Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 26
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?Page 2 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I think people who surround themselves by the most people...are the lonliest.

Quality over quantity
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 27
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 4/25/2005 11:21:18 AM
*hugs all the lonely people*
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:17:59 PM
I personally choose to be alone.Less heart-ache........If i knew what i know now at 18 i would have became a hermit.. i sure would have never encounter all the screw up women in my past....The only regret i have i had to go through it.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:40:53 PM
Yet, you're still here looking for someone.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:50:15 PM
No i am not looking for no screw up women.I careless. I am past the games. I am not like 90% of you just looking for a hand out.
 travelgirl75459
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:51:44 PM
I think that I will be alone for the rest of my life as well as all of u. I have been in so many relationships that I thought would last forever but, everytime someone gets close to me they just up and leave me wondering what could have went wrong. I have been told that I am very sweet and that I have a very big heart and someday I will make a wonderful wife for someone but, the ones that have told me this just say that they will never be the one for me. I think that is kind of contradicting in itself. I have two wonderful little boys that make my days go by pretty wonderfully. But, there are things that your children just can't do for u. I think that maybe someday I will fall in love with the right person and they will fall back in love with me.
 angelic93444
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/25/2005 7:38:53 PM
Being alone is a physical state, being lonely is a mental state. I am often alone but I am rarely lonely. One can get a lot accomplished when one is alone and when I find myself feeling lonely, I just come to POF.
Hugs to everyone here.

Then I tell myself it's just a feeling, it'll pass, and have a
 footrub27guy
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:07:29 PM
I know alot of times I feel I will be alone forever myself. Ive never had a relationship yet and I don't think im compatible with anyone. My interests pretty much no one else has so I guess that makes me undatable and unwanted. But I guess ive been alone for so long that it doesnt bother me as much as it used to. If I end up dying alone, then so be it. It will just let me know that im not worthy of human companionship.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:13:12 PM
foot i wish you would cheer up :( your a great guy..and your princess charming is out there somewhere
 footrub27guy
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:21:31 PM
Thank you for your encouragement, Kristine. Im trying to still believe that there's someone for me but as each day and year passes, im starting to lose hope.
 blunite
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/27/2005 8:58:26 PM
Yeah I know exactly what yall are saying. What I try to do is have alot of female friends, I have found some of the void is filled (except the sex part). And hopefully out of some of that friendship a relationship will appear.
 yakuza76
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:47:07 PM
I really am tired of being alone. To me it feels like I don't have A best friend or even A partner in crime. All my good friends are in relationships heck even people I work with so no matter what I do I am A third wheel. I even notice other people just walking down the street holding hands or even just sitting and talking and I feel like crawling into A hole and never comeing out.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to be smothered by someone or do the smothering it would be nice to know that there is someone else around to talk to or to do anything. Sure I could just find A "best friend" but it still is not the same. You can't share yourself in all aspects of life ( physical or emotianal ) with just A friend.

I refuse to think I will be alone forever there HAS TO BE soeone out there for me.
 crys123
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/28/2005 4:34:24 PM
I know the feeling. I am a workaholic and when I do have time my friends are with their men. At the same time i see them putting up with crap and i would rather wait for the right one and be a little lonely for a while.
 beachboy45
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:05:16 PM
Life can be tough alone but even tougher when you hook up with someone that drags you down but remember that God is always with you and has a plan for you and a purpose in life Sometimes the harder you look the harder it seems to find that right person so just kick back and enjoy life and everything will fall into place on its own Ive got a dog and a cat and neither one of them ever lied or stole anything from me they were always happy to see me when i got home and theres always the net 24 7 somebody is always out there ready to chat so hang in there you time will come good luck
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:42:09 PM
Sometimes I get so down in the dumps, that I become cynical about relationships...and whether I'll ever find a healthy one.

But, then I realized...that makes me a victim...and, Damnit! I'm not!

So, I have to believe that I'm worth it and will find it...and I won't settle. Until then, I'm going to make the most of my single life, and enjoy my freedom, and friends.
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:17:46 PM
<----I've been alone since I was a little girl...And it sucks to think that I'll prolly be alone forever...
But I guess some people just arent ment to have their hearts desires....
 watcher63
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/29/2005 2:08:07 AM
Yea, they say you'll find it when you're not looking. But there have been times when I'm so down on men and not looking, he comes along and sweeps me off my feet, and it never works out, even then. So how do you know if you should look or not.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 8:12:32 AM
Yes, Im afraid Ill die alone
 Double Cabin
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 1:50:54 PM
^^^^Neo, you're 21 years old. Why are you looking for long term. Live man, you never know what kind of lifetime reward you might find.

Yes, I fear I will die alone. Relocation scares the hell out of me, but I've got to get past it if a mountain mama doesn't roll up the valley before long.

Kristine, you are young too. You guys need to think about forgetting about instant gratification, try a side of realistic expectation.
 Cin4U
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/29/2005 11:59:53 PM
I am not afraid of being alone, I am more afraid of being with the wrong one.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2005 12:13:23 AM

Neo, you're 21 years old. Why are you looking for long term

Cause I was in a long term relationship. It was a long distance relationship though, so we didnt get to see each other often, but we spent lots of time together when we did, and I got all the love I ever wanted.

I want someone I can give my whole heart to. I dont need them taking it back for an exchange in a month.
 domesticated me
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/30/2005 5:26:37 AM
Of course I feel this way. But I usually do not lat it get me down. I have other things to focus on. Like raising the kids. "It si when we are not looking mister right will come along" True on both halves.:)
 domesticated me
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/30/2005 6:07:23 AM
A response from a non member of POF. He thinks that we as singles have set our sights too high. If we keep our eyes set on what will make us happy instead of what we want, None of us would be alone for very long or be unhappy.

Look towards the simple things in life and achive them instead of looking for the advanced and not having the opportunity to achieve them.:)
 travelgirl75459
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:31:35 PM
you know I think that everyone has someone ... and like it was said before... when your not looking for love it just jumps out and bites u on the ass......you weren't looking for it and when u got it u weren't thinking that it was for real and most of the time u lost it... I feel that I have done this too often.. I wasn't looking, found it, didn't realize what I had and lost it before I realized what was happening.... so, therefore I really think that I will be alone for ever in the relationship part... but, I have my two little ones and they are really all I need....

lodainer

if this shows up more than once I am sorry b/c for some reason mine aren't going thru now
 carrierm
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:54:45 PM
I've been married for 25 yrs and my husband has been messing around on me for 3 yrs with the same slut
it hurts everytime i see him around, which is not often since he is a over the road truck driver
i just hate being alone
help!!!!! i need suggestions to help me overcome this jerk
my heart always gets in the way
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?