Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pichieloo
Msg: 100
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
LOL! for sure this will be a forum that everybody need to post something, because all of us had been there and done that! My dumbest was to go back with my ex fiance after I found him posting and asking for sex on a website when he was not even touching me using the excuse that he was tired. LOL! sure tired of doing manuelas online! After that we didn't last more than 2 month. he gave his phone number i think to the entire website and was geting sexual texting almost everyday. and believe me i will not go back to that.
 peonywoman
Msg: 101
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:19:12 AM
Been there done that! Don't want to remember crappola.
 Vannili
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:00:51 AM
When it comes to love or life I don't do dumb things for God gave me a mind, a tool to manage my life , but if it went into another direction , I don't waste my time blaming myself or labeling myself DUMB
,but try other direction until the result is satisfying to me..
 ariat82
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/29/2012 11:39:20 AM
I did the whole move away thing and gave up a great life only for it to crumble to the ground later but at least I know not to ever do that again. It has helped me so much and I have been single now for 17 months (longest ever since I was 19) and I have finally taken time for myself and know exactly what/who I am looking for.

a few silly things I did for love?
at the ripe old age of 14 I had a crush on my sisters ex-boyfriend (they were already broke up) I found out his address and had a balloon bouquet sent to his house for his birthday. Talk about child-stalker! LOL When he finally did see me it was awkward but we ended up friends and to this day we talk on Fbook.

Bleached my hair super blond to get my boyfriend who just left back to Iowa to come home. He always told me he thought I would be hot as a blond. He ended up staying to get back with his ex but the picture haunted him because he loved it A LOT. When his ex dumped him he tried to come crawling back and I said "kiss my a$$!"

And finally.....I, being a country gal, fell head over heels for someone totally NOT my type. He drove a new charger with rims and he was super hot, wanted me (for some unknown reason) chased me and he had $ and I was stupid. I got all dressed up in heels and did my makeup and totally looked nothing like myself. Went to a club with him and ended up almost breaking my darn ankle. We did end up dating for 4 months but when I found out he bought an engagement ring I freaked out and dumped him. He had just left his wife a few weeks before we met and My divorce wasn't final either. What a crazy dude!
 prettyandcurvy
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/29/2012 2:46:52 PM

Oh boy to embarrassed to even tell lol!

Lol. I feel the same way :-)
 Greenstick
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:47:08 PM
Stayed far too long in an abusive marriage with an alcoholic, despite my 3 kids begging me to leave and take them with me. My only reason was that I hoped, with support, that my ex would see the light and return to the once wonderful person she was. I left with the kids, she still hasn't changed 7 years later.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/29/2012 5:53:54 PM
walked dead on into a light pole and bled so bad i needed stitches. a week later she dumped me. lol high school love
 blusurf
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2012 7:52:30 PM
Paying for my then fiance to go back to finsh law school about 15 years ago. She ran off with one of her profs, a 56yr old woman, after discovering her "true" sexual idenity. Only hurts when I laugh.
 TedJMill
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2012 7:38:27 AM
Buying a house with her. I had to cover most of it, things went downhill rapidly when we lived together, and I ended up selling it a year later for a big loss.
 AnAustralianWoman
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/30/2012 9:15:38 AM
My b/f at the time was acting like a child at his friends birthday barbie. (Chewing on cow dung).
My best friend wanted to meet a new guy in town and asked me to go with her. It meant me leaving the barbie to go with my bestie, so I did.
Turned out that we were later than expected getting back to the barbie and my b/f had already headed off into town to find me. (We were heading back to the barbie).
On the way back I saw my b/f's car across the road with the roof caved in. He had crashed.
We had only just arrived second's after impact.
The ambulance arrived.....My b/f was dead.

Given the circumstances, would you do it again?
.....I would like to say NO, but at that time I did not realize what the consequenses would be. I was 19 years of age and so was he.
 DomG79
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/5/2012 2:54:41 AM

Often times in the name of love we do some pretty stupid things.

What's is the dumbest thing that you've ever done for love, how did it turn out, what were the consequences, and are you still with that person? Given the circumstances, would you do it again?

Online dating. It works for other people, not for me. I felt stupid for using it, but now I perceive it as more of a love lottery. You cannot win if you don't play. My name is in the hat, waiting for someone to pull it out. Otherwise, coming on these forums is cool. I think my luck with meeting people outside of the internet is improving anyway, little by little.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 111
Dumb For Love...
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:43:24 PM
lent out my copy of 'POF for dummies'
..........................................................................................................................
just joshin
sounded good for a quick reply
now, would someone pullease go write that book ??
(oh, and send me a first press ltd autographed copy ;D
tank you tank you vewwy much :)
 AddHomonym
Msg: 112
Dumb For Love...
Posted: 5/16/2012 8:56:10 PM
The dumbest thing? That would have to be getting married but that isn't very funny.

So I have another one for you:

In high school, I developed a crush on an extremely hot and exceedingly cool girl who actually liked hanging out and listening to records with me.

I totally fell for her and decided to write a poem for her. I wrote it up in calligraphy and designed some sort of really crappy artistic foolishness to dress it up. It was titled "The Girl of My Dreams"...seriously.

It was late on Christmas Eve and I thought it might be nice for her to find it all rolled up with a red ribbon on it, on Christmas morning. So I went out into the snowy night and slipped it behind her screen door.

When I finally did reach her a few days later, she told me about how she awoke on Christmas morning to the sounds of laughter coming from downstairs. Since I didn't bother to address it to anyone specific, someone opened it up and the whole gang got a big chuckle out of it.

THAT was pretty dumb, I must say. No, I'm pretty sure I won't ever do that again.
 FairIsFair
Msg: 113
Dumb For Love...
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:05:01 PM
Well, it wasn't love....but I believed in him. Trusted him not to hurt me.
Outcome? None. We aren't together now. He hates me now.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 114
Dumb For Love...
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:58:15 PM
Naw, that was sweet homonym.........Sitting here thinking how to locate to tell a few band members thanks for the songs. Hope they weren't crushed, back in the day...........

Well, SHE may not have appreciated it way back then, but we can give you retro-credits for effort!
Aah technology.............when used properly..........for its intended purpose
spread the love around this lil planet o hearts :)
 TantricJedi
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:15:23 PM
Hmm...paying $25K for an engagement ring and filing a chapter 13 bankruptcy to wipe out her $80K of credit card debt. Also accepting alimony to the second wife for the 'love' of the third.
 tallmanenters
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:17:03 PM
My boss' girlfriend. It turned out bad.
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:47:08 PM
Built a house I didn't want and couldn't afford in a place 150 kilometres away from where I earned my living.

The consequences were divorce (partially due to the house amogst other things).

Would I do it again? Not a chance, I would have bought the place I wanted and could afford instead of letting myself be talked into building a behemoth ! lol
 TRESemme
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/21/2012 2:36:48 PM
Dumbest thing that I have ever done for love is to marry my husband. How did it turn out? He never stop cheating on me so we separated last month. Consequences? He is living with that girl right now with her son. And I am all alone and trying to move on but am still hurting and thinking of him everyday though. Would I do it again? Hell to the ****ing no.
 nightowl2004
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:07:23 AM
Dated a guy 22 yrs. younger than I. Lasted 7 yrs. Slowly fizzled away. I realized it would fizzle eventually. We work @ same place, but different depts. I wouldn't do it again. GREAT MEMORIES & GREAT FOR THE EGO, while it lasted.
 MementoMori32
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:10:30 AM
Say "I do"

Yeah, that was the dumbest one.
 Nerfmagnet1
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:21:19 AM
Easy.

6 years ago I was engaged to a very "fashionable" girl. She went through my wardrobe throwing out anything that wasn't "cool" enough and had me model the rest of the clothes. She took 2 mini Polaroids of each outfit and numbered them 1-20something. I got one copy and she got the other and whenever we were going to hang out and do things she would go through her pictures and find the outfit that best matches the one she was wearing and tell me "wear number 8 today with your converse shoes"

I let this girl do anything she wanted, I gave her everything she wanted.

Never again will I let someone have THAT much control over me... or any control over me for that matter.
 Capn_America
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/8/2012 7:14:08 AM

Do I REALLY have to answer this?
I don't want to kill anyone while they laugh over all the STUPID crap I've done.
Actually saying its stupid is insulting stupidity as a concept.......
 AddHomonym
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/8/2012 10:56:19 AM

"wear number 8 today with your converse shoes"

This has got to be one of the scariest dating stories I've ever heard. I'm so glad to see that you are using the past tense for this tale, what a frickin' psycho! How could you let someone like that get close to you? Spooky as fahk.
 Rob3444
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/8/2012 12:04:04 PM
I tied a string onto my weewee, tied the other end to the shower curtain rod then jumped up and down. Consequences were that I slipped and almost lost my head.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >