Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Explaining the origin of your profile name....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChandlerMurielBing
Msg: 200
Explaining the origin of your profile name....Page 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
mine is sort of lame I guess
mine is named after the show Friends personality named Chandler
because he was raised by parents who were screwed up in the head although my guardian were screwed up in many other ways.

And yes I am looking for my Monica kind of women; actually not now but eventually.
She is a goofy and a bit cooky (scared about her past quirks like being a pack rat and once being fat) and very anal about cleaning buts that fine by me since I hate cleaning just as long she likes my exaggerated expressions and dry humor. She is not supermodel body looking but thats fine by me. Then she is the one.
 neoxite
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Explaining the origin of your profile name....
Posted: 1/11/2010 10:40:58 PM
Well I figured I'd explain mine. I came up with this name totally on the fly. I was into PC gaming for a long time and I was tired of coming up with name. I wanted something original that didn;t require me adding a number or a "_" or whatever to it. Yes I've played WoW....with so many people you need to be a bit creative or else you find "Name already taken" a LOT.

Yes I am a dork.

Anyway...since the creation of "Neoxite"...I've never had to make up a new name in over 30 different MMORPGs.
 whitetigeress
Msg: 202
Posted: 1/20/2010 6:48:26 PM
During an incident in my 20's, a best friend of mine witness my one time cat-like temper at a man who wouldn't take her no for answer.
She from then on nicknamed me Black Cat.
When I first joined the internet I tweaked this nickname to Whitetigeress cuz I am white and aged from a cat to a tigeress

and the spelling is on purpose,... tigeress instead of tigress because my oldest "cub" is born during year of the Tiger
 Shaddix
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/20/2010 10:07:05 PM
My favorite band is Papa Roach, the lead singer's name is Jaccoby Shaddix. If I could fck anyone in the world, it would be him. haha.. So I picked Shaddix. I have a ferret named Jaccoby, I also have numerous Papa Roach lyric tattoo's also, and plan to get more.
 ea┬«ly
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:40:56 AM
It's just a logical progression (or regression, ...depending on what time it is) from post #3
 TravelingLight
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/21/2010 4:17:17 AM
Mine refers to the fact that I'm trying - well, very cautiously this time - again to find someone, and that I'm on POF a second time.

46 is the number of the dimension I come from

(no, seriously it has something to do with my age..
yes seriously I'm not from dimension 46)
 flyin squirrel
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 8:09:05 AM
Well I used to work for a major airline...my last day to fly was Jan. 19th ( furloughed)

So hence" Flyin "..and I had to drop the ( g ) b/c someone else had it!

And the "Squirrel " came from a friend of mine WAAAAAy back in the day.

We just replaced the word (girl) w/ squirrel any time a song had the word girl in it also did the same thing w/ the word ( world )..changing the lyrics to any song w/ squirrel instead of girl/and or world is just damn funny especially in a car w/ a bunch girls screaming at the top of our lungs ..

For example
Squirrels on Film by Duran Duran
I'll stop the Squirrel and melt with you by Modern English
Squirrel you know it's True by Millie Vanilli...etc etc

Hopefully by now all you posters will have this stuck in your head and won't be able to listen to 80's and 90's music without using "squirrel" ...well maybe at least just once!

Enjoy!
 DJ48375
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:30:38 PM
I really don't know how I came up with it. I tried several other names but they weren't available and this one just seemed to come to mind.
 kari135
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 5:37:49 PM
Mine is a variation of my nick from the old newsgroup days on usenet. I don't think I'll give it because I still use it on some forums, but I was the first one, and now if I google it, thousands of versions come up - even, or especially, on Facebook. I know they aren't me - I'm not a 30-something Black woman living in NYC, nor am I a 20-something blond on Vancouver Island.
 rosebuds57
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/21/2010 5:49:55 PM
my name is Rose. My favorite uncle used to call me rosebud when I was a little girl. I always liked that nick. There was already a rosebud here at the time I joined, so I added an s. There was already a rosebuds, sooooo I added 57.

There ya go.
 Mud-N
Msg: 210
Posted: 1/21/2010 5:53:21 PM
Rob Swindol
What is your address, city, zip code and phone number?
 monalee1
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:07:58 PM
hi... my Italian parents wanted to name me Monalia but they did not know how to translate the i and a into english so the nurse figured they ment ee... didnt she know that all Italian girls names ended in ~a~ and all boys in ~o~ ?? doh ... monalee was taken so monalee1 came up as a suggestion .... my first internet profile name was truegirl... blessings
 Foxi Pavement
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/22/2010 3:31:57 AM
Well I swing between nicknames all the time... Fair Burnette is one I like because it is straight and simple it means I am fair skinned or a fair straight shooting person (most of the time) and burnette hair colour pretty straight forward. Alice In NoMansLand was derived from something a friend told me I was like a girl in a far away place in a land with no men around her ever. Yet if I where in a big city I would be a girl men would be fighting over...hence Alice In NoMansLand.
 Krebby2001
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2010 5:14:33 PM
Krebby2001

Krebby -- nickname for Krebs, as in Maynard G. Krebs, from a past television series. Krebs was the name of my rottweiler, who passed away in November, 2009, after a battle with a cancerous tumor. Kreb's full name was Krebs Huckleberry.

Krebs was adopted on July 27, 2001 (hence the 2001). After a week's journey with my brother, traveling for no reason other than it was summer break from the university, I got home and Krebs was on my property, skinny as a rail, with mange, and a chain digging into his skin around his neck. After about 30 minutes of getting acquainted, and some wieners for him to eat (I had no dog food), we developed a friendship enough to get some pliers and metal cutters to get the chain off of him. The next morning he comes out of the barn, as if proclaiming, "Where's chow?" Another round of wieners (Ball Park, dang, that hurt). Krebs was my constant companion, riding shotgun with me every chance he got.

Krebs put his past behind him to develop into a gentle, obedient, and fun dog, but not without an occasional incident or two, from which he earned the title, Ayatolla Krebola for times when he got into escapades.

After his death, and after the shock of losing him, I adopted another rottweiler mix at a rescue center, to accompany my other rescue dog (a Dingo mix). His name? Well, since one of my cats is named Maynard, the only thing left was "G." G is now going on 9 weeks old, causing many an endless night for me and Sally Diamondgirl and constant vigilance for him on our hikes through the Arizona desert. Life goes on. Krebs would have wanted it that way.
 granz
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/25/2010 2:29:25 PM
Video game character name. I often use names I made-up for use in role-playing games. Kind of lame, but it works.
 mr.evil
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:11:49 PM
Evil is as evil does!
 ~Sugar and Spice~
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:29:07 PM
I'm an artist and one of the mediums I work with is driftwood, I spend alot of time on the beaches picking up driftwood hence the name "Picupsticks" It's also the name of my business.
 Bdancer55
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 6:18:01 PM
bdancer....I'm a Belly dancer :-) 55 because that's the age I was when I started dating again..
 Cinderellon
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:55:57 AM
My nickname is based on my current situation. Similar to Cinderella, but being a someone who stays at home caring for ill parents while doing odd jobs for a rather large family. One of those jobs is watching children, so I kind of think myself as the traditional 50's american housewife with the cooking, cleaning and child-rearing responsibilities, only I'm a guy, I have no spouse, and almost no social life. Hence, "Cinderellon".
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 5:19:12 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it means...

Ostriches
Make
Guillermo
Want
To
Fly

I hope that's it. I like it. It's inspiring.
 2ears1mouth
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/26/2010 5:35:16 AM
It's good strategy to have a name that makes people curious about its origin. Perhaps it would do me well to change mine to something less obvious... especially since I hardly live up to it on these forums!
 Frybreadpower
Msg: 221
Posted: 1/27/2010 12:49:23 PM
This is a neat topic, thanks for posting it!

I worked as a custodian in an office building about 10 years ago, and one of my duties was to gather all the trash from the cubicles around the building and get rid of it. One night I dumped a trash can into the Brute (it's a large trashcan on wheels...), and I caught a glimpse of what looked like a food wrapper that said Path Nine. I never got a good look at the wrapper, but now I think that it was probably a Payday candy bar. Anyway, I wrote Path Nine down on a piece of paper, and stuck it into my pocket. That scrap of paper ended up in pile of other scraps for a while, then about a year later I came across it again, and I liked it a lot. For some reason, I got it into my head to sign my artwork "Path Nine", which I did for about 6 years. Anyway, I've been using it as a screen name for a couple of years, and I have an e-mail address with it. It's also the name of my favorite comic strip that I made a few years ago.

-Daniel
 BBQ Spider
Msg: 222
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:22:57 AM
I picked mine because I heart arachnids; the word "scurvy"; and the movie I stole the phrase from:

George Bailey to Old Man Potter:
"Ohhhhh! You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money! Well, it doesn't, Mr. Potter! In the... In the whole vast configuration of things, I'd say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!"

p.s. mine is one which can be easily googled. But it's fun to guess at names which can't be, and even more fun to find you've guessed completely wrong.

USER NAME Path Nine you are very funny and I'm glad to know the origin. Google seemed to say you were into tarot, or global citizenship, not that there's anything wrong with either of those.
 driven2think
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2010 9:10:27 AM
Mine is just a play on the expression "Driven to drink."
 Frybreadpower
Msg: 224
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:38:16 PM
Scurvy, I've googled "Path Nine" before and seen some interesting things. There's some kind of spiritual thingy called Path Nine, which I read about, and was like, "now that's a strange coincidence!!", because it seemed to kind of go along with my philosophy in life. But, I really did get my name from a wrapper that I saw in the trash... LOL! Also, if you google: Path Nine, you'll see my comic of the same name. It was published in Zuda.com's Monthly contest in October '08. Joy!

-Daniel
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Explaining the origin of your profile name....