Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you bring to a relationship ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 20
view profile
History
What do you bring to a relationship ?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
My body ~ mind ~ soul and I (didn't) don't expect anything less on the inside.
On the outside it is the sense of the great partnership that a relationship is based on.
 Realityissubjective
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What do you bring to a relationship ?
Posted: 4/24/2007 9:55:09 AM

well, ibechuck, and to stay on topic, My tools!!! You are gonna love me.
I have been in renovation school, just finishing <<<<, the Course .
To list my twenty four, and more, NEW tools , which I could bring into our
relationship would be an unfair tease.
Using the art of seduction, let me just say:
Cordless Drill-12 volt, Nail sets, Dry wall square,
Cross cut saw, Level 4', Level2', chisels,Pry bar, Skill Saw...and lots more

Since I dont lift heavy objects, and would rather make cookies than fix things...

I can also go from tool belt to thong with ease.

oh my.... do we have a match?!

COOKIES..!?!? Me like COOOO-KIESSSS!!! Slightly burnt peanut butter are the bestests... Hook a Brother up Darling...!!!
Yep... looks like ya got the House cover.... and Im pretty sure I have the Garage covered..... What more could a relationship possibly need: Tools AND Cookies

....now back to the regular scheduled programing
 capegardengirl
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/24/2007 10:52:36 AM
Gives at last a hug....Can I go out with you?...You are truly wonderful...Why arent there clones like you?
 Playfulgal
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/24/2007 11:48:29 AM
I'll bring the chips. Oh wait you said "relationship" not party..
 youheartme
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/24/2007 7:35:10 PM
Oh, I forgot to say what I bring to the relationship. Well, a healthy sex drive!! My life is never boring. I'm adventurous and always up for a challenge. I've got a lot of passion to share with someone I just haven't found him yet.
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/24/2007 9:04:26 PM
Hey OP, who wants to date a looser? Thats what they are saying. Maybe the loosers don't get it. And the winners got it. If your inbetween, first thing, cut out the negative stereotypes unless you think your being provocative on purpose. But thats not the point of this forum.

In this thread like any relationship you bring into it either negativity or the ability to be positive.

While I agree my original statement can be seen as negative. (dressing down those that are being too picky) the real hope was that people would be positive.

And it worked for some. They came into this thread and gave their positive veiws of what they had to offer another person.

Others chose to bring negative things to this thread. My question was really meant to bring people out and say "hey what do I really have to offer ?" instead of "I dont want such and such a person " or "The person I want has to be so and so or do so and so"

I dont think it was wrong to ask people to state what they see good in themselves. It sure beats some negative things I saw in some profiles
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/25/2007 12:27:31 PM
I remember once a person posted on a thread
"I feel 10% stupider for having read that post"
I feel I should type that here regarding this thread.
Hopefully these forums are helping someone
but I think for the most part they are worse than reading
Cosmo or one of those other "you suck and I don't" magazines.
jaysus
 Wreckless1
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/25/2007 4:00:51 PM
About as much as you can handle...but to know in depth, you will need to read beyond the cover...right!!? (file)...
 bullielover62
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/25/2007 4:34:15 PM
"It just seems like reading a woman's profile is reading a list of demands or a grocery shopping list."

I'm bringing some asparagus.....

And maybe some chopped liver..... LOVE chopped liver.....

OH, and some 2% milk......

Did I forget anything?

jk
 JustKelly70
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 4:46:50 PM
Without making a list I think one word can sum it up and thats Respect
 IWANNABEURSEXYLUV
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/25/2007 5:57:26 PM
I USUALLY BRING- ME -WHICH INCLUDES A TON OF LOVE N------N OH YEAAAAAAA
 youheartme
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:21:41 AM
In response to Jumbo Shrimp...

That's bull that all a woman has to do to be wanted is exist. Men don't have to do chores or perform tricks to make me happy. If I wanted my place clean, I wouldn't go looking for a man, I'd hire a maid. I want to find a man that I enjoy spending time with even if we do nothing at all. Men want to be admired every bit as much as women do. Men can be just as picky as women can be.

As far as that goes, a man's prerequisite for a woman is that she has to be "hot." They go after these women that are as uninteresting as they are unattainable because they see it as a challenge. If they are "successful" in the challenge, they're usually disappointed but if they're lucky, they can tell their buddies that they got laid by a beautiful girl no matter how bad it may have been.
 junipermoon
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 4:50:44 AM
i have an excellent working knowledge of medicinal and edible plants as well as the ability to find and grow them. in addition, i solve problems well and have a background in education.

what does any of this have to do with romance? nothing.

however, i predict that skills such as mine will increase in value over the next 20 years due to the rapid decline of society as we know it. we will get to a point where circumstances will force more and more of us to live off the land.
 sammylg
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/26/2007 5:35:16 AM

From talking to women and noticing profiles of women on here I see alot of demands. They want funny guys, they want nice guys, they want stable guys, they want guys that can take care of them, they want someone who will take them out and not want sex all the time, They want guys to be interesting and not boring, they want guys who are intelligent, ect ect ect....

It just seems like reading a woman's profile is reading a list of demands or a grocery shopping list.

OP,

I agree with you to a certain point. Women on this site always talk (also complain) about the fact that us POF men only look at pictures when it comes down to who we email. However, if the person lists very little about themselves and more about what women are looking for in a man, WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE TO GO ON?

I think if a woman poster feels that it is the man who should be choosing/chasing/contacting her, she needs to market herself as the one that is his best choice, especially if she expects the man to choose/chase/contact a woman based on what is in her head and heart, not her hair, chest or other body parts.

Having said that, I think that many women have very well thought out profiles on POF, better than most men on this site, many of which seem like they go to www.whatwomenwant.com and list a form profile based on what they think women will find attractive.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:20:25 AM
I am a pretty fair person, and the traits I list as requirements I list mostly because they match mine.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/26/2007 12:30:28 PM

So in all honesty ladies what DO you offer to a perspective guy ?

ell us guys what makes you such a great catch

A sense of humor. Endless trivia information (as he needs it). Brilliant taco-making skills. Heavy sleeper (so he can snore). Complete indifference to the toilet seat position. Active libido. Social graces. Two cats. Logic. Realism. A bunch of different little skills that probably don't amount to crap, but are handy and enjoyable.

The only thing that may annoy prospectives is that I'm a tad impatient. I'm not nasty about it, but still.. I'm impatient.

Beyond being single and local, I don't really have demands.. just preferences. On age, specifically.
 jeweles
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/26/2007 3:59:41 PM
I would hope that with any relationship I could ofter, compasion, love,laughter and a feeling that you would never want to be with out.
Thier are alot of women and men that ask for to much in the beginnng, how could you expect someone to fullfill all your needs on a first date.
As for what I could and will offer that one special man is a loving women that will be by his side till the end. I dont ask for him to take care of me or give me material things, as I can get those for myself. I would want him just to love me for whom I'm!
 BeLeJeBKaaN
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/26/2007 10:32:24 PM
I bring a map to guide me home just in case!
 Beat Me Up
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:14:34 PM
Cuddly ... yours is a really challenging view insofar as you are suggesting that since the woman has 'given something you want' ...which presumably means sex,... that initself is sufficient when identifying the things that a woman brings to a relationship??? You are implying that its like a reward thing.

I presume that the woman receives no pleasure whatsoever from her contribution? Further, that after she has made her "contribution" she needn't do or say or assist in any other feature of a relationship?

Regardless, I think the post was 'what do you BRING to a relationship". Most people bring sexuality into a relationship, its not a big deal to physically satisfy one's partner. However, trying to give your partner an emotional or intellectual orgasm ...now that takes thoughtfulness.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/27/2007 8:20:06 PM
Wonder and realism.....ah huh! I am what you see, what you don't, is better yet.
 harviej
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 10:48:05 PM
Some one told me to just bring salad.
 Pronide
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:09:07 PM
Thats a hard question to answer cause I really never thought about it .....I suppose ,myself,honesty,good listener,good decorator,no little kiddies to take care of,Im patient and I cant think of anything else Im too tired.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:34:53 PM
Too many to list, but Most important to me... is Honesty and Sincerity, with that the rest will fall into place.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 6:30:22 PM
Rick R explained why women put a long list of requirements very well indeed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you bring to a relationship ?