Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iamtheone39
Msg: 102
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?Page 5 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Good thread...I feel that there is a fine line between "flirting" and "bothering"..when it gets to the bothering point the turn-off happens. I can't explain when that point begins and ends though. Sometimes we don't find out until it is too late. I like to just casually make my "woman" know every so often that I am still interested in her...even if it means sending her a rose and a card. Alot of people just overdue it and it takes the "mystery" out of the relationship.
 rockondon
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:23:34 PM
It insures that he never pays attention to you.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:04:34 PM
I don't like the games,but really...saying women don't play them at any age would me turning a blind eye. Games are played from High School to the nursing home,unfortunately.
 whater39
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2007 11:51:11 PM

I would never ignore someone I was really interested in. Because if someone ignores me, I will move on...not gonna sit around and play silly games. Life is too short for that.

I fully agree. If someone ignores me I think there not interested, and I will take the point and move on. I'm not going to be a stalker. Also I don't play games, and won't date someone who plays them.

People just need to get BRAVE, and be straight. It's called communication.
 PRINCESSFIFI
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:39:16 AM
ignoring a guy makes you seem ****y and full of yourself...however being nice,interesting,a little elusive, independent and comfy in your own skin gets his attention
 QTpye16
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:14:12 AM
21Questions,

Let me just say this only works with guys who are into the "chase" thing, guys who are the life of the party and think they are god's gift to women....which all in all are MOSTLY gemini men, lol.
 Tonyrocks
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2007 5:22:16 AM
Ummm no sorry, if you ignore me then its like okay your not interested PERIOD. Although there are guys out there who dont seem to get that concept, they have to be told that she is not interested. AND EVEN THEN THEY WONT GIVE UP. morons...its not ego its stupidity.
 Tim0066
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/23/2007 8:05:13 AM

ignoring a guy makes you seem ****y and full of yourself...however being nice,interesting,a little elusive, independent and comfy in your own skin gets his attention

Well said,

As for OP and "ignoring a guy to get his attention", ever hear the saying "actions speak louder then words"?

If you want a man to go away and not try talking to you... what do you do? Ignor him.

If you want a man to stay and talk to you... what do you do? Ignor him???

Why say you dont like playing games, then play games?

Women! *&^%$#!
 randomstoic
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/23/2007 6:54:08 PM
It works if he is interested in you. If he is not or has other options, then the moral would be that you have shot yourself in the foot. Now most single blokes, unless already very smitten, tend to walk around with flirtation motion detectors. So don't be surprised if the gent starts flirting with the lass from the next cubicle.
 Cobratraps27
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/23/2007 9:46:39 PM
Being a challenge always make the other persue, its just human nature, if they dont its because the reality is that person is just not interested, whoever fights reality will be a miserable person
 agoramatic
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/23/2007 10:46:54 PM
Ignoring works with women, and some guys with abnormally large egos.
 giggleparts
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/23/2007 11:41:22 PM
Ah yes, yet another delicious example of why so many people are horribly retarded.... horribly.

the giggleparts - They told me it was mayonnaise... but... it wasn't mayonnaise... it wasn't.
 michaeld70
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 11:17:04 PM
I have enough trouble meeting women, being shy at first and all, so if you ignore me, I'm done, I move on, I dont play games.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:52:45 AM
I don't like the chase.

So if I get ignored, I move on.

The funny thing about this is how many women in the past tried doing the whole ignoring thing like we were back in Jr. High or something... then 2 weeks later after I moved on and started talking to someone else, they got mad at ME for ignoring them back.

I hate games. If a girl likes me, she should just say so.
 abelian
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/13/2009 8:00:30 AM
I guess you could say it gets my attention. As soon as I notice I'm being ignored, I send a message that says, ``Thanks for your time,'' and I concentrate on the women who aren't ignoring me. If they were playing a game (which most seem to be doing), they usually find time to reply in a hurry and put themselves a disadvantage. Anyone who plays that sort of game online is being dumb. There are thousands of people from which to choose and it's no loss whatsoever to write off anyone who is a pain in the ass.
 btj_rv
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/13/2009 9:22:59 AM
It was not to long ago when medical doctors performed full scale surgeries without anaesthesia. Does it mean that the procedure can't be utilized? No. But I think that most guys would want a more modern process to be utilized in dating. I think utilizing such a strategy involves a risk that is directly proportionate to how much the person is interested in the other. Besides if a guy ignored a women that wasn't interested in him it would seem that he would be doing her a favor.
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:28:55 PM
When I was at a party, bar or other social occasion, one of my friends used to make me laugh when he said, "I can tell she likes me by the way she is ignoring me". The problem is that when a woman ingores a man she is actually interested in she runs the risk of him thinking she is stuck up, conceited, a b**ch, or just not interested, and thus the opportunity for them to meet is lost. It's similar to an old wives tale that your mother might have told you... ignoring men will make them more interested in you. That may have been true years ago but these days few guys are willing to play the chase game anymore. What's the point? If you are interested in the guy, let him know!
 celts123
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/13/2009 1:37:34 PM
No. If a woman ignores me, then I would think she's not interested or not available. I would move on at that point.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 7:05:37 PM
If someone were to ignore me after I said hello, sent them an email, or called them on the phone, I would assume they were interested and move on. I'm alittle to busy for games.

And if she is just busy with schools or kids, etc... That's understandable, but maybe it's not a good time to be trying to go on a date with her anyway, seeing as she is so busy, and/or too busy to reply.
 punkcodi1984
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:04:11 PM
number 1:well thats y u ask them what theyre interests are over the fone,kind of c how they anwser u if their being standoffish,or if they take awhile to answer the question. Ur number 2: if a guy is flirting with another girl infront of u it could be a possibilty of a few things,like yea u hit it off on the fone but when u got to hang out with them ur not that interesting to them,with guys u gotta ge their attention,keep them interested,if u seem boring to them they will try to move on,some ***holes will do it infront of ur face,but another reason that a guy will flirt with sum1 infront of u bcuz they want to c if u get jealous,and being jealous doesnt always mean kikking the other girls ass,it just means that u like him it shows a sign of weakness i mean ya a guy wants a girl to have her own stuff and what not but if ya show a lil sign that u need them it helps
 punkcodi1984
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:06:39 PM
i think if u ignore someone than its childish like every1 has said already on here but i only ignore sum1 for good if they offend me,or dont like what i have to offer,like this site says"plenty of fish"
 valenciacityx
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:46:59 PM
You could ignore me, I would return the favor.
 karma1160
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:55:45 AM
This makes absolutely no sense at all. In the day and age of singledom if someone ignores me I move on . I am not interested in playing juvenile games and I don't think men are either. If you really want to have a fully functioning relationship you have to ask for what you need and if the person can't give it to you then you need to look elsewhere.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:47:59 AM
LOL! Depends on the guy. Completely! Some men will make sure you notice them.. others will give a half assed effort and then complain that you didn't notice, others will decide you are too much work for them and will not even try. Eh whatever to each their own

I ignore men initially, not intentionally, but I do, it's my nature, just the way I am. Once you've got my attention though, I won't ignore you, I'm also not going to call/text/e-mail/IM you constantly either. I used to never contact men period, but that annoyed even myself. lol.

Anyway, It's not really a problem, the ones that really want my attention get it. The other ones just float by without me noticing, so I miss nothing.

Of course that being said.. if you are someone like me and you ignore men.. you can't sit around and **** that you never get dates. If you paid attention you probably would get dates. I just manage to get boyfriends rather then dates most of the time. It works well for me :~)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?