Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 93
view profile
History
body hairPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
... and if I pushed my luck even further, I might would hear his mighty roar!
 DDay555
Msg: 103
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 12/30/2007 2:07:45 PM
I'm dyin, funny thread! Actually, being Italian, I find that soft fine body hair on a woman a turn-on. Shave what you want, I don't mind trimming but I'm not pre-adolescent so I'll keep my hair, ThankYouVeryMuch... Better yet, give me your trimmer and I'll do it for you...
body hair
Posted: 1/1/2008 1:33:21 PM

"And yes, some women have more hair than men, thicker hair, etc. It's part of a medical condition"

NO IT IS NOT.

I am part Catawba Indian - it is normal for Catawbas to have significant body hair. Same for a lot of women who have dark hair, Italian, etc.

For some women, YES IT IS. PCOS/Stein-Leventhal Syndrome is the name of the disease, and many women on this site suffer from it, from minor symptoms to all the symptoms.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 107
body hair
Posted: 1/1/2008 6:01:50 PM
It should be the person that counts. (And I just love saying this) Better a hairy back than a jackass.
 kindapicky
Msg: 114
body hair
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:18:10 PM
Why not just shave each other..
 pet_tech
Msg: 115
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 1/2/2008 2:22:22 PM
First off women are not expected to shave all their hair off.. you women started doing it and set the standard for you and other women to live up to.. men never demanded at the end of a gun for you women to do it... suck it up.

Most men from france don't mind hairy armpits or legs on women.

It's based on culture.

You know what makes me laugh.. is when I had the misfortune of watching that crappy reality show "Survivor" you know how I KNEW it was fake?

All the women had shaved armpits and legs.

FAAAAAAAKE!

Men that get waxed make my inner caveman smash and kill sabre-kittens.

Please.. men.. think of the sabre-kittens!
 DDay555
Msg: 120
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:40:55 AM
I've been with women that really didn't have much hair at all to the opposite extreme. You don't want to shave your legs for the winter? OK... An occational trim of the love nest would be appreciated to reduce unwanted floss though.

Pesonal preference.

HR, downward strip = Trail to love?
body hair
Posted: 1/5/2008 9:32:58 AM

Can you make a diagnosis over the internet? Are you a physician? I thought doctors were more intelligent than this. Trust me, most of the time, it is an enthicity issue, not a disease.

Just because we are not all blue eyed, blonde with little body hair - does not mean we are ill.

It gets old to hear some people make all issues female related a disease instead of just letting us be humans. A somewhat hairy female human. I AM NOT SICK because of have hair !

You must have a big neck ache from carrying around that chip on your shoulder all the time.

I don't have to "diagnose" anyone. Many women on this forum admitted to having PCOS in many posts. That's how I know they have it.

No one says you are sick. Sheesh. It's a medical condition affecting upwards of 20% of women. Having a medical condition does not make one 'sick.'
body hair
Posted: 1/5/2008 9:36:41 AM

Is also known as Stein-Leventhal Syndrome or Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD).
Affects an estimated 6-10% of all women and most don't even know they have it.

WOW - you can, online, without even meeting a woman, diagnose the 6-10% of the female population with this syndrome. You are smart. VERY SMART

Wow, your attitude astounds me.

Read my lips: WOMEN ON THIS SITE HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUMS THAT THEY HAVE PCOS. I didn't diagnose them.

Perhaps you should not ASSUME as you make an ASS out of yourself, as evidenced by your nasty posts.
 chickalina
Msg: 125
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 1/5/2008 4:28:17 PM
I like body hair but only if it is on top of the head - ACK to rest of the body
 riggsy21
Msg: 127
body hair
Posted: 1/5/2008 5:39:22 PM
Being one of the males with body hair (arms, chest, legs, abs- I remove the hair from my back and shoulders), I was open to many insults when younger. I didn't look like the "typical" guy in college when in basketball practice. Shirts vs Skins? More like Shirts vs Bigfoot! I understand women not wanting back hair or the hair growing from the shoulders. But I have never shaved my chest, because I feel how a womans legs and underarms become if she has elected not to grab the razor for a week. My face feels the same way. And I do not think that any woman would like to snuggle up close to me if my chest felt like a damn SOS pad. (And don't even suggest waxing the chest. I lost a bet in high school and waxed a nipple. I am to much of a wimp to be a woman!)
 DDay555
Msg: 129
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 1/6/2008 9:42:10 AM
I've had a patch of leg hair waxed by the X so she could demonstrate what she was going through. OMFG! HolyCrapThatHurtShit!

