Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do people not realize there are REAL people behind the keyboards?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetKristine
Msg: 1
Do people not realize there are REAL people behind the keyboards?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
People are so quick to be mean to each other online, or screw w/someone's emotions cause they figure "oh its just online". I don't get it. Isnt that a real person sitting behind that keyboard typing those words? When I'm having a one-on-one conversation with someone (for example ims or email) they get the real me, my real emotions, my real feelings, I would never go around intentionally screwing w/someone's emotions or being mean, like so many people on here and on other sights do. Are they that rude in "real life". I was very very close to deleting my pof account, and I got some great wonderful emails from people who I consider my "friends" yep friends, even though physically I have never met them, they have a place in my heart that will be there forever, and it got me to thinking, how come more people arnt' like that. Do people assume that just because its online, that you can be as rude and as mean as you want to? I'm not mean or rude in real life, nor am I online. Rude people exist everywhere, but why post such negativity on the internet? Does that make a person feel better about themselves? I guess it will be something I dont understand...

So how about you...do you view others on here as "real people" , or what?
 astrosky
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do people not realize there are REAL people behind the keyboards?
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:13:18 PM
The only real people contacting me lately are married men thinking I'd be a good fling....but I know what you mean. Sometimes putting up a personal ad is the same thing as going "abuse me, here I am" to some of the trollers out there. I guess they always run out of fresh victims. There are many good people here on POF to make this site worthwhile.
 Knight Rider
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:13:35 PM
kristine,I never had the pleasure to get to know you all that well except for
the forums,but never just poof 'cause of ignorant people!

I think you have a heart of gold,and as to this thread,some people do it'cause
they can get away with it!

And if you ever decide to delete your profile again,don't.'cause you're letting
them win and get to you!

The people who know you well should be what matters,and knowing who you are
is all that matters!

A lot of people are mean,they live to be this way,just like fleas on a cat or parasites
on a bull,just there to agrevate the sh*t out of you!

It gets me too,and I tend to defend anyone under attack,and I have a smart way of doing
it!
however if that don't work,i just ignore them completely,they just too dense to ven bother
with!
Nothing a pain in the a$$ hates more then being ignored,'cause they can't get you going,
wich in turn pisses them off,that way there you win the battle without doing a thing or
wasting any energy!

You're a good woman from what I've seen so far,so be proud of that and the heck with
ignorant arragant people o.k.!

You still got your friends on pof and in your life,and one day mr.right will be at your door!

Your new friend,right here,me !
 manlooking407
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:20:00 PM
Yeah, I kind of wondered, if you met these same people who messed with you online, would they do it in real life too??
 SweetKristine
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:22:34 PM
Yeah, I kind of wondered, if you met these same people who messed with you online, would they do it in real life too??

^^^exactly my point..it just baffles me the amount of rude people out there..ive never been called a bit.ch by a stranger in "real life" but i have online lol...just makes me scratch my head and wonder
 cooldude
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:27:11 PM
People probably are more prone to get away with hideing behind the keyboard and not be responsable with what they say. You will have to deal with it in real life too. But you have more power on here. You have the delete key..one click and good bye..so don't let them get you down..There is a lot of good quality people here too.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:32:25 PM
But you have more power on here. You have the delete key..one click and good bye..so don't let them get you down..There is a lot of good quality people here too.

^^thats what im working on...ive worked to hard over the last few years building myself up to be a strong person, then i let stupid people on here bring me down...I'm better than that...hell everyone is...delete delete delete gonna be my new phrase :)
 Raven34
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:39:05 PM
Anonymity does many things for people.....be it a positive or negative thing.....shy people can come out of their shell......quiet people can find a voice......mean people can allow their anger to burst like a boil infecting others.....people that feel they have been walked on can give as good as they have gotten.....sadly to a lot of people this isn't real......I think they assume the words appear here magically.

I have met many people from online in my time and I think of the people I connect with as "real".....I have made some wonderful "realtime" friendships with people that have started online. Some of us do connect on a deeper level and we get it....there is a real live human being behind the keyboard.....someone who laughs, thinks and even cries from time to time.

I feel for you SweetKristine and I hope you will change your mind about leaving.....for every 10 a$$es out there you know there is 1 amazing spirit waiting to be a friend or more. Keep your chin up.....block the negative and allow the positive to infuse you.
 Sundown32
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:47:48 PM
^^^LOL! Bunch of savages in this town! How mutch you sell them for?
 SweetKristine
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/23/2005 5:59:06 PM
My theory is....if you can make someone's life better, do it. If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything.

^^^there would be a lot of quiet people out there in the world lol.........blah...i dont like mean people lol...even the a$$hole that emailed me and told me i needed to excersise, I replied back..thanks i'll be thinking of you when im having sex, thats a great cardio workout..hehe...cruel, but at least i was nice about it...I just will never understand, why people are just to hateful. Life is way to short to be hateful. My friend who was like a 2nd mom to me, told me that on her deathbed...never forget that
 garyo1954
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 6:14:18 PM
^^^^^ Real brute that M2!!

Glad you came back sweet you add to the topics, unlike itchy a$$holes who need a scratch.....(wink)

<<<==== I put on my boots and hat for you.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/23/2005 6:20:00 PM
He emails back a bunch of nasty names and blocks me so I can't reply!

^^^lmfao...you should be a pinky pec,ker curse on him...but wait i bet he already has a pinky pec,ker

<--real..no fakeness here...cept i'll have fake nails soon
 garyo1954
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 6:33:06 PM
Wow! I like the new Di Di!
 SweetKristine
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/23/2005 7:36:29 PM
SweetKristine, you see how people treat their fellow man/woman don't you?
Why would people online, that you can't even see, get any better treatment

^^^i guess i'm just nieve online, and in real life, bad experience on here made me question being so "nice and open" to others, when I don't get the same in return...its sad to think that people get their "rocks off" by being mean to others...after this last time, i question myself if i should be so nice w/people online who i dont know...hard to change who you have been all your life though....this guy from my area immed me tonite, we talked for awhile, he asked for my number but i didnt give it to him, becauase i was like what if he was like that last as$hole, and i shouldnt be so nice to him right off that bat...i just don't what to do i guess...be nice, dont be nice...
 YamIhere
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2005 9:11:28 PM
I looked behind my keyboard, I didn't see anyone there ... I figured you all just existed in my hard drive
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/23/2005 11:55:56 PM
Sweet Kristine,

I am fairly new to the forums yet I have seen your postings in a few I have been in. Just by reading what you say one can tell you are a beautiful, vibrant, caring soul. Don't ever let someone make you feel different.

Unfortunately there are those on the internet that are here for one soul purpose which is playing games. They don't think about the fact that the person behind the computer is a person with feelings and emotions. Those are the people who truly don't care about their own life much less anyone else's.

Never sell yourself short. As I said, you have a beauty that comes from within. A rarity you are, don't ever change. Personally, I can see your smile and hear your laughter when I read a forum you have spoken in. I find that truly amazing.

One the likes of you will go far in life. The man who wins your heart will be a very lucky man.

Take care,
Sandi
 Gentlmanlooking4alady
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/24/2005 11:05:47 PM
Someone wanted Miss Thang's freshly used panties.....gotta agree on the gross factor there. I've never understood the panty fixation personally, but even if I did, I can't imagine ever just asking someone I've never met for their underwear, that's just way too personal.

I agree that too many feel that they an be rude, crude and tasteless just because they think they won't suffer consequences in what they think is an anonymous forum. Honestly, they're right, it can be anonymous.

I guess it comes down to integrity of who the person is. You just have to blow off those who treat you like that and recognize that they are just poor excuses for a person. In the end, be glad that they revealed their true selves to you before you got too much time or emotion invested in them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do people not realize there are REAL people behind the keyboards?