Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Explaining the origin of your profile name....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 michaeljustin
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Explaining the origin of your profile name....Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
mine is easy..its my first and middle name put together:)
 carribeanking7
Msg: 67
Explaining the origin of your profile name....
Posted: 8/9/2005 10:32:55 PM
its an official secret
 SweetKristine
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:52:37 AM
ummm its kinda obvious :) I'm sweet...although my name is fred not kristine
 carribeanking7
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:22:25 PM
I am royalty of course
 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish,
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/16/2005 9:23:31 AM
1 fish, 2 fish, red fish blue fish just came to me, most likely because it is silly and fun. Life is too serious most of the time anyways - so why not try to interject a little humor and let the inner child out?!

(It is also the best Dr. Suess book in the world - and the kids in my class would read it every day if they could.....besides...sounds much better than green eggs and ham! )
 wergund
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/16/2005 12:39:29 PM
Maybe ya'll can help me with mine. Google won't do you any good, though. I took Old English Lit in school, and in the glossary at the back of a reference book lent to me by one of my professors, the word wergund was defined as "protector". Years later, I returned the book to my esteemed professor (I don't think I should put her name on the net,don't even know if she's still alive.) And now I can't find a reference to it Anywhere! Have tried old Germanic, Norwegian, the gamut...if anybody can help me substantiate the claim that my name means protector, I'll buy you a beer or maybe even two. Help Wergund!
 serendipitee
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/16/2005 6:31:07 PM
If the shoe fits, wear it! Serendipitee in a nutshell: good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discoveries; the art of discovering something unexpected while searching for something else entirely; happy chance, blessing, destiny, synchronicity, karma, providence, coincidence, accident, kismet, fate, disclosure, happenstance, opportunity, treasure trove, whatever comes, windfall. Do you feel serendipitous today?
 always_striving
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/17/2005 3:20:11 PM
My name came about from a series of events:

First by grabbing silverware throwing it up into the air and rhyming part of my name to the sounds which spoons and forks make when hitting the wood floor.

The next thing was to listen to the sound of a barking dog and incorporate that somehow into my name.

Went up to a panhandler and asked him to draw one of three names from my baseball cap.

And finally used rejected birth name ideas which my mom was about to give me. (bless her heart).
 finisheslast
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/20/2005 7:43:58 PM
cause isn't that what nice guys do?
 Twilightslove
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:19:27 AM
Twilight was the first word in a poem I wrote a long time ago for my second husband (who had also been my first love). He also lived in trailer park called Twilight when we first met. I was 18 and he was 19 at the time.

The only real importance of it anymore is that it is like an old hat that you just don't want to get rid of..........smiles.

I've had this profile name for a very long time.
 raxarsr
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2009 3:57:23 PM
raxar is the name of an antibiotic that was recalled because it killed a bunch of people.............my son chose it for his screen name on a gun forum we were on......at a shooting meet..........someone took and posted several pics of me.and dubbed me "raxarsr"......i kinda liked it and have used it every since
 RUMISSINGMEYET
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/5/2010 4:06:21 PM
All the standard names were already taken: So I thought back to my early Dating years in High School when I got my first car at 16 (a flawless 1969 shaker mach 1 mustang 428scj)( dont be hate-ing,I had a job and paid for it from my years of saving) Now that I had a car I began to date for the fist time and since I suddenly got popular with the girls in school (had a cool car) I got brave enough to ask out the girl in school everybody wanted to go out with. (she did not know my last name.lol) I told her No thats not my name but I will be who ever you want me to be? lol. The next day at school figured she would go back to ignoring me just like she did all through the earlier years of school. And she came up and hugged me and kissed me and said ARE YOU MISSING ME YET. in front of a major crowd of schoolmates that propelled me into cool kid status at school... Ya sounds like a eppisode of the wonder years w/(Winnie Copper)(Fred Savage) but it thats my story and I am sticking to it..
 Casper66
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 10:03:02 PM
Casper was a nickname I picked up when I was younger because even in summer I was white, couldn't tan at all. A friend took pictures of all of us in the summer at the cottage and I stood out because I was the only one not tanned, was white as a ghost compared to them.
 m14shooter
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 1:32:17 AM
I'm a big time gun collector, mostly military weapons like machine guns and silencers. My name is M14shooter because I own a real real M-14 rifle and I shoot it, and shoot it a lot. Actually I own a lot of M-14's as it is my favorite and I see one I just gotta buy it. Think my next profile name will be minigun man although that could come off wrong and most women don't know what a minigun is.
 RSwindol
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 4:11:14 AM
I chose the name "RSwindol" because my name is Rob Swindol.

The "R" stands for Rob
The "Swindol" stands for "Swindol"

any questions?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 12:05:50 PM

i wanted an origi.nal name, and what could be better than the name given to a ladies pubic wig! i find probably one in ten eople know what it means, i`m in england, the word is known more in the states.

I'm always amazed that people don't know these things... I scooted in to see that the merkin-man had to say about choosing a muff cover for his user name...
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/7/2010 7:46:03 AM

I chose the name "RSwindol" because my name is Rob Swindol.

The "R" stands for Rob
The "Swindol" stands for "Swindol"

any questions?

Yes, is that "R." Swindol as in "Rob" Swindol?

I am called "Gwen."

Easy, eh?
 ChandlerMurielBing
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/11/2010 9:57:22 PM
mine is sort of lame I guess
mine is named after the show Friends personality named Chandler
because he was raised by parents who were screwed up in the head although my guardian were screwed up in many other ways.

And yes I am looking for my Monica kind of women; actually not now but eventually.
She is a goofy and a bit cooky (scared about her past quirks like being a pack rat and once being fat) and very anal about cleaning buts that fine by me since I hate cleaning just as long she likes my exaggerated expressions and dry humor. She is not supermodel body looking but thats fine by me. Then she is the one.
 ea┬«ly
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:40:56 AM
It's just a logical progression (or regression, ...depending on what time it is) from post #3
 DJ48375
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 3:30:38 PM
I really don't know how I came up with it. I tried several other names but they weren't available and this one just seemed to come to mind.
 kari135
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2010 5:37:49 PM
Mine is a variation of my nick from the old newsgroup days on usenet. I don't think I'll give it because I still use it on some forums, but I was the first one, and now if I google it, thousands of versions come up - even, or especially, on Facebook. I know they aren't me - I'm not a 30-something Black woman living in NYC, nor am I a 20-something blond on Vancouver Island.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2010 5:19:12 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it means...

Ostriches
Make
Guillermo
Want
To
Fly

I hope that's it. I like it. It's inspiring.
 Frybreadpower
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/27/2010 12:49:23 PM
This is a neat topic, thanks for posting it!

I worked as a custodian in an office building about 10 years ago, and one of my duties was to gather all the trash from the cubicles around the building and get rid of it. One night I dumped a trash can into the Brute (it's a large trashcan on wheels...), and I caught a glimpse of what looked like a food wrapper that said Path Nine. I never got a good look at the wrapper, but now I think that it was probably a Payday candy bar. Anyway, I wrote Path Nine down on a piece of paper, and stuck it into my pocket. That scrap of paper ended up in pile of other scraps for a while, then about a year later I came across it again, and I liked it a lot. For some reason, I got it into my head to sign my artwork "Path Nine", which I did for about 6 years. Anyway, I've been using it as a screen name for a couple of years, and I have an e-mail address with it. It's also the name of my favorite comic strip that I made a few years ago.

-Daniel
 Frybreadpower
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:38:16 PM
Scurvy, I've googled "Path Nine" before and seen some interesting things. There's some kind of spiritual thingy called Path Nine, which I read about, and was like, "now that's a strange coincidence!!", because it seemed to kind of go along with my philosophy in life. But, I really did get my name from a wrapper that I saw in the trash... LOL! Also, if you google: Path Nine, you'll see my comic of the same name. It was published in Zuda.com's Monthly contest in October '08. Joy!

-Daniel
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Explaining the origin of your profile name....