Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 subtle_savage
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?Page 4 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
If I'm ignored it's a clear sign she isn't interested; or she's too dysfunctional to engage in dialogue. Either way: Next.

ss
 Walking in Memphis
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:30:06 AM
Those of us men that are good looking and totally unsure of themselves ... Yes there alot more than you'd think ... Can not handle being ingnored. It is like a moth to the flame for them. And in some cases I have seen it get to obsessive behaviour.

But in reality those are not the kinda guys the most women want that is also my experience as well ... So I choose to be different and not feel like I have to have someone's attention like that at all.

CoolBreezez
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:15:27 PM
Ah- the game continues- can anyone figure this stuff out?

Very few of us want to throw ourselves at someones feet and say "I'm all yours- do with me what you may" unless your M to someones else's S. You want to appear interested but not needy, strong and confident, but in a way that makes you seem available. Its a matter of degree and its a little different for everyone.

This is what makes romance messy and exciting at the same time. But if your going to ignore everyone, then you will end up alone. If this is the way you want it- congrats- if not- learn to be both strong and receptive at the same time.

I'll let you know when I've figured it out. Til then

PRINCESSFIFI
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/2/2006 2:53:22 PM
i think ignoring a guy gets u nowhere---but being too eager or available is just as bad--based on my experiences if u like someone and want to get their attention just be yourself in their company and then walk away confident in who are and if he wants more of u hes gonna have to earn your respect,trust etc. if you give out the vibe that u feel good about yourself and the chemistry is there most times guys love that about a woman and wanna grab her before someone else does-to sum it up ur not ignoring him but putting out the vibe u like him and would luv to get to know him further but if that doesnt happen its all good!
 De03montess
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/2/2006 3:06:45 PM
To the insecure maybe,personally I wouldnt notice an if i did i wouldnt pay much attention to it.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2006 3:43:45 PM
Ignore a guy and he'll just move on to someone that shows some interest. Game players are never worth the effort.
 stevelfun
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/2/2006 7:41:54 PM
Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another's heart, or its flame burns low.
~ Henry Ward Beecher

Be careful what you wish for - you might just get it.....
 studplayrico
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2006 10:57:19 PM
Oh no it's the ultimate punishment!!!! I hate being ignored.
 Jimbo1268
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:13:17 AM
Well, if you ignore me on-line, you'll get deleted from my in-box very quickly - which seems to happen often, unfortunately. I think with guys you can extrapolate that into 'real life' but there are always going to be a set of circumstances.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/16/2006 6:51:01 AM
Again I think this thread should be titled differently. I think if you back off a man you've shown interest in and let him pursue you or not, that will work to let you know if he's into you. You can pursue a man to the point where he feels railroaded.

So in that sense, yes it does work. Men need to be part of the process too, and women should make the first move (if they are into that), but not all the moves. It's a balance.
 2fuzy
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/16/2006 7:57:18 AM
nope it works about as well as telling him his mother is a _________
 designingwoman
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2006 7:25:35 PM
Well said BonVB!!
 cedar77
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 4:55:35 PM
Ignoring me wouldn't get my attention.....paying attention to me would get my attention.
.....that's alot of attentions

Merry Christmas
 cedar77
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 5:32:13 PM
I used to put a lot of effort into first e-mails. It got me nothing. I can sense myself putting less and less effort into those initial e-mails now, which almost makes it a self fullfilling prophesy. The less effort, the less result right? Except I wasn't getting the response in the first place so why waste all that time and effort?

msg. 300...
you're not alone ....I have the same experience...and so do two buddies I know who are on here...every once in a while a good one comes along...but putting effort into long mails is often naive and a waste of a guy's time.
 designingwoman
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 6:45:21 PM
Comanche put it really well. If I like a guy I'm not going to ignore him. I'll let him know that I'm interested, and let the chips fall where they may.

Ron9
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/23/2006 7:00:52 PM
< takes a hint
< gets a clue
< gets on the bus Gus
< don't look back no more no more
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 4:45:49 PM

It sure does! It gets a guy's attention onto something else.
 lisahzgrneyz06
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/24/2006 7:59:51 PM
I think sometimes it does get his attention. I've never ignored anyone intentionally...but I'm a very busy person. I have a lot of friends and I work in an Intensive Care Unit...so my job is very demanding also. And a lot of men demand more attention than I can give them. And so far that has been my biggest problem with dating someone. Are there any men out there that REALLY want someone that would be giving them a lot of space...because I havn't found one yet.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/26/2006 4:51:44 AM
How did this question become about e-mail? I think that's totally different than someone you've shown interest in in person.
 maysunshowers
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2006 6:36:07 AM
I don't know about other women, but I'm a wee bit on the shy side. When I ignore a guy, it's because I'm not sure if the interest is reciprocated and I don't want to be too obvious . . . and I'm one of those people who has a difficult time hiding anything, as everything is practically written on my face. So, if I ignore, it's not to play games. It's because I'm not sure how well my interest will be received. Perhaps a bit of a confidence issue, but I really don't want to look desperate or creep a guy out.
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:45:39 PM
Just for the record, not all men like the chase. If she's worth it she's worth the effort but if someone thinks they are going to make me jump through hoops to "prove" myself, they've got another thing coming. Ignoring me is the quickest way to have me never email you, call you or ask you out ever again. IMHO.

I am in TOTAL agreement with you Just...I am 36 and I have past this childish stage. If I am emailing a woman it is because I found something in her worth getting to know. I am NOT going to play the friendship game. I am not going to wait for you to email me back. Either you email me within a week or don't bother emailing me at all. Trust me, if I have to wait and play that game, you will quickly learn that you are NOT as all that to me as you thought I did. You could be the goddess of all goddesses herself or the poorest woman in the world, you are just another human, to me. You put on your clothing like I do. You breathe the same air I do. Etc., etc., etc.

If you are really looking for a man who won't play head games with you, stop for Heaven's sakes playing your mind games.

"Trix are for kids...and johns."

I think there is a huge difference between ignoring a man and allowing a man to pursue. One is rude and the other is common sense. Men love the chase!

Not this man. I can't believe you tried to tell that lie about me. This is why so many men call women cockteases, tricks, and other less than loving and flattering words.

How many of you women would like to have the same game played on you? How many of you would follow behind a man like a little dog just for a chance to prove to him you are worth keeping? Really think about that before you make statements like above.
 TrackMan391
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/6/2007 12:10:13 PM
Not for me. To me, ignoring equals lack of attraction, plain and simple. And I don't view the whole thing as a chase; I see it as more of a gamble. Sure it's fun to take a risk once in a while, but if the odds are stacked against you, the smart thing to do is pass on it. The profile could be the Helen of Troy, but if getting a reply from her takes more effort than what I think is worth, then no thanks. If I write or call someone, it means I'm intersted in getting to know them and spending time time them. If she ignores me, I'll try two or three times (giving the benefit of doubt; the ignoring could have been inadvertent), then move on to someone who respects me enough not to play the ignoring game (also goes by the name "hard to get"). There is a fine line between being persistant and jumping through hoops like a circus lion. And I know which side I want to be on.
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:37:07 PM
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention? If a woman is ignoring me it certainly won't get mine. I'll assume they're not interested and move on. For them to get my attention they have to show some of interest in me. Once I know they're interested they'll get my full and undivided attention.
 867love
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/10/2007 1:42:05 AM
may work for some guys to ignore them or play hard to get, however if she starts playing games like that -i'm outta there...quick!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?