Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Udlkeme
Msg: 61
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.Page 21 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I know rating new pictures takes a lot of time... I do this as a favor because I want my pictures approved too. I was wondering if it would be possible to reward people for that too. Just a thought

Sincerly,
Robert
 Wreckless1
Msg: 63
New Winks and Points. OR
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:04:48 AM
I just remembered that another site, lists under each profile, when you are goin thru a list of, or group of files, their file name, along with how many miles they live from you!

Is this possible here.... it would be cool to know who is very close to me, and who is far away.
 DigitalRtist
Msg: 64
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:46:16 AM
As long as it doesn't take away from options we already have on site, what's the harm? It's another option for people to use (or not use if they so choose) so why not have it? :)

And if you think of it in this way, some people might be initially shy to contact someone they like, so a wink is a simple way of showing interest in someone and could open up a means of communication between the two that might never have occurred in the first place.

Though on another note, while I like the idea of Roses and all, the whole "be mine" message that goes with it seems a bit too...."Valentines - centric" don't you think?
How about allowing custom messages with a Rose, or even better, allow us to send different flower types ala sites like Love Happens and Hot or Not? Just an idea.
 *buzz*
Msg: 65
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:39:29 AM
If I was intruiged enough as to make a first step, surely I would send an e-mail rather than sending a wink. Don't take me wrong, there are areas where 'pu ssy-footing' would be more appropriate if not desirable but 'bitting the bullet' would be my preference => brief mail.

As for collection/reflection/deduction of points etc ... it might be someone's 'cup of tea' ... sorry, could not get enthusiastic of this new feature.
 WakeDan
Msg: 66
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:55:55 AM
I think winks are just a way to avoid saying something of substance.

the women already complain they get too many 'hey whats up' messages.....a wink would be even worse.

And the points system? thumbs down.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 68
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:42:44 AM
Oh...... how original.......NOT!!! They do the same garbage over on adult friend finder.

Give me a break and lose all the high school stupid shit.

:((
Witchy
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 69
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:31:43 PM
How many points do we need to send out the "Virtual" Finger ?
 TropicalNights
Msg: 70
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 2:14:56 PM
Im sorry I dont understand the "Flag "part,,, could you further explain for us bimboes,? lol thanks,, because the only way to f ind out is by asking, and there are many things on this site that i wonder about, sometimes i have my penpals explain, but sometimes theuy dont know either, ther ewas this thing on a persons profile, and i didnt get it, ( I didnt undersstand) so, i still dont know it was some kind of blockage ro info,,,,,?? when i find it again i will ask a mod or Markux, cos thats all i knwo what to do on this site. ciao ! :)
 happygal_28
Msg: 71
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 3:39:08 PM
How many points do we need to send out the "Virtual" Finger ?

virtual chocolate!!! how could I miss virtual chocolate??!!
 pokey
Msg: 72
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:34:58 PM
i'm still waiting for my rock to arrive. i sent one yesterday. just wait til the gals figure this out,,,i'll get kOnKeD on the head all the time! i can't wait! heeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa!!
 WakeDan
Msg: 73
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 1:44:04 AM
I could see problems coming on the horizon if the winks had stayed

hundreds of threads starting with 'why did she ignore my wink?'

' why are people so rude? not responding to winks'

Another thing about points is, it always somehow becomes a popularity contest. Like how many friends you can get on myspace. Or how much soul you can get on message boards. Total waste.
 Ron9
Msg: 75
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:27:40 AM
Well it is too bad the wink bashers got their way. Winks go hand and hand with this kind of site.

Flirting/wink - same as giving an internet smile - same as saying "hi I noticed you".

I personally got a burst of activity in that short time the winks were working. It gave some shy gals a way to say something.

It is sometimes tuff to say anything in a first email - a little wink says a lot without trying to fumble for words.

But ....... the bashers got what they wanted I guess. Can't please everyone.

I won’t be sending any of those little “pictures” to anyone - but I would have used the winks.
 AllieJ0516
Msg: 78
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:54:47 AM
I love the idea of winks - they're a great idea!
 Shirtydream
Msg: 79
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:05:26 PM
Sorry but I think that it is a load of b******s
 badmane2
Msg: 80
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 3:25:51 PM
Oh! So the winks are gone? Thats ok. The new features are still way cool. Thanks for the great site! Keep up the good work. The forums are fun too!
 Wreckless1
Msg: 81
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:08:57 PM
You jus can't please everyone all the time, only please some, some of the time.
 clk128
Msg: 82
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:17:17 PM
I agree. I liked the winks. Why can't people that don't like something just not use them ...
 WakeDan
Msg: 84
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/22/2007 12:09:20 AM
It means if some woman is in a bad mood, and decides she doesn't want to talk to you, she can flag your email as inappropriate just to get a kick out of it.

or some guy who wants to be a jerk can do the same to women.
 PinkSalmon
Msg: 85
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/23/2007 1:10:18 PM
Just a suggestion for something new on the points system.

a kiss. A user can send a kiss to a lady he is interested in... much like the other virtual gifts.
 pepc72
Msg: 86
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/24/2007 9:13:15 PM
I thought the winks were a good idea, and it didn't seem too complicated, your account gets credited each day you come online, and debited with each wink sent, I believe I made a suggestion or agreed with someone else's suggestion long ago on here to introduce something such as winks. Part of the reason they are necessary is that people are busy by nature, and it is not good to take the time to think out and write a message that 9 times out of 10 is going to be ignored. Sending a message that just says hi, that could be taken as laziness, and I notice that some people here have stated they would view being sent a wink the same way, view this as you wish, everyone should have their own opinion, . I don't particularly worry that someone would think me lazy or insincere because I chose just to send a wink over taking the time to write out a full message, if someone is interested in getting to know more about me, they can get that I have some interest just as easily from a wink as from taking the 20 or 30 minutes out of my day to send a proper message. You know what else, once I have that affirmation that there is an interest in getting to know me, then I will be more than happy to take the time and effort to write out long messages, and whatever happens from there is irrelevant to this discussion. I assume that I was not alone in feeling this way, only read the first 3 or 4 pages of messages on this thread, but I did notice that males and self professed pro-active females were much more in favour of the idea of winks than other people were, it is telling that the people who send the most messages are the ones who were most prepared to embrace the new option. I hope this is an idea that will be re-visited in the future.
 badmane2
Msg: 87
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 4/29/2007 7:05:06 AM
How about email cards? Like get well or happy birthday. And for Trek fans space ships. I have told friends about this site. Its great! Keep up the good work. Thanks!
 goosefeathers
Msg: 89
New Winks ; )
Posted: 5/8/2007 3:38:12 PM
The mighty accorn tree has a seed , that definatly, has a point!
 fillup34
Msg: 90
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 5/18/2007 9:47:14 PM
how do i find out my points?
 cedar77
Msg: 91
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 5/18/2007 9:58:05 PM
A good enough idea , but ...
It's just another way to play in "virtual" land . IMO It would do people good to get out more in the real world.
 Merrylass
Msg: 93
view profile
History
New Winks and Points.
Posted: 3/5/2008 5:09:52 AM
I suspect the idea died since post#1 was made in April of 07. It didn't sound like a good idea anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >