Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JustKelly70
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Lying about relationship status on POFPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd have to consider myself lucky I guess, Over the last couple years I have met quite a few women and was never decieved other than their pic may have been older .
In my own profile I say I'm single, I am actually separated but its been 3 years and so I consider myself single, just have some paperwork to get out of the way.
 Nienna Telrunya
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Lying about relationship status on POF
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:29:26 AM
I actually caught someone out lastnight, in a lie way bigger than just the relationship staus. He was claiming to be Victor Webster (Charmed and Mutant X to name a couple of his shows). This guy even had a picture of Victor as his main picture, one which i had signed by the real Victor Webster.

I asked this guy why he ahd the picture as his main one and his answer was 'I am him'. I told him i knew he wasnt and even gave him the evidence to prove it. He still kept saiying he was, but then promptly deleted his profile when i told him i'd report him gor impersonating a celeb lol
 StarreGazer
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:37:17 AM

separated might also be accurate

I don't think so. "Separated" tells me the person is still married and MAY be considering a divorce. I won't bother with a separated woman any more than I would a married one.
 harviej
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:47:59 AM
What a great post! Obviously a sweet and sensible young woman unjaded by life. How refreshing. There can be several reasons for this silly questioning. Inate suspicion, an attempt at flattery (wow you are too good looking to be single! kind of thing), an unwillingness to believe their luck that they might get the interest of a lovely youg woman (there must be a catch right?), which indicates an underlying lack of self confidence.
Don't let it worry you and don't put too much into it. Young guys send out a lot of mail and get all kind of responses (or non responses). Sometimes one not really single woman will get a guy jaded about everyone. They will eventually grow out of that kind of childishness.
 dada1357
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:14:41 AM
Once again this question lands on BOTH sides of the gender fence. Deception of ANY kind is still DECEPTION. Honesty for me personally, is one of the TOP qualities I look for in another person. If I find I have been deceived (especially deceived in a way your post suggests) then that will be it for me. What I have found on these sites if the person lies about on thing they won’t hesitate to lie about ANYTHING.
 LuvADKs
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/16/2012 4:29:15 PM
There are plenty of people on dating sites who claim to be single, but they are actually married or otherwise attached to a S/O. Here is a link to a recent article that tells the story of such a case. The guy thought he was dating a divorcee, but the woman was actually still married. The estranged husband is alleged to have killed the wife's lover.
Advice to all: when it comes to online "buyer beware".

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/husband-drives-350-miles-shoot-wife-lover-article-1.1172108
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >