Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Winks are now live and running.Page 6 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
I think it's a very creative idea. The winks are great to show interest and to catch someone's attention without writing an email. They can be used not only for romantic gestures but at times when we just want a friend to cheer up, or know we're thinking of them without having to write a long email.
Previously some members used to add others to their favorites to show interest without writing but this solves the problem of potentially having a stranger write a testimonial just because you added them as a favorite to show you're interested in them.

The gifts are cute too.....and the addition of points due to time online is a great catch to keep people logging on every day!!

I'm also in favor of the winks and the gifts because unlike some of the other features on here...no one is singled out publicly because they're private and receiving them should only bring smiles.

Great ideas adding positives to the site!

Suggestions:
We don't need 3 bears and two wine glasses to choose from. Leave one of each and add some less romantic as well as neutral or masculine gifts. Many of us start with friendships first and have developed many good ones on here.

I'm also not sure why the points are all different because none look like they should be worth more than any other. I'd like to see all the points the same and the gifts varied....and changed out. That will keep it more interesting especially for those who want to send the same person a variety of gifts.

Here's an example of 7 user friendly gifts for everyone that would help start up communication between the parties.

1. flowers that should be changed every month from bouquets to single stemmed roses etc.
2. box of chocolate or some kind of candy.
3. a big Hersheys kiss to imply throwing someone a KISS (I have a great one I use to send)
4. a present wrapped up indicating a surprise gift. That would entice the receiver to investigate what it was therefore helping to begin a conversation back and forth.
5. change the wine to a bottle of wine with two glasses...to suggest a drink together sometime making that one a good choice for both genders.
6. a friendship bear. The one with the flower is cute for girl friends to send to each other and this site is responsible for creating many good friendships that we all love.
7. a coupon simply stating "yours for the day!" That would do it! Coupons are fun and can be changed out with things like..."Dinner on me", etc so either gender can send or receive them.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Winks are now live and running.
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:52:31 AM

Here's an example of 7 user friendly gifts for everyone that would help start up communication between the parties.

1. flowers that should be changed every month from bouquets to single stemmed roses etc.
3. a big Hersheys kiss to imply throwing someone a KISS (I have a great one I use to send)
4. a present wrapped up indicating a surprise gift. That would entice the receiver to investigate what it was therefore helping to begin a conversation back and forth.
5. change the wine to a bottle of wine with two glasses...to suggest a drink together sometime making that one a good choice for both genders.
6. a friendship bear. The one with the flower is cute for girl friends to send to each other and this site is responsible for creating many good friendships that we all love.
7. a coupon simply stating "yours for the day!" That would do it! Coupons are fun and can be changed out with things like..."Dinner on me", etc so either gender can send or receive them.

.... Single Parent Meet does something similiar. And in their case they dont limit how many you can send. Can be annoying or fun... depending on perspective.
 unique38
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:49:21 AM
Once again,I do not care for the points.Winks without points are fine or flirts or roses are great.Did you consider my idea on more editing on profile?Like where it asks for religion, but not nationality,and where it asks for hair color,but not eye color?
 Internetdatingpariah
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/18/2007 8:54:08 AM
No winks...no testimonials....no roses.

Can my ego stand any more of these helpful little additions?

Daddy Long Legs
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:03:26 AM
Winks and lil'' gifts are all a great idea, I think most are trying to make this whole thing too complicated, let the administrator, do his stuff and just sit back and enjoy.
I love the lil' brown Teddy Bear.!
 Pistol9
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:18:16 AM
Here's my problem. I don't have a picture on my profile. What hacks me off is when someone asks for a picture then TOTALLY ignores me after I send it.
As for winks- who cares?
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:21:36 AM
Ok I have been getting some winks, but it doesn't show who they are from. Do I have something set up wrong?
 CatDaddyBKNY
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:30:10 AM
Looking forward to use it.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/18/2007 9:31:59 AM
A person could respond if the person knew who the wink was coming from. LOL just my luck that mine doesn't work. Oh well.
 Vanilla Scent
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/18/2007 10:33:18 AM
I still think you should put age's and the state the person is from. While they are viewing you. Also while your checking your inbox you also see the guy's and gal's who are signed in and signed on. That's where you should put the age and state they are from as well. You can have your setting to 15mile's away. And still get people that are two hour's away and a different state. That kinda drive's me nutz LoL. Also, with the smile face's LOVE THEM JUST LOVE THEM but when you do a holiday such as xmas. I think you should think of everyone holiday. So some won't get upset!!!!!!! But, either way I still love this site.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 11:36:20 AM
....Im still gonna hold out for the Toaster
 mik6917469
Msg: 82
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:01:37 PM
How do you send a wink. wink wink
 dustyknight
Msg: 83
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:10:05 PM
dang I got a wink!
now how in the hell do you send em back? lol
 JustKelly70
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 12:44:37 PM
They are likely making adjustments to the winks.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2007 1:17:13 PM
You can still view your winks if you go to the link in admin's original post.
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 89
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:19:45 PM
A blink, and pof! No winks, now gifts, hehe...
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/18/2007 7:21:58 PM
PS: with gifts up to 1000 points, might need a bigger maximum allowable point limit??
 Leigh AKA PL
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:47:09 AM
message 278

Suggestions:
We don't need 3 bears and two wine glasses to choose from. Leave one of each and add some less romantic as well as neutral or masculine gifts. Many of us start with friendships first and have developed many good ones on here.

I'm also not sure why the points are all different because none look like they should be worth more than any other. I'd like to see all the points the same and the gifts varied....and changed out. That will keep it more interesting especially for those who want to send the same person a variety of gifts.

oh uzp,there ya go again,using ya noggin and coming up with terrific new ideas.... admin take note of this wonderful women she knows what she is talking about....

JustKelly70
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:47:00 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/7108213datingPostpage21.aspx#7124748

More info about it there, It was scraped I think.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:53:26 PM
WHA... Does that mean I wont get my Toaster...!?!?
 dustyknight
Msg: 94
Winks Turned Off
Posted: 4/20/2007 8:03:54 AM
the "myforum" link doesn't work now either..
winks are ok but are kind of redundant since you can email and actually type a messege to the person.
 JustKelly70
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 4:34:48 PM
goddessoflightning..Goodone..
 cedar77
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2007 9:13:03 AM
Ummmm....were guys able to receive winks? ..or was that one just for women as well?
lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >