Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Have you found your love here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JazzDan
Msg: 27
Have you found your love here?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Why Yes, I have, :)

She wrote to me, after my 3 years of looking. I consider myself so lucky. I can't even comprehend how I'd find someone more compatible.

I went through everything that everyone here goes through; the unread/ deleted/ unanswered emails and messages, the "almost" connections, the interest from someone attractive and interesting that was much too far away...but in the end, patience paid off.

In life, of course, anything can happen, but I will easily say that for now...I've found "the one" for as long as she'll have me.

Hang in there folks, it CAN happen!
Have you found your love here?
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:06:23 PM

Any relationship that no longer continues is a "FAILED RELATIONHIP" regardless of reason, and to try and reason it any other way is truly ignorant.

Wow, I never realized that I am ignorant for having a wife that died. I never really looked at it quite like that.

With all that wisdom you have, I'm sure you will find EXACTLY the right guy for you.
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:19:16 PM
Profession Financial Securities

My G-d I hope it doesn't go beyond making coffee for the office.
 SkippyZippy
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/4/2009 2:19:52 PM
JESSIE---some people are good at that, others are very good at it.
Posted: 9/4/2009 3:00:06 PM
Thanks, Hallie. I have actually reached a point that I usually appreciate it when someone brings "contrast" into my life because it brings into better focus just how sane and wise the other people are.
 You cant make me
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/4/2009 3:04:38 PM
All I can do is shake and hang my head after reading a few posts in here!!!
Bob....tried to email you to let you know something,but you have me blocked..lol

I haven't found love on here yet,but I'm not looking very hard either!!!
 oleDog49
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/5/2009 3:39:11 PM
Doodaa" as i have seen it first hand you and Rick are great example's of what]
can happen!!....Bob and Naughti..sorry for the young ladys ignorence as you
both have a loss that i would not be able to endure....and you both are good souls
that we all can learn from....To the young lady once you experince the loss that some have
had to endure..i don't believe you will know what love is..as i see it your own agenda
is not love but an analytical disection of human condition..we all are flawed and all
are weak..but are strengths are in our hearts..given what you have wrote so far
your heart is the fartherest from what you are thinking with..and to me that is
a shame..
Dan
 You cant make me
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/5/2009 4:04:26 PM
Jim....you're not signed up for toga yet???

I won't waste my time responding to the 'ignorant' comment!!!! That would be feeding the trolls!!

I do know several people who have met their love here on POF!!!!
 You cant make me
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/5/2009 4:21:25 PM
Jim.......this is the wrong thread to talk about that!!! I will be watching for you to sign up!!!
 LivinLovinAndLaughin
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:19:05 AM
Excuse me all... But if I may, I'd like to ask an assinine question of an assinine poster. If one signs up on 08/30/09, and posts a comment on 09/04/09. Is that not UNDER a week????
AND even if only ON & OFF for a month..... guess that makes one VERY knowledgeable of all things in relationships.... Course' then Dr. Phil thinks he's an expert as well.. and let's not forget Jerry Springer...
I am also wondering ONE other weird thing... on #3 statement.. I would think this statment would be coming from a man, not a woman.... Hmmmm, makes one wonder.... of course I also notice another commenter that is in agreement with this one... And we know who that person is... (under the fabrication of a made up profile)
THESE are the ones who scare the sh*t out of people.... Relationships will NEVER work with these types... as meds don't always work to keep their brains functioning on an even kilter.

But you two hang on in there....... Even Gilligan had hope of gettin' off that island.

To Naught & Apprentice ~ Thank God there are people like yourselves..
 HockeyTalkie
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:24:48 AM
...very well said Ole Dog.
 You cant make me
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:59:26 AM
Well said Michelle!!!
As a human being,I had to hang my head in shame,when I read those 2 posters comments on here!!(so sad)
 You cant make me
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/6/2009 2:40:39 PM
Hallie......I do believe she was referring to msg 63 through 69....
 LivinLovinAndLaughin
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:14:09 PM
Yes, that would be correct! And correct on the can't name names.. but THEY know what I'm talking about.
 You cant make me
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:20:34 PM

confused me as we shake our heads in unison

Hallie.....I know I was shaking my head as I read it,but was also ashamed of our 'fellow' human beings at posting such a mean and nasty thing!!!
 straykat4u2keep
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:25:49 PM
Even I, a New Yorker, was left speechless (imagine that...lol!) reading that utmost IGNORANT comment of a Ms. Apparently knows it all and is on a dating site because WHY??? Last I checked, DEATH DIDN'T= FAILURE!! Even after being called on it, you STILL don't have enough decency or class to apologize and rephrase your comment, how insensitive!! Anyway, putting that nonsense aside, Naughtical & Apprenticesoulmate, you guys have a lot of class to have to endure such callousness. I am truly sorry for the loss of your loved ones.

I've been with Rick now 4 1/2 months after meeting on our way to the Sarasota POF party. First he met my friends, then he met my family 2 weeks later, he then flew me to NYC in July to meet his family & last night we got done moving in together. We are now preparing for our cruise to The Bahamas tomorrow so I'd have to say like Dooda said, I too have found love on POF. Funny thing is, I wasn't even looking. Goes to show you sometimes you need to lighten up & not put so many restrictions/demands, just go with the flow. Good luck & happy fishing all!

the not-so STRAYKAT
 You cant make me
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/6/2009 3:30:05 PM

Even I, a New Yorker, was left speechless (imagine that...lol!) reading that utmost IGNORANT comment of a Ms. Apparently knows it all and is on a dating site because WHY??? Last I checked, DEATH DIDN'T= FAILURE!! Even after being called on it, you STILL don't have enough decency or class to apologize and rephrase your comment, how insensitive!! Anyway, putting that nonsense aside, Naughtical & Apprenticesoulmate, you guys have a lot of class to have to endure such callousness. I am truly sorry for the loss of your loved ones.
I've been with Rick now 4 1/2 months after meeting on our way to the Sarasota POF party. First he met my friends, then he met my family 2 weeks later, he then flew me to NYC in July to meet his family & last night we got done moving in together. We are now preparing for our cruise to The Bahamas tomorrow so I'd have to say like Doodasaid, I too have found love on POF. Funny thing is, I wasn't even looking. Goes to show you sometimes you need to lighten up & not put so many restrictions/demands, just go with the flow. Good luck & happy fishing all!

oleDog49
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:02:54 PM
Hallie I hope you are taking good care of are friend down there..just you guys can't
keep her ..she has a lot of work to do not to mention we would not have a
bosslady to keep us under control ..Straykat we all know that the young lady
was way out of line..and agree with you she should have shown some class
and at least redone her post..
Seeyaa!! Dan
 justnancy
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:22:21 PM

Very well said Dan. I agree with you. To never have loved with her heart and soul is the biggest failure I see for this young lady.

Ditto Jim

Jesse it is so sad that at such a young age you could be so negative. Like many other people on here I just shake my head. How sad!!!
You have only been on this for about a week, makes you wonder WHY you joined with such a negative attitude.

Bob and Naughtical I agree with both you!!! There is a big difference in a relationship that has ended as compared to a failed relationship.

I enjoyed all the GREAT love stories posted here. Like Hallie I was in Sarasota when Rick and Straykat met, and have seen some relationships blossom since the Melbourne event. It gives me hope!!! Funny I have visited the "success stories" here on POF, but when you see and hear it first hand it seems more real, knowing some of the players gives it more value somehow.
 ck1time
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:20:09 PM
Wow, & I only meant to start a LOVE thread a long time ago...LOL...shows it's the most powerful emotion...Yes, Kat, you and Rick have a wonderful time! (I remember locking eyes w/you 1st as I walked into my return to a central fla venue last Oct, felt "she's got heart & class" & I've never been disappointed since.) Cupid's proud of you guys!
Marion & Apprentice, thank you for your tolerance & hearts of gold...as you are doing, forgive & forget, all humans err, or at least forgive & move on...humming Youngbloods' (played last night in public) "Come On, people, now, Smile on your brother, Everybody get together & try to love one another Right Now..."
Everyone have a safe & Loving Labor Day!
 justnancy
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:32:11 PM

"Come On, people, now, Smile on your brother, Everybody get together & try to love one another Right Now..."
Everyone have a safe & Loving Labor Day!

Couldn't agree more!!!
 ck1time
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:44:24 PM
"Kumbaya-Nancy-Kumbaya..." hum along people...keep it rolling...LOL
 justnancy
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/6/2009 5:56:32 PM
Someones singing lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya-Ck-Kumbaya
oh Lord Kumbaya
 ck1time
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:14:09 PM
...Nice...Very Nice.... Hug & dance in future...that's not limiting...
 ck1time
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:01:27 PM
Jim: keep it cool but...FAR FREAKING OUT! That's for your love,
the one that has seen the light...
see you & our "admirers" on Halloween.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Have you found your love here?