Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 45
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted felon?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
"mrkscarborough"

what do you mean "come from the land of convicts no worries mate"?
 mrkscarborough
Msg: 46
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted felon?
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:33:43 AM
Well us aussies are ancesters to prinsenors and outlaws.
 mrkscarborough
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:34:36 AM
And what sort of beer do you yanks drink.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:37:39 AM
"yanks" lol.

Budlight
Budweiser
Miller Lite
Natural Ice

I don't drink anymore.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 49
What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:58:23 AM
Yeah the guy i am dateing now and fixing to have a baby by
is an convicted fellon and it is because when he lived in another
state he had gotten introuble with, the law(system) when he lived
in IA and he served his prison time in IA for his crime.

And moved to state of lousiana and he served his probation time
for being an convicted fellon from the other state he lived in and
he has not, been in anymore trouble since he moved away from IA.

(people may call me nuts/crazy but i did not know him back then and i didn't even know, anything about his life or how he was then we been togeather for almost 3years. he's changed.)
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:10:49 AM
dacainaru

just a question but you would do that to you'r own brother?.

my boyfriend is in jail right now but not because of rape/killing/childmolestation
he's in jail because he was an fellon w/firearm and no tags and open container,
and he did not do anything other than that to be locked up.

me for one i could never turn my brother in if he messed up
and he was an felon no matter what he did, i could not turn
my back on my flesh N blood he is "my family".
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 51
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:20:11 AM
i guess i am WERID/ODD for not likeing the "nice" type all the time and wanting an "badboy" mostly and being with an bad boy type but i don't care about anybody's background/record's i do not care what my boyfriend, did in his past because i L.O.V.E. him for who he is not what happend in his past or his past realationships.
 Synical
Msg: 52
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:25:32 AM

me for one i could never turn my brother in if he messed up
and he was an felon no matter what he did, i could not turn
my back on my flesh N blood he is "my family".

It is not "turning your back" on your family to do the right thing and get help for them. If my brother was a sex offender, and hurting innocent people, I'd turn him in in a heartbeat. It is not love to encourage a criminal behavior by not stopping it, if it's in your power to do so.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/27/2006 5:43:56 AM
theres a difference in getting them help for the "illness" and haveing them locked up (in jail) but everybody does thing's there way and i know right now i'm PROBALY not that likeable on this site, because of the way i think and feel toward's situration's or my views on life/backgrounds.

i will be back in a few minute's.
 Synical
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:58:39 AM

theres a difference in getting them help for the "illness" and haveing them locked up

Nope, for some offenses the two are synonmous. If my brother had a drug issue, I'd help him get into rehab. If he was a sex offender, I'd walk him to the police station myself. Blood ties do not cancel out a serious offense, and by not reporting him or "turning him in", I'm helping him reoffend ... and then I'm also to blame for the people he hurts.

You pay for your actions .. it's called being an adult and taking responsibility. Regardless of whether its a family member or not ... I would not stop loving them, but I would make sure that they take responsibility for their actions. Our society is based on laws. If you don't follow them, you have to face the consequences.

That being said ... the largest offense one of my brothers has had to face is a drunk driving charge. When he turned to me for sympathy, he found none. I love him, I always will, but I'm glad he lost his lisence and don't feel sorry for him in the least. He broke the law, made a serious error in judgement that could have seriously hurt people, himself included. He faced a strict penalty for it, and it'll teach him not to do it again. I'm glad they caught him, before he did hurt someone.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:11:20 PM
Synical...

So where is your brother at now? do yall still talk or even see eachother.?

My brother was with a friend one night and got pulled over and had stay
a few nights in jail over "drugs", but when he came home WE was still here
for him and my mom and dad never turned their backs on him.

