Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > The Great Virtue Sitting Parlor and Greasy Spoon      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1926
The Great Virtue Sitting Parlor and Greasy Spoon Page 78 of 80    (40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80)
Progress, of sort, lol! I "failed" the manometry test (the Lower Esophageal Sphincter was too tightly closed to allow the probe down. . . .)(The probe has a 3mm head.)(That's smaller than a pea.) They were going to prescribe meds to open it up. But the only meds they were *willing* to prescribe (Calcium Channel Blockers), I'm allergic to. In any event, the manometry revealed that the main body of the esophagus is NOT contracting (consistent with Achalasia), and since this is the third test where my condition is "consistent with Achalasia", they're willing, to grudgingly accept that's what I have. Problem is: *they* don't treat for it. I have to be referred to our big teaching hospital: UVA in Charlottesville. Which is a *good* place to have virtually *anything* done. It takes TWO WEEKS to simply set up the referral. So I'm guessing this is going to stretch out into the new year. . . . There goes Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. . . .And Ah Well --> at least it is moving forward.

Funny when you get close to starvation how long delays *feel*. . . .
 Brizo
Msg: 1927
view profile
History
The Great Virtue Sitting Parlor and Greasy Spoon
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:35:44 PM
I hope you get in there soon...*hugs*

the poems are great. Love when people write about real stuff.
 cesska
Msg: 1928
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2011 7:31:04 PM
PRAYING for you
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1929
Posted: 11/28/2011 8:07:49 PM
Tanks, Briz! And *welcome* cesska! Prayers are so welcome!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1930
Posted: 12/9/2011 10:44:11 AM
Good news! (Of a sort, lol!) I have an appointment with a surgeon next Tuesday (the thirteenth, and 13 has always been my lucky number!). After almost two months of stonewalling by the GIs (I think I'd go mad married to a GI). Perhaps not-so-good: he wants a stress test for my heart (also scheduled for that day). I'm gathering if I fail the stress test, there won't be surgery. At least not by him.

At any rate, I'm happy for the nonce. Who can ask for more?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1931
Posted: 12/15/2011 9:01:45 PM
Have a surgery date!! December 27, 2011!!

WOOT!
 andover1111
Msg: 1932
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2011 2:54:49 AM
ah, a turning point
to start the coming new year
on a road to renewed energies
body aligning with spirit
let it roll

(wishing you best luck and continued strength)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1933
Posted: 12/21/2011 1:54:26 PM
Thanks, andie! All good wishes welcome.

Think this is coming just in time. My legs, especially the left have been swollen since the calcium channel blocker they gave me in the hospital. Finally got to working on the water retention (which is dicey because of the screwed up potassium); if one takes potassium sparing diuretics, one risks getting TOO much, which is very dangerous; on regular (non-potassium sparing) one risks depletion, which is ALSO very dangerous. So taking non-sparing, and BIG doses of potassium along with it. And as the water comes off, my *real* weight is being revealed: I was 122 this morning, which is two pounds more than when I was admitted to the hospital and down 13 from when I was discharged. I 'spect I'll be down in the teens somewhere by Tuesday. . . . Haven't weighed this little since I was 12. Added: never any way to be sure how much of any med is actually getting through. . . . I know some is, cause I can be spitting up vitamin B at the same time my urine has already turned florescent, lol!

On the plus side, it's soooooooooooo nice to have legs that don't weigh ten pounds, and need to be lifted (by hand) to get up stairs, or onto a clutch pedal.

I'm *sure* there's poetry in this somewhere. Just haven't located it yet. . . .
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1934
Posted: 12/24/2011 5:35:19 PM
Two days. And yes I'm counting.
 Brizo
Msg: 1935
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:15:38 AM
How tall are you Woobs? Maybe you can get in the 130s...that's my goal weight. I've had ten or less pounds usually to lose to get there but think I can?
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 1936
Posted: 12/29/2011 12:57:36 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery and much happiness for the New Year
filled with much deserved peace prosperity and health

(and everything you secretly wish for~)
~xlr8ingmargo
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1937
Posted: 12/30/2011 2:39:07 PM
Biz ~~ I'm 5'5" ~~ And weighed 134 when they discharged me yesterday. Again, way more dehydrated than I thought. But manohman I am swallowing SO well right now! Not hungry, but what goes down STAYS down, which has not been true for six months (actually, years. . . . ). Wunnderfooooooooooool!

Thanks, Margo: it appears to have all the earmarks of a lovely year to come. I can feel energy literally flooding back in!

The news seems to be: it's working, and it didn't hurt too much. Will worry about the copays around Valentine's Day. Or later.

