Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CountIbli
Msg: 219
What evidence do we have that the historical Jesus lived?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

This is expressly forbidden under pain of death in Jewish Law. Jews have a very strict code about certain things, that they are not to cause a Chillul HaShem, any situation that causes people to look upon G-d unfairly, and one of those is to give the impression that any Jew is being really nasty. If it was absolutely necessary, Jews might be required to act on their own to kill Jesus in secret.

This is one of the most implausible parts of Christianity. When you compare the teachings of Jesus to the Pharisees and Essenes then there's nothing new under the sun. Why would the Jewish leaders secretly gather in a conspiracy to get the Romans to execute Jesus (including getting witnesses to bear false witness against him) for teaching things that they themselves taught?

There is simply no connection between sin and slaying in the Passover tradition. Passover is the Jewish Festival of Independence. The eve of Passover is Jewish Independence Day.

My own theory is that the people who were inventing Christianity confused the Judas Goat with the Paschal Lamb. This would explain the odd story of Pilate releasing Jesus Barabbas and executing Jesus of Nazareth because of a tradition that the Jews supposedly had. Jesus N would have been the slaughtered goat and Jesus B would have been the goat driven from the town.
 JP1111
Msg: 221
What evidence do we have that the historical Jesus lived?
Posted: 2/23/2012 7:20:20 PM
I hear your point of view and considered the same things. I had even asked a question here wondering if someone would “show me the light” but alas, I was essentially told that I was correct in my belief.

What is that belief? No one has shown me ANY p-r-o-o-f as there is is, stories passed from person to person. But NONE of it has any proof behind it.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >