Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 53
Etiquette for adding a person to favorites listPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^^^

The site has levelled the playing field!! No longer will we know if someone has 189 on 0 favorites!!

We still can see who has added us as favorites, just don't get the numbers posted. Not hard to take, and there is another thread on the topic.

(Think I may move to Greenville South Carolina!!)
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 56
Etiquette for adding a person to favorites list
Posted: 8/26/2009 2:28:34 PM
^^^
Now instead of the last 5 posts, you get to see the last 25 threads they posted in!!

We are all a bit snoopy when it comes to knowing what other people might have said, oh these are public forums, so we aren't sooping, we are gleaning information.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/16/2011 5:22:22 PM
If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

I use the favorites to remind me
1:) of whom I have sent a note to, or
2:)of whom I would like to send a note to or
3:)of whom I would love to get a reply back from!

The latter is usually the part that is most excellently upsetting, as nothing comes back.

The best way to meet someone from this site is to attend events, OH wait, they don't happen as often anymore, so will some one please get a meet and greet organized!!
 beenhereatimeor2
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/16/2011 5:29:20 PM
Zoot organized meet n greet over wings at Amsterdam Rhino next Wednesday, Aug 24.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14558353.aspx
 2magical
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/22/2011 6:21:47 PM
I got tired of sending out notes to say "hi, blah blah" and getting no response. So I added a note on my profile that states that if I put you on my favs its my way of flirting so drop me a line. I have gotten more polite responses this way rather than wasting my time with notes. Sad, so sad that people cant even write back to say Thank you for the favs compliment but I am not interested. ... guess some people just got no manners.
 _shakti_
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/31/2011 11:17:22 AM
Well, at least the number no longer shows on your profile

I add my favorite people from the forums and the occasional local guy if I'm enjoying the conversations. I don't warn them beforehand, I assume that they will figure it out eventually and if they don't like it, they can simply remove themselves..
 dddiesel
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/6/2011 1:51:25 PM
BBBut that was last year me J, i am on my way to the atm as we speak
 GrandeCash
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:01:29 PM
I never check out my favourites list. Usually, when I don't have time to message the person, I add her into my favourites, but then I noticed that she took herself off my list.

So I don't bother messaging back, I figure she wasn't interested probably.
 Pretty RI Lady
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:19:38 AM
Well I've perused the replies to this thread because I, too, was wondering why I was made a favorite several times and why only two of the people have actually contacted me. So I should either:

--take it as a compliment and let it be

--take it as a hint and contact those people if I'm interested

--ignore it completely

--assume that if I was not contacted at a later date, than those people changed their minds
 Allan Anger
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:33:21 PM
I had a joint profile, bout 20 years ago, then i decided to get a dislocation...lol
 Allan Anger
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/30/2011 1:36:48 PM
I dis agree,,,not that it means anything, but on Facebook, or here, lots of "Smiles", and whats her name has sent a gift", send me a message. No need for a "Gift" Some, or, well, a couple, have been very interested in, but get a daily gift...Friggin annoying.
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/12/2012 9:11:14 PM
you would probably add me then ;)
 optimismfirst
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:58:20 AM
random people add me to their fave list all the time.
its kind of creepy without even messaging?
I thought its to remember some ones profile, be friendly and than send a message.
If they add me, i have no desire to contact them first.
If you found something that interests you and added me to that, than message me? dont just have me there or ill remove you. I wait few days first. but it doesn't do anything, so i don't really care.
 optimismfirst
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/13/2012 10:59:45 AM

I know it may be rude, but if someone adds me to their faves list and does not contact me, I delete them! It's kinda creepy. What do they want? Just to know when I was last online?

that's exactly how i feel lol
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/2/2012 5:07:26 AM
hmm i add ppl that i find interesting, if they add me back ill message them if not ill delete em after a few wks , pretty simple uncommited way of showing interest . why waste time messaging someone who isnt interested enough to favorite you?
 AlphaxFemale
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/2/2012 10:41:17 AM
I personally only add someone to my favorites list if I've met them in person and we're still talking.
Otherwise there's really no reason for me to favorite anyone.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:47:23 PM
Used to track how many emails I've sent and to whom, and if a note back from them is not received, after 2 weeks they are deleted..currently have no favorites!!!!!!
 Justatrubblemakr
Msg: 76
Posted: 5/2/2012 3:50:21 PM
i dont understand why add someone to favorites after you already talking? lol the emails or phone number exchange should establish the idea of friendships. i look at who favorited me and if im interested ill email them or fave them back , if not i delete them , kinda like a non interested idea
 raicor
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/31/2012 7:17:11 PM
if you do not want to draw any attention and go back later to read a persons profile, you can add their profile page link as a favorite or bookmark in your browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.). yes, that's right... IT for the last twenty years. :) never use favorites in here. well, unless you want the attention of course.

happy days.
 musicminusone
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/20/2012 7:01:00 AM
I agree with some posts above that "favorite-ing" is just another word for "bookmarking". There is no reason to make a big deal out of it. If and when contact is made, so be it. It's a good convenience. But one thing that puzzles me is that the system seems to keep shuffling the order of the favorites when I return to give them another look. This makes it hard to keep straight whom I've contacted, even with that note feature.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/15/2013 10:33:49 PM
Well, it's one thing to add someone when your profile is open and viewable. It's another thing to add someone when your profile is hidden, and you're only here for the forums. Especially when said person keeps adding you, after you've removed them.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/16/2013 10:43:26 PM
^^^^
The problem isn't that you have "hidden" your profile, the problem is you have been added to hsomeones{/i] favorites list and therefore you are not hidden. You have to go to the list that says " who added you" and delete yourself them from that list, while staying "hidden" anyone that has added you or you have added will still be able to see your profile.

At least that's how it has been in the past, but with all the changes happening it may have changed, but I don't think so.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2013 8:06:46 AM
It's a great place to use as my disingenuous file.People that are inviting and down to earth and welcome
all messages.These are where I have more than 4 or 5 things in common.Basically where the liars are.
 tyriael_soban
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/11/2013 1:10:59 AM
i fav people if i want to message them later, or find their profile later so i can read it in detail.
i remove them if they dont respond though.
Posted: 6/19/2016 2:37:34 PM
It maybe different for the ladies, but scammers use favorites as bookmarks, so if you're a guy I would just delete them
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  >