Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sean70
Msg: 102
why do men only care about sex???Page 2 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Here is the thing girls! Men really only want sex from women that they arent really all that attracted to. The dont want anything more because they might be embarressed out in public with the girl. The men that are willing to wait for sex and do things with you are the ones that are truly attracted to you and want to be seen doing thins with you. Now of course a man will have sex with a very attractive woman but he may not want anymore from her if she puts out so quickly. Noboby likes to put the truth out there because the truth might hurt someones feelings. And of course there is some men out there that all they want is sex. Period. Nothing more because they have come to understand that most women in todays society are way to independant and wont give a man what he needs. Not sexually, but otherwise. For every failed relationship you have you must look at yourself for the reasons that it failed. not put the blame on the other person. I dont remember who mentioned it in his post but he hit the nail on the head when he said that Men are from mars and women are from venus. Thats the truth and its both sexes job to try to understand more about the other sex. If you want something meaningful then act like you want that .... not by dressing like a whore or flirting with men all the time. Thats not what a "good man" wants to see all the time. They want to see the woman as much more reserved then that. Someone they can take home to meet the parents. Not someone they take to a gangbang or whatever. And the majoirty of women out there I wouldnt even consider taking home to meet my mom and dad. Enough said!!!!
 phine_likker
Msg: 107
why do men only care about sex???
Posted: 5/5/2007 11:22:29 AM
OH GOD, this "men vs. women" thing again..

Simplistically categorize "all women want love" ; "all men want is sex" .

I thought sterotypes were dying out ..well, you can't stereotype by race, creed, seual orientation, etc. but it appears that "gender" sterotyping is alive & well!

As if there are not plenty of men that want love; and plenty of horny women that just want lots of sex..
 Cyrus982
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 11:39:49 AM
I didn't read all the posts, but I highly doubt anyone's posted a truthful answer to your question. To put it simply, the reason most men just want sex from women is that most women are only good for having sex with. (cue everyone freakin' out over this comment!)

All the guys that came in here to say things like, "I don't want sex, I wanna make love.", or "I don't even care about sex.", or any other garabge like that are either lying (so you'll like them) or competely naive. I used to be like that when I was younger, I wantd to get married and love just one woman for the rest of my life... but the older I got, the more I realized women are a boring, crazy lot.

I still have to have sex though, I mean, I'm programmed to want it. I'm not programmed to be interested in your boring life, or your few but utterly boring hobbies. (The hobbies thing is a big hang up for me... most women I meet don't have any at all...) I'm not programmed to like putting up with your issues, or to enjoy hearing about your dumb exs. So in the end, all I can get from you that's of any interest to me is sex.

I still have the hope that someday I'll meet an interesting girl who's enjoyable to be around and isn't a total basket case. That'll be the one I want to do things with other than sex... I'm not holding my breath though.

That's the truth, though no one will admit it, and they'll be too busy going nuts over this post to even consider it...
 SweetItalian174
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:13:05 PM
Well, its not all we care about, but why can't women understand that it is a big need for men. Its kind of like going to the bathroom. Its something that needs to be taken care of, and if its not, we become kind of restless. I know this hard to understand for women, because most of you never had a penis. Its not as easy for men to control there desire. Its like an itch that needs to be scratched. Ladies, if you had an itch that was driving you crazy, you would scratch it, right? I agree, there has to be much more to a relationship than just sex, but if you ladies want a relationship to survive then you have to put out sometimes.
 phine_likker
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:26:09 PM
^^

Most women are just smarter, they want it (sex) but pretend they don't.