AND: my potassium is right at 4. Which is very very good indeed.
 Brizo
Msg: 1938
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2012 4:58:41 PM
:-)

Great news for the New Years babe!

in the forest
I've never seen
she exists
in understory
filmy green

I make my lists
of things that I
must do
and somewhere
I put you
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1939
Posted: 1/2/2012 11:19:41 AM
You're on my list, too. Maybe this year? I'm already beginning to feel *noticeably* better. . . . Guess getting enough "nutrients" will do that fer ya, eh?

In case you were thinking that that ol' Hope Springs Eternal thang doesn't work. . . . This was just posted by my sweet Brother In Law on his facebook page. . . .

After knowing her for only 11 days I asked her to marry me. Three months later on the anniversary of the day we met we were married and now 37 years later I am still amazed and blessed to be by her side. Thanks Paula for your love and friendship. The best is yet to be...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1940
Posted: 1/5/2012 6:51:46 AM
Repair

As the bruising from the needles eases
the ghost edges of adhesive tape surface
I scrub it off; more appears

Inside, healing takes place also
unseen in the hot red dark
eased by dark red liquid taken by mouth

Breath returns
a bit of bounce
opening of eyes in the morning
no longer a matter of fatigue

Awake again
alive in the dead of winter
loving the light
looking for adventure

jjl
5 January 2012
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1941
Posted: 1/23/2012 12:57:47 AM
You are in a boat
pulling out from the shore
into a mist

Everyday, much as I don't
wish it, less of you makes it through
to me

I want so much to join you
or you to row back to shore
It doesn't happen

Someone else wears your beloved jacket
You gave away the cap
The last of the perfume is almost gone

jjl
23 January 2012
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1942
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:49:56 PM
Happy Year of the Dragon, everyone!

I'm a dragon, so it's official, lol!

And on the first day of this new and auspicious year, my only blog, my baby, just passed its 100,001 visitor!! I did not know I'd be this excited!! What *is* it about numbers?

apurfectmeow
Msg: 1943
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:33:24 AM
I am a wood dragon
this is our year!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1944
Posted: 1/25/2012 11:40:51 AM
Be careful though: according to my ex, who is Chinese, those whose year it is have issues. I can't back that up from web reading, but it sort of feels like the mixed messages from a Mercury Retrograde, lol!
 ~Gitane~
Msg: 1945
Posted: 1/25/2012 1:59:28 PM
Congrats on passing the 100,000 mark Wooby!!!!! And have a great dragon year!! (don't worry about what you've heard... just trust that it will be!) Bisous!!!!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1946
Posted: 4/27/2012 5:11:14 AM
Band of glowing pink along the purple mountain's
edges to the north (which is my view).
So brief and bright!

The dogwood's pale cups of glad
the maple's small green umbrellas
unfurled along the branch
the oak's deep pink mouse ears

The wheel of the year, turning
Yet again

jjl
27 Aprille 2012
 notanecho
Msg: 1947
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2012 7:45:32 AM
But what precedes all of this? Nature is not an beginning and an end within itself. Nature is under not over..a Creator. Make sense? Pantheism is ..but not over. regards, al z
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1948
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:02:44 PM
Hi, Al. I agree; howsumever, this *was* a poemlet about my world as its being just now. I'm grateful that as I've aged, the inside of things and the outside of things are getting closer together, more whole, as it were. As (my kind of) a Quaker, my relationship with the Universe is pretty intimate, and pretty much without words. Doesn't have much to do with how I think others should behave, more with how I should. I was startled a few years back to realize I was no longer any kind of Christian, and hadn't been for a long long time. I rest easy in that knowing.

I truly adore words, and what can be done with them. But they, too, have limitations. I was a philosophy major for three years as an undergrad, but ended up dropping it about the time I realized that I honestly didn't care to go further with the dissection of trees falling in the forest, or whether if God existed what must he then be like. I want my words to be evocative rather than mathematical. Though I've known mathematicians more poet than number cruncher.

Always welcome!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1949
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:42:55 PM
I miss the emoticons. Jus' me.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1950
Posted: 9/9/2012 12:29:16 PM
Dammit, Steve, You told me you’d live forever.
And I believed you. Almost till the very end.

Never a lap sitter. But I remember the week Angie
died, and you slept against my naked back. Pure comfort
for us both.

Who loved running. Leaping. Acrobat. Joy in motion.
Brought so low, the legs whipping air in senseless moves.
Able only to scoot. And finally not even that.

Held between the hands, the energy beat strong
even until the last day. The hum of love, of peace, of joy.
Thank you for that gift.

I hope you are running now – across fields, up trees.
And I forgive you for the baby bunny and the birds.
So many birds. . . .
And mice. Nice about the mice.

And grateful you spared me the last trip, screaming
and howling, to let you go. You always did things
your own way.

Give him a hug from me, Angie.

jjl
9 September 2012
Show ALL Forums  > Poems And Quotes  > The Great Virtue Sitting Parlor and Greasy Spoon