Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !![T      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tango9876
Msg: 393
Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !!Page 17 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Interesting, looks like this thread has been going strong for over a year.

Here is my take: Here are two people who were totally lukewarm about each other.

Him: I'll invite her over, have a quick coffee, see what she is like in person. If I like her maybe I'll suggest she stay for lunch, we'll take it from there. If not, well, only a couple of hours wasted.

Her: My Saturday is more valuable than this guy. I want to sleep in. Hey, if I'm getting up early and driving an hour I should at least have lunch there because I know meeting this guy does not by itself justify this trip.

He should have offered meeting more or less halfway.
She should have insisted meeting other than Saturday morning.

He isn't into her, she prefers to complain in a public forum instead of just moving on with her life. Not the nicest people on PoF.

One thing in his defense, I know that there are many people who would think nothing of driving a couple of hours just to check out a new store or whatever. Maybe he made that assumption about her. Though I think the best explanation is the "not into her that much" theory. Why get bitter, just move on.
 SueCat51
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !!
Posted: 6/20/2008 4:57:58 PM
Ok - let me see. Gas is $4.00 per gallon, my car gets 30 mpgs, so that's $8 to get to the destination. Does Starbucks sell $8 coffee? Damn, it'd better be Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee for me to drive 60 miles just for a cup of coffee. What in the hell ever happened to "meet you half way".
 tango9876
Msg: 395
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:50:29 PM

Gas is $4.00 per gallon

Not to nit-pick but at the time this thread started gas was about $2.70/gal.

And you are not driving for the coffee but to meet a potential mate.
Isn't a great guy or gal worth a few bucks and a few hours to anyone on PoF?
 tango9876
Msg: 396
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:05:56 AM

I am the star of my reality show

And I am Napoleon!
At least your message is consistent with your profile, I'll give you that.

their wives are their queens

But the more relevant question is, are these guys kings or are they serfs?

This "sense of entitlement" you display with no reticence whatsoever is in my opinion why 50% of marriages end up in divorce. And it is a shame that California divorce laws encourage this immoral "a few months cohabitation in exchange for half his stuff" mentality.

I am just thankful I have never been involved with anyone of this black widow genre. Caveat Emptor!
 SpiritGael1
Msg: 397
Astreaa - you're right !
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:32:19 AM
A woman of your type should be compensated. Why meet halfway in order to interact with a man whom wants to meet you ? Keep selling that stuff, girl ! You so special !
 shimbo
Msg: 398
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:39:59 AM

Isn't a great guy or gal worth a few bucks and a few hours to anyone on PoF?

Hmmmm.... can I get back to you next week on that?
 Momarks
Msg: 399
Posted: 6/21/2008 10:03:06 AM
msg 512

Interesting, looks like this thread has been going strong for over a year.
Here is my take: Here are two people who were totally lukewarm about each other.
Him: I'll invite her over, have a quick coffee, see what she is like in person. If I like her maybe I'll suggest she stay for lunch, we'll take it from there. If not, well, only a couple of hours wasted.

Her: My Saturday is more valuable than this guy. I want to sleep in. Hey, if I'm getting up early and driving an hour I should at least have lunch there because I know meeting this guy does not by itself justify this trip.

He should have offered meeting more or less halfway.
She should have insisted meeting other than Saturday morning.

He isn't into her, she prefers to complain in a public forum instead of just moving on with her life. Not the nicest people on PoF.

One thing in his defense, I know that there are many people who would think nothing of driving a couple of hours just to check out a new store or whatever. Maybe he made that assumption about her. Though I think the best explanation is the "not into her that much" theory. Why get bitter, just move on.

the topic seems timeless and continues to generate interest. the thread died last almost a year ago.

About each driving part way:
We are left to figure that out ourselves. It seems that both were driving part of the distance. HOwever, that information was not clearly provided until much later in the thread.
Initially, It did seem to me that she was the only one driving and so I thought that he was expecting a bit much. But she later posted that the guy had said to her that she should drive an extra 15 miles on her part so to even things out a bit out .

Some people did the math and figured that he was driving 90 and she was only driving 60. Who knows as nothing was ever clear about this thread. who was driving where to do what with whom? coffee or a date? lunch and dinner then dancing or just coffee??
Does " coffee" always mean " just coffee".?
then people from other parts of the world didn't understand how one cup of coffee could last more than 15 minutes let alone an entire day.
msg 516

This sense of entitlement you display with no reticence whatsoever is in my opinion why 50% of marriages end up in divorce. And it is a shame that California divorce laws encourage this immoral "a few months cohabitation in exchange for half his stuff" mentality.

There's been plenty of studies that show just how such predatory thinking, lack of guilt and sense of entitlement allow people do get away with murder.. often literally. IN relationships the effect is simply devastating.

A recent study actually spoke to how these traits in one of the potential partners often lead to unhealthy relationships. Perhaps not so oddly, these people with these traits do not pick out similarly minded people who possess the same exact traits. The people without these traits seem to actuallyCHOOSE people WITH them.

That is not the topic of the thread- at least not originally but it certainly has morphed into that. THis along with how some women simply few dating as a financial transaction . There are plenty of men who think the same thing so hopefully these two sort meet and destroy each other.

msg 520

Sounds like one of those men who have lots of women on the go, he is so good all the women he needs spin to his tune.

If a man wont meet me half way on the first meet, it says to me very clearly that the man is saying:- 'Listen lady if you with me you do all the giving I do all the taking'.

And I say no thank you and politely block the bugger

hard to figure out where that came from unless it is from your personal experience.
This is how WE ALL view these things- from our perspective using our experience as a template.

It is hard to believe that a person could come up with that conclusion based upon eventhe first opening post let alone all the subsequent posts. oh well.

It appears that some men have treated this person badly or this "meet half way " is a requirement of hers. And this makes more sense to me. This post tell me that this woman is looking for an equal investment. That she will meet the guy halfway. Sounds fair.

Several men on here have posted that they have done more, in some cases uch more.

as always, these threads are fun and hilarious yet not always for the most obvious reasons.
 shimbo
Msg: 400
Posted: 6/21/2008 10:27:02 AM

My sense of "entitlement" has kept me out of destructive relationships with cheap men

Does this mean you've had destructive relationships with generous men?
Kinky minds want to know!
 playfulpete
Msg: 401
Posted: 6/21/2008 10:55:49 AM
women have asked me to drive that far to meet for coffee and they were the ones asking me.
 shimbo
Msg: 402
Posted: 6/21/2008 11:07:11 AM

. From the luxury of your denial to post a photo, keeping on wondering if a woman would drive an hour to see you over coffee

I don't drink coffee.

A woman once flew 1000 miles to see me but that was seventeen years ago and I was very naive then. I don't need a photo, I'm just killing time here, avoiding work for a couple of weeks, maybe more.
 Momarks
Msg: 403
Posted: 6/21/2008 12:19:43 PM
My sense of "entitlement" has kept me out of destructive relationships with cheap men

then it's a good strategy. good choice. You're not complaining so no one can take issue with your choices. Doesn't hurt anyone.

because I have high standards.

again, this is good to have although some people may refer to these 'high standards' are simply being a 'preference". Just apply these high standards to yourself in the same amount as you hold others. I am certain that you do.

Some men can live up to them

true- some can and some can't

and some men are so jaded that they fail to post a photo and profile.
this may or may not have anything to do with your previous statement but it takes some courage to make the connection. tango doesn't have a profile? he did when i looked to see where he was from.

I have chosen not to get married because I do not want children.

that is your choice again.. no one should be obligated to have something or to do something simply because it is "what has always been done for centuries " Or that was the reason for it in the past or that they did that sort of thing in the good old days. Or simply because they don't wish to do. good call.

So there will never be a divorce in my future. Also I have never lived with a man because I like the freedom of being an independent woman.

not a problem with that one. sounds like a great idea.
although someone may point out......

Must get awful cold and lonely up there in Canada.

no , it's actually not that bad.- sometimes thanks to global warming, I can't snow-ski in July anymore.

the sled dogs get a little hungry now and then but we usually toss them an american princess and it all evens out.

I know this was directed at Tango.. but that is the great thing about these threads:
They start off seemingly about one thing and after everyone gets a whack at it,

They go everywhere and yet nowhere where at the same time.
 Janes Addiction
Msg: 404
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:25:03 PM
One of my peeves! Today I had a guy invite me to come to HIS town to eat at a new Chinese restaurant. The town is very small and the roads there are curvy and it is not an easy drive. And it is almost 2 and 1/2 hour drive! We just chatted once on here. I did add him as a favorite first, but I noticed he had viewed my profile a few times so I thought I would add him. I guess I was asking for it.

I asked him why do so many guys from here frequently ask the woman to come to them. To me a guy that does not offer to at least meet halfway or come to you is just damn lazy. I guess I made the mistake of making the first gesture.

He said, "I guess I struck a nerve". So then after no other mention of getting together, I said, "so no offer to come to where I live?" To which he replied..."?" I explained what I meant and he said he was too tired to drive here. Well, if he was that damn tired, I am sure he wouldn't have the energy to stay up all night in a all night session of bedroom antics...lol!
Which I am sure he had on his mind.

I would say 8 out of 10 people from here ask you to come to them. Dream on, I am never going to be that desperate. If you cannot meet me halfway, then F you.

I guess I have gotten really jaded, being on here off and on for a while. I am sick of these people.
 caspter
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:38:57 PM
You got to be kidding.. How low can you get.. Would anyone woman in their right mind do that for anyone. You go girl
 Momarks
Msg: 406
Posted: 6/21/2008 4:19:34 PM

I love traveling to exotic locations all over and meeting people who make the world go round. Oh and by the way my boss is a self made billionaire from Canada. As for American Princess, we are all raised with the fantasy that the handsome prince will come to save you from yourself and your destructive choices

wow...
1. most people initially agreed with the OP until all the other information came out.
2. congratulations on the plum job.
3. WE she is talking about Women
4. all she just said every woman in the United States.
5. save you from yourself every woman needs saving ...huh? why?
6. your destructive choices can't make a good choice or make choices that lead you to ruin.

Where did all these smart strong ind women go?

I would imagine that not all women are brought up this way or after reaching a certain point- realize that the fantasy was just that and let go of it.

I doubt any woman will come on to tell you that you don't speak for all women as they are bored to death about that subject and rightly so. So don't worry margo/lnh
..it's all good...

I see the laughing icon- so am aware that you may have put it there so that you can have the option of coming back to say " I was using Sarcasm." yeah.. understood... But if this is even remotely true, who is teaching this to the young women of the world.

and even if the sarcasm was intended or not intended... your statement doesn't really work in either context. It's rather sad.

Half the time I can't believe what I am reading and then they add more stuff that just takes away all doubt.

missm- you have a job that only a handful of people could ever dream of having. My hat is off to you.

The american princess was NOT directed towards you specifically yet was directed towards the OP who was happy to have that name given to her.

I know that you are aware of this and you commented simply because you can.

My other comment about not wanting to do something simply because it had been that way before or was the old fashioned way or done for centuries when men and women got together around the campfire for protection from sabertoothed tigers while the made babies: that was directed towards other people who probably chuckled a bit when they read it.

WE understand that your job is a very powerful one and is most likely very stressful as well. It is either somethign like VP of a company , personal assistant, executive secretary or combination of both a la the Gwenyth Paltrow character in Iron Man, Pepper Pots. Who knows. However, you must be aware that your situation reflects only a small percentage of people in the world let alone people on POF.

To be blunt, you are in the upper echelon :

young, powerful, pretty, has oodles of money, travels the world, men hitting on you all the time.

so you have the picks of the litter ,,, even when the pickings are slim.

The rest of us are a bit further down the food chain.
That seems to be the harsh reality.

But I thank you for bringing that to our attention.

However, the people who we actually finally match with are wonderful people who don't share the same notion as some of the people posting who seem to equate money spent with love or caring. or whatever.

Women in my neck of the woods are not like this at all. It must be an American Phenomenon although we will proabably catch up to the american exalted status in this matter as some Canadian young'uns tend to emulate all things american. oh well..
to be young and foolish...

and I do know that at least 80% of AMerican Woman are NOT like this at all. PoF and threads elsewhere just tend to get people who have a vested interest in this sort of thing. so the percentage would seem up. People with no interest are not compelled to post anything as they have no reason to.

night all...

I am going out dancing. buying women drinks, dancing the night away, showing them a good time and then walking them home.

call me crazy...
 Bikeman_
Msg: 407
Posted: 6/21/2008 4:28:08 PM
There still seem to be people not reading pertinent details in this thread. Not surprising since the OP wasn't really forthcoming with detailing what exactly happened with her correspondences with this guy.

The guy didn't ask her to drive to his hometown. In fact, 150 miles separated the two, he suggested he drive 90 miles to the rendezvous point, she drive 60. Initially she agreed.

Then she seemed to believe the guy via mental osmosis would understand that she required him to pay for her meals. This wasn't really something that she frankly shared with the guy until they began to work out the meeting details.

If she had issues with guys who lived outside of a certain desirable radius, she should have indicated that in her profile, then she wouldn't be corresponding with guys 150 miles away.

There was also some ignorance on her part regarding what a "coffee meeting" is. I think most people would want to extend the meeting past the sipping of coffee if everything was going well. There's no sense really making extravagant plans for dates when so many people with internet profiles really misrepresent themselves (there are so many threads about this). She seemed to want some sort of guarantee from the guy when in fact she really didn't offer much to the guy in terms of any guarantees.

The thread was mistitled, the details the OP presented were vague at best and purposefully misleading.
 jeri247
Msg: 408
Posted: 6/21/2008 4:33:01 PM
the man should always come to the woman first
 MY OH MY
Msg: 409
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:23:54 PM
One of the best dates I had started doing a visitor's center, then dinner, then a drive around battle grounds and last a movie. It was like a 12 hour date that was just supposed to be the visitor's center...but dates do end and nice guys do change
 Momarks
Msg: 410
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:25:25 PM

the man should always come to the woman first

i always let the woman come first.

seems only natural.

bikeman,,, yup... I was ahead of you on that one... already posted a brief synop a page or two back about the reality...

stop posting though as the ones that do without reading are putting up some good stuff. they are just revealing their preferences and that's fine. they should put them on their profile.

will travel for food.
won't travel for coffee.
you come to me.
I won't travel more than 20 kilometers/20 minutes.

now.. out the door.
 smileee4u
Msg: 411
Posted: 6/21/2008 5:34:34 PM
I disagree with all the negative threads. I agree with you. Your sensibilities are common sense. What you are saying is this..... he is a man. He should pursue you. If he were interested, he would meet you on your turf... not halfway. He would have enough drive to be the man and meet you all the way. Not halfway. He needs to show more interest. Good for you. You did good. Ignore anyone who doesn't get it, and keep your standards high.
 .Marc
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2008 6:16:28 PM
If he were interested, he would meet you on your turf... not halfway. He would have enough drive to be the man and meet you all the way. Not halfway. He needs to show more interest. Good for you. You did good. Ignore anyone who doesn't get it, and keep your standards high.

And there's the rub. A lot of people expects men to pursue, and a lot of people expect men to take charge in the relationship. But many people are also looking for equal partners these days. (A lot of the people that I know are, at least.)

He might have been very interested in her, but if he's a "let's meet halfway" person and she's a "come to me" person, well-- it's probably not going to work out anyway. Being "the man" has little to do with behavior. (Just look at the "what is a good man" thread.)

So it isn't that either person was necessarily wrong; it's more that they have a totally different view of how a relationship functions. In the end it is good that they didn't bother.
 Momarks
Msg: 413
Posted: 6/22/2008 5:13:41 AM

Yeah, I caught that too. The OP never seems to clarify how far away the guy actually lived (and nobody asker her to), but it does seem to read like:

1. he asked her to drive 60 miles to meet her for coffee
2. when she pushed for lunch/dinner, he suggested a place that was 15 miles further for her (75 miles) and "that would make halfway more equal"

If you do the math, he lived 150 miles away and only asked her to dive 60. Smart move on his part, he figured out that she wasn't even willing to meet him halfway. I'll also add that women often don't give much credit to the guys who make the effort to know where decent coffee shops and restaurants exist 75-100+ miles away from where they live.

I initially thought that the guy was asking a bit much. lazy bugger.
But then, i thought, meh.. if it works for him.
I wondered why she was so upset about it though - enough to start a thread about it. then I discovered that this seems to be a common theme.

These are two people who had two completely different criteria and expectations. She wanted one thing, he was not the sort of guy who was going to do that. wow.

It's not terrible that she wanted more.
it's not terrible that he didn't want to do it.
it is not a crime to be cheap.
it is not a crime to be a princess.

He didn't start a thread about it..

I hope that each of these two people and everyone else meet the person that accepts them the way they are. Two cheapos getting together would be fine. Two people of high entitlement / expectations getting together would be fine. Lets hope that they reciprocate. Both traits don't seem to be of high quality especially when combined with a sort of abrasive self-interest and self -righteousness that we typically see .

There are many common themes on the forum.. oopss fora.
1. women who simply expect men to pay for everything.
2. men who don't do this.
3. who pays for the first date.
4. is the first meet and greet a first date.
5. men and woman who say that they want equality in a relationship.
6. women who won't pay for a sprite.
7. men who expect option- challenged women to drive 60 miles.
8. profiles that are a complete mis representation of the person.
9. meet and greet to see if #8 is true.
10. the cellphone call at 10 minutes: get out of date free trick.. you should do it.
11. if you have restrictions in your dating plans,, then state them on your profile . this ends these sorts of threads.
12. no one can be expected to read 20 pages of nothing .. in order to figure out what is actually going on.

As you read her responses , she wasn't going to travel that far anyway so what was the big deal?
I don't want to travel 4 hours . There is little point in going that far as the relationship may not last anyway if the distance/time thing is an issue for you.
So put the restrictions on your profile.
1.Must live within ****** kilometers. or time restriction.
2. I am a " self-respecting " 'lady' so you be " old-fashioned" .

which may be a sort of code speak for :.
she won't be doing much for the guy,
she expects you to pay for much of her way ...and then finally,
you are the type of guy who is ok with those first two requirements .

The title of the thread made it easy for the reader to infer that they guy expected quite a bit from the woman.

The word " deperate" is often thrown around here- especially by those who insist that " I am not desperate!". We may have to come up with another term for people who seem willing to travel extreme distances or do things that many people won't do in order to meet a potential mate.

It seems that some men on pOF have discovered that some women are in such a state to find a man that a guy can talk them into doing a lot of things.
Such guys view such women as desperate.

Women will likewise find men similarly fixated on doing whatever it takes to meet a potential mate. Some of these women use the men for cheap entertainment.

People who are unaware that such people exist are socially unaware of things that many of us taken for common knowledge.

Random acts of kindness and unusual acts of beauty notwithstanding, the world does have some users and abusers in it so it is not always best to think that the other person has your best interest at heart.

When they discover that the world is as it is, they seem overly shocked and start a thread about it. and when i say the world, i mean the people on it and the people that they meet,,,, when they are walking down the street... each day... all together now..!

The key element common to both situations is that the 'victim' - if I can use that word- is very much limited in the number of options available to her / or him.
for whatever reason- geography, small town, 'done' all the potential dates in your area, looks or lack thereof , personality or lacks thereof, - these people ARE willing to drive at least an hour or two.

It would seem that they are placing many of their eggs into the POF basket of options.
that is not a good thing. perhaps especially if they have no other option.
 Momarks
Msg: 414
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:28:02 AM
/\ /\ /\...
yes, the woman doesn't have to do anything.
However, if she complains about her life situation yet has done exactly that - nothing- then her complaint falls on deaf ears.

Same holds true for those almost infinite number of men who don't do a damn thing.

However,unfortunately for us, but good for them, this particular strategy seems to work for some men and women as they GET people who apparently are foolish enough to put up with that.

yes, any guy who is like this is someone best to avoid.
as is the woman who does nothing yet complains that people don't flock to her or won't drive.

It's like that fellow on here , some time ago in another thread, who was incredibly upset- he said that he was incredibly upset about this so I figure he may be right- that women don't see him for the great guy that he is. He appeared to be almost genius in some of his posts as he knew almost everything about much of the topics on any thread topic. He doesn't get enough email and the right woman doesn't see him for the wonderful gentleman that he is. There was also and incredible amount of hostility in his words. YOu could almost feel the rage. Not surprisingly, his therapist told him he has some anger issues.

If there is something not right about a person's life and they take no steps to remedy it, then whose fault is it?

the comment about any man scrounging off women asking her to spend on fuel and expecting to go dutch on coffee..... this can be said about any woman who is scrounging off men asking him to do the spending on fuel, then expecting her to go dutch on the coffee. Or sometimes they want the entire thing paid for her. In spite of the fact that the guy already paid out on gas & time & whatever else.

It's about expectations.

The woman or certain woman doesn't/ don't expect to pay for the date.
The woman doesn't count the time/money spent on driving or whatever.
The man doesn't want to always pay for each and every date.
The man gets concerned when his time/efforts are not appreciated.

Some guys are just jerks.. Some women are just jerks.

hopefully two like-minded people end up meeting each other and removing themselves from the game.

The thread in question was about nothing.

Some women want an " old-fashioned" & " gentleman" which is code for something .
Some women insist on referring to themselves as "self-respecting" and a "lady" which is again, code for something .

So from here on in, these words appearing on anyone's profile will be a red flag for some people and a clue for others that they share the same belief system.

"AS for too many men sitting around. ": alas that is your experience. For whatever reason, YOU are either attracted to these sort of guys or these sort of guys see something in your profile, IM, email and finally in your personality that allow them to get away with this.

Like that nutbar man who complained about either the read/delete or undelete of whatever, who insisted that millions of men the world offer suffer from this and that it has been happening to men since time began. It's been happening to a certain percentage of men who seem very bitter about their experience, and can't seem to stop themselves from starting threads ranting about this sort of thing for the entire world to see . .

They too can't see that THEY are the problem.

The rest of us don't get upset about something as minor as this. We certainly don't start too many threads about it.
--------------------------
6 coffee dates?
why did you wait that long?

I can't remember if it was you who asked the question about how a cup of coffee could last 15minutes but if it was you, do you understand now? I can also see how you have become somewhat bitter about these coffee dates. I would never go on 6 coffee dates. That guy is just cheap. WHy did you keep putting up with that? I wish you luck. In spite of the tone of some of your posts, you seem nice and sincere. Happy fishing. don't put up with that crap. Those guys are best avoided. Run them over when you see them standing on the curb of the parking lot...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is so funny how the person posting a response on these threads believe that everyone else if fuming at the mouth, rabid with fury and ire while they are typing out a response , they themselves are just calmly responding as if they are filing their nails waiting for Coronation Street to come on the telly.
 Corylus
Msg: 415
Posted: 6/25/2008 4:19:50 PM
Oh boy, would I have a problem with some of you! I don't even own a car

I would, however, be realist enough to recognize that the coffee date might or might not work. I'd google the town for things to do, make a list, and book a car with the car co-operative for the day. If the coffee works, I'd have a new friend to explore the surroundings with, if not I'd go it alone. Either way, I would have had an interesting day meeting someone new and getting to know a part of the countryside, maybe take some interesting pics and have something good to post to my blog.

Some of you are just way too serious...
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 416
Posted: 6/25/2008 4:34:02 PM
I don' t do tjhe long distance thing. Anything more than 45 minutes is a no. And I rprefer 30 minutes or less. 1. Gas is expensive and I don;t want to spednt hemajority of my date driving. i ahve ahd so many women cotnact me who lived an hour or more away. Ia m not going to the city or staten island. Even if its 30 miles with traffic it could take you 2 hours. I've had so many women who wnted me to drive to then. One from staten island wanted to meet me in south jersey a 2 hour drive. the only way I am getting that close is if I go to Atlantic city to gamble. what are people thinking? A guy is not going to drive hours to see someoen for a half hour or for a few hours. It is insane and will costs you $40-$60 in gas and tolls. And that does not include the cost of your date. And the time it takes and how exhausted you get driving for that legnth of time. People have a lot of nerve. Noone climbs mount everest to meet their soul mate that only happens int eh movies. In real life the hero ends up with a local village girl he meets along the way and they live happily ever after. People stay where they can makemoney and where they feel comfortable living.
 AdventurousSpirit62
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2008 8:02:17 PM
Let's not forget that he was driving the same amount of miles to meet you. Sounds like you have expectations of a guy you don't know, or who doesn't know you. If you're not willing to spend a couple of hours to meet someone who could potentially be your boyfriend or partner then stick to only dating guys in your town.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Invited a woman to drive 60 miles to meet for a cup of coffee !![Thread Closed]