Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 loneytexanman2004
Msg: 26
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?Page 2 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I know exactly how every one feels I have been alone more or less for the last five years and I am sick of it. Yet I don't seem to be having any luck finding Mrs. right. I am beginning to wonder if she even exists. But will not give up trying to find her. Ther are nights when I hate waking up in a queen size water bed all alone in fact that is most nights.
 trulyrdivine
Msg: 27
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 4/25/2005 4:15:25 AM
About 8 years ago, I looked after a man who was dying. He advised me never to get married. He said that he saw his brother who was married have obligations that he never had to deal with. He had dated and had relationships with several women throughout his life and had found that to be very forfilling.

Anyway, I am never actually "alone". I have my daughter, family and friends. When I have that feeling of loneliness, I know that God is here for me and He has good plans for me. I believe that my soulmate is out there but I am not aware yet of who that person is. Since I was a teenager I sometimes facinate on what that person may look like. And, if I were to die tomorrow then that is just how it was meant to be.

I have been in a relationship before where I have felt completely alone. I'd rather be without a partner then to be in that situation again. There is a 50% divorce rate out there. Just remember that you are not alone in being alone and there's nothing wrong with that.
 Blondeambition
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2005 11:15:40 AM
All of us lonely people around ...maybe we should all get together and then we wouldn't be so alone?
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/25/2005 11:18:23 AM
I think people who surround themselves by the most people...are the lonliest.

Quality over quantity
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/25/2005 11:21:18 AM
*hugs all the lonely people*
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:17:59 PM
I personally choose to be alone.Less heart-ache........If i knew what i know now at 18 i would have became a hermit.. i sure would have never encounter all the screw up women in my past....The only regret i have i had to go through it.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:40:53 PM
Yet, you're still here looking for someone.
 Madelaina1
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:42:00 PM
being alone aint so bad...sometimes it's actually kind of refreshing
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:50:15 PM
No i am not looking for no screw up women.I careless. I am past the games. I am not like 90% of you just looking for a hand out.
 travelgirl75459
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/25/2005 1:51:44 PM
I think that I will be alone for the rest of my life as well as all of u. I have been in so many relationships that I thought would last forever but, everytime someone gets close to me they just up and leave me wondering what could have went wrong. I have been told that I am very sweet and that I have a very big heart and someday I will make a wonderful wife for someone but, the ones that have told me this just say that they will never be the one for me. I think that is kind of contradicting in itself. I have two wonderful little boys that make my days go by pretty wonderfully. But, there are things that your children just can't do for u. I think that maybe someday I will fall in love with the right person and they will fall back in love with me.
 angelic93444
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/25/2005 7:38:53 PM
Being alone is a physical state, being lonely is a mental state. I am often alone but I am rarely lonely. One can get a lot accomplished when one is alone and when I find myself feeling lonely, I just come to POF.
Hugs to everyone here.

Then I tell myself it's just a feeling, it'll pass, and have a
 footrub27guy
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:07:29 PM
I know alot of times I feel I will be alone forever myself. Ive never had a relationship yet and I don't think im compatible with anyone. My interests pretty much no one else has so I guess that makes me undatable and unwanted. But I guess ive been alone for so long that it doesnt bother me as much as it used to. If I end up dying alone, then so be it. It will just let me know that im not worthy of human companionship.
 SweetKristine
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:13:12 PM
foot i wish you would cheer up :( your a great guy..and your princess charming is out there somewhere
 footrub27guy
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/25/2005 9:21:31 PM
Thank you for your encouragement, Kristine. Im trying to still believe that there's someone for me but as each day and year passes, im starting to lose hope.
 rusassy21969
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/27/2005 8:44:19 PM
yeh you can fill your whole day but when you crawl into that big empty bed at night it's lonely all right! I don't notice it so much in the daytime because I have so many friends around me and have a busy life, it's just at bedtime i notice it, but on the plus side, no one steals my blankets, farts in my bed or snores except me, lol!!!
 blunite
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/27/2005 8:58:26 PM
Yeah I know exactly what yall are saying. What I try to do is have alot of female friends, I have found some of the void is filled (except the sex part). And hopefully out of some of that friendship a relationship will appear.
 Damn_Good_Woman
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:17:41 PM
Yes... Id rather be miserable alone, then miserable with someone tho...

Alone is actually not a bad thing..
 island sweetness
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:27:51 PM
Travelgirl, I can totally relate to what you are saying ..How can someone tell you that they love you and that you are marriage material and then turn around and dump you ??? It doesn't make any sense.
I want a relationship but I am so afraid of being hurt again. I am tired of hearing how wonderful I am ....if I am so wonderful then why am I here ?
I have alot going for me and I don't NEED a man but I could sure use a best friend.
You all have lots of great advice and you are all sweet people.
 yakuza76
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/27/2005 9:47:07 PM
I really am tired of being alone. To me it feels like I don't have A best friend or even A partner in crime. All my good friends are in relationships heck even people I work with so no matter what I do I am A third wheel. I even notice other people just walking down the street holding hands or even just sitting and talking and I feel like crawling into A hole and never comeing out.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to be smothered by someone or do the smothering it would be nice to know that there is someone else around to talk to or to do anything. Sure I could just find A "best friend" but it still is not the same. You can't share yourself in all aspects of life ( physical or emotianal ) with just A friend.

I refuse to think I will be alone forever there HAS TO BE soeone out there for me.
 Sky999
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/27/2005 10:23:28 PM
i'm a professional who is not too outspoken, so i appear lacking confidence to some maybe....and so i'm gonna be alone....no big deal....we are born alone and we die alone....who cares if we have to live alone...besides u can always meet and hang out with ppl all ur life who r fun, u don't need intimacy....wtf is that...and u have God to love and be loved by....ur gonna go to God in the end anyways....who cares about being alone....whatever. Have fun :)
 DragonRed
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/28/2005 1:14:38 AM
Yup!!!!
 crys123
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/28/2005 4:34:24 PM
I know the feeling. I am a workaholic and when I do have time my friends are with their men. At the same time i see them putting up with crap and i would rather wait for the right one and be a little lonely for a while.
 beachboy45
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:05:16 PM
Life can be tough alone but even tougher when you hook up with someone that drags you down but remember that God is always with you and has a plan for you and a purpose in life Sometimes the harder you look the harder it seems to find that right person so just kick back and enjoy life and everything will fall into place on its own Ive got a dog and a cat and neither one of them ever lied or stole anything from me they were always happy to see me when i got home and theres always the net 24 7 somebody is always out there ready to chat so hang in there you time will come good luck
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/28/2005 9:42:09 PM
Sometimes I get so down in the dumps, that I become cynical about relationships...and whether I'll ever find a healthy one.

But, then I realized...that makes me a victim...and, Damnit! I'm not!

So, I have to believe that I'm worth it and will find it...and I won't settle. Until then, I'm going to make the most of my single life, and enjoy my freedom, and friends.
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/28/2005 10:17:46 PM
<----I've been alone since I was a little girl...And it sucks to think that I'll prolly be alone forever...
But I guess some people just arent ment to have their hearts desires....
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?