Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 51
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?Page 3 of 62    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
<----I've been alone since I was a little girl...And it sucks to think that I'll prolly be alone forever...
But I guess some people just arent ment to have their hearts desires....
 watcher63
Msg: 52
Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?
Posted: 4/29/2005 2:08:07 AM
Yea, they say you'll find it when you're not looking. But there have been times when I'm so down on men and not looking, he comes along and sweeps me off my feet, and it never works out, even then. So how do you know if you should look or not.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 8:12:32 AM
Yes, Im afraid Ill die alone
 Double Cabin
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 1:50:54 PM
^^^^Neo, you're 21 years old. Why are you looking for long term. Live man, you never know what kind of lifetime reward you might find.

Yes, I fear I will die alone. Relocation scares the hell out of me, but I've got to get past it if a mountain mama doesn't roll up the valley before long.

Kristine, you are young too. You guys need to think about forgetting about instant gratification, try a side of realistic expectation.
 Cin4U
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/29/2005 11:59:53 PM
I am not afraid of being alone, I am more afraid of being with the wrong one.
 DragonRed
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/30/2005 12:12:35 AM
^^^Very True
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2005 12:13:23 AM

Neo, you're 21 years old. Why are you looking for long term

Cause I was in a long term relationship. It was a long distance relationship though, so we didnt get to see each other often, but we spent lots of time together when we did, and I got all the love I ever wanted.

I want someone I can give my whole heart to. I dont need them taking it back for an exchange in a month.
 maytrea
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:16:52 AM
I just got out of a relationship of three years....THREE YEARS!! The longest relationship of my life. The first true love of my life. The first and only girl I have ever made love to. I really devoted myself to this girl. The very thought of being seperated from her never occured to me until 2 weeks ago when our world came crashing down.

She tells me she is going thru some changes and that she doesn't feel the same way about me romantically anymore.

We've been thru hell and back. From her having problems with her mother and coming to live with me on two different occations, to me working two jobs at 50+ hours a week to keep us going while she was trying to cope with her problems. All those times I have EVER come to her side when she needed me the most. Of course, it goes hand in hand....

The pictures, the memories, trinkets...the hard times, good times, sad times...all of that. Gone because she isn't sure about us all of a sudden, after three long years of trust and intamacy. Despite my devotion to her, I gave her all the space she asked and needed. I never took her for granted.

Right now, I am still trying to cope with all of this. The best I can really...

I don't really know what I want right now. We had so much in common. From the pleasurable outings in the city and whatnot to staying in and watching movies or playing video games and just cuddling.

I came to this site to see how the single scene has changed. It's all foreign to me. Infact, it seems a lot of people on here are either out of my league or wouldn't be interested in me at all.

I'm in a rut as well. I am stuck. I don't know how to cope with this garbage. I didn't deserve this. I was devoted to her. Once we made love, I knew in my heart that she was the one. Unfortunately...it betrayed me.

So....is there hope for someone like me? I keep asking myself that but all I can do is work and try to make sense of my life again.
 maytrea
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:37:23 AM
oh, and by the way, you know what really pisses me off?

***hole dipwad guys who think with their libido and want sex right off the bat. Makes looking for the right person 10x harder for those actual decent guys.

So yeah, that shit doesn't help either.
 eveningspade
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:58:57 AM
I'm actually enjoying myself right now, i just take into consideration how little i do see of my coupled friends,sure it would be nice to have someone that i enjoy spending so much time with i don't need to see my friends as much, but i have many years to put aside for that! I get lonely sometimes, but as my older friends start pairing up, i gradually make new friends to chill out with, soemtimes learn a new hobby or share some crazy conversations with, I've learned to take it all in stride! I still cherish the time i do spend with my old friends, we're all still close, but right now they are at a place in their lives that I'm not ready to be, I hope we'll catch up soon though!! But I certainly can see where you're coming from!
 domesticated me
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/30/2005 5:26:37 AM
Of course I feel this way. But I usually do not lat it get me down. I have other things to focus on. Like raising the kids. "It si when we are not looking mister right will come along" True on both halves.:)
 domesticated me
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/30/2005 6:07:23 AM
A response from a non member of POF. He thinks that we as singles have set our sights too high. If we keep our eyes set on what will make us happy instead of what we want, None of us would be alone for very long or be unhappy.

Look towards the simple things in life and achive them instead of looking for the advanced and not having the opportunity to achieve them.:)
 travelgirl75459
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/30/2005 1:31:35 PM
you know I think that everyone has someone ... and like it was said before... when your not looking for love it just jumps out and bites u on the ass......you weren't looking for it and when u got it u weren't thinking that it was for real and most of the time u lost it... I feel that I have done this too often.. I wasn't looking, found it, didn't realize what I had and lost it before I realized what was happening.... so, therefore I really think that I will be alone for ever in the relationship part... but, I have my two little ones and they are really all I need....

lodainer

if this shows up more than once I am sorry b/c for some reason mine aren't going thru now
 toscottm
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/30/2005 2:10:52 PM
Yes and terrified of it! Having been single for 4 years now for which the first three years were very intentional (avoided women), I've lost the flair I had in my 20's when meeting someone new was a daily experience. Is dating in your 30's really this hard. What's with 47 e-mails, 16 phone calls and then finally meeting for 10 minutes over coffee at Tim Horton's three months from now? I've got papers to show that I am clean from any STD's, free from drugs, have no criminal record, am employed, ladies are welcome to inspect me physically for offensive tatoos, small penis or any other concern. Additionally, I can provide phone numbers for the mothers of my last 3 girlfriends. The most recent one didn't speak to her daughter for 3 months and needed a years worth of therapy after she screwed around and dumped me as she was so upset about 'losing the best guy her daughter would ever know'. Anyway, what else is required? DNA?
 valentinoagain
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/30/2005 2:52:54 PM
Hey everyone , why that , we felt alone many times before , might be some of us feeling it for the first time , but sure there will be one for us ,
for me i've been alone all my life , and i got in many relationship , and really i have been hurt more than one time , but it's life ,
all of us have just one life , and we better enjoy it , whatever alone or with anybody , it is better than keeping those bad feelings or remorse or fears , so what would happen after that , did it will make a solution ??
it is better to go through life , accept it and search for what you want !! with a smile on your face , i see here all interesting pretty women , i feel like i'm about interested in many of them , yet i knew there might be like 1 / 1000000 to have a chance with any of them , i'm far away , and no clue for me , yet i'm trying , at least here i met the most lovely pretty women ( face , minds and souls ) so i 'm enjoying it although the bitterness and soreness inside me for what i mess , but you know , i'm sure i will meet her very soon , and that i will be happy more than i'm now ,
I have nothing to lose, nothing to fear , no worse than that ..... so tomorrow will be better for sure ...
Good luck all
 carrierm
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:54:45 PM
I've been married for 25 yrs and my husband has been messing around on me for 3 yrs with the same slut
it hurts everytime i see him around, which is not often since he is a over the road truck driver
i just hate being alone
help!!!!! i need suggestions to help me overcome this jerk
my heart always gets in the way
 addictable
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/30/2005 8:04:42 PM
i doubt i will be, but sometimes it feels that way! seems to be the people i'm interested in aren't, and the ones that i'm not aren't. i didn't think i was a picky person, gets tiring putting in the effort when its not reciprocated.
 rusassy21969
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/1/2005 3:16:43 PM
toscottm, thanks for the laugh with your sales description, that was great, tried to email you but your distance restriction wouldn't let me!! have a great day and good luck!!
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/1/2005 3:44:05 PM
Yes and terrified of it! Having been single for 4 years now for which the first three years were very intentional (avoided women), I've lost the flair I had in my 20's when meeting someone new was a daily experience. Is dating in your 30's really this hard. What's with 47 e-mails, 16 phone calls and then finally meeting for 10 minutes over coffee at Tim Horton's three months from now? I've got papers to show that I am clean from any STD's, free from drugs, have no criminal record, am employed, ladies are welcome to inspect me physically for offensive tatoos, small penis or any other concern. Additionally, I can provide phone numbers for the mothers of my last 3 girlfriends. The most recent one didn't speak to her daughter for 3 months and needed a years worth of therapy after she screwed around and dumped me as she was so upset about 'losing the best guy her daughter would ever know'. Anyway, what else is required? DNA?

That has to be THE funniest post I've ever read! Talk about cynicism!

LOLO586
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/1/2005 6:41:10 PM
MY THING IS THAT I NEED A WOMAN - I HAVE OR HAD A WIFE NOT SURE ANYMORE WE HAVE SLEPT IN THE SAME BED 2 TIMES SINCE THE 11TH OF APRIL - WE HAD PROBLEMS BUT I WAS NEVER CHEATING - SHE SAYS SHE IS NOT CHEATING JUST MAD AT ME - IT IS HARD TO LOOK AT THIS AS REAL LIFE BUT HELL WHO KNOWS
 grubeci
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2005 9:34:12 PM
So? You're against having a man as old as your daddy? sugar daddy? lol :) You'll find someone...have you tried eharmony? There will be someone for you. Millions are lonely ... I'm lonley. Talk to me anytime.
 CoolBannana
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/3/2005 2:08:37 AM
Its funny, some of you speak of loneliness as though it is a terrible afliction.

I have come to realise that the moments in which I am 'lonely' and start pining after relationships, wanting to be in love etc, are generally the times when my life is going fairly well, because I'm not focusing on 'serious' problems. If being single is the worst 'problem' in your life, you are blessed.

Spare a thought for people with nasty medical/financial/social problems. I'm not talking about someone who has a broken arm, or struggles to make the rent each week either.

If you are having trouble finding love- just imagine being blind, deaf or restricted to a wheel chair with no feeling or movement in your body, do you think it would be any easier? Do you think it would even matter when something as simple as making breakfast or getting dressed on your own is a hugely difficult, daunting task that may take hours?

Then there are the millions who are starving/homeless/repressed around the world, with little or no possibility for change.

I'm not having a go at anyone, all I am trying to do is give some perspective on the issue.
 Brownsugga
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/3/2005 3:58:02 AM
Hi sweet I sure do feel that way but I know my true love is just around the corner waiting to be found.Peace
 Brownsugga
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/3/2005 4:02:03 AM
Neo you will find her.It doesnt,matter young or old all of us have to go when are call is up some go young some go old enjoy life and love will follow
 Lonelostsoul
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/3/2005 8:04:37 AM

every single day for the last eleven years.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ever feel like your going to be alone forever?