Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mimosa
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
So far no. Probably because it takes a lot to impress me. Once I acknowledge the looks I go straight to personality it's almost simultaneous. It's a whole package type thing, looks are just one aspect. There is a mental wow though I admit.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 3:30:20 PM
I don't find it intiminating, I think it actually builds confidence.
 mimosa
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 4:30:04 PM
"But of course, once you realize that most people are full of it, you soon get over the intimidation factor."

That says it all, let's not forget that gorgeous people have their own insecurities. Also why be intimidated if they accepted a date with you it seems to me they saw something interesting, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Logical no?
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 5:38:08 PM
So that's why women don't talk to me...they're intimidated! Yes, I see that now....

tdh46
Msg: 11
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 7:18:20 PM
This really is just silly like disco says...First of all if you are intimidated, How did you get this person to go out with you in the first place?

Did you not have to ask them out, obviously if you got pass that it should be all good.

Seems to me the intimidation would be in asking them out, not on the date.
 Hübert Cumberdale
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 7:49:46 PM
I'm barely good enough for me...
Wait.. that doesn't make any se...
Anywho, I like to perform the Great Shaving Foam Beard Test™ to simultaneously test their mettle and their dating fortitude.
You cover your face with a luxurious beard of shaving foam and demand they eat every last drop.
Failure to accomplish said feat results in swift excommunication.

Strangely, I've never found a single mate thus far...

Hübert Cumberdale
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:01:51 PM

Hmmm I don't believe in that league thing....so can't say that has ever happened.... we all breath in and breath out the same air.....unless of course you have a special air pocket somewhere that is full of gold dust or something lol, an still the only difference would be your lungs are clogged with gold dust and you would end up winded sooner , than the average Joe lol.

That's the smartest thing anyone has said on these boards in at least fifteen to twenty seconds. Probably more, I can't really say though, I don't have a stopwatch or a chronograph or some other time measuring device. I suppose I could just count though, right? One... two... three... four... four and a half... five...
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/27/2007 7:25:56 AM
NO MAN is out of MY league, or too good for ME. I can't tell you the string of broken hearts I've left in the wake of my path. If I intimidate men, I can understand why......I am a drop-dead-gorgeous, five-alarm-fire, lordy-lordy-all-the-men-want-me-but-can't-have-me sexy gift to the male world!!

"I'm....too sexy for my car, too sexy for my car, too sexy by farrrrrr....."
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/28/2007 6:14:35 AM

Not going to mention any screen names here but there is such a thing as overconfidence as well...

Would that be ME you're referring to?? I knew it...you're intimidated by my perfection!!

HA!!

"I'm...too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat, What cha think about thaaaaat....."

(Hopefully there's at least one person out there who actually GETS my sense of humor.....read my profile and you'll understand....or else you'll be scared away by my eternally intimidating sexiness.....)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:46:41 PM
i think i was married during those years when i might have been intimidating...if i had been thinking along those lines.
now im not intimidated by anyone...about anything actually.
its because im old and haggard and i think i know it all (just not all at once of course)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 28
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:47:43 PM
i just hit track this thread by mistake
what the heck does that mean?
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 31
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 8/23/2007 3:35:48 PM
msg 1... how old are you ? about 14?
 OutMind
Msg: 32
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 8/23/2007 3:59:56 PM
I've dated drop dead gorgeous women, but they never intimidated me. In fact, I would go to the bar to get us some drinks, then watch how several guys would hover around and the pounce on my date. I would come back with the drinks and keep a little distance while enjoying the poor drooling guys. Then I would point at the glass, where she would then smile come over and leave the guys standing. So, intimidating. Not at all. Fun, that would be more it.
 OutMind
Msg: 34
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 8/23/2007 6:09:27 PM

The gorgeous ones are already taken !

No they are not. They have been played a hundred times and they are now So waiting for you to approach them. Don't be scared! So approach them!
 Gee_m
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 8/23/2007 9:53:26 PM

Would that be ME you're referring to?? I knew it...you're intimidated by my perfection!!

HA!!

"I'm...too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my hat, What cha think about thaaaaat....."

(Hopefully there's at least one person out there who actually GETS my sense of humor.....read my profile and you'll understand....or else you'll be scared away by my eternally intimidating sexiness.....)

Wow, That is probably the most amazing profile I've ever had the pleasure to read. Why do all the good crazy women have to live so far away dammit...

Want to split 50/50 on a private island off the Caribbean coast and build a lair? you can have your mutated rubber chickens, I;ll take care of minion control and weapons of doom research.

*ahem* back to the topic at hand,

First of all if you are intimidated, How did you get this person to go out with you in the first place?

Did you not have to ask them out, obviously if you got pass that it should be all good.

Seems to me the intimidation would be in asking them out, not on the date.

- Adrenaline rush
- Someone else matching you up
and my personal favorite
- Aw fu.ck it I'm going for it.

once you get passed the asking out, yes you can be out of the woods, or for certain people it can be the beginning of mental hell. Those people who wind up intimidated usually over analyze things and they don't necessarily do it consciously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiFeGqaEphU some people are like this guy here (don't worry I'm not pointing to anything obscene, it's a Muppet show skit)

Intimidation goes with letting someone else be in control over you,.Thats never a good thing.

Actually a person can intimidate you without consciously doing it, if they have a strong presence or if there is something about them that other people will latch onto and focus on then they may intimidate them.

As I said it's not always conscious and the person is not necessarily doing it on purpose it's just part of who they are to radiate whatever it its that intimidates weaker willed folk.
 Reenie999
Msg: 37
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 8/23/2007 10:05:18 PM
I don't consider anyone "out of my league".....and looks fade.... and guys with good bodies become beached whales....and so it goes.LOL.
 JamDaddyFlash
Msg: 38
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 10/2/2007 9:33:38 AM
You gotta get in there and get to work, my son!
Be not thou afraid of the sweet thang, just let it happen.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 10/3/2007 6:42:13 AM
I've met women where I was so intimidated by their beauty and their personality that I couldn't even talk to them. I never got a date with them. Eventually, they showed unpleasant sides of their character and I felt the opposite of what I originally felt for them. Their beauty & their personality turned me off.

Conversely, an ex of mine told me she felt intimidated by my book smarts. Funny thing was, I respected her for her practicality and didn't consider it an issue at all.

Thanks for this thread. You have made me realise 2 things:
1) As one woman told me, we all have problems. Intimidation is a lack of understand of this, on either side.
2) If someone lacks respect for me being not enough of a man, because I am intimidated by them, they lack respect for themselves, because everyone has felt intimidated at some point in their lives, including them. That has actually been my experience.

That is why there is no such thing as "leagues" in relationships. Only in sex or using. Women or men who consider themselves out of someone else's league, are actually saying they have a superiority complex, which is a way of over-compensating for an inferiority complex.

Looks like I have to stop letting myself feel intimidated. As Seal sings, "we can all get a little crazy".
 *buzz*
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 10/3/2007 7:56:11 AM
Well OP, gorgeous men I have always left for gorgeous women ("birds of a feather flock together"LOL ) but if there was anything that made my heart racing it was the talk.

Hmmm ... thinking about intimidating someone or me being intimidated , Goodness Gracious, that is the last thing I would either infringe on someone or let someone infringe on me. Flow of talk is always an good indication if there is more "in store" for us to meet again.

If there were some goose-pimples on my skin due to someone presenting themselves as "the mighty" whether at uni, work or out & about... I tried to turn the tables round and see the action as the challenge. Gave it an extra time and effort and true colours were seen crystal clear. What is there to lose?
 Sanschele
Msg: 45
Dating Intimidation…
Posted: 10/20/2007 11:47:54 PM
I've never been intimidated by any man that I've ever dated. but dang!! They take one look at me and run for the hills with their tail tucked between their legs "whimpering" like a scared dog when they first meet me..can I help it if my eyes flash bright red like a werewolf on a first date??? I just don't get it...

Sans
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >