Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > You can now report a persons main picture if it doesn't meet guidelin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LaidBackAdrenalinAddict
Msg: 382
You can now report a persons main picture if it doesn't meet guidelinesPage 35 of 38    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38)
It makes sense to be able to report some profiles, but it's too strict.

Pic of me snowboarding is my best side and is best way to show what kind of person I am. The girls I'm after are way more responsive to that than some boring head shot. And having it as main image is the only time I get eproached by serious hotties.

There is nothing fake in my profile and I'm not just goofing around.

If it doesn't, it should take atleast 10 reports before anything happens and you should be clearer what kind of douchery you're actually trying to stop. And tell them it's more of a judgement than a report, it's automatic, there's no moderator who will use common sense on the issue, they're responsible for that part.
 saltmistress
Msg: 383
You can now report a persons main picture if it doesn't meet guidelines
Posted: 4/12/2011 8:19:05 PM
I vote no to head shots only for the main image. Why have censorhip since there are so many modes of communication on this site? If you are offended than either speak your mind, ignore or have good laugh. Everyone's standards are different. I wish there was a feature, though, where you could delete the pictures in the "viewed me" screen, much like you can delete emails.

This is an internet dating site for humans, not pets, chimps, exotic wildlife, celebrities, uknown bodyparts, real estate, vehicles, or anything else that doesn't showcase yourself - should you choose not to accept these rules, try a pay site and see how far you get.
 psytle
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2011 10:40:29 AM
I've got a question, apologies if it has already been answered.

If a user has their entire head in the picture, but are covering half of their face with their hand, is it still a valid head shot showing their face?
 LaidBackAdrenalinAddict
Msg: 385
Posted: 7/11/2011 8:02:16 AM
It takes half a second to scroll past a profile that's not laid out in the way certain people want.

Removing my snowboarding pic cuts my reply ratio from around 3/4 to around 1/4.

How selfish do you have to be to think half a second is worth taking away more than half the girls I try to talk to?
 kasandroid
Msg: 386
Posted: 8/19/2011 6:11:12 PM
Last night I was looking at the who viewed me thing, and ah ah ha ha the person's main profile was a penis picture ah ha ha ha ha ha it wasn't very big. I mean like wtf? Don't be that proud buddy we've all seen better pics. So anyways I went and reported it, cause I guess I'm no fun at all, and must be a prude.
 Sherlock101
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2011 9:51:43 AM
What about all the sideways pictures? Are they acceptable? Seems more and more of them are showing up...
 momslove
Msg: 388
Posted: 10/20/2011 3:23:50 PM
why?

Why what? You haven't quoted what you're replying to.

modivin
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/29/2011 8:11:23 PM
Where is the link for reporting a picture and reviewing the profile for legitimacy?

Main Image is the button that looks like this

Bottom of their profile for everything else and looks like this:

Couple2012
Msg: 390
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:52:07 AM
I reported quite a few fake profiles and some that is actually not using there faces. Some replace there face with a HAPPY SMILE ICON over it. Like ........?

And still even today i get to see those same profiles sitting there and scamming legimate members.

Is POF actually do read the reports that people sent them? I usually would report them with 3 to 4 links of proof of the member using the stolen pictures or scamming others for trading pictures.

I dont know....maybe they are busy or not enough staff......but that should be one of their priorities is to take care of those scammers and fake profile luring around that as been reported with proof of evidence.
 ILikeSecrets
Msg: 391
Reporting people who use conflicting messages
Posted: 10/31/2011 7:32:01 AM
What about people who are seeking INTIMATE ENCOUNTERS but dont want anyone who has messaged persons seeking an INTIMATE ENCOUNTER or SEX to message them? I feel this should be abolished as it cuts many chances to message a person by the three strike rule. Many of these people have a different interpretation of whaat an INTIMATE ENCOUNTER is....it's not mearley sex.
 Cynderella
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2011 8:03:45 PM
^^^I agree for there is jealousy in all walks of life. Which is what I think is the matter in my case.
My photos keep being deleted and I now have received the note: main photo has been deleted and if I CONTINUE to upload images that don't follow the rules, my uploading abilities will be disabled.
My pic's are not breaking any rules and yet someone keeps voting to delete.
There has to be a bottom line and I feel at point of deletion (how many votes it takes) there should be a human to see if it's legit...
I have contacted csr@pof.com and hope they can get to the bottom of this situation.

So to whom ever is playing this game it's up.
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 393
Posted: 11/13/2011 11:08:11 PM
Users can only vote to disallow a photo once. It takes numerous reports each by different users before pictures are deleted. So it's not just one person who is playing games.
 Cynderella
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 9:59:01 PM
^^^Thanks UFC...I always find your postings very helpful.
Thanks Cynthia
 Dan0777
Msg: 395
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:24:44 PM

Unfortunately for you the people that use this feature don't agree with you.

As someone that used it prior to being a moderator, I have to say I think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

It doesn't matter if users don't agree. That doesn't make them right.

We could be contacting these profiles for any number of reasons. It is a needless ban that restricts people from contacting certain others.

Let adults make their own choices. We contact people for all sorts of reasons, again. Just because their profile said 'intimate encounters' doesn't mean that's what we're contacting them for. Some people put 'dating' on their profile but we may hope that it turns into a long term relationship.

Let US decide for us.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 396
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:37:23 PM

Let adults make their own choices...

That is exactly what is happening.

Adults can chose or not chose to block people that make a habit of emailing people with IE profiles.

We contact people for all sorts of reasons, again. Just because their profile said 'intimate encounters' doesn't mean that's what we're contacting them for. Some people put 'dating' on their profile but we may hope that it turns into a long term relationship.

The filter does not imply anything other than sending an email.

It states: "Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex."

It is clear that the block is associated with the word message, thus it is only blocking people that email those, it does not imply why you emailed them.

Let US decide for us.

What you are implying is that you want to take away peoples ability to block, thus taking away their choice.

People have a choice of who they are going to contact and people also have a choice who they can block.
 visualerror
Msg: 397
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:46:22 PM
I have also had my main photo (which clearly shows my face) and does not violate any policy removed.

I received the same message that my uploading privileges would be removed and I contacted PoF several times (via the form on this site and directly to csr@pof) since the 6th. I have received nothing other than a canned response to my first message. This message did not address any of my specific concerns.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 398
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:54:24 PM

I have received nothing other than a canned response to my first message. This message did not address any of my specific concerns.

There is nothing to address and or they are not about to reveal all details on how the back end of the site works, to explain to a user why their picture got accidentally deleted.
 Dan0777
Msg: 399
Posted: 3/13/2012 2:59:44 PM

Let adults make their own choices...

That is exactly what is happening.

Adults can chose or not chose to block people that make a habit of emailing people with IE profiles.

Uh no... it is automatic after 4 messages that you get blocked.. and.. you're not in a position to know if someone is making it 'a habit' of contacting ie profiles.

We contact people for all sorts of reasons, again. Just because their profile said 'intimate encounters' doesn't mean that's what we're contacting them for. Some people put 'dating' on their profile but we may hope that it turns into a long term relationship.

The filter does not imply anything other than sending an email.

It states: "Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex."

It is clear that the block is associated with the word message, thus it is only blocking people that email those, it does not imply why you emailed them.

Bingo! If the system can't detect intention, it shouldn't intervene.

Let US decide for us.

What you are implying is that you want to take away peoples ability to block, thus taking away their choice.

People have a choice of who they are going to contact and people also have a choice who they can block.

Again your lack of logic is showing. No one's taking away your ability to block. You can block case by case.
But assuming that contacting someone who has ie on their profile means that's all you want, is ridiculous.

You could contact people for any number of reasons. I've sometimes just a paid a compliment to someone. Or said hi to a friend. I could also try to contact someone wanting a date, to possibly get to a long term relationship.

It would make more sense if your stated intention, on your profile was ie.
But if it's long term and you contact an ie, you still get blocked - after 4 messages-.

That's just stupid, it prevents you from communicating with people just because you sent a message to a certain type of profile.

Nobody's taking away a choice- a choice that makes sense. Just wanting to not be subjected to a needless intervention ....
 visualerror
Msg: 400
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:06:13 PM
First of all, a site users concerns is far from nothing to be addressed.

I am a potential customer that could very well pay for a membership But if I feel that my uploading privileges or profile itself will be disabled for uploading a photo that does not violate any policy can very wall happen for no reason. The thing I am looking for is not how it happens, but an assurance that my profile and photos are not at risk. This is my concern, and I know it is probably this way for others.

To be clear... Why would someone upgrade if they have no assurances that this was indeed a mistake, that this will not happen again in the future. No one will spend money on an unknown.

Plus, its just shitty customer service to not reply to inquires.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 401
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:14:56 PM
To be clear... Why would someone upgrade if they have no assurances that this was indeed a mistake, that this will not happen again in the future. No one will spend money on an unknown.

Because once they upgraded that then if they had a legitimate concern it would be addressed, because if it was not address the "user" would have legal recourse.

Plus, its just shitty customer service to not reply to inquires.

So do you know how many users there are and how big POF is from an employ stand count?

If you did you may understand why you are not going to get a personalized reply.

I have seen users post here that they cannot post photos because they have been banned and each time they were either told why, as to get banned it takes manual input and is not done by the automated system that sends out warnings, thus allowing for much less error, but if by chance an error did occur they could rectify it.
 visualerror
Msg: 402
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:20:52 PM
You sound like you do not know anything about the customer service industry. That answer is just not good enough.

You sound like a shill.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 403
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:23:33 PM

You sound like you do not know anything about the customer service industry. That answer is just not good enough.

Well sorry you are not getting the special attention you think you deserve or understand why.

Have you considered asking for a refund?
 visualerror
Msg: 404
Posted: 3/13/2012 3:26:45 PM
You see, that is the very difference between how you and I think.

You run a business, that is dependent on users.

A user asks a question and you do have a support staff.

You as the business with a support staff answers questions.

This is how it works. I am not any more special than you or the next person. If you asked a question it should be answered. Period!

Since this lovely discussion is not accomplishing anything. I will just bow out. Just understand. that you are incorrect and I know more than you in this instance.
 johannaarias1
Msg: 405
Reporting And deleting Main images
Posted: 5/9/2012 10:56:59 PM
:S
 Holly63
Msg: 406
Reporting And deleting Main images
Posted: 11/28/2012 6:46:15 PM
Well photos 5 and 8 are against the rules. Thats perhaps a start to your problem. Forgive me if Im wrong but did you download your last pic from a web site? Is that really you??

EDIT: I'm referring the poster above. Sorry for confusion. xxx
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > You can now report a persons main picture if it doesn't meet guidelines