Simple economics, women offering sex then becomes a "rarer" commodity, worth more..

they can demand more for it, be taken out and have plenty of $$ spent on them, even though secretly they are aching for it..

they know eventually they will get it..LOL
 brock9920
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/5/2007 1:38:46 PM
That is not what all men want, usually just the ones with the model good looks and money to get that. But the same kind of question could be asked of women.. "Why do women only care about how much money a man has?" Some of the ugliest men I have ever seen have the most gorgeous women in their bed because they also happen to be wealthy. Women claim they are strong and independent, but then say they only want a man who can support them and give them a good financial life, whereas if they were the women they claim to be, they could do that themselves. Almost every woman I have ever met share the same first questions out of their mouth on a first conversation: "How much money do you make? What kind of car do you drive? Do you own your own house? What do you do for a living? (And this one is to assess again how much money you make.) Never asking first about the man himself, the person he is. If men are going to be all categorized into one group, like all just wanting sex, then all women can be categorized into the group of shallow/materialistic/gold-digging. Not good to generalize all men or women into one group.

I, myself, love sex, but not unless the women I am with is worthy of that gift from me. I have gone up to 7 years without sex before, and that was through my mid-20's to early 30's, because I had not found someone I considered worth giving that part of me to.
 knightvoyage
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/5/2007 4:56:13 PM
It depends on the guy, but you also need to consider all the other things they care about as well. One way to ensure the men around you don't bother you for sex is to find ways to be unattractive to them. Stop brushing your teeth, put on a few hundred pounds, dye your hair green, don't shave your legs, wear a gunneysack that hides all your features except your largeness, don't put on makeup, and store roadkill in your armpits for starters.

Get the picture? The reason men want to be with you is because you turn them on. There are many women who wish they had the assets to compel such attraction because that can be the source of great power. And don't worry, as you get older things will automatically happen to you that cause men to desire you less. So either begin to love yourself for your curent attractiveness, ugly up, or just wait and nature will do it for you.

I might also add that in the male mind, caring and sexual intimacy are closely connected. Men instinctively want to get in there because it is the only place they feel secure and--well--manly. They also like to think they are sharing a wonderful gift of ecstasy with you (though it may not turn out that way from your perspective).

Men feel closest to a woman when insider her, but younger men have a greater need to do the deed, while older men like a stronger mental connection before planting the seed.
 Delorean147
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/5/2007 6:40:30 PM
Mans evolutionary mandate is to procreate.
 Luv2Dance2
Msg: 161
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:16:24 PM
Just remember; women like to drive a car before they buy it also. It's a two way street.
 mitch97
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2007 8:43:18 PM
OP...that's BS to say that's all men care about. I'm 27 and the last girl I dated pretty much used ME for sex lol! I was looking for something more meaningful and she wasn't. That's just the way life is. Some people want one thing and some people want another. You have to communicate.
 phine_likker
Msg: 172
why do women only care about Money???
Posted: 5/14/2007 4:46:55 PM
Since we are into stereotype land, why do women only care about money/bank account size, purchasing pwere of their potential mates?

I get soo tired of being looked on as a money object (walking wallet!) :(
 SweetItalian174
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 5:35:26 PM
SEX IS NATURAL! SEX IS FUN! NOT EVERYBODY DOES IT, BUT EVERYBODY SHOULD! I think George Michael summed it up pretty well. Don't you?
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/1/2007 11:53:19 PM
No wonder most men are confused with cr** like this, i have two sisters and have been around women enough to know they are highly sexed, but they dont like to admit it.

If women admit they are highly sexual, they are viewed as sluts! oh lord forbid!
and as for the cheating part.. YES women do cheat... but men do too
Everyone cheats and yet SOME don't cheat..

and believe it or not, some of those non-cheating women are highly sexual

personally, i think women who complain about men only wanting sex are either uncomfortable with their own sexuality or have confusions about understanding men therefore picking the wrong type men for themselves
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/2/2007 12:25:29 AM
Ok, now my head hurts.

^^lol, i just meant that women go on and on about how men are cheating **stards yet the men counteract that women do it too so it seems that everyone cheats

but in reality,for each one that cheats.. there's bound to be one that doesn't

I just wished everyone would stop pointing fingers to complain and try a little understanding
 scorpiomover
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2007 12:59:00 PM
They aren't men, they are children.
The same children who used to pull your hair when you were 8. Only now they do it with sex. The have no self-control, and are not adults yet.

Date mature men. If you want to date young guys, there are a few who are mature, but not very many, and they tend to be the "nice guys", not the "bad boys".

