Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kquik
Msg: 62
Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?Page 11 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I kinda hate the question, "So, how come you don't have a boyfriend?" I mean how are you supposed to answer that? "Oh, I guess I'm a little bit psycho!"javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 Sparkopassion
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:19:37 AM
Why is such a nice guy like you still single??
I wouldnt be sat here at the table with you if i knew that!!??? lol
 Sparkopassion
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:26:19 AM
Peanuts...lol
Why do you look so bored? - (shes been talking about lots of ex boyfriends now for half hour or so) thought - Because your boring!

Why have you gone so quiet? - as bread crumbs fly from her mouth at the resturant table - thought - You wont let me get a word in edgeways!
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:44:14 PM
LOL well I have to laugh the dumbest comment I ever had on a date happened one day when I was caught in a rain storm on a way to a resteraunt. My date was inside oblivious to the weather outside.

I came in driping wet from a down pour and apologized to my date for being late. She took one look at me dripping there and said "How did you get wet ?"

I said with a straight face "I ran through a car wash chasing a monkey who had stole my car keys."

hahahahahahahahahaha...wait wait.. I'm not done laughing yet......hehe....haha

Thats sounds like something I would've said to her

that or "I'm sorry, I just got out of the shower"

hahahahaha
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:47:18 PM
ok, for me, it was this

"Do you have a brother?"

no bad I know, what followed my yes was dumb though.

"Is he hot?"

i told her the truth and said this, "He's 13, so, your call"

needless to say, there was no second date.
 meeshcake
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:26:39 AM
I''m laughing at everyone's posts...it's made for an amusing Sunday morning so far.

My best one was after mutally deciding we weren't a match and wouldn't be having any more contact....

Oh by the way..I'm walking in a charity marathon, will you sponsor me?

Now I'm all for giving to charity, but Uh...nope
 whothehellknows
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:12:37 PM
If we click, are you willing to get rid of your cats for me? (er, no)
Really, so you would just put your pets ahead of a human?
(damn right!)

So you think the terrorists should be allowed to just bomb anything and kill people without repercussions? (after I answered her question on my opinion of the Iraq war)

So what do you plan to do with that spare bedroom? (Eventually she got around to hinting she needed a place to stay.)

Do your parents know you date interracially? (WTF? I'm a grown man, I don't care what anyone things about who, what, when, where, etc.)

Are you saved? (check please!)
 bamaangel642002
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:00:21 PM
ok thare was one man who asked me a lot of dube questions on the first date.1 how much money i had.2 what did my husband do for a living befor he passed away3 if i draw a benfcury check off of my husband.about my car.
 musicianandmore
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:36:40 PM
"Do you have a condom, because I'm already pregnant and i don't want to have twins"
TOO funny! I might have said, you don't have to worry about twins but i hope you're not worried about having a puppy tho....sorry stupid doggy joke
 evrybdy
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:07:17 AM
one said, "I don't like anyone touching me, but can we go back to my place?"

still trying to figure out how one works with the other.lol

M
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:10:07 AM
Ok it's more the statements that were made rather than the questions, but I'll throw in a question too. This was a girl I met while working Renaissance Faire and she and I were camping next to each other.

1. I never sleep with anyone on the first date- (we were in her tent at her request)

2. I'm a vampire, no I don't dress Goth or wear fake teeth, I'm a real vampire

3. Can you respect me still? (honestly the only thing wrong with this question is the still)
 Molly Maude
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 4:16:28 PM
DUMBEST question ... 1st off ... he INSISTED on meeting at Subway cuz he said he was on the "Subway diet" ... hmmmm ... ok ... so that's an UNLIKELY place for a 1st date ...

he walked up to me and, while I was looking at the choices, he IMMEDIATELY asked me if I owned my own home or if I rented ... what? I mean ... could we maybe order 1st ???

I couldn't think of what to say so I said, "why? do you sell real estate?"

I mean ... "what?" he never explained ... later he asked other "how much money do you have" sorts of questions ... so I guess he wanted a meal ticket ... at least it was only Subway.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:09:23 PM
when a man who is younger hits on me ~~~~D U H ~~~~~and asks me do you date younger men????????????
what is he a dumbhead??????????
or they don't read my profile and send me a message like
"hi!!!!! your boytoy or play mate is here!"
I am like EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE
not looking for intimate encounters
not looking for other relationship
not looking to hang out

IDIOT DIKHEADS
 uniquelyordinary
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:42:44 PM
Not exactly a question but.........

Quite early on in my online dating experience, I was contacted by a fellow who was just so “enchanted” with me that he HAD to meet me….even though I had cats and he was allergic. The day of the “meet” he emailed me the instructions on how to get ready.

I was to lock the cats in another room. Vacuum the apartment. Wash and dry my clothes. Immediately put them in a plastic bag. Take my shower. Put my clothes on (that had been protected by the plastic bag). And walk directly out of the apartment without touching anything.

After much thought (3 seconds), I emailed him back that this just wasn’t going to work and wished him the best in his search for a dander-free woman.
 mlt71
Msg: 76
Posted: 4/29/2009 5:55:39 PM
Do all black men have big penis

I answer it like this
I am not gay so I don't know
What I do know my is big
 catkin2007
Msg: 77
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:45:01 PM
What are you doing on a dating site?
 Zerotology
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:25:37 AM
Hmm. I see a lot of complaints about questions about the internet sites. I always start out IM conversations that way. If it goes from email to phone, then I'll bring it up on the phone if the conversation lags. But, I do want to hear what she has to say and how she expresses her experiences with others. So for me, those questions are long gone before any date.

So I guess all I can say is if people are out on dates with people who ask stupid questions, they aren't doing much homework before the big day...........LOL
 spiker911
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2009 6:32:57 AM
Sounds like a New Yorker, No Respect. What was he a Pervert?
 Nikkiw316
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:08:22 PM
Now, I won't deny the importance of the topic when you're dating someone... However, I wasn't comfortable with being asked with delivery of the appetizers on a first date... "So, do you have any STDs?" After the shock wore off from that one...it was soon followed up by..."So, how long do I have to wait to have sex with you?" I bit my tongue, made it through the meal...and when he said "So, I'll call you tomorrow?" I plainly said..."Don't bother, in fact... lose my number!"
 MsYesterday
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/3/2009 7:38:33 PM
My dear-you should have answered,I am not really that tall -to a short man I appear to be tall...lol(I am tall too)
 misszmsz
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/6/2009 5:45:59 PM
He asked me if I gave good head.

I left immediately and he called me the next day and asked if he had offended me.
 C0C064
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/13/2009 11:53:56 PM
To Zeelibrarian... AMEN SISTER!!!
 techgirl27
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2009 12:18:26 AM
I dont have a 1st date experience I can quote but dumbest question Ive been asked was a few months ago, while I was sporting my usual Red Sox cap. Someone asked if I was a Boston fan.

Uhhh let me think..uhhh... that's not why I'm wearnig their cap....duh... uh..whatever...yeah. Wtf?
 13igB
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:25:52 AM
I'm tall too so I usually get asked if I play basketball. I don't and generally find it a boring question, along with "How tall are you?" I listed it in my profile... but the answer I've used recently is to reply :"I'm not tall just Venti."
 valenciacityx
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/15/2009 11:16:57 AM
You would be lucky to get off with the feel of a job interview.... If all we're going to do is lob question grenades at each other, I will go full tilt interrogation mode.

Dont know about the worst question, but the rock on the finger when someone is "single" is probably the worst I have been through. Thats a no fly zone, thanks for playing.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?