Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > "what girls like and dislike in mens profiles"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gazza66
Msg: 76
what girls like and dislike in mens profilesPage 4 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I hate it when a guy says "looks unimportant"..... WTF???? Are you desperate or what????????? Of course they are important because there has to be some sort of physical attraction. These guys are either very desperate to get laid or they dont have very high opinions of themselves, either way I dont find desperation or low self esteem attractive at all.

Looks are not important if you got talent, style, sex appeal, a great personality and nice teeth.
 jannick06
Msg: 77
view profile
History
what girls like and dislike in mens profiles
Posted: 7/18/2007 3:28:01 AM
yeah I dream of gazza with the light brown hair lol
 Firestorm66
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:45:44 AM
My major gripes are with some of the photos themselves.
SMILE guys - it's not going to kill you (or at least have some animation showing). Looking like a tired, cynical, sour, middle aged cuss is not a good look.
Look up at the camera and not at the ground or desk - multiple chins are not particularly attractive either (even if it is just an effect of the angle).
Lose the sun glasses - I want to see your eyes. Sunnies can cover most of the face and I just feel cheated.
The really disgusting, unkempt ones with bad hair ("What is shampoo"?), haven't shaved in a week, beanie and flanno, haven't bathed in a month or washed my clothes in six months, derro type pics.
Those lovely 'nature' shots where (as an example) we're looking at this glorious mountain range only to realize that this tiny little spot that we took to be a rock outcrop is actually the figure of the profile owner (it's OK if it's one of several other photos but not when it's the only one - the whole point is that we want to see your face).
Pictures with children in them - I'm sorry, but I just don't think the internet is an appropriate place for young ones who haven't chosen to have their image plastered all over the world for anyone to see.

In the profile itself - things I love? Humour, individuality, confidence (not of the FIGJAM flavour) and a positive attitude. The last is totally essential! Good spelling and the ability to string a sentence together is also greatly appreciated.

Things I hate? Negativity (any), too much blatant excess baggage (do we really need to hear about the ex?), insufficient information (what the hell is it with 'prefer not to say'?) and pretention (I'm too good for the world so why are you even bothering to read this?).

And then there's the first e-mail. Many fail to cut it (usually too short and totally lacking in substance), but the worst ones drown us in treacly flattery. I know I like compliments from people whose opinions matter to me (ie, I respect them, they respect me and consequently I will believe them) as much as the next person, but I'm not wrapped up in how perfect I am (because I am anything but) and I know I'm not drop dead gorgeous so slapping on the flattery good and really generously just makes me want to run screaming in the opposite direction with a barf bucket in front of me. I HATE insincerity - do guys really think that we are stupid enough to fall for most of the lines they feed us?
 Firestorm66
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 12:49:14 AM
^^^^^Oh, and for anyone who is going to jump on me for the 'beanie and flanno' comment, hey, each to their own .
But in combination with all the other feral traits in that sentence - no, it's just too, too much
 serenex
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:18:32 AM
Oh, and for anyone who is going to jump on me for the 'beanie and flanno' comment, hey, each to their own
^^^^^^
Does a beanie and flanno make the chicks wuv ya......then is i goings to buys em
 Firestorm66
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:21:04 AM
^^^^^
To each their own Serenex - I'll let you find out for yourself
 karl64
Msg: 82
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:28:23 AM
what colour beenie is most desirable?
i need to choose wisely befor making my purchase but they have to match my sunnies too

gotta have some standards
 serenex
Msg: 83
Posted: 8/2/2007 1:45:36 AM
In a guys profile the beanie and flanno shirt with the obligatory nut crushing stubbies and thongs are something i think women really like ... they just dont like to admit it
 ebgdae
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/2/2007 2:10:30 AM
Too right Serenex!

That should have been our official athletes uniforms at the Sydney Olympics, not that artyfarty, new age eurotrash clobber.

The chics are only teasing when they run away or block you. They really want you to chase them. It's all reverse psychology.
 obhwhitedragon
Msg: 85
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:07:07 AM
Oh, and for anyone who is going to jump on me for the 'beanie and flanno' comment, hey, each to their own

I guess you should have read my profile Firwstorm, & had a look at my pic's too.
ITS a santa hat
so have a word for you
 Firestorm66
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:34:52 AM
I have no doubt that you're winding me up (OK, I'll bite) but...
All of you men are simply proving an inability to read and *comprehend*. I was not knocking beanies and flannos (OK, they do nothing for me, but some women may absolutely love them), I was knocking the whole derelict, unwashed, uncared for, total health hazard look. And if you think it is something to aspire to, then bring it on - I'm sure all the ladies out there will just be breaking the doors down to get to you
 Cinder_ella
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/2/2007 3:39:10 AM
Yep but only if they are wearing uggies and tracky dacks too. And why not go the whole hog and hang fluffy dice from the rear vision mirror.
 Firestorm66
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:22:22 AM
(quote)Yep but only if they are wearing uggies and tracky dacks too.(/quote)

I thought of those just after I hit the 'post' button

We poor women, we just want it all
 Firestorm66
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:23:21 AM
^^^^^ Stupid quote thingies
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:24:57 AM
um translation for the Canadian please?

flanno = flannel shirt?

mmm, I happen to love a strong man in a flannel shirt (clean of course!). There's something just so sexy about it. Must be worn with jeans. Nice bum hugging jeans.

Pair it with a pair of tracks though and that is just sad, lol.
 OleTimeMusic
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:36:24 AM
cuddly, does a chainsaw come with that outfit too?

Bum hugging jeans…
Why is it that jeans like that cost more? Less material ergo cheaper to make (also lighter and take up less space in shipping container) so they should cost less
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:46:22 AM
If he's gonna use that chainsaw to go cut wood for a roaring fire we can cuddle by - damn right!
 Chrissy~61
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/2/2007 4:47:52 AM
OldTimeMusic...Maybe it takes more time and care to make the jeans with the sexy shape/curves instead of the bland 'doesn't hug anything' kind of jeans. lol
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/2/2007 5:08:57 AM

and take up less space in shipping container

..and leave less space in the (ahem) department too... sometimes hard to breathe with less 'strictly ballroom"...
 mamaofangels
Msg: 95
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:28:13 PM
Hey Girls
WE WISHHHHHHHHH. Im 62 this month and I havent found him yet so good luck.
Looks like the saying us girls are purrrfect and such angels is oh so true. I managed to get 6 gorgeous kids but not the perfect man. But lots of fun looking for him huh..............
 karl64
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/3/2007 8:50:41 PM
Is there such a thing as a perfect man or woman for that matter
i,m close but just need to meet the lady that thinks the same as i do
 atalia
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/3/2007 10:00:30 PM
A man is not his car and I frankly dont give a rats what kinda car you own, so lose the car pic!
 serenex
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/3/2007 10:07:32 PM
^^^^Awww thats a bit harsh i rather like mine its that "just been run over look"
 atalia
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/3/2007 10:45:44 PM
yeah my car has that I really need to be washed look, wonder if putting it on my profile will make some one sorry for me and get em to clean it for me
 bucky140
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/4/2007 3:40:32 AM
^^^So what time do you want me to pick you up in my tractor??
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > "what girls like and dislike in mens profiles"