guys personal information such as his mothers and sisters full names so she can be sure she has the right guy from a background check she had run.........you just can't trust your findings all the time! When Mr. Itch talks about lies being spread......I can easily understand how the person got misinformed (although, that doesn't excuse the spreading of untruths). If there is any question about something you find out, ask/confront them about it.

As for me.......if I ask you for a date, then you can ask me for my full name and birthday so you can run a criminal check. I want you to know that you are safe but I also want you to be upfront with me. Deal?
 Classie Sassie
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:46:44 AM
SolticeCookie THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ! It just helped me very much in a pending court case I have you just made my day!
 Karaokebear
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/23/2010 4:51:55 PM
I once met someone who checked into my background and she found out we were both married our original spouses on the same day in the same town. Weird!

If you've been job hunting at all recently, you may find a lot of advice telling you that potential employers are researching candidates' "digital footprint", even checking Facebook and Twitter postings. The implication is that those pages, even if you use them to keep in touch with family and friends, better be squeaky clean and conform to the proper "corporate image". All the illegal questions, they can find out (age, religious or political affiliation). What if you are a staunch Republican and the decision maker is an equally staunch Democrat, and here you are a member of the Tea Party Fan Page? To top that off, I read articles that suggest acting younger, pretending you don't know who the Beatles, or even U2 and Kurt Cobain are. Heaven forbid you take a newspaper to read while you are waiting, as only "old" people read newspapers. That tipsy picture on vacation? Better not be there!
Bringing it back to dating, get used to the fact that your life is an open book, and there really is no privacy. If you're writing an attractive dating profile, write an attractive Facebook page as well. I'll usually invite people I meet to friend me, that way they get to know a little more about me and vice versa.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2010 3:41:50 AM
Posted: 9/30/2008 619 PM
A year back I started chatting with someone on here that was hell bent on getting me to call her 'cell phone'... so that way she claimed that she could get any information she wanted about me as she formerly worked in the banking industry & still had ties there.
Usually I have a rule of thumb never to call cell numbers, never know where they are located with my limited dialing area.

She said she needed this info so I may pass the approval of 'inspector 12'.

In the month we chatted she changed her E-Mail once, & changed her Y ID twice which made me wonder about her, she was a real 'Type A' driver.

Unusual twist to this, I read about this person in the Court Docket my local paper the other day...

• (Name & Address Deleted): In one case before this court she pleaded guilty to two counts of identity fraud, and one count each of misuse of credit cards, receiving stolen property and forgery for taking the person identifying information of two people between (Dates Deleted) 2009; using an elderly person's credit card and forging that person's signature; and holding jewelry and coins taken from an elderly person. In a separate case she pleaded guilty to three counts of theft, two counts of forgery, and one count each of grand theft of a motor vehicle, theft from an elderly or disabled person and identity fraud against an elderly victim for stealing a 2003 (Make & Model Deleted) from a (City Deleted) car dealer; stealing a blank check in (City Deleted) on (Date Deleted), 2009; forging the signature of one or two elderly victims in a number of financial transactions in early 2010 and taking their personal identifying information; stealing credit cards from two more victims and forging additional signatures. (Judge Name Deleted) sentenced (Name Deleted) to three years of community control that includes 100 days in the (County Name Deleted) Jail. Additional orders include: placement in the Mental Health Case Management Program;
abstain from using alcohol and non-prescribed drugs and submit to random screens for same; orders to take all prescribed medications;
attend psychiatric and other counseling as ordered; have no contact with any of her victims; undergo a drug and alcohol evaluation and follow all treatment recommendations; and pay restitution. Violation of any of the terms of probation could result in a prison term of up to 24 months.

To think I was almost reluctant to meet this woman for a drink, (& I likely would have if she didn't have such a short fuse) ... I sensed something was odd here, something like a sense of desperation coming from the communications with this woman.

I still don't think POF really needs to do screening. I have met & communicated with many nice people from here... just that one tenth of one percent that you have to watch out for.... look for the red flags, she was very open on wanting personal information on me.
 GuyinOhio
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/19/2010 2:48:30 PM
I dont like or offer anyone do a background check on myself..

If its a police officer, no matter rank, uses their employers Computer to gain personal knowledge and not offical buisness, that officer will be delt with.. yes I have had them fired, demoted, probation, ect...

This goes for Insurance agents, financial advisors, or any other person with that kind of access..
 DesertFox3
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2010 11:40:08 AM

This goes for Insurance agents, financial advisors, or any other person with that kind of access..

Unfortunately you never know who is in charge of these things, I'm sure it goes on all the time..... the woman I mentioned above actually was bragging about her ability to do this.....& for the record she isn't a US citizen (or so she claimed).
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Background checks for dating do you mind people looking into your life?