It's official, women win...
I bow to the masters of body hair removal...
 jojoaus
Msg: 141
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 2/12/2008 12:42:11 AM
Lol..am experiencing my first hairy butt... loving it too! He is just naturally hairy... except he shaves his head. Hmmm... In all honesty, my only problem with so much hair is I cant kiss his chest/nipples very effectively... hairballs make me hack
 Matthew_s1
Msg: 142
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 2/12/2008 1:08:40 AM
interesting post..i think sometimes a little xtra hair on a woman is sexy..depending on the woamn..personally i shave my head, the under arms every now and then (feels less restricting, saves on speed stick) and if i am feeling up to it...give the kids a trim
 Champtwentyone
Msg: 145
body hair
Posted: 3/19/2008 12:14:40 AM
What about this....what about guys that CAN'T shave their body hair. Women's hair is naturally thinner and not as thick as guys hair. I guarantee you I spend more time shaving my face than you women do on your legs, armpits, etc. Now, most guys don't have to spend that amount of time shaving as I do because I'm REALLY hairy.

But what gets me pissed off is how girls are just like..well just shave it. Come on, it's not that easy. Don't you think we've thought of that? If I shave my chest. I can't shave again for at least a week....and women get pissed if you have stubble all over and if they want me to shave everyday well thats impossible because I'll look like a huge zit.

Then women say oh just wax it. Yeah, I've tried. Huge zits all over hell. I've even done it professionally. Waxing is the biggest waste of money known to man. And guys that say it hurts...yeah right. Waxing is a walk in the park compared to getting laser and electrolysis. Try that. I was blessed by sweet jesus to have a cloak of body hair all over my upper arms, upper shoulders, and part of my upper back. I have had 25 laser treatments with the top of the notch laser. While I saw 75% reduction to my chest and stomach hair, I incurred laser induced upper arm and shoulder hair. Now I've spent $11,000 in the last 14 months removing it with electrolysis the slow way and I'm probably not even halfway there.

So put that in your pipe in smoke it. I'm pretty much hopeless for any sort of relationship in the mean time. For god sakes I can't even shave my face over twice a week. Girls **** at that constantly.

Guys are hairy. They have thick hair. Girls have slighter hair that is much easier to remove. It is just sad that this society has come to a point where it is frowned upon to have any body hair at all on a man. To be honest, body hair on a woman doesn't necessarily appeal to me. But even if a girl say had a hairy stomach, arms, upper arms, or even back as long as it was cut short I wouldn't care if she had stubble as long as she was attractive and we got along.

But women are a whole different story.

There is my insecurity in a nutshell.
 willow6
Msg: 146
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:59:21 PM
I actually like hairy men!I don't mind if they don't have much but they need to have abit at least-I don't like full- on beards or mustaches but I don't mind stubble,I like hairy chests and arms too!
body hair
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:54:31 PM
The hairier the better. Hairy EVERYWHERE. Sasquatch isn't hairy enough for me.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 154
body hair
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:17:58 PM
I have to agree with femgirl here...using the word "fag" is a bit harsh. I have 3 close friends who are gay, and have more hair and muscle on them than any straight man I have EVER seen, so someone's sexual preference should not have anything to do with hair on a man's body or not. I personally am attracted to the tall, hairy muscualr type myself, but if a man chooses to shave it off, that is his business. Just simply ask women if you must why they would go for that type? If a man has a nice body and takes care of himself mentally as well, that works for me. Hair or not, who gives.
 DreamDancer44
Msg: 156
body hair
Posted: 7/19/2008 1:33:25 PM
I agree with femgirl and Auburndiva.
With that attitude and amount of stereotyping and labeling you'll have a hard time finding any decent female.

I completely disagree with what a previous post said about males shaving their faces more then we shave our whole bodies. Are some of you seriously THAT uneducated? It's starting to get frightening. Some women can go with shaving every other week just as some men can barely grow a whisker. Some of us women find ourselves shaving nearly every single day. Yes, every day and that is legs, bikini lines, underarms and for some women waxing their faces.

The only hair I can tolerate on a man is some on his chest/stomach. A little in the unmentionable area but trimmed. That's it. I'm glad some women are going for this look. Those of you who are too lazy to take care of yourselves will just have to deal. Not only will you have to deal with that fact but hopefully any female who would go out with someone who stereotypes and name calls doesn't shave herself. Maybe that will make you change your double standard tune.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 160
body hair
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:13:21 PM
Once again, it boils down to personal preference. Who knows, maybe a man feels better "shaved"...I know for myself as a woman, I go and get it ALL waxed off and that is just my preference. I am sure there are some men out there that don't care for a woman doing that either. When it boils down to it, really it is going to be about personality and connection. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  >