Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > "what girls like and dislike in mens profiles"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Leatheryman
Msg: 51
what girls like and dislike in mens profilesPage 3 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
^^^Well we all have a passion for something... ....
 serenex
Msg: 52
what girls like and dislike in mens profiles
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:34:40 AM
Sorry CC tried to put something substantial in the "about me"section but i cant spell
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:35:32 AM
awwww - you have a very substantial section serenex!
 serenex
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/16/2007 3:38:37 AM
^^^^Since when have you seen my substantial section?
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/16/2007 4:10:57 AM
Caught a glimpse of it while I was in Townsville - impressive!
 Wedgetail
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2007 4:32:36 AM
Humour, love humour in profiles, there is one profile by a guy on this site that had me laughing so much I just had to contact him and thank him for the laugh (not sure if I should give the name of the guy, is it okay to do that?). I'm sure he thought I was a total psycho for contacting him to say thanks for the laugh lol but that sort of thing I appreciate.

Profiles written in netspeak is a bit blah... comes across as half hearted and annoying when trying to interpret them, need a code cracker lol.
 nikinikaia
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2007 6:02:35 PM
Here's an oldster's perspective on what a woman wants to see in a man's profile (note I am saying man and woman, not boy and girl AND these can apply to both genders).

Everyone has likes and dislikes - it's how you present them to the public that makes or breaks first impressions.

*DON'T make the subject of slamming your EX part of your profile - no matter how terrible the relationship was...gives a woman the impression they will always have the shadow from your past hanging over what they say, do, think, and feel. (This goes for women too)

*DO present yourself truthfully - after all, when you meet up with someone you won't hide the lies for long - they have a way of coming round and smacking you right up side the head eventually!

*DO give enough information to peak interest: too short a profile ("Hey, you want to know more, IM or e-mail me) probably won't get the response you're hoping for; and, too long a profile can make them fall asleep! LOL (mine would probably fall in this latter category)

*DON'T concentrate on the negatives you don't want in a relationship, concentrate on the positives. Gives the other person the opportunity to decide if they have those attributes to offer. My interpretation of this area is like applying for a job - if you don't even have the minimum qualifications your expectations of being selected for an interview are significantly lower from the git go.

*DO put a recent picture on your profile. It took me a long time to get a recent pic up, but until I did I made sure my profile stated that the picture was X years old.

I'll stop there - those tidbits I learned from other POF members who I asked to review my profile.

howie415
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/16/2007 7:59:56 PM
Ohhh the ladies down under are hard on use poor soft skinned guys
 obhwhitedragon
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/16/2007 11:20:22 PM
Something substantial in the "About me" section. Full sentences. And yes, spell checked! It's easy - give it a try

Well C.C. my "about me" reads like a short story, so i have been told.
need to use my spell check more other
now where's that button.

we are who we are, & thats all that maters.
short story & my spell check off.

funnygal1
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/16/2007 11:45:20 PM
Dislikes: Cant stand men who announce to all women on here that we should stop our search because he is the guy we have all been looking for. LOL if he's soo fantantastic why does he need to toot his own horn so loudly... ( or maybe hes just a legend in his own mind)

Likes: Guys who can state their faults and laugh about it, we all need to have a chuckle at ourselves sometimes.
 karl64
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/17/2007 12:00:11 AM
the reverse thread quite amusing realy
and it certainly does confirm that men and women are so differant
but one thing i have noticed is everyone is differant and like differant things what you like someone else doesnt ah so what is the better profile? maybe thats and individual choice
maybe there is a woman out there that wants to hunt pigs on there first date???
not my choice but hey each to there own
 hilly1971
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/17/2007 1:40:44 AM
^^Trust me there is NO woman who wants to go pig shooting on a first date!!

Sadly i can tell you this from experience!!!
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/17/2007 2:29:12 AM
Pigshooting? Man, that's better than croc spotting (I'd better write that one down)
Hillsy I hope you didn't find it too boaring..

(speaking of profiles & pics, I'd better find me a magic camera that makes me look tall, dark & handsome, or at least taller...)
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/17/2007 2:32:29 AM
When I was up your way likes a laugh I went croc spotting! Really wanted to see just one... nada.

I did however see a pig! And I shot it! With my camera....

Which brings me to something I don't like in profiles... an interest in hunting or sport fishing. Useless activities...rather fall for someone that doesn't believe in senseless cruelty thanks!
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/17/2007 3:04:58 AM
'Onya Cuddles... I live here and can't say I've seen too many crocs or pigs in the wild. I don't hunt 'em, just look at em. Kinda voyeuristic I suppose...

Done the odd spot of bird watching in my travels, thanks to lunatic birder friend in the US. Saw some Toucans once, but none of them were named Sam...

I'd reckon girls like good looks, humour and that SNAG appeal.
I'd reckon girls dislike slobs, 'self preening arrogance' and that 'I'm a Redneck and I vote' outlook on life.
 NaamahReincarnated
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/17/2007 3:43:05 AM
As for guys who say they like pig hunting in their profile....
Well wild pigs are causing the destruction of native flora, and the fauna that depends on the flora for food & housing, to a disturbing degree. Another human created mess, just like the canetoads, so pig hunting is a necessary evil I'm afraid and need not be done cruelly. But!! Acknowledging necessity is vastly different to enjoying hunting, and anyone who enjoys hunting and killing is totally undesirable in my eyes. However.... if this is who they are then I'd rather they do mention it in their profile, so I know right there to just stop reading and move on.

I have never understood the profile photos with a whole dead fish. All it makes me think is how they have just heartlessly let a creature gasp for breath to its death, then glorified its death by taking a happy snap. Killing to eat was never meant to be a "sport" as far as I'm concerned. For gods sake, humanely put the fish out of its misery as soon as it's caught, and have some respect for the life ended so you can eat. Forego your "big photo opportunity". Take photos of the scenery instead. But again...it's quite handy to see such pics in profiles cos it is a clear sign to me that we have entirely different principles about life and there's no point chatting.
 serenex
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/17/2007 4:02:31 AM
humanely put the fish out of its misery as soon as it's caught

^^^but then again some fish here shouldnt be caught at all
 karl64
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/17/2007 5:33:55 AM
some fish you just need to throw back
its a shame you dont know that untill you get them out of there enviroment
maybe i should take note and read there profiles more carefully
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/17/2007 5:40:33 AM
serenex and badboy....good fishy jokes
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/17/2007 8:06:57 AM
OK let's see....
1. I'm a good looking bloke .....I'll be the judge of that.
2. I'm looking for a thin woman.....say's he who is 600 lbs.
3. My kids come first.....wouldn't be much of a man if you didn't put your kids first.
4. Seeking 'Intimate Encounter' (status MARRIED).....get off the dating site and go fix your marriage.
5. I'm happy with my single life..... he just wants a root and can't afford a pro.
6. I'm 50, but feel like I'm 30.....can't come to terms with his mid life crisis.
7. Status 'single' looking for friends as I have a g/f.....Looking for friends with benefits.
8. Live life to the fullest.....Try every sexual position known to man.
and the list goes on and on. YES women ARE guilty of the same thing.
 karl64
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:29:26 AM
"and the list goes on and on. YES women ARE guilty of the same thing"
yup i guess it is both ways

but this comment is dead on track "4. Seeking 'Intimate Encounter' (status MARRIED).....get off the dating site and go fix your marriage"

leave the single sites to the singles but alas its not a perfect world
and thank god none of us are perfect we would all be the same then and wheres the adventure in that
 karl64
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:31:21 AM
Hilly you been on a pig hunting date??????????????????
 howie415
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/17/2007 2:05:43 PM
Ok ladies here's your chance write me a profile using mine as a guide line.I will post it here in Canada to see what happens ok can't be any worst then it is right now
Howie415
 Gazza66
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/17/2007 7:16:27 PM
I often get ladies commenting on how they liked my profile. << shameless self promotion.

It's all true though, humour and a bit of a song ha ha ha.
 Funkydiva01
Msg: 75
Posted: 7/17/2007 10:26:05 PM
I hate it when a guy says "looks unimportant"..... WTF???? Are you desperate or what????????? Of course they are important because there has to be some sort of physical attraction. These guys are either very desperate to get laid or they dont have very high opinions of themselves, either way I dont find desperation or low self esteem attractive at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > "what girls like and dislike in mens profiles"