Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gholden2004
Msg: 101
Would you date a married man or woman?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
ANd yet half the biblical men had more than one wife...hmmmm so maybe we should allow polygamy...wouldn't that erase adultery?
 *BumbleBee*
Msg: 102
Would you date a married man or woman?
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:21:49 PM
gholden ......

I'm not going to debate religion, but in the Old Testament things were as you refer to them being. However, in most organized religions today, the New Testament is followed. Therefore, that blows your justification of adultery out the window.

It's wrong.

Besides, if people practice polygamy, everybody in the relationship is consenting. If you date a married person, the other spouse is not consenting to the destruction of their marriage.
 Jetplague
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:27:02 PM
exactly.

(Nice new pics by the way Mommyof2)
 gholden2004
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:27:52 PM
my dear mommy of 2 far from trying to justify adultery I was simply trying to suggest an alternative that might keep everyone happy...you may also note a slight hint of sarcasm...but then again you may not...depends on how fanatical and how desperate you are to turn this into an argument rather than just a fun chat forum....lol
 jpl3447
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:28:25 PM
^^^ That was a pretty good post Mof2!
 illnevertell
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:31:06 PM
would I date a married man?? no
have I UNKNOWINGLY dated a married man? yes
 gholden2004
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:36:23 PM
ooh you little jezebel...and did you repent of your misdeed and say 10 hail mary's because that will get you forgiven....so the church says
 *BumbleBee*
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:37:24 PM
Thank you Jet

gholden... As far as I can see, you have been playing devil's advocate for adultery throughout this entire thread. If you are indeed being sarcastic, does that reflect the fact that these are not your views? If that's the case, why would you choose to discuss and debate an issue that you don't support? I'm not trying to argue. I simply state my opinion, or in the case of the Biblical references, fact. Btw .... "The Church" you make reference to in your post above this one is the Catholic church. They say Hail Mary's, and 10 is not a set number to be forgiven for any sin. (I'm not Catholic either). I know you were being sarcastic there, but it's not a joke to some people.

jpl... Thanks ... I was raised in a cult and have explored other religions as well. I may be non-religious, but I've read the Bible cover to cover many times.

OT: Adultery is wrong. Period.
 KarlieB
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:42:31 PM
Marriage has never stopped me before lol
 illnevertell
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:42:43 PM
ooh you little jezebel...and did you repent of your misdeed and say 10 hail mary's because that will get you forgiven....so the church says

can I do that even if I'm not Catholic?
o.t...nooo married men for me..not even if they are "unhappy", "getting a divorce", "she doesn't understand him", "he only married her cuz she got pregnant", "only stayed for the kids", "they have a open marriage", I have heard them all...
 gholden2004
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/1/2005 11:43:17 PM
mommy of 2 I like to play devils advocate it stirs fun and brings fanatics to the surface...you proved my point admirably....as for the cult thing and exploring other religions well that is about as useful to this thread as a bible in a whorehouse....do you think you are alone in studying religion.....how special are you? lol something tells me you are rather personally affected by this...but then I have studied psychology and read many books on people's reactions to this kind of thing so maybe that makes me an expert or something lmao
 longte
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/2/2005 3:13:02 AM
Would I date a married woman = No
Would a marry a woman who was Very recently sepeated = No
Would I date a woman who had been seperated a long time =Yes
Would I date someone in a relationship = No

No matter how you attempt to justify it there would very very few occassions
anyone could possibly justify this.

Scenario.
To the married people on here who try to justify it
Great, fine, let me talk to your husband/wife and get his/her ok first
What would be their/your reaction???

Diggy03
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2005 4:59:21 AM
do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!!

Honestly if you date a married person.. they are cheating on their spouse..... sooooooo who's to say if you were married to them... they wouldn't cheat on you?

I think that says alot about a person.... looking for whatever is missing while still attached. They must have HUGE issues with abandonment and being alone... and I don't have time for crap like that!!!!

Just my 2 cents
 SIMMYBABEZ
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/2/2005 5:02:45 AM
No way hose ay! But i understand your question and someone said it was a stupid one, i disagree because there are tons of people out there that think its ok.. just some are most afraid to admit it..
 Webbum
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/2/2005 5:03:47 AM
Never!
 joaquin17
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/2/2005 5:32:15 AM
Would I date...

...a married woman? No way ( I never did, even though my friends laugh when I said that)

..a woman who is separated? Yes, if its definitively over.
 HB2
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:19:47 AM
Like I said I tried it...
was just coffee...
no harm, no foul...
I have since been discovering that if you want that kind of adventure then join a swingers club...singles aren't welcome but hey, go for it...

Question: is it cheating if your partner says to go ahead and fullfil your every fantasy?
 adonsia
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:31:49 AM
NEVER....

I have gone out w/ them - only cause they led me on to believe they weren't.. -- BUT no F'n Way...

I've dated Seperated and it got real HOT... I had to let it stop - cause I figured he had to resolve his issues, get to know himself before starting a new...

Now that I look at it.. I wouldn't even date a SEPERATED MAN... (probably not even a divorcee)...

So many swinging singles out there, why occupy my time w/ anothers issues..
b
 Exray1
Msg: 119
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:34:32 AM
It doesnt matter whether its just lust or love people grow apart and things change, i have been married and have had my significant other cheat. I dont hold a grudge. We grew apart and we both needed more. IS THAT SO WRONG?
 HB2
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:37:34 AM
nope it isn't
 Aurielei
Msg: 121
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:47:13 AM
No, once a cheater always a cheater.
 adonsia
Msg: 122
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:50:22 AM
Nope Ex... it is not wrong...

for me though... Personally... I get to emotionally involved...

Example when I dated that Seperated one.. It was going real well... and we were talking of moving in together and he wasn't even divorced YET...

all the while I was think'n.. many times the EX.. would come around and pick up the kids and they see ea. other... -- and perhaps old feelings may surface...

Now .. He pointed out the same reason that HE wasn't in LOVE w/ her, that he had no feelings for her ..( she was a bit overweight, and felt he needed better)... But, I didn't buy that... - And I'm a very confident person w/ myself in looks... he was also much younger - so there were two outstanding factors that really made me think even harder...-

As for today - after experiencing such, I really can't say I would even Date one...

Just going by what I tasted...

I probably will stay single for the rest of my life, because many men my age today are married or have kids....
 longte
Msg: 123
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:52:36 AM
"I dont hold a grudge. We grew apart and we both needed more. IS THAT SO WRONG?"

If you were still in a relationship the only answer is, YES it is Wrong

HB2
Msg: 124
Posted: 6/2/2005 6:55:10 AM
Join a swingers club if ya need more...don't drag someone else into your misery!
 ~Songbird~
Msg: 125
Posted: 6/2/2005 7:27:49 AM
It happened, but by mistake. OMG That was a long, freaky, weird story. Ended up talking to the wife for quite awhile too...very interesting convo.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?