Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > body hair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CaribbeanJoy
Msg: 76
view profile
History
body hairPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Everyone has their own tastes. It's not an "all woman" thing. For every woman that I have meet that will just not touch a man with body hair, I have met one that would never touch a hairless man. I do guess you do say this because you have had bad luck in pursuing ladies that just dont like body hair. This is no reason to go calling men that shave "metrosexual fag dolphins". It would be as silly as calling all hairy men "neardental ape rugs".

In the end, you cant please everyone all the time. I'd suggest you just try to please yourself. I shave my body, not for anyone. I do it for myself. I feel fresher when I shave, and I find it easier to keep my body clean while shaved. Not to mention women don't go coughing hairs when I'm shaved, nor do I kiss them to have my own hair passed on to me... eewwwk....

Ironic is that i read some ladies say that they like men without hair in their privates but hair in their legs, arms and chest. I find that looks very strange and out of balance, I would, if anything, trim my privates and shave everything else.

Anyways, if you don't want to shave, don't. There are women out there that love very hairy men. My mother is one... unfortunately, I suffer the consequences... :P
 interorl7
Msg: 77
body hair
Posted: 10/5/2007 4:03:09 AM
[Yea many take this to extremes, I still remember the guy who I saw, shirtless washing his car with a full body of 2-day growth, looked like a friggin porcupine.

Talk about a woman not wanting to get next to the pin cushin. The women I know would prefer 'soft' hair to an 'abrasive scouring pad'

Yes, watch what you wish for.

Ladies, I love your hair...
 Asian Invasion
Msg: 78
body hair
Posted: 11/25/2007 1:52:11 PM
I do prefer fully-evolved human-being, chest hairs are absoutely fine, that's pretty much about it!

This is 21st century. Grooming is a norm and etiqutte... It is a big turn off to see some men use their faces as an art exhibition!!!
 MsFart
Msg: 79
body hair
Posted: 11/25/2007 2:59:16 PM
Well I wouldnt want my boyfriend to shave all his body hair. I mean, shaving his legs and ass?? lol come on
 Asian Invasion
Msg: 80
body hair
Posted: 11/25/2007 4:10:02 PM

shaving his legs and ass??

Well, not the legs, but at least, the ass! I like blueberries the natural way, not on his butt!!!
 1SweetSarah
Msg: 81
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 11/25/2007 4:45:50 PM
I'm not a fan of back hair, but leg/chest hair is alright :) Also, I don't care if a guy doesn't shave his package, but it's nice when they are courteous enough to at least trim...that is if they expect my mouth to be anywhere near it. I have no desire to hack up a hairball after the fact :P Actually, if the boys down below are trimmed nice and short or shaved, they'll get some licking action as well. If they're completely hairy, forget it.
Oh and I practice what I preach...I'm smooth as silk.
 GrayBoston
Msg: 82
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:04:58 AM
I am in the middle with respect to the amount of body hair that I have. But once I knew a woman who hated to touch my back because there is some hair there. For some reason she found it very repulsive, and it was very disconcerting to see a flicker of disgust flash over the face of your partner while making love.

Other threads have addressed this issue, but I am fine with women who have body hair. The uniqueness is intriguing.

-Gray
 snaketigereyes
Msg: 83
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:21:10 AM

no i'm not. besides, i do enough shaving of my face,neck and scalp. and theoretically, if i did dip myself in hair remover, it would grow back thicker and darker, then eventually i'd have to do it every day. and i'm not that vain so i refuse to spend that much time in the bathroom.

sorry but im going to have to correct you.
there are NO scientific facts that being waxed or using hair remover will make it grow back thicker.
people usually think shaving also makes it grow back thicker - reasoning?- when shave you are cutting the hair in a blunt fashion meaning when it grows it LOOKS thicker but actually doesnt grow thicker.
and using wax can retard the hair follicle...having the hair either grow back thinner or not grow back at all..so it would actually be the reverse..
anyways unless your the next wolf man..
i like a guy with some hair.
....on the chest etc..and i find waxing men horribly disgusting..after doing PLENTY of special areas on men..i could tell you a handful of horror stories..
so thinking that some poor woman..*me?* would have to go through waxing these guys..
i think men should keep hair in most parts..
 Icene
Msg: 84
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:27:53 AM
I grew up with a Native American father, so body hair on a guy freaks me out. My dad can't even grow a beard and doesn't have chest hair.

Excessive body hair isn't a deal breaker for me, but I do appreciate it when a guy keeps himself neat and trimmed. As far as what I personally prefer the less hair the better. I like to lick skin, not hack up hair balls. A little hair on the legs is nice, but anywhere else is just annoying to me.
 lela_haha
Msg: 85
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:49:03 AM
Some women like hair on the body some women don't. But men should make an effort to shave often because women do for the most part. Whats wrong with smooth men?? I find a guy who's hairless is more sexy than body hair. Body hair to me is gross for the most part. Now men don't need to shave there legs or hair of just chest hair, back hair, and at least trim the pubes..lol. After all us women do a lot of shaving. About time you men started doing the same..hehe
 vladtepes97
Msg: 86
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 12:34:31 PM
i can see an opportunity for 'couple time' taking turns with the razor: "you do me first."
 Asian Invasion
Msg: 87
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 2:36:33 PM

i can see an opportunity for 'couple time' taking turns with the razor: "you do me first."

I (as a female) must insist, after you...lol
 greeneyedokiegirl
Msg: 88
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 2:47:09 PM
I DO NOT like a guy that shaves everything... as a matter of fact I don't like a guy that shaves ANYTHING! A lil trimming down south is cool... but I prefer my man to have a lil hair... that way I feel like I'm not molesting a 12 yr old boy! LOL JMO :) I love a manly man!!!
 kaagwaantaan
Msg: 89
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 5:41:24 PM
running fingers thru curly locks on your head is one thing.

Trying to run the palm of your hand over a hairy back is quite another...

NO BODY appreciates hair stuck between the teeth from trying to nibble on a chest, neck, back or butt.

and while we are on the subject. Brows that stick out 1.5 inches from your forehead isn't pleasant. Nor is the birds nest growing in your ear. And nose hairs are just gross.

I'm surprised you'd ask this question. EVERYONE knows that men are visual creatures. You are all about the 'pretty, well built'....yada yada yada.

If you can be turned off by a woman's weight....I'm thinking we can be turned off by excess body hair.
 homer j simpson
Msg: 90
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 8:47:51 PM

My dad can't even grow a beard and doesn't have chest hair.

Your dad and I share the same affliction or luck depending on how you look at it. I can probably count the number of hairs on my chest (it's more than 10 if you are wondering) and I can't grow a beard for the life of me. I actually thought about using Rogaine to grow a beard at one time in my life ... LOL. If I shave what ever facial hair I have and wear a truckers hat, I can easily pass off for a high school kid which is why I still get carded at bars from time to time. I've also met more girls than I can count who have more arm hair than I have. Luckily I have hair on my leg though. My brother actually has a hairless leg. Apparently this isn't that uncommon among Asians.
 talista
Msg: 91
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 10:05:04 PM
oh hail the fuzzy butt thread!!!

I don't care what a guy does with his body hair. Actually I prefer that he doesn't get too involved in a shaving ritual because stubble chafes against my skin. Also I think it is indicates that he may be a bit more vain than me. I am not too particular about shaving/waxing myself bald...but then I'm Asian so I am practically there anyways.

When I date a guy that spends a lot of time waxing or shaving his body I feel a bit weird in contrast. In general I don't find men who are on the extreme metrosexual end of the spectrum to be appealing as they usually spend a lot of time primping for selfish reasons, trying to get attention/attract another's attention.

Rarely are they doing it for their significant other once in a relationship.
 stumpy1970
Msg: 92
body hair
Posted: 11/26/2007 10:48:37 PM
chest hair and stomach hair is okay, so far as I have been told.

A tiny tuft on your lower back..........meh,

the twigs and berries, well either shaved or trimmed and definitely clean.

Upper back hair ......is yuck, so I hear. If you got back hair gett'r waxed shaved or whatever just gett'r done.
 kaagwaantaan
Msg: 93
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 9:59:04 AM

the twigs and berries,
?????

Mwahaahahahahaha
 sassysue71
Msg: 94
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:10:05 AM
Well this is interesting, I have never wanted to ask a guy to shave his hair! What kind of girls you hanging out with itsmeaaron? J/k some women like it but not by any means ALL women that is silly to assume! I know a lot of athletes who shave their bodies and it does not mean they are metrosexual!! You are full of generalizations!!!
 merlotman41
Msg: 95
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 1:09:43 PM
Holy cow......I can't help what testosterone does to one's body......I might have a few sparse hairs growing on my shoulder blades, a little bit around my lower back and buttocks, some chest hair and some tummy hair and my legs are hairy....Iam sorry, iam not going to shave those body parts, if she can't accept what nature or our DNA structure does to our bodies....well they aren't the kind of woman i won't to be involved with
 bmixxin
Msg: 96
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 1:21:35 PM
I have no hair on my body I cant stand it I think its nasty just under my arms and on my head. If I ever was with a female and she wasnt fully shaved I would pull my pants up and run like a dog.
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 3:31:21 PM

If I ever was with a female and she wasnt fully shaved I would pull my pants up and run like a dog.

And you wonder why you're single??
 vladtepes97
Msg: 98
view profile
History
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 7:01:32 PM
one of my older brothers worked in a steel factory for 14 years. the heat in there is such that they had to wear long johns all year round. long johns every day for 14 years! my sisters are all jealous of how silky smooth his legs are because of that.
 frogger21
Msg: 99
body hair
Posted: 11/27/2007 7:11:10 PM
I think that men are suppost to have hair. I think that they just need to properly groom the hair they do have.
 Who.Me
Msg: 100
body hair
Posted: 11/30/2007 5:03:00 PM
I want a man to be a man....

I want hair on the head, face, chest, legs, underarms, and other places where it belongs. I don't want to feel like I'm with a little boy...and I certainly don't want to feel stubble. It's bad enough I have to shave....

Although a hairy back...UMMMM - NO!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > body hair