Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 28
Winks are now live and running.Page 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Active at midnight? Siskel and Ebert say

OK, cool, so all I need to do is go to bed and leave FireFox running with my "Reload Every" extension active, right?!?!

The midnight thing - that seems pretty lame - not to mention unfair. What about people who work during that shift and can never login at that time? Or people, like me, who's alarms sound at 4:30 AM. You can be sure that earning points to wink are really high on my priority list!

Also, what's the point of winking when I can just send an icebreaker that says *wink* if I want to...

(I wish you had a "scratching head in utter bewilderment" emoticon!)
 Ron9
Msg: 29
Winks are now live and running.
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:35:30 PM
lol - with all the confusion - I hope we don't have a fire drill right now lol
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:37:39 PM
I dunno its still tax day in some parts of the states My head is already exploding in numbers.

Either Im getting a lot of winks or Im not getting much of a refund right now.

Im so confuseddddddddddd
 fusion91
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:38:19 PM
what it says is the if you log on to pof at any time during the day, that at midnight pacific time, youre points will be updated. this way all the members get updated at the same time instead of pof having to update points everytimg a member logs in at all times of the day. it says winks will be deleted after 30 days, but is there a way to delete them when you want to. also is there a limit to how many winks one can receive?
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:39:52 PM
*wink*

Messages this short may not be posted

sheesh!
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:41:22 PM
Im not sending any winks... Im gonna save up my Points for a Toaster
 JustKelly70
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:44:57 PM
The viewed me thing was ok, but now I'm scared..lol
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:47:31 PM
Hey, can we ALSO have an "El Kabong" or "Smack upside the head with an overripe turnip" function please???
 lovelyheart
Msg: 38
The winks are making me feel guilty.. :(
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:56:56 PM
So just received some winks so I checked out the profiles and I'm not interested. So now I feel a little bad I guess because before it was "free" to sent a short message but now they, in a way, are spending something.

Also there isn't really an effort to send a wink. I like it when guys take the effort and time to actually write a message to me.

This will take awhile to get used to....

cedar77
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:00:43 PM
I'm thinking getting a wink will actually mean less than being on someone's favourites list ...which is often very little.
 lovelyheart
Msg: 42
The winks are making me feel guilty.. :(
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:10:26 PM
i know i know...

anyways tried to send you a message but i couldn't.

peace.
 Ron9
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:19:35 PM
Yeah yeah - the winks are groovy and all ...... but ..... I’m holding our for the scratch-n-sniff feature.

Humm ... how many points will that cost us lol.

(I am soooooooo bad)
 cedar77
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:27:06 PM

I noticed an online advertisement - right next to my primary photo.

Here is what the advertisement stated: "Is he going to kill you?" [Ad for a detective agency]

twowheels .....what's the big deal ? ...just explain to women in your profile that they shouldn't worry since it's not true , you wouldn't harm a fly ....I'm sure that they'll understand .
 Ron9
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/17/2007 9:50:14 PM
.................... is a rocket scientist - has already figure out the winks - sent one - got one ............ it is all good.

Oh and found out where the view profile went - like mentioned above - just push on the wink link and that window also gets you the view profile link.

Ok I am not a rocket scientist lol - but I am a killer at data bases and that is what web sites are - databases.

I've always hoped POF would get winks - it is just a little mild flirt. If the person winks back - it is like "ok to send me an email" - so this should help some that are extra shy - and help some that don't like sending an email and not getting a reply.

It is kind of like a smile out on the public. It actually is a different concept than an email is.

Thanks POF .......
 cedar77
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:08:23 PM
or...would a nice girl wink at a guy with ED ?
...not that I suffer from that particular affliction . lol
 goboxer69
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:13:31 PM
hey there

how r u, u caught my eye

giv me a buzz
 goboxer69
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:17:32 PM
hey u r hottt

giv me a buzz
 gwenivere_1
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/17/2007 10:19:48 PM
not quite sure how I feel about this feature... again as some have said I think that this is yet another popularity contest.... yet another empty mail box!! LOL
 Ron9
Msg: 51
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:17:59 PM
Ok fine ............

NOW someone tell me how I have 9 females on my favorites list - when I have never put anyone on my favorites list lol.

It has to be ............. fish magic lol
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/17/2007 11:27:32 PM

It has to be ............. fish magic lol

If wishes were fishes we would all cast nets

If women were fishes we would all cast winks

If men were fishes we'd all have blow holes
 supermom1955
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:27:00 AM

You might not want to waste points like that... Points buy a hell of a lot more than winks ;)

so what else do they buy? Please explain...thanks
 cotter
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:23:22 AM
1. You start with 600 points and you can have up to 6,000 points at any one time.

You gain 60 points for every day you are active on the site. Points are updated at midnight PST.

Each wink costs 20 points. The more active you are the more winks you can send. Winks don't appear as email but instead look like a search.

http://www.plentyoffish.com/view_winks.aspx
So that's what the OP of this thread looks like, but there is not one word in it about:

1. WHERE ... to actually find out how many points one has.

2. HOW ... to send a wink.

3. WHAT ... a wink looks like.

WHAT'S THE POINT IN STARTING A NEW FEATURE (like with the "rose" thing) and not even bother to offer the information about basic details?

I can tell you right now ... it's sure not in the HELP section!!!!!!

I saw something when I went in to reply to someone's email ... at least there I was able to see how many points I have, but I still have to ask ... why is it all left up to "discovery" instead of actually creating a thread with all the information in it?

1. WHY would I send someone a wink if I have no clue what it looks like or what it says? Just like with the "rose" thing ... we had two "rose" things to send but there was no clue what it even looked like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sense does it make to start new features and just leave us in the dark about it?

The only way I finally found out what the "rose" looked like was to send one to a good friend as a "let's try this and see what it looks like" ... there was nothing available to know exactly what it looked like until you actually sent one.

Then several days later I found out quite by accident that if you send one it means you are seriously involved with someone ... and if you view someone's profile that only has "one" rose left on it, it means they are involved with someone?

So what does this "WINK really look like?
Why would I bother to send such a thing to someone if I have no clue what it looks like?
 hotbrenda1957
Msg: 57
Winks are now live and running. hello
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:29:19 AM
let play your games i am ready for you
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >