Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abrethoffreshair
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Do Not Dating ListPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
You think you've got problems???

Go to: dontdatehimgirl.com

Pull it up & see if you're listed on there or if you
know of someone who is. The lady/owner of this
websites ex-husband SUED her over creating
this website & guess what??? HE LOST! The
judge ruled in her favor...it was all over the news &
she posted the fact that she won the case on her
website. You can check it out yourself...I happened
to catch it on the national news that morning, that's
how I found out about the website.
 spellbyndr
Msg: 100
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/2/2007 6:23:08 AM
Phew Steelcowboy!....you have had some bad luck with women! I have some stories too...but they're water under the bridge and have just made me more cautious......lol...
I've been looking for man who loves me unconditionally, makes me feel like a goddess (because I deserve it ) and it seems like all the men who are willing to do that end up with the nutters!
Not sure if I agree with the Do not date list tho..........you can't really believe any stories on it because these people have an agenda.......unfortunately, women, especially once they are sexually involved, become emotionally involved...it's just the way it is, and if any woman says that's not true, they're lying..........and if they get dumped, well, hell hath no fury as they say........I hope you meet someone sane.....sounds like you are nice guy, and just get taken advantage of. Be more diligent, do a background check if you suspect your next paramour might be a nutter lol.....They say (and I don't know who "they" is lol ) that there is someone out there for everyone.........perhaps it just takes some of us longer than others to find them......
Good luck!
 betterlate
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List????
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:55:22 AM
What about all the scorned men? Why are you such a sexist? Why are you so hostile? Get over yourself, if you are being a jerk or have been one and are afraid of being put on the list, start behaving with honesty and dignity, if you dont want to, well the word is going to get around with or without the list. People do communicate but I would say you have just hung your self with all of your negativity. IT looks to me that the OP wrote and ran, has not been back... must have had a lot to hide. I still dont see the do not date.... list anywhere, was this just a question????

It is not just women that get upset when treated badly, it is a human reaction to pain, or rejection.
Oh well, it is over, he is gone and we dont have to worry about it anymore....
bl
 sheshe50
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/2/2007 9:44:11 AM
Apparently you have been outed by someone as being in the catagory that you feel falls under slander. No one is perfect and maybe you need to take a good look at yourself. Never know, you may see what someone else is seeing and understand why they may have said what they did. Just a suggestion.
 Lario
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/2/2007 3:14:08 PM

Stupid people and slinkies have one thing in common. neither one is good for much, but push them down a flight of stairs...just try not to giggle!!
I am leaving this site purely for this new feature which not only is descriminatory, but open this site to litigation and lawsuit.
Slander: . Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.
does not apply to this web site.

Glass houses... though written comments may not be slander, they may certainly be libelous either of which may give rise to a cause of action.
 1Fish2Fish RedFishNewFish
Msg: 113
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 4:04:32 PM

Obviouly(sic) the person they are writing about did something to make them bitter.

Or not. There are emotionally unsound people who do not exist in the same state of reality as the majority. A jilted lover, for example, may want to bash his/her ex because they want their ex to "suffer." Every story has (at least) two sides, and by enabling this kind of feature / web site, it permits only one side to be told. People's reputations could be damaged by a vindictive person. If that person was angry / hateful / vindictive enough, they could solicit friends to add testimony, or even create multiple profiles for the purpose of bashing someone.

Also, Nobody can make me anything. I can choose to be bitter about something, or I can choose to let it go, like water over a dam. The best revenge is living well!
 Bee0000
Msg: 115
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 4:49:43 PM
I think its a good idea.Maybe put in my opinion,maybe save a lawsuitMight keep some of these cheaters off of here.By the way,thats how I found this spot.A cheating man I was living with.His personal talking about a woman making him feel complete.Getting to the live in stage.Only problem was this blinded woman who thought he loved her...What a joke.
 shinobi1
Msg: 117
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/4/2007 5:41:03 PM
This reminds me of a skit in 'The Flying High Movie' - very telling (see it if you can).

IF this list is open to misuse Gents, then misuse it! Choke it with lots and lots of girls that do not appeal or all the guys in your area (especially your real competition!)....guerilla tactics

WakeDan
Msg: 122
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/5/2007 1:42:58 AM
whatsaminger wrote

I tried to contact admin about this so they could let the man know he was being slandered

Wow, that was really nice of you to take steps and try to help someone out like that. Obviously the admin of the site doesn't care about fairness or accuracy.

Im just glad a woman stuck up for a man, as much as she could.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/5/2007 7:03:18 AM
This sounds like women-hating to me.

I am leaving this site purely for this new feature which not only is descriminatory, but open this site to litigation and lawsuit.
1) The discrimination is just as real offline, as online.
2) This would be a civil suit and as a free suit, there is no money to be had. People will probably go after paid sites.
3) You can have the site pulled down, but the information will be available on other web sites. The only solution is to take suits against every dating site in the world.

Need I remind the administrator that you may be in possession of written records of libel and slanderous statements that may be used against men by group of women.
The moderators keep a close check that no specific names are used. All forums are attacks against bad behaviour. You might as well ban Speakers Corner, or even speaking in public. And it cuts against women by bands of men.

Do you not think if a man is slandered , he is not going to subpoena this site for those records?
Why? He can meet another woman on this site. Women in a town do not all connect through the internet. Most don't even read the forums.

Further, do you not think that every Women in every city is now going to band together to screen men, have you not thought about setting up guidelines and controls so that innaccurate statements may not come up?
Doesn't seem to happen. Even friends don't share bad info about guys anymore, only about how to please them in bed.

What do you think a scorned women is going to write about a man who she may see here.?
Same as all the others. Nothing about him. Lots about men in general.

What do you think a woman is going to write if she see's her ex-hustand on here?
Nothing here. But plenty to her lawyer.

What do you think a woman is going to write even after one bad date?
The same things they do everyday. Nothing, and just move on.

If women did band together, bad men would get no sex, and no dates. So there would no longer be any bad men.
 ffryan
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/5/2007 11:43:35 AM
What has been set up to ensure credibility and accountability for things that are said? Based on everything I've read about this, it seems like a section created for the purposes of gossip.

If something negative is said about a guy, does he get the opportunity to defend himself? If I ever feel I am being unfairly portrayed, or flat out lied about, will I be able to defend myself?

My ex girlfriend resents me and has a distain for me that is hard to explain. She's badmouthed and verbally bashed me to anybody who would listen (I'm still friends with her brother and that is how I know this). Yet if you were to email her and ask her "What is the most cruel, insensitive, and worst thing Ryan has ever done to you", she's not going to be able to provide much of a reason. Those who doubt that, email me privately, I'll give her POF username, you can verify what I am saying is true and come back here and post what you found. She has a distain and hatred for me because she is emotionally unstable. I have no doubt she'd write horrible things about me if given the chance, and most of it has absolutely no factual information to back it up. What is in place to prevent people who make unfounded accusations and remarks?
 WakeDan
Msg: 130
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 12:07:25 AM
if they are talking about the 'do not date him' feature that was available to women only on here, people revolted against it (men and women) so it was shut down.

and believe me, plenty of women didnt want the list either. If anyone understands how a scorn woman can react, its other women. They knew what would happen and stood up for the guys.

it really made me appreciate the women on here a lot more.
 italianbeauty44
Msg: 134
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 6:12:04 AM
I am going to write because I AM a good woman and I have come in contact with one after another persons from this site...and evry single one was a JOKE! BUT I have a LIFE so all of ya just leave if it bothers you..what a concept
 glassmaster420
Msg: 135
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 6:58:01 AM
The do not date list would be ok as long as guys got one too. To assume that only the women needed to keep track of who is undatable is completely rediculous. and for the record italian.... we ALL think were good people; but most of us don't have to say that about ourselves to a bunch of anonymous clowns on the internet. We let our actions in the "real world" show the people that actually matter how good we are.
 civic2004
Msg: 140
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 12:36:25 PM
Is this the place you can review your date with someone you met on POF?

If so, I agree that you have a valid point.

I would NEVER put up a way to review someone whether it was a good or bad date.

I doubt if a lawyer would take the case but their IS a chance of libel. And someone who gets a bad review might just be a lawyer who will then possibly sue since he has the legal ability and he is probably pissed.

I have found people are more inclined to comment if a date was bad than to praise someone-especially if you went out with this person and want to date this person.

If you had a great date and you both hit it off, why tip the competition?
 Lario
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 5:49:41 PM
Where is this feature located??? I've read this thread but haven't been able to find any such list.

Lario
 funnychk
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/6/2007 8:47:59 PM
Do you have a life?

Just wondering, cuz it sure doesn't sound like it!
 StoutAristotle
Msg: 158
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:50:44 PM
Angel? I agree. "By their fruits, ye shall know them." Tony
 StoutAristotle
Msg: 159
WHERE IS THE DO NOT DATING LIST
Posted: 6/16/2007 11:03:06 PM
Hey, Bethlet. That, "do not date list" is on the wall at the Post Office. Tony
 StoutAristotle
Msg: 160
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/16/2007 11:11:14 PM
Hey, Kalli. We are the "do not date" list. We are computer voyuring as others are out there. Tony

Email Address Removed
Please try not to quadruple post.
/yayawhatever
 civic2004
Msg: 161
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/21/2007 11:50:12 PM
I have written to the administrator stating pretty much the same thing about libel and lawsuits.

I doubt that POF would get sued but it is mean and childish.

Maybe your date was having a bad day. Maybe he/she had problems that suddenly poped up after you made the date but she or he shose not to cancel out of politness.

This has happened to me.

But rate your date is like high school and being the most popular one.

I am glad this 'feature' is gone.
 txtobyfan
Msg: 165
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/17/2008 7:58:36 PM
where the heck is this list anyway???
 Ferruginous
Msg: 166
Do Not Dating List
Posted: 6/17/2008 8:31:03 PM
^^^^the "list" was apparently a very short-lived feature on this site

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts9444120.aspx