Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ok question ? I know this is silly for a guy my age to ask...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wambat
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Ok question ? I know this is silly for a guy my age to ask...Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have, on one occasion, felt a powerful attraction to someone just by the sight of them. I remember quite distinctly:

I was walking down the hall at my work, towards the time-clock to punch in, when my eyes landed upon this woman walking the opposite direction down the hall. My eyes, and, as she past, my head and body involuntarily turned to follow her as she past me in the hall. This was not a decision on my part, not consciously reasoned position, I was draw by a force beyond my control to get to know this person, and, if at all possible, pursue a relationship with her.

She, unfortunately, felt none of this toward me, and it was determined very shortly that there was no future for us. I will always remember that strange, uncontrollable compulsion.

"Love", in the phrase "love at first sight", is a misnomer. I have been rejected by people I actually love, and I have been rejected, of course, by this woman for whom I felt "love at first sight", and just by the emotional effect these separate rejections have had on me I know the two are categorically different. "Love at first sight" does not mean that you love the person from the first moment you see them, but it does mean that something inside you, but out of your control, dictates that you must explore the possibility of love with this person.
 Sundown32
Msg: 39
Ok question ? I know this is silly for a guy my age to ask...
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:30:51 PM
normaly I woulden't eather but this one. well Its different ;)
 Sundown32
Msg: 40
Ok question ? I know this is silly for a guy my age to ask...
Posted: 4/23/2005 8:44:46 PM
Its different thats for sure, I realy dident believe in it, till it just happened ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ok question ? I know this is silly for a guy my age to ask...