Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 609
worriedPage 6 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Hey Jack good to have you back, I was worried about you.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 615
cheekemonkey and jack
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:56:50 AM
Hey Jack, I've been busy but I just read a couple here and I'll put in my 2 cents.

cheekemonkey, It looks great to me, they only thing I'd say are two things and this goes to everybody else out there too. Great pictures, my oppinion.

#1, By reading your profile at least twice I found things where your indicating that it's the guys job to find you. Welcome to the modern world, women can search and contact men that they find attractive just as well. There are much better chances of finding that special someone if both people do the searching. Don't wait for him to find you.

#2, Loose the 75 mile radius contact limit. Sure you would like to find him within 75 miles, but maybe he's 100 miles away and can't contact you and he gives up. Is that what you really want to happen? To have him not find you because he's a couple miles farther away. It's real tough to find that right person when we get older, don't miss him because of that. Maybe he's even in Kansas :-)

My story: I started out just looking in Kansas, then I added Missouri, soon I was looking in the whole US, then Canada, now the world. Who knows where you'll find a match. I even studied some Russian in addition to other languages I can understand.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 618
I'll review your profile and give ya some dating advice
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:09:59 AM
hollandgirl
There is not much to comment about your profile since there isn't much there. Read the reviews of the other profiles. Only you can fill up your profile, Jack or I or anybody can only comment and learn something about who you are if there is something there. Nothing wrong just not much there. My profile grew and grew to where it is, by adding to it constantly, everytime somebody asked a good question, I included the answer in my profile. Surely you can expand the camping and animals into a couple sentences, favorite places etc. What about books, games, what did you do last weekend that was fun, etc? Where's your favorite place in the world, what would you like to learn, do or see? Answer these questions and anything else you can think of and that'll be a step in the right direction. Who are you looking for, what qualities and activities should they have?
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 619
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:17:39 AM
xcanadiansteel

Your profile looks good to me, I would expand the writeup a little more. Surely you can find more stuff to say about who you are and who you are looking for. You want enough stuff in your profile that makes the women that read your profile want to take that exptra step and do something that they normally don't do, contact us. She needs to know that your the one, not just a maybe. My idea (some probably don't agree, that's ok) is that a profile should tell all, show all. Leave little to wonder about. I'm not interested in playing the dating game, I want to meet, find or have the right one find me and get on with living life. Life is not a game it's the real thing and every day spent alone is somewhat wasted (again my opininion)
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 620
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:16:08 PM
CRMCRSP

Overall a good job, I'd add a few more pictures of you doing something else that you enjoy, probably don't need three pics of you playing.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 621
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:16:22 PM
pappy-40

For a minute there I thought the last guy grew some hair real fast. :-)

Looking for a match is a pretty much non headline, find something that's unique to you.

Comment about ugly women is probably not a good idea, try to leave out anything negative in a profile. It doesn't go over well.

A couple pictures of you doing something else that you enjoy would be good.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 622
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:16:43 PM
bitsy

My first thing that I saw is that you prefer not to say on smoking, to that says you smoke but are not proud of it. I think questions like this are either black or white, either you do or you don't, if your not proud of it then it should be mentioned in the writeup, (maybe this is just my view on the subject, I welcome other views on this, let us know) I personally don't like it, seems like you want to hide something.

Overall I like the humor that you put in your profile. That's good. There needs to be whole lot more about who you are and what you do. There are a couple of English language problems, we all make them but we need to try and reduce them to give the impression we are intelligent, Lord knows I make my share. For example it should be "somewhere that is not crowded". We all need to reread what we write and fix things like this, it's tough to read what you actually wrote instead of what you wanted to write.

good luck
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 625
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:01:27 PM
ladypilot68

Sorry I think you fell through the cracks here. Must have had some IFR conditions for a while.

Good catchy headline. Good pictures, that's what I like to see, one face shot and 4 or 5 shots of you doing things that you enjoy, some with a little humor thrown in.

I think it's about as good as it gets, everyone can always add more text about other things they like or want but haven't discussed yet but not knowing much about you I can't offer any suggestions. Maybe a few more interests because people use them to find other people that meet what they look for. Maybe some variations on the words, people searching for avaiation might search for flying or airplanes instead.

That brings up something I haven't mentioned in a while ( EVERYBODY pay attention here)

the key words in Dating Interests are searchable the more you have the more chances the right somebody will find you.

good job
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 626
cheekemonkey
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:11:15 PM
cheekemonkey

I was looking at your dating interests and noticed they aren't higlighted and therefore I think aren't searchable. I would remove the semicolons after your words and that might help people search for you and to find you.

Hope that helps

For your info, I'm not a doll, I'm a real live walking, talking person looking for may of the same things everybody else is on here. :-) Now sunshine that's a little closer, yep pretty bright. :-) If we can't have some fun with words on here we might as well call it a day. In fact I think I will. later all. good luck.
 Where There's Smoke
Msg: 627
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:59:35 PM
Hiya! When you get a chance....take a boo at mine? :)
 Where There's Smoke
Msg: 629
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:10 PM
Hiya Jack....I tried to leave a post last night, but it doesn't seem to have taken.....Any chance you can take a boo at mine?? Tx
 Where There's Smoke
Msg: 630
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:19 PM
Hiya Jack....I tried to leave a post last night, but it doesn't seem to have taken.....Any chance you can take a boo at mine?? Tx
 Where There's Smoke
Msg: 631
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:25:33 PM
lol....Hey Jack....hope this isn't a sign, but I actually missed my profile review post from last night and requested again!! Whenever you get a chance lol
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 633
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:05:46 AM
MsPackerMom:

Overall I can't say much, pretty good profile, one problem word that the spell checker wouldn't find; coarse should be course here. Good luck
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 634
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:21:26 AM
grneyeskcs:

Good profile, I'd add a few outdoor pictures of you if you have them since you enjoy camping and such. Now that your toe is wet maybe you should jump all the way in and start contacting people that have profiles you find interesting. Don't be alarmed when most of them don't answer back, it seems most people think that is ok. I certainly don't, but nobody said I was in charge of that department. You always could add more to the write up but it seems to cover everything well, a little about who you are, what you are looking for and what you will not put up with.

Good luck
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 635
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:34:41 AM
SweetTLC:

If Jack were doing this he'd have you do something with your head line, I don't think that is as important but it is the first or second thing somebody sees so a great one definitely helps. For me the picture is the grabber that's number one, most important. Your first one is good, the 2nd could use some work, the high angle from the camera on top of the computer is very rarely flattering, and the background is often cluttered with stuff you would rather not share with everybody. I like the humor in the writeup about the car wash accidental hosing and wrestling.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 636
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:52:18 AM
celticgal04:
First under dating interests "other stuff" just doesn't cut it, you need to flesh that out, that's one of the ways people find you on here. If you don't tell people who you are they aren't going to take an interest. If your pictures are old, you probably ought to update them, old pictures are better than none, but new is best, try to get one of you doing things you enjoy, let the pictures tell part of your story, that's the first thing people look at when they view your profile, oftentimes the only thing, they can make it or break it. The rest of the writeup seems ok to me, again in my book more is better. anytime somebody asks a good question, consider putting the answer in the write up. The more you tell up front the less surprises later. I guess it depends on wether you want to play the game or fast foward to the rest of your life, I'm all for the fast forward approach.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 637
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:59:02 AM
Rwolf

I'd add a picture, actually I'd add about 5 pictures, how about some of your art too.

The writeup is good. I'd change to alternative music, and rock music so it highlights and is searchable, and flesh out the outdoor and indoor activities.

Hey you owe me a cookie and I want to collect. Macadamia nut white chocolate please
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 638
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:06:54 AM
Dave

We need a lot more about who you are and what you want out of life, who you are looking for, a couple more pictures wouldn't hurt. More interests, give us the whole picture, spend some time on the profile, make people think you are really serious about finding somebody. If you don't have much in your profile, they might think it's not worth the effort to contact you because you didn't bother to spent the time on it.

Whatever I can get away with on a first date does not sound good to me, might be the truth but I would change that.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 639
Posted: 8/19/2005 1:35:49 PM
sugarpie:

Your pictures are ok, I'd add a few more of you doing things you enjoy.

The prefer not to say on the drug question stands out to me, I wish they wouldn't ask that question, I feel there isn't a good answer for that, since a lot of the no answers should be yes but they don't want to answer it, the only answer your pretty sure you can trust is yes, but not many will answer it that way. Prefer not to say, to me means yes but affraid to say it. Again in my book not good, We are are supposed to be open and honest here, right? Bad question. I would much rather see the space dedicated to a question on education, that would do a lot more to separate people, and thats what this site is all about, separating people to help you find the right one. They must have been on drugs when they choose that question. (my oppinion)

A little more write up wouldn't hurt but you have the bases covered.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 640
review
Posted: 8/19/2005 1:42:31 PM
phamilyplotr

I would put more in the write up about what you like, want and what you do, the favorite movie and song is good for people that know those but means nothing to those that don't.

You also should fill in the dating interests with lots of activities you enjoy, that's a way that people can search and find your smiling face.

Your first date is a rather non answer, except for compromise. I think so specifics go over much better there. Like ice cream in the park, or beer at the pub, that tells who you are and what you like to do on a date.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 642
Review mine please
Posted: 8/20/2005 2:26:40 PM
fungirlinnh:

What you have is all good, I would add more to your write up about things that you like to do, how do you spend your free time. Maybe add a few of those things to the dating interests if you have them. A couple more pictures wouldn't hurt, a full body shot is always good, and pics doing things you like or just of things you like.

For everybody wanting to improve their profile: Look at some other profiles and compare them to yours. See what you like and dislike and adjust yours accordingly.
 jheldatksuedu
Msg: 643
Posted: 8/21/2005 2:37:00 PM
bettyboopNga:

I would spice up the headline a little try to make it grab attention. On your dating interests I don't understand what you mean by everyday beauty, you might want to explain that or use some other words. Your first picture is washed out, too bright, it looks like a great picture, super smile, you might try to fix it with a photo editor to reduce the brightness and re submit it. The second picture is OK, I would add a few more of you doing the things you like. In your write up I would refrain from using number for words and I would give more detail about a first date, what would you really like to do?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >