Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 823
I'll review your profile and give ya some dating advicePage 44 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
sweetsassy79
Looks good, no problems that I detect.
Good luck
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 824
I'll review your profile and give ya some dating advice
Posted: 4/28/2006 11:00:09 AM
betchacanteatjustone

Hey what happened to the picture you speak about does this mean you had some success?
In my opinion all profiles need a picture, even if it's just a picture of something you like. Your picture should grab attention, view your picture at the top of the page with all the other pictures does yours stand out and make people want to know more? It needs to...

Again I'm pretty much done here, it's been a good run, we need somebody else to pick up and run with this column.

Good luck to everybody, I'll still read my mail and I'm still looking for my special someone.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 826
Posted: 7/2/2006 7:05:55 PM
For anybody following my story about the little yellow Stearns kayak stolen when I was on my sailboat in Muskeegon, MI, I found it on eBay a month ago, and it's now in the evidence room at the Muskeegon police department. I'm in Labelle Florida right now, with two sailboats, been working on and got the old one ready to sell, need to learn about selling on eBay. It's looking real good, varnished all the teak and there's a lot on it, pressure washed everything from stem to stern, and fixed all the little things I've learned to live with. Now it's time to start on the new one, and get it ready for a long trip. Still thinking about a round the world, anybody interested, I don't want to finish that trip still single. Have a great day.

If you feel you need help with the profile, read all the comments about other profiles, basically more is better and have lots of pictures. Good luck to all, in whatever endevors we set out to accomplish. May we all find what we are searching for.

"It's remarkable how quickly a good and favorable wind can sweep away the maddening frustrations of shore living".
Ernest K. Gann
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 827
Posted: 7/26/2006 11:52:51 AM
ctrg343:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/user/ctrg343.aspx

OK you asked for it,

First loose the picture with your hand in your pants. Can't tell what your doing with your other hand anyway, A picture should tell a story about you, I don't think that's a story you want spread around. Loose the fuzzy picture, it says I don't care enough to have a good picture, this lousy one will do. Why should anybody care about you if you don't.

I see way to many negatives, Be positive. Tell us what you do like, don't dwell on, I don't like this or that and this. I hate my home, what makes you think anybody is going to like you if you hate everything. Paint a positive picture of yourself.

The opening line should be catchy, draw you in, I'm 6'2", can't find anything better than something that they already know, loose it. You've been told already but you don't listen.

Sitting in the "frest" cut grass, obviously you hate spell checkers too, or are to dumb to know how to use them, you want people to think you are dumb or lazy. Learn cut and paste and get this through a spell checker. You been told that already also. Why are we wasting our time trying to help you when you won't pay attention to anything we say and do it. You just post I want more criticism. Well here it is, now do something about it.

Sorry to be so negative but that's the way I see it. Nothing personal.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 828
Posted: 7/27/2006 9:50:18 PM
lldivall:
The pics need work but you already knew that, Basically we need more info on what you love to do, so that a person can connect with something, hopefully a lot of somethings. You need to separate yourself from the herd, so that when the right one finds you he knows he is the right one for you just from what he reads in your profile. You've got to move him enough to get him off his butt and risk all the possible emotional consequences of emailing you. He's got to feel the risk of rejection is worth the possible reward of finally finding the right one.

I really don't have time for many of these right now so if you want a review, sorry, my suggestion is read some of the 40 pages here and learn from what we have told others. Good luck, Jon
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 831
I'm done doing reviews sorry, read the old ones, lots of good info there
Posted: 7/28/2006 7:29:54 PM
Dynaverse: I'm not seeing any major mistakes, maybe ad more about everyday stuff you enjoy, you've got a lot about going out, but that's not your whole life.

ladytyndall: I'm trying to get out of the review business here but find it hard to ignore someone that asks politely. I can't say I see anything wrong, In fact if you still wanted kids you would be reading a letter from me in your inbox. My only comment would be about the word separated, you might want to change that or at least explain it. People might be scared you'll just use them to get back with the ex. Divorced is final, separated leaves a big question there. Your pictures are good but the small verison (what you first see) of first one could be a guy, hard to tell, you might put up a different first one. When you see it full size it's easy to tell your not a guy, part of it might be the hands on the hips thing. I'll be honest when I first looked, I said to myself, why does this guy have a name of Lady. Maybe you could add a few of you doing things you like to do. You like me, are asking why am I still single, wish I could answer that for both of us.

---- ---- ---- ---- ----
PLEASE NO MORE REQUESTS

I've got to be working on my sailboats instead of doing this. Time for somebody else to step up to bat, I've done my 20 pages of reviews, that seems to be the standard burn out time.

READ THE PAST ONES,

and learn from other peoples mistakes, you've got pages and pages of past reviews on here and they make the same mistakes you do.

---- ---- ---- ---- ----
 JoFrenchy
Msg: 832
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 3:08:52 PM
jack mack, I thank you in advance...Joanne
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 833
Posted: 11/19/2006 10:37:30 PM
JoFrenchy

Jacks been gone for while from this forum, I took over, for him. He's still here on POF though.

Sorry I have not been around much to do these.

I don't see any problems, It's good like it is. The write up seems short, maybe you might expand it a little more, talk about some of those activities, or something that makes you special or different. What some of your favorite stuff, give people something to connect with, something they can ask a question about.

----------------------

Anybody else wanting a review, I suggest reading all the old ones, there are no new problems here, Jack and I have seen it all, we've covered just about everything in the 40 some pages of reviews. You can also see some of the ones that have been successful, Jack for one.

An update on my life, for those that follow, I'm heading up to Muskegon, Mi to pick up that kayak next week, I bought a new boat and spent 2 months working on that. It's a 45 foot steel ketch in Charleston, SC. A beauty, a quarter million when new and I got it for next to nothing. It's the one that I'll take around the world, it's already been around, so this will be the 2nd time for it. Go to www.jheld.mysite.com to see it. Now I've got 2 boats to sell.

Good luck to all. Jon

CLOSED THREAD- AUTHOR HASN'T posted to it in a lonnnnnnnnnnnng Time -
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >