Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A new type of dating site...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A new type of dating site... Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So I read in the newspaper today that there is a new type of dating site on the internet. It's requirement is that you post a photo and that it receive a high enough rating (at least 8/10) to be able to stay on the site.

I was just wondering what people thought about that.... should physical attractiveness be the main requirement for a dating scene? It's easy to say no, but it's also clear that a physical attraction is needed if things are going to move beyond friendship.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 2
A new type of dating site...
Posted: 3/22/2007 3:58:54 PM
Blimey! A dating site based TOTALLY on how good looking you are? How boring?

People who base their assessment of others solely upon their looks are not the kind of folk worth hanging out with anyway.

A chick that looks like Jennifer Hawkins with only about 2 braincells rattling around in her pretty little head quickly loses her lustre when you talk to her.

And the purpose of all of this selective breeding is?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/22/2007 7:18:55 PM
To Fox:

Income & appearance 50/50 split? Maybe in your narrow little world.

But the fact of the matter is that it's a combination of many factors, not just those two.

Looks fade, financial circumstances change. At the end of the day it takes more than looks and money to be someone worth knowing.

I would not want to have anything to do with someone who was just in it for looks and money, even if they themselves were wealthy and good-looking.
 chuchurillo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2007 8:01:37 PM
I don't mean to play devil s advocate, ....actually I do, Considering everyone on this site, I do mean everyone, has humour, itellegence, trust worthy, and not "into games", then we souldn't have any pictures up at all right?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/22/2007 8:49:11 PM
I don't claim to be an expert on what is of value to you Fox, but you made a sweeping statement about other dating sites which, rightly or wrongly, gave me the impression you agreed with that ridiculous 50/50 split. If you took offence, I apologise.

I'm sure you have intelligence and humanity in spades, which many people would realise once they get past your semi-naked profile picture. Very cheeky.
 2findU
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2007 11:36:05 AM
You dont' need a a specialty site for that. The opposite sex will do that for you.
 njust1
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/23/2007 12:28:22 PM
Hey maybe I would Qualify, I'm rated almost a 9 on here....LOL...but then on second thought my heading does say that I'm loaded...Based on the answers given in this post.....hmmmm???unless...!!!

50% attraction + 50%money + Boost my ego because I am excepted on a virtual dating site = that site sounds pretty stupid

I like good looking people, but I also like good personalities...BUt, I hate math^^^^^...
 njust1
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/25/2007 4:05:32 PM
I guess that last comment did it for me....I fell to a 7...UUUHhhhGGGGG...whatever shall I do???? I can't be excepted on "the most gorgeous people in cyberworld site"!!!???? *Looks at tie, looks for something to tie it to* , I've nothing else to live for....
 daydreamingangel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 2:33:56 PM
Since there wasn't a name for this web site put in the post...I will give it one myself...forshallowpeopleonly.com...

Looks have never really been my thing...I like people for who they are on the inside...It doesn't matter what they look like it is how they treat me...

The Beast is my favorite character in Beauty and the Beast...Shrek is my favorite character in the Shrek movies...On Everybody Loves Raymond(I hate raymond) Robert is my favorite...The show Night Court I like Bull...Most everyone think these characters are ugly in looks but it is not there looks it is the characters they play that make me like them...They are big and strong on the outside, but understanding and caring on the inside...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Angel
 AMPM
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:09:18 AM
im on datingforrichpeople.com and they do the same, its teribble......imy profile is in the bottom of the list now
 mystlw
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2007 1:31:03 AM

I think that's a GREAT idea...then there would be no surprises...thier pic wouldn't be 15 years old...ha.

Maybe not, but it would be no more dependable. Anyone can go to Glamour Shots and get a photo that magically makes them 10 years younger and twice as attractive, so those pictures would be about as representative and far less accurate than the majority of pictures on POF.
 Ideoform
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2007 6:20:36 PM
People generally rated 8 or 9 don't need to go on the internet to meet people.

And when someone is in modelling, you find that everyone just gets so much more picky about every little thing that it drives you crazy, even though you are around "beautiful" people all day long.

Some beautiful people don't like being around other beautiful people all the time because too much time, money and attention is being spent on being beautiful, and much less time, money and attention is spent on loving, appreciating and being considerate. And, as soon as you get as much as a cold, they move to the next party.

Plus, if you are vain, you don't want the other person stealing your thunder. And if you are beautiful, you understand how much temptation there is out there--so you are always wondering if you're beautiful person is being loyal to you. So you go out with average people sometimes.

You might as well just buy People Magazine.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > A new type of dating site...