And i do know nobody ask's us to share our story's with them and we do not
have to tell them what is going on with us but it is nice to get it off you'r chest
and, some people should know the reasons/explain them better than just hearing
bits of the story and judgeing by what they hear.

i'll be back have to check on my clothe's i am doing.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:32:49 PM
cojo4... lol

maybe he should be sent to some of these "girls" on this fourm because how do we KNOW if what somebody is saying acturly happend, the way its written on here or if they are just saying those thing's to get somebody feel sorry for them.

and as of right now i am dateing an convicted fellon and fixing have his child and i could care less what he did to become labled as an convicted fellon or even if he was labled as a sex offender, because what he did to become labled this happend before me and him started dateing and even before i met him.

and alot of women wonder how come they can NOT find anybody bascily its because yall are to damn picky (the ones without kids) and to quick to judge an man because of his background or past life, i bet NONE of you women/girls on this site ever are faced with haveing loose a "love" one because of some stupiod shit that happend when they lived in another state.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:40 PM
If that question is for me he has a "NAME" and its not "criminal" and i KNOW he would never do that to our child or even think about it because PEOPLE do change maybe the person who did that to yall never changed, but you can NOT judge all men/guys by just what ONE man has done to you.
 Synical
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:59:48 PM

PEOPLE do change maybe the person who did that to yall never changed

No broken, this is the part you're refusing to understand. You keep talking about sex offenders changing. You need to research this.

They do NOT change.

Sex offenders are at a serious high risk to reoffend, that is why they are put on the registry. In most cases, their urges are uncontrollable. This is why so many sex offenders rely on hormone supresants and medication ... they can not change, they can only avoid.

You can go on and on about forgiveness and not judging by someones past, but it makes no sense if you know the basic facts about sexual offenders. It's not their past when they stand a high probability of reoffending .. it's a proven, medical fact.

I'm under the impression that you're oversensitive about the entire subject because of your boyfriend, but unless he's in jail for a sexual offense (which he isn't), why do you keep defending something when you don't even have the relevant facts and information about it??
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:08:14 PM
Synical

okay want the TRUTH im sure your woman enough to handle it my boyfriend is an convicted felon wich what made him an convicted felon was because he got charged as being an sex offender in the state of IA and for yall's information, i have been researching about this type of situration's.

my boyfriend lived in IA and there was this chick who he got into some trouble with he was helping her out because the guy in his (20s) knocked her up and took off after findeing out she was pregnant, well my boyfriend helped her out with the kid and helped her family out when they didnt have any money or food.

and the girl's father called the law and told the IA police that he (bf) was haveing sexual realtions with their daughter and he got put in the IA prision for a few year's because of the whole shit with that young, chick who couldn't accpet her own things and make a better life for her and her baby.

and if it was my boyfriend who was being done this way by people i would defend him no matter how rough thing's got and no matter how much people threw our way because i love him and i respect him and i care enough about him, to not let people trash talk him or look down on him.

if it was NOT for my boyfriend i would have probaly been liveing in an ditch somewhere and ended up on bad drugs and homeless because my last boyfriend treated me like shit and did nothing but sleep around on me, with an woman in her late 40's and my bf now acturly GOT ME OUT of all that bullshit/dramma.
 Synical
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:24:20 PM
I agree with everything Sienna posted, and Garf for that matter.

Do you realize, Broken, that you now are in a position that you have to choose .. either your b/f, a convicted sex offender, or your child? If he has a sexual offense in his history, and you allow him near that child, Childrens Aid will step in and remove that child from your custody and make that choice for you.

Your first priority should be to that child who's relying on you to protect it. You show blatant disregard for it's health now, by smoking, and show complete disregard for it's future by being involved with a sex offender.

For the first time, I'm grateful for the likes of CFS. If you don't make the right choice for your child, they will.

I had noticed the same issues with her posts, Garf ... contradicting, jumping from one side to the other .. glad I wasn't the only one who saw it.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:27:59 PM
For your INFORMATION "synical" i do NOT and NEVER will have to "CHOOSE" im not LIKE anyone else on this fourm/in life who chooses over their child or their fathers child and for your INFORMATION he will be HOME in 2YEARS and i could care less what ANY OF YOU think because, yall do NOT know me like my FLESH and BLOOD does.

Your first priority should be to that child who's relying on you to protect it. You show blatant disregard for it's health now, by smoking, and show complete disregard for it's future by being involved with a sex offender.

DID I EVER ASK FOR YOU TO BUT INTO MY SITURATION'S AND I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN HAVE ANYBODY TAKE MY DAMN CHILD AWAY FROM ME JUST BECAUSE OF THE DADS BACKGROUND YOU DO NOT KNOW US, AND YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT OUR FAMILY IS LIKE.

MY FAMILY WILL NEVER LET ANYTHING HAPPEND TO THIS BABY AND IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE FACET/IDEA THAT I AM WITH THE BABYS DADDY THAN I AM SORRY FOR YOU AND ANYBODY ELSE JUST BECAUSE, HES AN CONVICTED FELON DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY BABYS LIFE.

SINCE YOUR NOT HELPING ANY OF US THROUGH THIS PREGNACY AND I WOULDN'T ASK FOR YOU TWO CENTS IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT AND YOU KNOW YOURSELF YOUR NOT ALL LITTLE MISS PERFECT YOU HAVE MADE, SOME MISTAKES AS WELL AND I COULD CARE LESS WHAT YOU THINK/FEEL TOWARDS ME OR ANYBODY I AM WITH OR KNOW BECAUSE AFTER ALL THIS IS JUST THE "INTERNET" GET OFF THIS FOURM AND BE AN REAL WOMAN!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:43:28 AM
i'm not looking for anything right now but friend's and i always wonder how come females have more male friend's than female friend's being around this area of La i can certainly see why, because the females do nothing but sleep around and talk bad about somebody who still loves them.

i was just speaking my mind and i am not wanting anything/anybody in my life the ONLY people i want in my life are friend's (in person/chat) my baby and my babys father because
i LOVE him, but it obviously seems NOBODY know's the MEANING behind the word L.O.V.E.
anymore.

if anybody has notice this is the FIRST time i have even posted on this thread tonight and mainly when people have NOT posted on this thread tonight,(3-2-06) it is because they have
better threads to read!.

No disrespect to ANY of you but we all make our OWN
choices in LIFE and what we do, should not be depending
on what anybody else think's.

Best of luck to you all i'm off to another
fourm i hope you all find true, happiness
because i am H.A.P.P.Y.!!!!!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:54:25 AM
hopefully if it was for robbing a bank he would be in a better place
with an brand new life and away, from anything that was holding him
back.

can't anybody learn how to just have F.U.N.
on the fourms, anymore seems these days people
are just to serious about stuff.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:58:32 AM
TheGlimmerMan

Way to tell it like it is lol i'm acturly in a GOOD mood tonight and it seems like these people
on the fourm can NOT lighten up and live a little, and my baby is in NO danger and to let all yall know i am giveing the baby MY last name NOT the daddys last name.

Im nameing my baby after my dad!
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:03:02 AM
i know everybody is on this site for ADVICE and some are looking for their better half but to me i think all of us are going to do what we wan't when it comes, down to it in the end and no matter what advice people give or say to someone.

none of us can change somebodys mind and none of us can make anybody change their life or who they are around or even date because in the end its ONLY up to THAT person what, he or she does in her life because we all have to make our OWN choices in life nobody can do it for us.

Broken_Soul
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:15:42 AM
The doctors think a boy baby is due april the second i'm nameing it if its a girl Amanda Deanne F.(my last name) The "Deanne, after my aunt who died. the "Amanda" after my neice.)

If its a boy i'm nameing him David Lee F. after my dad.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/2/2006 2:36:12 AM
thats funny finger5 glad you stoped by on this fourm we needed, some LAUGHTER shined on this subject.

glad see not everybody takes things on the threads,
so seriously and close to heart.

<----goes finds an FELLON HERSELF
just jokeing its 4:37AM cant sleep a
little, hyper.
 Broken_Soul
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/2/2006 3:44:06 AM
lol thats funny a good laugh at 5:44am
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What if your date told you that he/she was a convicted fellon...