Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 williamaus
Msg: 125
Anyone got back with their EX before??Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
NEVER.All my exes are in the cemetary.Anyone that rips my heart out does not deserve to be breathing oxygen.
 flyonthewall!
Msg: 126
Anyone got back with their EX before??
Posted: 8/15/2008 10:38:29 AM
In that case you should put visiting hours in your profile. I know most prisons don't just
let guests stop by.
 diggerchick
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/18/2008 1:03:16 AM
ive gotten back with ex's and things after sometimes can work out for the better then before........im not sure how to explain it, but after dating others that i have not done....but i can imagine it would be rough....
 Buddy Boobs - Sexologist
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/18/2008 4:44:41 AM
Hell no! When it's done, it's over.... and I don't look back. Sure, there may be a time I look back and wonder how that person is doing, but that's all. I don't wish any men of my past ill will. I wish them much happiness in fact!
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:33:05 PM
Usually my break ups was for real deal breakin reasons, so going back wouldn't have been a good decision
 starry_night
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/3/2008 7:33:17 PM
No, I never have. By the time the thing was finished, it was either one of two things....either I had done everything in my power to try to keep it together and finally accepted that it was no good for either of us, or I was rejected in some way and I accepted his decision. Either way, I'm all the way in....or it's over....not that it makes it any easier at the time.
 GGarbo
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/3/2008 8:07:21 PM
I did once but I didn't break up with him because he was a jerk or anything. Nice, handsome, and hardworking fellow who treated me great and with great respect. I moved away to go to school for a couple years and was still pretty young so wanted to be single. I had started to date a guy who turned out to be a complete jerk. Shortly after I graduated, I broke up with the jerk and a family member told my ex the situation so he rushed to the city to essentially save me and tell me he still loved me. We got back together immediately. The thing was, I was a mess after dating this jerk for a year. I found out my childhood sweetheart was going to ask me to marry him and it scared me so I broke up with him again and moved away. I was going through a very self-destructive phase and knew it. I would have only hurt him if I stayed and he wouldn't have moved on. He deserved better than that.

In this case, if I had of stayed the same person I was, we could have got back together and probably been very happy but I changed. The rest of them, I broke up with for a reason so unless they profoundly changed, there is no chance. If anything, I'm more firm in my stance when it comes to the areas I broke up with them over.
 idahosun
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 6:59:06 PM
Been there rather recently - the first time should have been the last time, but my feelings overruled my head and boy am I paying the price - just like the first time. It had been many, many years and he had changed in some ways, but the other ways he changed were that he became a far worse creature than even I would have imagined. Unfortunately, I did not learn the facts until I was already drawn back into the web...stupid, stupid stupid! If you feel you were at fault, you need to look at the things you could not tolerate and ask if you can tolerate them now, because people change in small ways, but they stay the same in most ways because their character and personality are developed early in life. My advice, don't try it!
 monalee1
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:07:37 PM
yes, for 6 more yrs then he wore the love out again.... cest la vie.... warmly Mona
 explorer136
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/5/2008 8:29:40 PM
I think everyone has at one time or another taken an EX back. Most of the other posters have expressed the inevitable outcome of this senerio.......But hell, we are all into banging our head against a wall at some point in our lives.....
 minako79
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/16/2009 9:32:42 PM
My thoughts exactly.
I did, and it wasn't worth it. The break up was worse the second time around. You're eventually reminded of why you broke up in the first place. Then, you resent the person because you think of the time you wasted when you could have been with someone who could've made you happy.
 forumologist
Msg: 140
Posted: 3/16/2009 9:34:20 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I hope my ex reads this lol
 ohio07
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/17/2009 9:29:27 PM
"Getting back together after a breakup is like holding a yard sale and buying all of your old sh!t back! "-Laura Kightlinger. Enough said. Don't walk, RUN away!!! You can't buy back time, ever!
 MsMicki
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2009 9:32:45 PM
Going backwards "usually" doesn't help you go forward.
 spencer192
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:04:01 AM
Common sense would dictate that going back is not a good plan. Less than 10% of broken relationships restart and even then the chances of success second time around are pretty dire.

BUT I now believe in miracles and if your true unconditional love is strong enough then yes a broken relationship could be mended. I realise that I could be in a minority of one here on this website but if my ex came through my door tomorrow I would throw my arms around her and take each day at a time, such is my undying love for her.
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/18/2009 12:43:42 PM
I tried getting back with an ex before, people are called ex's, for a reason, it didn't work.. We were too imcompatible; one of his habits was driving too fast, dangerously for the city streets, he should have his license taken from him by the police but hasn't so far; I don't know why, somebody out there could get hurt because of this man, I am frightened for other people out there, because of this man's driving, and people who drive like this man does, not really caring about anyone else accept themselves; it is pretty sad!

We also had a difference of opnion about things in life, so it didn't work.

I'd rather be alone, then be unhappy with the wrong person.
 MikeT36
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/18/2009 12:56:34 PM
My marriage had it's ups and downs just like any other, but the way it ended, the circumstances under which my x-wife's decisions were made at the end with her adultry/new relationship makes me wonder at times what I would do if she wished to give us another chance. One part of me looks at the commitment of marriage and family as something to fight for and keep at all costs, but I can not lie that another part of me would most likely never forgive the betrayal. It is a very hard thing to live with and still have to have contact with her due to the children, I wish things would have gone differently, but with knowing it would be hard for me to completely forget I would almost say I would not take her back, but if it is a possibility in the near future I may have an internal struggle to deal with.
 Goodboy75
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/18/2009 1:13:56 PM
Well seeing how you spent over 7 years with this woman and week later she was already banging some other guy should tell you all you need to know.
 ohio07
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/18/2009 2:25:41 PM
My favorite is when my friends say that if I talk to so and so, they will kick my ass, or they will confront or kick her ass! Everybody needs friends like that. Especially in situations such as this.

You are just incapable of thinking straight, you need to have somebody to watch your back.

"Are you really thinking of getting back with her? Well she did cheat on me, and belittle me and made last year totally awful but it does take a special kind of person to make you feel that miserable..." (film: "How to lose your lover")

If you can in any way relate to this statement... Run like HELL!!! And don't look back!
 sarahlee963
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:46:45 AM
It's called a break up because it's broken. Don't do it!
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:49:36 AM
" Run Forrest Run "
 ichi-bon
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/19/2009 2:06:18 PM
I called to get back with an EX ( only relationship since my husband died, up until now) because I couldn't get closure. Even though I didn't trust him AT ALL...I still had the continuing thought that I had just not been ready to date when I met him.

The second time I went in with my eyes open......although hopeful....still fully expecting what would happen. I did my " homework" this time.......It did happen...........but this time I KNEW I had nothing to do with it..... I tried with everything in me.....it was all him!!.......controller....., and even though it still hurt some..........I had a feeling if I had not went back.....I would have always wondered. Now I am free of those feelings.

I have several friends that are ex's but it took a long time in between to let the magic feelings die.

On the other hand, my oldest brother and his wife divorced when their oldest son was 1 year old. They re-married a year later and have now been together 39 years. It can work..but usually the exception to the rule.
 The Other Shoe
Msg: 152
Posted: 3/19/2009 3:03:41 PM
Well I have to say I'm personaly a little disheartend by what I see here.

I am currently in a mending process, and hoping to reconcile with my ex. What is truly important is to be honest with oneself and ensure you want to do this for the right reasons. Lonliness and desperation are not the right reasons. I have been apart from my ex for over 2 years now, and have grown quite a bit, as has she. There are still some things I need to address which will be of great benifit to me.

So I am curious though, of all of the people who say don't do it, do you feel that it is because of a lack of growth on yours, or your ex-partners part? Would you be a little less reluctant if there was more time, and you could see an actual improvement in the persons character?
 hirpit
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/19/2009 3:52:01 PM
Nope. I never look back, always look forward. They were an ex for a reason and most of the time, that reason would still there.

Besides I count it as a learning experience and move on. I am not trying to generalize; just answering the question personally.
 cute_asme
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:01:44 PM
yes, i have and it was worse the second time, an ex is an ex for a reason
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >