Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ...A Sexual Relationship WITHOUT Emotional Attachments...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ophthalgirl
Msg: 492
...A Sexual Relationship WITHOUT Emotional Attachments...Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I look at it this way, sex is SO much better when there are emotions involved; when there is a connection. So...it's far less quality sex without that, in my opinion. Over half of great sex IS in the mind, which is where anticipation and desire start!

So why would you want to take out what's natural, and make it less? Just because you're horny???

We're supposed to be the higher beings in the chain of life, right? Self-control is part of what makes us so. So, apply a little self-control and wait until someone worthwhile comes along and let nature take its course.

Taking advantage of a friendship just because you have "needs"...well, it's just selfish.

My opinion anywho..
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 493
view profile
History
...A Sexual Relationship WITHOUT Emotional Attachments...
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:07:55 AM
FWB: friend with benefits. Two friends who decide to become sexually involved with each other.

FB: F_ck buddy. A man and woman who have no friendship or relationship who decide to become sexually involved with each other.

--------------------

Some people seem to define both of the above as the same. While I've never been involved in either it seems to me number 1 (FWB) has a relationship to begin with. A FWB are two friends deciding to become sexually active.

Yet in forums whenever FWB is mentioned some (especially women) seem to equate and/or define FWB the same as FB. So I guess the question comes up, "do Friends really get involved sexually but not develop a deep romantic connection"?
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 494
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:18:19 AM
I think FWB is a wonderful thing- as long as the parties involved are honest & respectful...same thing w/ f-buddies...just because there is no "window-dressing" of emotions, etc. doesn't make it any less of an enjoyable experience IMO. In fact I think it is more enjoyable, no worry or angst attached to the whole process
 ophthalgirl
Msg: 495
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:42:49 AM
Well I think by the very way the question was posed, it is speaking of friends choosing to have sex, while at the same time acknowledging that there is no romantic interest in a relationship beyond the friendship and sex, and can it survive in long term form as it is.

So, FB aren't really in the equation here, although it is also sex without the desire for anything more than what it is.

Can it scratch the itch short term? Maybe. I don't think it helps you to develop healthy relationships later. You're used to shutting the natural evolution of things off for your own selfish gratification. You don't want the "hassle" of a relationship, but you want the benefits of one. You may learn some skills or be the recipient of a friend who has some sexual prowess in the bedroom which can certainly feel good.

But it is still far better...when it's the whole enchillada!

To me, this is like saying to the "friend"..."okay, I care about you enough to have sex with you, but I don't want the rest of you enough for anything more. And I really need sex right now, so can I use your body sexually for my own self-gratification while we both continue to look for the bigger, better deal? I mean, I'll make you feel good too, so it should be fine."...

Ick.
 nikkisenko
Msg: 496
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:47:54 AM
I'm not even interested in having sex unless their is some sort of emotional attachment brewing. He doesn't have to be "the one". But, I do have to have some feeling for him.
 Paderic
Msg: 497
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:48:40 AM
Sex without love reduces it to a biological function. Emotional attachment makes it so much more intense...
 rhogan
Msg: 498
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:51:35 AM
I had fwb for over 4 years on and off.
The emotions got in the way, I got hurt because he could not commit. So NO...there is no such thing as sexual relationship without emotions!
 mdgs
Msg: 499
Posted: 11/26/2011 6:47:02 PM
The worst mistake I ever made in my life was just this---to pursue sex without attachment. I thought it was safe (emotionally speaking) because I was already attached.
I paid dearly for it.
Got my heart stomped on so bad it was ridiculous.
Never again, no matter how long it takes, no matter how frustrated I get.
 albinosquirlz
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:14:06 PM

I look at it this way, sex is SO much better when there are emotions involved; when there is a connection

Sex is one method for closeness and bonding with someone.

Sex is also a way to get a huge dopamine hit.

If one or both is getting too much dopamine and not enough bonding, then it's going to get old fairly fast.

The biggest mistake people make is thinking orgasm is the goal of having sex, when it is in fact, eventually counter-productive to long term bonding.
 mochaman01
Msg: 501
Posted: 11/28/2011 6:21:30 AM
I believe it can happen in a 1 or 2 time situation, but eventually it will lead to an emotional attachment maybe even love.sex is a major part of any relationship and has major implications on the persons involved.
 intheweeds2
Msg: 502
Posted: 11/28/2011 1:51:20 PM
Oh yes, it's possible but you have to both be very open and honest about what you both want and need. There can be no drama and no games! Finding the right partner for this is the most difficult part.
 christyis4real
Msg: 503
Posted: 11/28/2011 2:10:18 PM

I would like to get a general concensus on a topic that has come up among the guys I work with and myself. The topic is... "Is it possible for two consenting adults to become LONG TERM sex partners without emotion(s) becoming an issue?"

In my personal experiance, no. I am sure that there are some out there that can and will make that "situation" work.
 sameb212
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2011 9:35:50 PM
Personally, I think all guys need to have one "strictly sexual" relationship with someone to make their real relationship work. I personally can not be a good boyfriend to my significant other if I am not getting some of my sexual frustrations out on another female who I have absolutely no emotional tie to. I actually like doing it this way, and plan to continue it when I am married in order to make my marriage work.

Just being honest.
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 505
Posted: 11/28/2011 9:59:44 PM
plan to continue it when I am married in order to make my marriage work

Do you also plan to TELL your future wife before the nuptials that she's not going to be the only woman you're having sex with?

Just curious.
 JamesHermes
Msg: 506
Posted: 11/28/2011 10:06:29 PM
I think it depends on the two people. If it's mutual then I guess sex is sex. If one of them has feelings for the other then it's impossible.

I had an ex try FWB on me once and I thought I liked the idea until we actually got together. It got as far as kissing before I told her to stop. Of course I was in love with her and having sex just didn't feel right outside of a real relationship.

If it was with a girl I didn't have feelings for FWB might of actually lead to sex. I don't really know sense I haven't been able to try it.
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:29:16 AM
I had this type of friend when I was younger.
Many years later the guy told me it took him a long time to get over me.
I was stunned! I thought we were on the same page.
He obviously had much stronger feelings than I did.
From talking to people that seems to be pretty much the way it goes.One person
eventually gets hurt.
I know I could never manage it these days.
I have to be really into a man to have sex and if Im that into him...my heart is already on its way.
 redsox322
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 5:37:21 AM
If its just a fwb dont ruin it by feelings which most likely wont be recipricated. Just my opinion. Its not hard to differentiate sex as just sex. Its so easy and noone gets hurt unless they choose to let themselves
 Capn_America
Msg: 509
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:21:10 AM
Be it as it may, I don't do FWB. EVER. Because it never happens to be just that, it either turns into a relationship or you end up hurting someone's feeling, which I'm not prepared to do. Beyond my uncaring and cold exterior I actually care a lot about women, probably a lot more than I should in fact. So I don't do FWB. I think its sometimes cruel.
But that's cos I never met a girl yet who wanted to sleep with me who didnt fall in love with me.
Its either a good thing or a bad thing lol
 redsox322
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:26:24 AM
Its only cruel if you go into it hoping it will change and you would be an idiot to do that lol
 Capn_America
Msg: 511
Posted: 11/29/2011 6:32:33 AM
Its only cruel if you go into it hoping it will change and you would be an idiot to do that lol

I dont. I go in there knowing, then they want to change that allll by themselves lol And I kind ofgo along with it, cos I'm not a fussy guy. They come in at me with the whole "I see you in my soup thing" and I go like, sure, okay, I can live with that.
SO at one point what was to be a FWB situation turned into a 2 year relationship...was it something I said?

And I'm not an idiot, idiot lol
 larissan04
Msg: 512
Posted: 12/1/2011 6:54:54 PM
i think this sounds like wishful thinking on the guy's part. honestly, the vast majority of women are not built this way. women get hurt, very, very hurt in scenarios like this while the guys slink away.
 ForumsGee
Msg: 513
Posted: 12/1/2011 7:42:25 PM
If you were a prostitute ..yes! easy peasy coz its just a job :)
 Beccalee1965
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 4:10:08 AM
I have been involved in a FwB scenario of which was entered into with the premise of taking the arrangement, so to speak--for what it was worth. Our involvement growing beyond the mere sexual benefits of our friendship, was not entertained nor seen as a potential underlying conduit of such. I entered in with an open mind and without expectation of anything more than see'n it and taking it for what it was worth. In regard to emotional attachment, romantic overtones or ideations developing or becoming an issue, has not ever become an issue. As the relationship has continued and progressed, emotional attachments as within the confines of friendship, have developed & expanded--as has our explicit openness of communication, interaction, exploration, experimentation and pursuit of discovery & attaining the mutual heightening, gratification and fulfillment within the realm and confines of our raw, carnal sensuality. sexuality, eroticism... brought to fruition. SO--YEH...it is possible! However--this kinda thing is not for everyone! And, by no means...the meek or the leary! LOL...Ours is a definite "walk on the wild side"!!!
 top_hill
Msg: 515
Posted: 12/3/2011 9:27:07 AM
I think the answer is YES for some people in the right situation. Sometimes 2 people may enjoy spending sometime with each other. But there is a specific reason why they don't want a LTR. Perhaps there are certain lifestyle differences between the two. Or both people wanted to take an extended break from dating after ending a relationship.

I think a reason why many FWB relationships fail is that one person will agree to it secretly leading it will lead to something more. I think a FWB will rarely work when 1 person isn't upfront about their intentions.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 516
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 6:39:46 PM
Hi

A Sexual Relationship WITHOUT Emotional Attachments is sex only.

When a lady allows her self to have sex with another person it is often more than just sex.

Do ladies expect more from there partners than they can give them?

Is having high expectations of others often painful due to the dissapointments of their expectations ?

Do ladies think that can help a male open up and fulfill a ladies needs and wants.

Can it be that often ladies find it difficult to forgive and move on because they are nto able to heal their own earlier emotional scarring.

Love is suppose to be a two way street yet can some men give of them self unconditionally to the ladies needs.

Can it be that often people need to fullfill their own wants and needs before they can help fulfill other people wants and needs.

Love and peace to everyone

Dave
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > ...A Sexual Relationship WITHOUT Emotional Attachments...