Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Looking For......
Msg: 61
Things that will most likley get you read/deleted after only one message...Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
how about just saying hi, you wanna chat? that can get your message deleted pretty quick i have noticed. crazy world hey.
 kane stays
Msg: 63
Things that will most likley get you read/deleted after only one message...
Posted: 8/18/2008 4:17:58 PM
I will not share my ice cream with you so don't ask. Asking will get you deleted. I might after many years of knowing you, share,but only if I have won a life time supply.
 Coach Andrew
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/25/2008 10:32:17 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle on this. I love to write, and I'm good at it, so I don't mind getting into an e-mail conversation. Unfailingly, however, these conversations lose their steam and start to fall apart as some things aren't responded to, or things get misunderstood (causing one of those "Well I nevah!" exclamations), or one or the other person is a letter or two behind. I assert you should have gone to the phones before this has happened, and then no more e-mail except of the "I'm thinking of you" or "What's up for this weekend?" variety.

Ultimately, I think the context should be led by what your purpose is in communicating with someone. If the purpose is to meet and find out if there is a connection, then it would serve you to quickly find some common ground in e-mail, and then graduate to instant messages or the phone. The phone gives a completely different dynamic, and it could push things in a different direction. I'm an aural person, and I am not attracted to a deep, masculine cigarette smoke-scarred voice coming out of a woman's mouth (though I suppose if it involved me saying "Demi, come back to bed," I could get over it). I've had intense e-mail conversations die on the vine within minutes of hearing the voice. It sorta kinda reminds me of when the "Talkies" were replaced with sound movies after 1927 -- some major stars of the silent film era instantly lost their careers once put in front of a microphone for the first time.
 celts123
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:05:07 PM
Looks are the number # 1 reason why a email is read / deleted. A man could have a great profile and send a well written email to a woman. The email would still get deleted if she doesn't like his photo.
 mcbobly
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:19:24 PM
Another thing that will get your message read/deleted is not being a major hottie or a total hunk, trust me. I have sent numerous messages, decent ones I might add, that went read/deleted. I have found that is your don't have a certain "look" many times you will also get read/deleted, pretty shallow if you ask me to at least not send some sort of reply.
 jammers63074
Msg: 77
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:06:53 PM
I put exactly what I was looking for on my profile. I put up several pictures so someone could get a true feel for the way I look. I've sent out a few 'I'd like to know more about you' emails. A few have been nice to send me an emails saying "No thanks". I could get a million deletes. All I need is one good one to reply to find what I'm looking for. I'm not out to see what I can do to get more responses. I am just out to get that ONE GOOD reply. 8)
 celts123
Msg: 78
Posted: 8/27/2008 8:07:14 PM
Anytime a man mentions that he doesn't get many positive responses to his emails, a segment of women will assume some combination of the following.

A) He didn't send quality emails
B) He clearly didn't read the profile.
C) He has unrealistic expectations and only emails the hot chicks or women that "are out of his league".

These things might be true for some men. But not me. I was on another dating date several years ago.

A). None of my emails were one liners, poorly written, crude etc. On the other hand, most of the women who contacted me first didn't even send me an email. They just sent me a wink.

B. I only contacted women when I matched many of the things they were looking for or even we clearly had some common interests.

C. I emailed attractive women and average looking women. Most women from both groups weren't interested in me. Some women also have unrealistic expectations. An average looking man could contact a bunch of average looking men and most of them would reject him because of looks.
 itsmekenny
Msg: 80
Posted: 8/27/2008 9:11:31 PM
That's probably why most women don't respond to my messages, because I always send them a phone number. One thing I will never do is engage in typing chat. Because I have no way of knowing if the person I'm talking to is male or female. Having a voice conversation in Yahoo messenger can be interesting because we can actually play games while we're talking, and in playing games intends to break the ice to the point where both of us are actually laughing and having fun. But relying on computers and technology has its limits when I'm trying to get to know a woman, and I will not text message anybody. I want to actually meet the woman face to face and see her as a human being and not just a voice on the computer.

If after seeing my phone number in a message the woman decides to delete the message then I have no interest in her in the first place which makes it her loss because I'm really one hell of a great guy. Even though my profile may not sound like I am. But then again I am looking for a specific woman with a specific interest, and when that woman finds my profile she will instantly write me a message wanting to make immediate contact. And I know the woman will do just exactly that because that's the kind of woman i'm looking for, a woman who does not react and want to make this contact is someone I have no interest in.

So you women can read and delete my message all you want because you're not what I'm looking for in the first place. I know there are women like this out there, and I know there's a lot of them right here where I live, the hard part is finding them. But sooner or later I'll find one, and both myself and the woman will find enough compatibility to make for a great relationship
 SuzukiSamurai
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/30/2008 10:30:41 AM
Jammers63074 said it best, out of everyone on this thread. I agree - Let people know what you look like, put some thought into your profile, don't get overly wordy in your first emails/messages. If a person offers up a phone number or email address, don't be so quick to delete - it could mean nothing at all. If they pester you for your phone number, then you may have room for concern. I firmly believe that it is better to not try to fake people out with "pretty boy" type pictures, phoney-sounding descriptions and saying things I wouldn't say to my mother. As far as the women who are so shallow that they'll delete my message without getting to know me; it'll be their loss..I can deal with that. One day they'll be old and alone, just like Lola at the Copa Cabana.

Respond to messages/start your friendship with an open mind but keep your guard up until you feel safe to let it down. By just deleting someone, you may be running the risk of losing the greatest person you will ever know. I put alot of thought into my profile; everything I wrote is 100% accurate and from the heart. I believe the vast majority of women just want someone to love and protect them. To treat them like a queen, to put them first and in return they will give their heart freely and without reservation. I may not have MarkWalberg abs but I have something that I think very few guys have and that I think alot of women would desire in a mate. It's up to the ladies to decide if they want to take a chance-I will say this, it'll be the best decision they'll ever make.
 SuzukiSamurai
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/31/2008 10:03:22 AM
I agree with the last 3 posters..100%
 simbagirl123
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 3:58:49 PM
I think moon fish is all talk. Those that make such comments probably never get any emails anyway.
 greysa
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/21/2009 4:40:08 PM
hahah cool the rules i was lookin for these lol. man some guys do stupid things YES most times these stupid things have or are involing women (this is not bad, its chemical inbalance) to much blood down stairs maybe hahah i have found myself making some such mistakes and wonder how it all works. to me i'd like to get to know the person asap (i dont want all my time spent in front of computer) i think im not too bad a guy (does this mean i have tickets lol)and believe that other people should try and stick to the same thing and i can chat/get to now one another but not as well as in person i have suggested fishing at the boat harbour (as bad as it sounds to some girls) now i thought this would be good as its not a big thing and you dont even have to get dressed up. nice and casual not formal and its hard to keep up false apperences while yr fishing and id much rather see someone when say they just got out of bed (not being rude here so save it)or when they're off fishin then when they have spent 3 hours in front of mirror and yes i know girls like to make themselves beautiful and thats a good thing but seeing them in before mentioned means you get to see the person yr concidering giving yr heart to not the person you get to go out with but only after three hours lol and champion effort to the girls that can get it going in ten champion effort so smash me out of the park or whatever on my view just to make it better yeap im male i only read like the first two lines and chucked this up so have fun lol ok just read last bit hehe why am i in a hurry im not really in a hurry but i want to find out quickly if the person i chat too is for real or a email full of lies the scammers out. there so next time a fresh face jumps on yr profile wanting to meet maybe a little bit of understandin (remember we are males hahaha) and let him now where to find the rules or at least explain it to him a bit before you delete mybe he dosn't know yr rules we not mind readers ok now i prepare to duck and weave hehe have fun G.
 karma1160
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/26/2009 1:34:20 PM
I agree if someone wants to talk to me they can do it here first. Why should I give out my personal email addresses to people I don't even know.
 EverlongLimit
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 10:30:57 PM
I have to agree with whatagirlwants07 on this one. A lot of aspects are missing from the conversation on the internet as opposed to meeting in person where there is body language instead of smileys and laughter instead of just "lol". Don't forget the annoying red underlines that come up. It is much more fulfilling to have a conversation in person and keep internet communication short. You can't really tell a person's true colors online anyway. Besides if a person is interested in meeting why not make him meet in front of a municipal court or even in it. If a person requested that to me, I wouldn't mind, I don't have anything to hide.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 5:30:05 AM
I think UNread/deleted is probably usually someone clearing out an impossible mountain of unanswered mail to get a fresh start, like after a holiday or illness.

Now, READ/DELETED.. heck, there's not really anything nasty there. I sometimes get replies from people who have deleted my e-mail. Some people habitually delete mail once they read it. Now, READ/BLOCKED, that's a negative reaction for sure.

Other people still keep my mail there after sending a "thanks but no thanks." Don't take the mail status that seriously.
ED BEAR
 redkatt
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2009 10:16:07 AM
Oh really there are sooooooooooo many things that can be added to this list, this list is quite possibly endless. But here are a few excepts from first contact e-mails I've received that I will never take seriously (ever).......

1. I was blow away by your erotic beauty.
-Oh please I'm throwing up right now....lol

2. Your so sexy.
-Really!? How the heck would you know, we've never even met!

3. How about you steal me away from my boring girlfriend?
-Since I'm not a thief and have morels - thanks but no thanks!

4. I want you.
-Wow, how very sleazy!

5. My personal favorite....I'm horny, can you help me out?
- Might I suggest you go f*ck yourself then, lol.

I do agree with the OP here, some men (and some woman for that matter) totally miss the mark and simply do not understand that a person such as myself will not bother responding to someone who truly put's no effort into beginning a true dialog. A first message to another is your first impression - REMEMBER THAT!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/26/2009 11:14:14 AM
1. Your pics are not attractive in her eyes (due to raw lack of attraction on your part, poorly taken pics, or scary/wtf pics). The simplest and by far most common reason as to why you'll get denied.

2. Your profile clearly displays an attitude/lifestyle that does NOT fly with her. If you got past the looks judgment (but not with flying colors), this will most surely sink you.

3. Your email is a one-liner or cliche send-out that she's heard too many times before (or variation thereof). Again, unless you pass the looks test with flying colors, this will most likely sink you.

4. Your email does not reflect her profile. In other words, short profile = short email. Long profile = more detailed email,with more references to her likes, interests, etc.. If your email does not reflect that, and you're just another dude in her mind, then you're not in good shape with many.
 Russell780
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/26/2009 2:59:35 PM
So an essay format email would be nice? An introduction, a paragraph or so about how you relate to their interests (or how maybe you could spark their interest?), and a conclusion?
 Russell780
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/27/2009 7:01:20 PM
You're failing to see the point of this thread... it's about how to write good emails to get a number within "1-3 emails".
 UnexpectedError
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/27/2009 8:18:56 PM
I'm sure this has been said fifty+ times by now, but "Not having awesome pics" is by far the #1 reason. You can do everything else right--everything--but if your pics are bad, you're not getting a response.
 Nice Girl 142
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:42:10 AM
The reason I am trying internet dating is because I haven't found anyone yet. I live in a small town (less than 600 people for all you people who think that less than 10,000 is a small town. And I am on here because I haven't found anyone at "churches, parks stores, malls, concerts, bars...." Because I already know everyone there and my match is not there. If you have so much against internet dating, then why are you even here?
 Nice Girl 142
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2009 12:44:19 AM
celts 123,
That happens to women, too, you know.
 UnexpectedError
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/28/2009 9:30:47 PM

in the first day i signed up i already had 4 pages of messages.

If you're not exaggerating, that tells me there are waaay more guys here than I thought--and I already thought the ratio was skewed... I've only gotten one or two pages in my entire time here, most of them repeats. They need to find a solution to this gender imbalance. Subliminal ads, perhaps?
 Ed Bear
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:08:48 AM
Hey, Redkatt...

I know how to use morels in the kitchen! I love them sauteed in blueberry-wild rice reduction with just a hint of garlic butter! Bring'em by and let's cook!

(We get great chanterelles, pine mushrooms and shiitake here too!)

For everyone: do we agree, then, that using a canned "Thanks but no thanks" message is decent and moral? Some people take even the gentlest refusal as license to spit bitter venom... others seem to need to reply to those who e-mail with anger of the "how dare you think someone like you is fit to talk to me?" ilk.

Chill, compadres!
ED BEAR
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >