Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ExplorerMedic
Msg: 43
Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
freemind , Hi ! The Rock group GRATEFUL DEAD has been spearheading these efforts for years. VR suits and feed back etc. Baseball GREAT and F-86 fighter pilot Ted THE SPLINTER Williams even wound up frozen for the future like Walt Disney, but his head cracked like an ice cube even though they drilled EXPANSION holes in his skull. His brain cracked... The QUEST FOR IMMORTALITY !
The download is possible, there been a guy in NYC with eyeball circuit hard wired to his brain since the 60's. Last picture I saw was 16 black& white pixel resolution and Robby the Robot apparently screwed or super glued on to the back of his head. I know they can make semi-functional blow-up sex dolls, but what about my SOUL and SPIRIT ?
 canttouchthis
Msg: 51
Re: What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)
Posted: 11/8/2004 12:39:17 AM
I like to think that I have a soul which will live on after I die. It is somewhat comforting, and makes life seem like it isn't useless. With that in mind, I think our souls go to a realm which is suitable to our being (personality, beliefs, consciousness, etc...).

That is all.
 look...
Msg: 53
What does Heaven and Hell and the soul mean to you? (getting deep)
Posted: 10/21/2005 8:49:29 PM
[qoute]In my opinion Hell would be the grave.
To just die and become part of the earth, body and soul, gone forever.

I feel a good soul never dies. It just keeps coming back to Earth to live a mortal life again and again.

Maybe our soul does enter the body of the newborn at the first breath. Maybe heaven is where the souls wait to be reborne. Maybe each lifetime we get to learn more of what it means to be a human.

The Universe is never ending. They cannot figure out what the black of the universe is but it has substance. Maybe God is the Universe, and when we are finished learning what being human is, we become part of God and the universe too.

Would anyone like to discuss their views on Heaven and Hell? [/qoute]

When one accepts their eternal position as a "servent of the divine," that is what I could best define heaven. Hell is when one feebly attempts to lord over God.
 candel
Msg: 54
Symbolism
Posted: 10/22/2005 2:01:03 AM
Scriptures use symbolic language. Hell and heaven are also narratives and symbols; each and every person on his/her level of comprehension attaches meanings to it. For me there are four levels of heaven and hell. Empirical, rational, esthetic and spiritual. These four levels involve imageries of various types conditioned in time, space and psychological conditioning
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  >