The best way to weed out the garbage:
1) Kiss on the first date.
2) NEVER have sex till the 5th date.

No-one who thinks with their genitals can stand this. If they kiss, they feel the need to have sex. Only a real adult can kiss and not have sex for more than 2 dates in a row.

FIND REAL LOVE!
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/3/2007 3:59:04 PM
so the key to finding real love is giving them blue balls?

nice!

scorpiomover
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2007 3:25:39 AM

so the key to finding real love is giving them blue balls?
If you can give a man blue balls from kissing them, imagine what you could do to them if you actually had sex with them? They would never be able to leave the bed!

Men can get a hard-on just by THINKING ABOUT SEX!

1) Check out the OP on "Crazy for her but no sex...should I dump her?" in Relationships. He wants to marry a woman who's keeping him waiting.
2) I found a thread a week ago, asking guys if they would wait for sex for a relationship, and ALL the guys said YES!

So...if you are giving him blue balls just from kissing, it's because he hasn't heard a word you said and he's ONLY THINKING ABOUT getting into your knickers. And you think he wants a relationship with you?
 Wanda49
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/4/2007 4:25:05 AM
They aren't men, they are children.
The same children who used to pull your hair when you were 8. Only now they do it with sex. The have no self-control, and are not adults yet.

Date mature men. If you want to date young guys, there are a few who are mature, but not very many, and they tend to be the "nice guys", not the "bad boys".

The best way to weed out the garbage:
1) Kiss on the first date.
2) NEVER have sex till the 5th date.

No-one who thinks with their genitals can stand this. If they kiss, they feel the need to have sex. Only a real adult can kiss and not have sex for more than 2 dates in a row.

FIND REAL LOVE!

THAT IS THE BEST THING I HAVE READ IN HERE YET!!! and to hear it from a guy - WOW!!! I am VERY encouraged ......there may be some hope after a...... It is very difficult to find a mature man. Most guys have NO self control WHAT-SO-EVER.. They are like little kids in a candy store never getting enough so they have to steel or lie to get as much as he can.

Those two ways to weed out the garbage.... you definately don't need to do anything else. If a guy doesn't get sex on the first date, you can bet your life they will disappear. It is totally impossible to find a guy who will be willing to go on 5 dates without sex. You won't even get 3. The guys in this country never grow up.
 phine_likker
Msg: 200
why do women pretend they don't care about sex???
Posted: 6/4/2007 12:04:32 PM
this is so hilarious, women like to complan about this, gives them something to sound 'superior' about.

In truth I hear more women complaining about their men not wanting sex enough than the reverse.

maybe happens to those over 25 more?

"he won't give it to me", "he won't put out" , etc.. LOL
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 208
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:21:09 AM
I used to think there was more to women that maybe they might be decent people worth more than just sex untill I learned in my life that I am just the guy they use till someone they have liked more comes available to them.

Now I am only using women for sex its not worth it to open up then have them leave for the person they really wanted but did not think they could get.
 * Succinct *
Msg: 210
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:58:19 AM
if this is not a self pity thread, I don't know what is....I simply cannot feel any sympathy for someone who presents such a pathetic image and rants against all men, were you forced against your will to do something?, are you attracted to bad boys? I say go down to your local radio shack or best buy...you'll find a guy there who will cherish and respect you.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2007 11:41:17 AM
MeloFelo is spot on... at least with this woman, so I'm happy his words had some resonance for you.

Its getting her to at first respond to my mail...then get to actually meet her.....then to get her trust and confidence......then when its mutualy right to sleep with her.

Hmm... the fine art of conversation can save the day. Think of it as getting to know someone just out of nothing more than curiosity. Think of it as flirting, or even, if this works for you, think of it as verbal foreplay.
Respond to your mail? Have you picked up something noteworthy in her profile? Have you asked a question? Have you given something to reply to? Start small and fan the flames of interest... start with knowing the person. The give and take of conversation isn't a trick... it is mostly just asking good questions and listening to the response.

A good salesperson doesn't talk someone into something... they listen them into it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >