Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 capturedsunshine
Msg: 51
Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
A guy I met once:

Him: So, I hope you don't expect for me to always pay for everything. I expect you to pick up the tab once in a while.

Me: ????

Him: I'm saving for a trip to Italy. If I'm always spending my money on you, I won't be able to go to Italy.

Me: Then I'll make it easy for you. You won't have to worry about spending ANY money on me.

I then got up and left the restaurant. And left him with the bill for the food, that I had hardly touched.
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 52
Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?
Posted: 6/20/2007 11:56:18 AM
dumb questions I've been asked on a first DATE ( first time to meet):

Is that your car? How much is the payment?
How old are you really?
How much money do you make?
How come your not married?
So, am I attractive?
Do you rent or own? how much is your mortgage payment?
Are those real?

I could go on but why relive those memories?

verygreeneyez
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:27:53 PM
"Are those your real eyes????"

Errr, no...I just picked them up on my way over to meet you. Hmmm.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 4:08:31 PM
"Do you think I look like my picture" I whip out a Twix bar...munch...munch...mumble mumble...munch
Sarcastic answer you'd like to give. Yeah, sure do, knew it was you right off. Just like your pic, two eyes, nose in between....couldn't have missed it. You did look taller standing next to the midget, though....hmm. *snicker*
 fun-in-the-sun64
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 1:26:38 AM
I was there and I still can't believe this one.

"How come you're not looking at my breasts? Aren't you into me?"
 ladywyatt
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/8/2007 6:14:24 AM
" So what sexual positions do you like?"
 SergeantOz
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:55:42 PM
HA HA HA ............. so it is not just weird people Downunder who say dumb things ?

- "Will you come to my sisters wedding to P**S off my ex boyfriend for me ?"

- "Look I am not interested in you - but would you like to meet my sister ? "

- "If you pay for dinner, would you want me to have sex with you tonight ?" I just had to suddenly go home due to an urgent call.

- "How much do you earn, as you probably cannot afford to take me out to dinner later tonight ?" She got the shock when I stood up and said I am semi-retired, so don't need to work to live and promptly left her with the $10.00 bill (check)".

- Had a few on a first date who have said "Can you pay, as I need to get to an ATM soon and on 1 occassion I pointed to an ATM (being nice) and was called a bar-stard because I was being polite. I don't mind paying but don't be a biatch first.

- "Can you lend me $" ............... I feel a blow to the spine a few times this has been asked of me on a 1st date.

- "Can we go past and pick up my friend ........ he needs a lift ........ ". I become rude and just say NO and ask if she would like me to drive her home if I collected her".
 1MamaWrndUAbout
Msg: 58
Posted: 7/12/2007 6:17:45 AM
Is that YOUR car? Is it paid for?

How come you can’t get second and third dates with Girls? Maybe because when I meet them they are a LOT like you????? I didn’t say that but I wanted to... AND… I have been asked that in countless emails and IMs.

Simply out of the blue during the middle of dinner “I don’t have sex on the first date. You will have to ask me out again for that”. OMG... Where did THAT come from????

How come you’re not married?

Can't you find someone closer to home to date?

You must have some deep dark secret or skeletons in your closet. You are a VERY handsome man and if there wasn't SOMETHING wrong you wouldn't be single.

“How many Girls have you had sex with”? Uhhhhh “How many from POF”?

How many Girls have you talked to from POF?

What kind of financial plans have you made for retirement?
 sxyvirgo
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/12/2007 7:28:57 AM
...as we were getting up to leave the restaurant - if I would "twirl around" for him since he hadn't really had a chance to see me as I was walking up to him! This after spending the entire date talking about him... uhm, yeah....date over!
 utoo121
Msg: 60
Posted: 7/12/2007 9:51:08 AM
Okay...

1.) Did you get a large settlement when your husband died?
2.) My debit card was put throught the wash and it won't work... can I borrow yours?
3.) My ... you are tall... Have you always been this tall? (6'1")
4.) Can you wrap your legs around me? (I have very long legs)
5.) Can I shave you?
6.) Will you get your nipples pierced for me?
7.) Why (not how) did your husband die?
8.) Does your son miss him?
9.) Can I suck on your toes? really.....
10.) not on a date... but an IM... why won't you date a shorter guy... I would just love to smash my face between your tits!
 Lovelygirl88
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:54:03 AM
LOL This is hillarious.
So long as she is 18 yrs +
 kquik
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/22/2008 10:54:46 PM
I kinda hate the question, "So, how come you don't have a boyfriend?" I mean how are you supposed to answer that? "Oh, I guess I'm a little bit psycho!"javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')javascript:smilie('')
 Sparkopassion
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:19:37 AM
Why is such a nice guy like you still single??
I wouldnt be sat here at the table with you if i knew that!!??? lol
 Sparkopassion
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 6:26:19 AM
Peanuts...lol
Why do you look so bored? - (shes been talking about lots of ex boyfriends now for half hour or so) thought - Because your boring!

Why have you gone so quiet? - as bread crumbs fly from her mouth at the resturant table - thought - You wont let me get a word in edgeways!
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:44:14 PM
LOL well I have to laugh the dumbest comment I ever had on a date happened one day when I was caught in a rain storm on a way to a resteraunt. My date was inside oblivious to the weather outside.

I came in driping wet from a down pour and apologized to my date for being late. She took one look at me dripping there and said "How did you get wet ?"

I said with a straight face "I ran through a car wash chasing a monkey who had stole my car keys."

hahahahahahahahahaha...wait wait.. I'm not done laughing yet......hehe....haha

Thats sounds like something I would've said to her

that or "I'm sorry, I just got out of the shower"

hahahahaha
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:47:18 PM
ok, for me, it was this

"Do you have a brother?"

no bad I know, what followed my yes was dumb though.

"Is he hot?"

i told her the truth and said this, "He's 13, so, your call"

needless to say, there was no second date.
 meeshcake
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:26:39 AM
I''m laughing at everyone's posts...it's made for an amusing Sunday morning so far.

My best one was after mutally deciding we weren't a match and wouldn't be having any more contact....

Oh by the way..I'm walking in a charity marathon, will you sponsor me?

Now I'm all for giving to charity, but Uh...nope
 whothehellknows
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:12:37 PM
If we click, are you willing to get rid of your cats for me? (er, no)
Really, so you would just put your pets ahead of a human?
(damn right!)

So you think the terrorists should be allowed to just bomb anything and kill people without repercussions? (after I answered her question on my opinion of the Iraq war)

So what do you plan to do with that spare bedroom? (Eventually she got around to hinting she needed a place to stay.)

Do your parents know you date interracially? (WTF? I'm a grown man, I don't care what anyone things about who, what, when, where, etc.)

Are you saved? (check please!)
 bamaangel642002
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:00:21 PM
ok thare was one man who asked me a lot of dube questions on the first date.1 how much money i had.2 what did my husband do for a living befor he passed away3 if i draw a benfcury check off of my husband.about my car.
 musicianandmore
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:36:40 PM
"Do you have a condom, because I'm already pregnant and i don't want to have twins"
TOO funny! I might have said, you don't have to worry about twins but i hope you're not worried about having a puppy tho....sorry stupid doggy joke
 evrybdy
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:07:17 AM
one said, "I don't like anyone touching me, but can we go back to my place?"

still trying to figure out how one works with the other.lol

M
 sonofabiscuit2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:10:07 AM
Ok it's more the statements that were made rather than the questions, but I'll throw in a question too. This was a girl I met while working Renaissance Faire and she and I were camping next to each other.

1. I never sleep with anyone on the first date- (we were in her tent at her request)

2. I'm a vampire, no I don't dress Goth or wear fake teeth, I'm a real vampire

3. Can you respect me still? (honestly the only thing wrong with this question is the still)
 Molly Maude
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 4:16:28 PM
DUMBEST question ... 1st off ... he INSISTED on meeting at Subway cuz he said he was on the "Subway diet" ... hmmmm ... ok ... so that's an UNLIKELY place for a 1st date ...

he walked up to me and, while I was looking at the choices, he IMMEDIATELY asked me if I owned my own home or if I rented ... what? I mean ... could we maybe order 1st ???

I couldn't think of what to say so I said, "why? do you sell real estate?"

I mean ... "what?" he never explained ... later he asked other "how much money do you have" sorts of questions ... so I guess he wanted a meal ticket ... at least it was only Subway.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:09:23 PM
when a man who is younger hits on me ~~~~D U H ~~~~~and asks me do you date younger men????????????
what is he a dumbhead??????????
or they don't read my profile and send me a message like
"hi!!!!! your boytoy or play mate is here!"
I am like EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEE
not looking for intimate encounters
not looking for other relationship
not looking to hang out

IDIOT DIKHEADS
 uniquelyordinary
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:42:44 PM
Not exactly a question but.........

Quite early on in my online dating experience, I was contacted by a fellow who was just so “enchanted” with me that he HAD to meet me….even though I had cats and he was allergic. The day of the “meet” he emailed me the instructions on how to get ready.

I was to lock the cats in another room. Vacuum the apartment. Wash and dry my clothes. Immediately put them in a plastic bag. Take my shower. Put my clothes on (that had been protected by the plastic bag). And walk directly out of the apartment without touching anything.

After much thought (3 seconds), I emailed him back that this just wasn’t going to work and wished him the best in his search for a dander-free woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dumbest question you've been asked on 1st date?