Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Minau
Msg: 48
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hmm...can't say I've done anything too dumb...I went home with him after a party...although we didn't do anything...but I was in grade 9 he was in grade 12...he got upset at the party and tried to get in a fight with his friend b/ his friend was flirting with me...but we weren't even dating...so to make him feel better I went back into town with him (30 minute drive)...I got him a rose when he was in the hospital (same guy)...drove to the next town with him b/ he lost his wallet (45 minute drive) when I barely knew him...altho I knew I was crazy about him (same guy)...would call him up every two years and see him...and he was always available on a dime...he was never not available (same guy)...ya nothing too crazy or dumb...and pretty much kept the flame going for 17 years...now that may be dumb!!
 Arabianangel
Msg: 49
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:42:45 AM
The dumbest thing I've ever done for love was to wait around till he was 'ready'...the smartest thing I've ever done was to realise and accept that only the present moment counts, if they're not ready today, they never ever will be. Sad but true.
 lelathecat
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:50:33 AM
The dumbest thing was showing up in the first place.
 Make it happen!
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/24/2009 9:54:01 AM
The dumbest think I've ever done for love.................

Thought that a man on the email was telling the truth, used his own face and told his own story.... and I just believed him..................

Getting married, staying single, gosh.............done for love........ paid too much for that sexy little black dress... yeah, thats it. He is a man and hardle noticed how hot the dress was..............
 readyornot57
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 3:37:29 PM
The dumbest thing I did was allow a steady stream of my wife's relatives stay for prolonged periods because they needed a place. Often six months to two years.
She would converse with them and ignore me. And of course, because I put up with it, she lost all respect for me.

The FUNNIEST thing was when I was 21. There was this real cute drive through bank teller.
I would drive the company van to the drive through each day to make the company deposit. One night, I wrote a note for her that actually started "dear lady at the bank"
telling her that I thought she was cute, etc (What a MORON!) anyway, the next day, I was so nervous as I approached the drive through, I ran over the cement divider and GOT STUCK on the median right outside her window!!! I was horrified, and quickly took the letter out of the pouch.........it took 2 minutes of shifting to get off the median.
When I did give it to her a few days later, she returned it, signing it "Sorry, I'm married!" (Mrs. Debbie .......) I kept it for a few years and still remember her full name!
And my dating life went downhill from there.
 Vannili
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:15:30 PM
Nun that I know of .
 GeminiJay1
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/24/2009 4:46:25 PM
Hmm, I would have to say it was in '03 when I drove 100 miles from Orlando to a little past Clearwater, FL to surprise an Ex of mine and ask for her to take me back. I had this big Stuffed Bear that had a "Forgive Me" T-Shirt on, along with a card. When I got there she had already moved on, and was in another relationship : ( ..so I had to drive all the way back home upset. It went from the most exciting day to what was probably was the worst night of my life but you live and learn.
 ArMAnDo777
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/10/2009 10:05:03 PM
After a break up, I let her keep my XBOX 360. Damn I wish I had it right now!!!
 RobertKoi
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:04:42 PM
This thread is almost 3 years old now...

But anyway, the dumbest thing that I've ever done was getting involved with the wrong person. How about that? We argued before we met on the phone, "broke off" for two weeks, started talking again, met after a week or so, I went to her place, we argued there a few times, got home and a week or so later we started arguing on the phone. Eventually we got to the point where we couldn't even talk for 2 minutes without raising our voice. The things that we argued about were things that nobody should ever have to deal with. I wanted to be exclusive but she wanted to keep her options open by staying in touch with certain people... This shi.t lasted for WAY too long. I should've followed my intuition and never even met her. Believe it or not, but we had our last, brief chat on the phone Tuesday afternoon. We didn't argue but it wasn't a pleasant call.

I guess that we all run into these people or situations sometime in life... You have someone telling you how much he/she loves you, etc. etc., and then his/her actions don't match up with the words. I learned a thing or two from that experience. Although she claimed to be in love with me, but I always kept my eyes open and I definitely don't regret that. We probably broke off 5 times but this time it's definitely over.
 Ependa
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:08:00 PM
Sold everything I owned and moved out of state and away from all of my friends and family. It turned out horribly (go figure ;-). He almost killed me and I ended up on the run. That would be NO. And probably because I was young, invincible, and impulsive. Unless I knew then what I know now..in that case, of course I wouldn't =)
 redheadruby
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2010 4:30:01 PM
You win my undying love........for making me smile........Susan
 RobertKoi
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/13/2010 7:50:39 PM
"Stayed too long, didn't let go. When the writing is on the wall it is time to split."
------------
Exactly. Sometimes you just don't want to let go even when all the "alarm bells" are ringing. It's like you're trying to squeeze out even the smallest of possibility to save it. Basically you're just trying to keep an ocean liner from sinking with a shoelace.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/27/2010 2:40:39 PM
believed the words coming out of her mouth.

and when the nagging suspisciou kicked it, it confirmed what I should have seen if I wasnt being dumb.
 majyk1
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:14:42 PM
Dumbest thing I've done.... Put up with mediocre sex.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 71
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:58:33 PM
Quit my job with no back-up plans.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/27/2010 4:06:36 PM

Nearly 4 years with a profile here.
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:12:20 PM
Join this site.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 77
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:39:50 PM
Many years ago, met a guy through a personal ad in the local city magazine (yep, that's what we did before the interwebz). He came on strong, swept me off my feet and asked me to move in together after only 2 months with an eye towards getting married the next year. Against my own better judgement, I agreed. We moved to a new place and then he dumped me 2 weeks later. I couldn't afford to move out, so I had to stay there for a whole year until the lease was up. Fortunately he traveled a lot and made himself scarce, and he did pay his half of the rent, so I almost never had to run into him the rest of the time we lived there.

I never made any mistake quite THAT bad again.
 Minau
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:05:53 AM
I can`t recall anything too dumb...except maybe going on a camping trip followed by a 5 day roadtrip to Oregon with someone I just met less then 24 hours...it was love at first sight what I can I say The dumbest thing my ex has ever done was drive 10 hours overnight and show up at my door the following morning when I tried to break up with him...I was shocked.
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:37:40 AM
staring and following people around. talking about an upcoming date nonstop.
 Snotsure
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:11:06 AM
I would say

Paying for it with my credit card
 mickeymowss
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:36:05 PM
Give me about 5 years, no 5 months, maybe till July, and I'll get back to ya,
haha
 halbailman
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:18:27 PM
Modified the lyrics to a song and sang it at a karaoke for the girl i liked at the time...
but that wasnt love.

for love Perhapse it was taking a page from "Our song" and writing home every day while she was gone away at christmas only to break up shortly after..
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:47:41 PM
Gave up a 75k a year job working 30 hours or less a week at 23 years old...

To move her to another city so she could go to school.

I took a 45k paycut and had to work 20 hours a week more than I had been.

And she complained about money. (she didn't work - just bought a lot of bras)

::FACEPALM::

-8sf8
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:37:52 AM
Some might be thinking.....the dumbest thing was to join a dating site....lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >