Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rgrnr49
Msg: 200
Would you date a married man or woman?Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Commitment? WTF is that!?!
And what if your wife changes over the years into someone you don't even know anymore? What if your wife gets drunk, sleepwalks and beats you with her fists while you're trying to sleep so you can make it to work in the morning? What if she goes to visit her mom in Florida every year right about the time spring break comes up? And what if she always bought new Victoria Secret underwear to impress her mom while she's down there? What if she constantly gets drunk and reminds you of how well hung her ex was?
What if the state in which you both reside automatically grants her all of your stuff, because your wife wouldn't work, making you the sole bread winner who has given her a life she'd become accustomed to, automatically winning her continued support after the termination of the marriage?
What if oral sex was important to you before the marriage, but somehow, over the next twenty years, SHE decided that oral sex wasn't an important part of the marriage? And what if it's still important to you?
What if all you wanted was a BJ from ANY woman, just to give yourself just one little temporary iota of self worth, so you can go home to continue recieving the beatings?
Would I have an affair?
IN A FREAKING HEARTBEAT!
 sweetlibrachik
Msg: 201
Would you date a married man or woman?
Posted: 3/6/2008 1:19:13 PM
nope , I wouldn't go there....... chances are you'd be heart broken!
 dragonshungry
Msg: 202
Posted: 3/6/2008 1:48:39 PM
All i have to say is now the lifestyles are comeing out that have been buried, from polyamry to BDSM swinging and all that. humans are animals and we are build to love and feel and have free choice.

some people "date" outside there relationships because of being in the kink and fetish scenes or lacking in there current relations. or because as humans we strive to excite and inhance our life. many people have there hubby's and wives as ALPHA status and the others as subs. who really knows the reasons really why we are all compelled except attraction.

some people have an understanding in there arrangement of play to have sexual or non-sexual play.

but trust is well needed and communication a key to exploring life.

do what tho wilt shall be the whole of the law.
 McKinneyMemories
Msg: 203
Posted: 3/6/2008 3:08:01 PM
NOT ME!I don't judge,I just won't partake.Why stay married?I think married ppl want their cake and eat it 2.If your not happy sexually or otherwise don't lead your spouse on!Infidelity once found out has devastating results,if not divorce reconciliation will never be the same because the trust is gone.
 swingpup
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2008 3:39:56 PM
Yes, I have and do "date" married women where the chemistry as well as the attraction is prevalent. I'm not out on a date per se but a one time rendezvous to meet over an iced tea.

I the event there is a mutual attraction and in addition there is always a discussion as well as an understanding upfront that I have no desire for anything other then to provide total discreet sexual fulfillment.

Most often it has been a very discreet covert situation where predominately is all about providing them satisfaction. Being one that enjoys the single life married women are perfect.
 JrsyGrl
Msg: 205
Posted: 3/7/2008 4:29:54 AM
Never judge a person until you walk in their shoes...~~~~~
 anyoneoutthier
Msg: 206
Posted: 3/7/2008 4:39:27 AM
Date a married women hell no why have anything to do with a slut.
 Verissa
Msg: 207
Posted: 3/7/2008 8:45:46 AM
I think that it is alright if there is an understanding that it will never be anything more. It's not dating if the person is married, you cannot "date" someone who isn't free to be with just you. Under that circumstance it would be friendship with benefits or a f'buddy, not a relationship of any real substance. That would have to be made clear by the attached person for sure so that there was no misunderstandings or hurt feelings to the other party. I have had this discussion with my fiance, and have and will reinforce the fact that sex is not love, it may accompany it but it does not create it. A love relationship (spending weekends and countless nights, purchasing gifts for, staying out and away from our family all night, saying I love you or implying, holding hands and kissing in public etc.) outside of our relationship would not be acceptable to me, or if the friendship with someone else, either on his part or mine caused either of us to begin to treat eachother differently or was causing problems/rifts in our relationship then I would end it for sure and I am certain that he loves me enough that he wouldn't risk us, and our family, for a fling. As long as there are no lies and everyone is open and honest there shouldn't be too much of a problem. If someone lies and cheats that is different...its never ok to betray someone that you say that you love..I love you means something to some people and less to others. To me it is everything and not something to be said casually...to some it is something that you give to just anyone so it has no merrit when said. This is my opinion..agree or disagree it is where I stand with all my heart. I love my fiance, he is the love of my life..I am attracted to others and desire others but I will never love them, care for...be friends with..but not love them, and I would never risk what I have with my love for anyone even if I did begin to have other feelings for them, I'd walk away from them before I would lose my family..I know my love feels the same.
 MOTORCYCLEMAN4U
Msg: 208
Posted: 3/7/2008 8:49:59 AM
I read somewhere that something like 90% of men looking for women on the internet are attached....

(((((( Don't beleive everything you read especially on the internet.))))))
 ash.i.am
Msg: 209
Posted: 3/7/2008 1:42:44 PM
1 - how you get your man is how you'll lose your man....don't be surprised when the tables turn
2 - Marriage has been so commercialized that we have all forgotten that the sole purpose of the ceremony IS not the guests, the cake, the dresses, the songs, and the family gathering......the SOLE PURPOSE of a wedding reception is to make vows to the God that you worship that you will give this relationship every honest effort that you have...and you will give it the respect it deserves....and treat it as the sacred thing that it is........people have gotten so caught up in having "fun" they don't even pay attention to what they're saying (vows)
3 - Also, even in cases where you both agree to cheat and it's okay.....treating your marriage as anything less than sacred is asking for it.....and going against any vow to God is disrespectful.....you plant seeds in your marriage that are ill-planted.....and will grow into other issues and things....I've never seen a swinger relationship that didn't ultimately, way down the road, lead to someone being hurt in some way shape or form...
4 - people should be more aware of their actions, AND the reprocutions (sp??).....acting on impulse, many never become self-aware....and due to the inability to be honest with themselves repeatedly make the same mistakes....lessons are never learned
 Urbanessa
Msg: 210
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:21:31 AM
@sassymiss:

Separated is still married. There is always the chance that they will go back to their husbands/wives. There is absolutely no future in dating a married person

Excuse me for being blunt, but that statement sounds like nonsense to me. If you claim that a separated couple in the middle of the divorce battle might rediscover their fondness for each other then you can never date any man that has been in a relationship with any other woman before - I mean, following your logic chances are that they will go back to their ex girlfriends/fiancées...

That said: I don't think that the actual paperwork is what matters. The question is: Is the marriage broken to an extent beyond repair? If so: Yes, I would date a separated man. But I would never start a fling with an assumingly happily married man. And, yes, there are ways to tell one from the other.
 Woodswalker
Msg: 211
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:29:21 AM
Not only dont I date married women, I dont even want to date a woman who is seperated. Relationships are waay too complicated to purposefuly add more. I am even debating my current situation, seeing a woman who was once the "other woman" in a marriage. Not sure how I feel about that, since she seems to have no remorse over it.
 shari1968
Msg: 212
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:51:48 AM
Back in my younger days- I wasn't looking for commitment and married men were the best way to avoid it- now, I am more selfish and wanting someone just for me- I gave up married men when I divorced my husband
 caribeprincesia1
Msg: 213
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:11:03 PM
It is never ok to put your hand in other people cookie jar. No matter the story you are told. At least let the ink dry . Its nice to be giving and sharing , but stds is not worth it.
 A woman to love
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:30:38 PM
My ex cheated on me for 2 years. I was last one to know. No I would not. By the way if you go out with a man that cheats or a woman that does and then marry them like my ex did you can be pretty well assured he or she will do it again when his little male brain finds someone better and more exciting then the last. 3rd marriage I was the 2nd wife of 15 yrs. His 1st was less than a year. His third they got married right after our divorce and my guess it will last under 5 years. His 4th i envision him getting cheated on. It breaks up families confuses the heck out of the kids and makes them mad and angry. It NEVER HEALS. No I wouldnt even tho Ive been asked by a married man repeatedly.
 Ima Lady
Msg: 215
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:47:39 PM

Who thinks it is OK to have an affair?
Not me. I live in a rose colored glassess world, I want everyone happy and content. dangit

Not on purpose. Those vows, I listened to each and every syllable! Every single word... 'thru sickness and in health... forsaking all others... (ok, the 'obey part' was still in original vows 20 yrs ago... I said 'I Do'... LOL. )

But, NO!! That's someones elses 'property.... belongings....' <<
 Ima Lady
Msg: 216
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:51:23 PM

The other good thing was the sex was great when it was the only thing we had in common.
Seems that is the only reason affairs happen at all.
 scoobysnacks69
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/18/2008 2:31:04 PM
I would not date a Married Women for just a fling. but if she is legally seperated and I see the papers its pretty much a done deal she is not going back to the husband. I just don't want to be the 1st guy she dates after the seperation or the divorce it does not usually work out well
 HDynasty81
Msg: 218
Posted: 3/18/2008 3:02:56 PM
Nope, lest I always have to be peering over my shoulder on a lookout for her husband.

No thanks, I'd rather avoid the drama.
 mefishme80
Msg: 219
Posted: 3/24/2008 5:45:29 PM
i have... i hate to say it... but she did not have a ring on... i saw no ring and i guessed she was single... i feel bad for the husband... i was cheated on. now i was the 'other' man.... why do they cheat??!!
 Route55
Msg: 220
Posted: 3/24/2008 7:47:45 PM
I can answer that question Alex for $800.00, what is a dumb ass question?
 DutchIndo
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 11:32:29 PM
Too many people have guns!
 lolcats
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2009 3:18:24 AM

Who thinks it is OK to have an affair?

I would have to go with a nay! You would be hurting someone else in the process.
 luvs_history
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/18/2009 2:51:00 PM
no.

better to break up if you are not happy .... fix yoruself.. then move on.... dont look for quick fix to your problems.
 funky_phantom
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/18/2009 3:09:03 PM
Sure...but she'd have to pay for all of the dates....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?