Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > would you pay money to be on this site      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 D3nis3
Msg: 51
would you pay money to be on this sitePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Depends on the price I would guess, if it was ULTRA DIRT CHEAP, well then maybe. Normally, never would I for any dating site.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 52
view profile
History
would you pay money to be on this site
Posted: 4/9/2007 5:54:51 AM
What better way is there to get to know a person than by reading their posts.

In my opinion, photos don't tell the tale at all. It's our words that attract others. We are all beautiful in one way or another.. outwardly, inwardly or both...but what better way does one get to know the soul of another but to read their personal thoughts and opinions. So many times I have viewed a photo of someone...finding out that my first impression of that person was wrong, just by reading what they had to say in the forums. Very good and different idea on Markus's part. This separates POF from the rest.

Would I pay money to be on this site??...most definitely! I have met some wonderful, talented people on here with personality, depth, with beauty within, as well as out. A photo doesn't give you that depth.

A "face" could be seen... but heart, soul and thoughts of another is felt.
 58froggy
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:02:10 PM
I've been on pay sites. The only activety was from people out of my mileage range. And then, only wanted to chat. Try to set up a meeting and they dissappear. Pay sites are there for the money only. Now, how this site stays alive without income, dunno. Maybe being covered by a profile company. Hmmm.
d
 Central Man
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:08:20 PM
I would never pay. This is my first expirience with an online dating service. Everything seems to work a little slower in here, then out there in real life.
 nice2cu
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/4/2007 6:47:25 PM
Not a chance!
I like the forums and all, but there's just no way I'd pay to be a member.
 Tigger59
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/6/2007 1:26:00 PM
Maybe upon my first visit to the site because I do enjoy the forums; but because of the total lack of results here I probably wouldn't be returning once my membership expired.
 mj824
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 7:34:50 PM
Sorry but no way. There are things on this site that wouldn't be allowed on other dating sites and righfully so. Such as people looking for intimate encounters and profiles that are so nasty they shouldn't be allowed on here. For example, a guy on here saying he hates women and is starting up a "Woman Hater's Club." Would I pay for that kind of crap? Absolutely NOT!
 sorrry
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:25:21 PM
I would not pay a penny, a yen, or any other currency to be on this site.
Yes, you get what you pay for which barring a few really nice ladies I have met on this site is basically crap.

I am so loving the pics from 10 years ago and 50 pounds lighter..
Whe I meet them I want to die, or I am thinking they just might..
The ones that say they are in their mid 30's but they are really in their later 40's...
I am so not ready to date a lady who is a few years away from carrying an AARP card.

Hey, not to put the over 45 ladies down but just be honest about it. There is no way you are pushing fify and looking like you are my age.
I have a mother. If I wanted someone to cook and clean for me I would move back home.

~L
 sorrry
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:31:28 PM
I am sorry about the spelling errors in my above post, my mind moves faster then my hands sometimes and I can not edit the post to correct.

Ahhh, Yes my mind always moves faster then my hands, that is why I am an exception to the rule where most men are concerned. I did not say all men so my brothers pipe down and do not start the hatin' I hate to bicker.
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:30:57 AM

Do the pay sites have as many people posting multiple profiles? I suspect not, so I guess that would be one benefit and quite possibly the reason that this one seems to have more members - or in fact not necessarily more members - just more profiles....

People on pay dating sites have multiple profiles. On most of those sites it's free to post a profile (or several), but if you want to contact or be contacted, then they want money! And I would guesstimate that most members on pay dating sites aren't paying members at all!
 blew iis
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:39:25 AM
to message 57,mj824...
you say you dont like people that are just nasty looking for intimate encounters and one guy saying he hates women...blah,blah,blah....think about it,wouldn't you rather see that on someone's profile than some bullsh1t profile that claims they are nice and say everything you want to hear...wouldn't that suck if you got sucked in to someone's profile that you thought was genuine just to find out that they have started up a women haters club.
what people write in their profile can give you somewhat of a heads up,if its something nasty then all the better,that person just made it easier to decide.i'm glad this site allows this sort of thing as you call it.theres a lot of nasty people in real life also,they just don't have profiles slapped to their backs.lol

op- no i wouldn't pay to be on here
 badbadgirl
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:14:57 AM
No way!!! I would never pay to be part of a site.
 Pronide
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:19:43 AM
Maybe....but he did say you'll never have to pay a penny so hopefully that wont change
 mj824
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:21:51 AM
Okay boys, settle down. You know who you are (blew iis and Sorrry). Number one, a guy who hates women, Why is he even bothering to be on a dating site at all? It is a DATING SITE ! If you want to bash women then don't go on a site where people are sincerely looking to meet other people, take it elsewhere. And as for the over 45 comment and woman not using real pictures, sorry not always true. I'm 50 , proud of it, don't claim to look 30 but my pictures are current and real and I feel I don't look too bad for my age. Is over 45 the kiss of death? Sorry boys, just had to get those things off my chest.
 blew iis
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:20:47 PM
i totally agree with you on why the hell are these guys on this dating site,all i was saying is i'm glad and so should other people that these people show their true colors,to me that just weeds out at least some of the bullsh1t people that are on this site.

also if they are not aloud to be a certain way in their own profile then that person is just going to feed whatever bullsh1t you want to hear.

there is most likely more bullsh1t on profiles than real and the tricky part is deciphering the real from the bullsh1t and by someone ranting on in their profile about how much they hate someone just makes the process that much easier.
to go on a paid dating site to get fed a bunch of bullshit because your not aloud to do this or that in your profile actually is quite funny, this is my opinion.

so take it for what it is,if you don't like what i have to say just remember a lot of people will agree with you and some might just happen to agree with what i have to say also but either way,have a good day.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:43:35 PM
I agree with an earlier poster. The fact this site is free opens up the door for many even those that might not be able to afford pay sites. There are many date sights that are pay and they offer a free search and I think there were like 3 women in Florida lmao. Also POF does a great job of deleting thread posts with ads on them which might not be as managable if this was a pay site.
 mj824
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 3:51:05 PM
Sorry blew. I wrote this from work and at my job they block out the pictures so you can't see the people on it. They're jerks but it doesn't stop me from writing in the Forums. Just assumed you were a guy because I couldn't see you. I do get where you're comming from. Point taken. By the way, now that I'm home and can see you, a guy would be lucky to be with you.
 sorrry
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/7/2007 4:45:40 PM
To the lady above me, I am sorry that I offended you.
I do have a photo, I just don't post it. Send me an email, I will be happy to show you.

I simply meant and thought I said it quite clear (I guess I didn't and came off like a jerk)that if you are a certain age please don't lie about it. It is not like we are going to meet in person and I am not going to know you are not 30 as you claim but infact closer to 50.

I think that is a common complaint with online dating, people who misrepresent themselves, whether it be marital status, age, weight, profession..
I just used age as an example.
Again, I am sorry that you you were offended and you are quite a lovely women.

Have a nice evening.
~L
 mj824
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:50:04 PM
Thanks Sorrry (L). I quess sometimes things on here can get kind of heated. No offense taken. I truly appreciate everything you just said. You do seem like a true gentleman. My wishes for you to have a nice evening as well.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > would you pay money to be on this site