Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grizzelda
Msg: 38
view profile
History
why are some woman afraid of admitting that they like sex?Page 9 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Can I ask why you feel that the world needs to know that you like sex? I frankly couldnt care less about your sexuality and I am sure that most people dont either. Does that in some way imply that I dont like sex, because I dont feel the need to share that information to anyone that will listen?
Maybe I will start a thread entitled Why do some women feel the need to share information about their sexual habits that I dont care about?
Why is that there is an automatic assumption that because I dont feel the need to share personal information about my sex life that I am a prude or somehow hate sex?
I am frankly amazed at how quick some people are to make a snap judgement that most women are so f*ucked up about sex and are comfortable in their knowledge about women and their sexuality that they do not hesitate to make these claims of sexual disfunction because someone starts hypothetical thread.
 grizzelda
Msg: 42
view profile
History
why are some woman afraid of admitting that they like sex?
Posted: 4/15/2007 9:34:27 AM
Op Your thread is based on a speculation on your part based on a hypothetical situation that women are afraid to "admit" they like sex. You are making a generalization about women that probably isnt all that accurate. My point to you is that most people do not go around and share personal matters for public consumption. So having said that, this may be why you are jumping to the conclusion that women are afraid of "admitting" they like sex. I simply told you what I think as you have asked me to.
Generally the word admit has a negative conotation to it and by using this word you are implying a sense of shame/guilt about women and their sexuality that does not necessarily exist.
 grizzelda
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:28:02 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You responded before I was able to finish my post. I am not sure how this will affect teen pregnancy?

Kapt I am not flaming the OP just stating my thoughts. And I am sure that the OP is more than able to further articulate her position without you riding to her rescue. By using the wording SOME vs ALL certainly doesnt make an argument any more valid. I have searched for her "insadent" as you pointed out and the only thing I can find is this:

"see i've talked to guys about this and some say that for a woman admitting she likes sex gives them a feeling thats its ok to flirt but they don't assume that she'll jump on them the first chance she gets"

She has spoken to guys about a subject that she is assuming is happening and using their assumptions on a supposed situation to base a fact on. Not to women who supposedly have this problem.

I am not uncomfortable discussing this subject. I just dont see the need to discuss it with strangers or people that I have yet decided are in need of this information. Making the statement that I like sex does not make me better or more sexually well adjusted than someone else and that is what she is implying here.
 grizzelda
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 3:22:48 PM
Angel. These are not my personal experiences, these are points made in reference to many of the other people that posted their assumptions about why someone wouldnt discuss their sexuality. Now I will admit that I did target my comments to the OP rather than the people making these assertions and that was my error. What I took offense to is why are we so quick to assume that women are somehow "broken" or view sex as something dirty because they dont openly discuss their personal information. I have to say that I am a little surprised that many of these "assumptions" were being made by women. Please note that I did not make any assumptions about the OP in her openly expressing her sexuality.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/16/2007 7:43:36 AM
I like that its a woman asking the question instead of a man. You get props.

We're going to try to fuk you regards if you say you like or not. It don't matter. But i would like for women to stop trying to be so self righteous about there stuff when they do dirt also.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:08:44 AM
I've heard that before Dana Doright.

I've matched and surpased them with the number of times.

In other words you have someone that can match your sexual drive out there.
 a1969baby
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/16/2007 11:09:29 PM
Ok, I will quote what one woman told me which was incredibly rare for this to be said by a woman. Women like sex, there's no doubt about it, but it's all about emotions then the actual act of sex. This woman said, "With a woman, sex is more emotional, with a man, sex is more physical. A woman has to have some sort of feelings for the man, where a man just has to have an errection for the woman." So with that in mind, I'm guessing the reason why women aren't as open about sex as a man is, is BECAUSE a man would think that woman wants sex with them if she talks about it. Especially when it comes to chatting online when it's hard to determine a persons meaning behind the words. It's very seldom that a woman just comes right out and says what's on her mind because she doesn't want a man taking it the wrong way and thinking something else. Lets face it, men ALWAYS have sex on their minds. It's a scientific fact that sex is embedded into a mans genetic make up to always want it and for women, the "biological clock" is the same aspect, but women aren't as open about it as men. Why? Because over the years society has made sex a dirty thing. Just think about it. Not long ago, women weren't allowed to wear pants or dresses that were above the ankle and they had to have almost every part of their body covered in clothing from the neck down. But society is becoming more relaxed these days, but it still holds true that women aren't as open about sex as a man is. MOST, not all, but MOST women wouldn't ever consier having sex on the first date with a man they just met, but MOST, not all, but MOST men would jump into bed with the first woman they found attractive on the first date. It's all about how society and upbringing has made us as individuals and how we talk about sex. Women just aren't as open about talking about it and they all have their own reasons. Most likely because they think if a man starts in talking sex, he's a perverted pig and only wants sex and nothing more. I talk about anything and everything that comes into a conversation and if sex does happen to fall into it somehow, so be it, but I'm one of the few that don't think a woman wants sex just because she talks about it.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/18/2007 5:42:03 PM
kikirnw (OP),

That's a ridiculous question. There's no stereotype that women won't 'admit' they like sex (ie they'll say no if the question is asked). Many women will say, "I like sex, BUT [insert phrase to promote goody-goody mindset]". Some women are afraid of admitting that they like *eroticism* or the craving of sex... they don't want to 'sound like a slut', and have been conditioned that way most likely. Usually due to guys having sonic hearing in bars over loud music if a woman were to utter such words. :)
 Sekhet
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 8:15:31 AM
LOOOOVVVVVEEEE it..... enough said....
 tchofclas
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2007 6:03:51 AM
I remember a shrink saying sex is like going to a restaurant, if the food is good, you will want to go back, if it isn't, you won't. Does that mean if the food wasn't good, you are a person who doesn't like to eat? Of course not! And in the same analogy, probably someone who has never had good food eats to live, not vice versa. But as to the original subject, I think it would have to relate to the circumstances. Flaunting it on a profile to me would be just that, flaunting it. Everything has a time and place , IMHO. But to not let the man you are having it with know you like it, can't imagine, though I've always felt actions speak louder than words. Maybe if you aren't admitting you like it at that particular time, it's because you aren't enjoying it at that time? I do think one's feelings about sex are a strong result of upbringing, but by becoming educated, you can get over the negative ones, just as people who may be illiterate can get help and learn to read. But like most things, first you have to want to. Guess maybe I'm kind of thinking/writing out loud, probably making myself clear as mud, lol!
 *buzz*
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2007 8:32:55 AM
Well, it depends who I would share my inner feelings and desires with.
P.S.
I do like sharing my likings behind the close doors, yes I do
 *~MisskriS~*
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/27/2007 2:09:51 AM
I'm not afraid to admit it sometimes i think im worse then a guy ... I LOVE GOOD SEX
 *~MisskriS~*
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/2/2007 4:39:54 AM
just because a person admits to enjoying sex doesn't make them a whore .
A whore is a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.
 §püngl䧧
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/6/2007 6:36:09 PM
I think I remember that I love it??? hahahaha
 trini41161
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/12/2007 7:44:20 AM
I HAVE A WOMAN AND WHEN I WANT TO HAVE SEX I HAVE TO ASK ABOUT TWO DAYS OR SOMETIMES TWO WEEKS BEFORE I GET IT AND WHEN I GET IT SHE DOES MORE MOVEING THAN ME, I KNOW THAT SHE LOVE IT BUT DONT KNOW WHY SHE SAY ALL ON MY MIND IS SEX,SEX,SEX,AND SHE ALWAYS HAVE SOME EXCUSE IF ITS NOT HER HEAD HURTING ITS SHE IS TIRED,ORSLEEPY,OR SEEING HER MONTHLY,ALWAYS SOMETHING,BOTTOM LINE I WANT PLENTY SEX BECAUSE I LOVE IT.
 ZooteeNyc
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 9:11:56 AM
I don't think it's so much that women are afraid of admitting that they like sex, but rather than timing or we are a little more picky than men. I know I am going going to get bashed for that...lol. Mens' minds are more focused on getting sex, while women tend to be a little more emotionally involved. I know not all women, but I would think the majority. Personally, I don't have to be in love with the person to have sex, but I do need to feel comfortable with the man to enjoy it. I get emails and instant messages, "Do you like sex?" no "Hi, Hello or How are you." Right then and there, I know its not going to work out. So I dont even respond, and then I am considered a prude or must not like it. Why would I get into that conversation with someone I haven't spoken with before, unless I was looking for cyber sex. I have even had first dates, ask that same question.
How do you answer:
"I don't like sex, I love it, but it just ain't gonna happen with you?" (That is if you are not interested.)

"Sure, I love it, matter fact lets go find out if we are any good at it...lol." (That being your interested.)
 innocentantic
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 10:03:46 AM
What I didn't see mentioned in this topic (sorry, didn't read all 8 pages) is something I noticed in the first couple of posts by the OP. It seems like the OP is running into many women that do not want to talk about sex, or are not admitting that they like it. The real problem could be how you are bringing it up, or WHEN you are bringing it up. I wouldn't expect a woman to talk about sex with just any guy, that they know would like to date them. There is a dynamic involved in mating that goes beyond social mores. It isn't just something the 21st Century should cure. It's a natural selection process.

In order to talk about sex with a woman you are attempting to date, it is best for sex to be a possibility between the two of you first. Otherwise, she is going to have a big reason to be turned off by your forwardness and have much reason to tell you that "she doesn't like sex" or anything of the ilk to push you away. The truth is that she does like sex, she just doesn't want to talk about it with you, because you are uncouth. Attract women with more than flashing your genitals, and you'll have many more opportunities to talk to them about their sexual preferences.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/27/2007 7:44:59 PM
I guess because it's not anyone's business unless he's naked in the same room with me. That would be my guess.
 marty09
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2007 10:16:28 PM
Unfortunately typecasts' are only perpetuated through either gossip, jealousy or bragging. What happens in ones love life should stay between the two people involved. Now, for the other two situations: Everyone from family to friends and even co-workers find it difficult to sometimes see others happy and satisfied with a partner in their life. Thus they will do ironic or malicious things to tarnish two people's lives who wink at each other or smile for no apparent reason. So what women enjoy sex as much as men, it's nobody's business except for the man and woman who are enjoying each other.
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2007 9:42:44 AM
i never met anyone like that before.
hell everybody i know loves sex!
 fancynanci
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2008 9:39:25 AM
Afraid? Who is afraid? I love sex. I have always loved sex. I will always love sex.
 MsMicki
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:49:43 PM
Huh? What women?
Not sure I know any women that aren't willing to admit they love sex.
Some of will even admit we love it a tad too much!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >