Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Would you date a married man or woman?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Never.....

It's called character.
 Truebeautycomeswithin
Msg: 102
Would you date a married man or woman?
Posted: 7/21/2005 10:25:01 PM
Never. I wouldnt feel right and I have respect.also I think thats selfish and self centered to do that and goes to show you,you dont think much of yourself.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2005 10:47:33 PM
Being friends is different. One of my closest friends is a married woman, who probably knows me better than anyone else on this planet. We are exceptionally close, and her husband is aware ( and indeed supportive) of that friendship.

That said, I would never break the bond of a relationship with anything other than friendship. You could lock the two if us in a hotel room, and the only thing that would happen is that we would emerge tired....from hysterical laughter, all night long.

It's a golden rule type of situation. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
 xtinelaurel
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/22/2005 5:47:31 AM
it's wrong.
hell no.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/22/2005 6:10:04 AM
I will not contribute to breaking up a marriage.

What that means is that I state up front that she is to have no illusions about leaving her husband for me
 realdeal05
Msg: 106
Posted: 7/22/2005 6:19:28 AM
My reasons not to date a married man.

1. There is no way I would date a married man. My mother once said "why settle for another women's left overs" and I agree.

2. I would not want to put someone else through that much pain.

3. It goes against everything I believe in.

4. I have to much self respect to do something that ugly.

5. I am a human being, and can control my urges.
 rwhprism
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:15:07 AM
Is Halle Berry married?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:22:42 AM
I dont think that its right to have female friends when one is married or with a signifigant other either it undermine the relationship and anything that does that is wrong.. an affair.. afriendship.. an emotional detatchemnt.. its not right.

I strongly disagree about friendships being a threat. Marriage should be something that allows you to be friends with whoever you chose.

If you do not think that you, or the other person, is capable of that - then certainly it would be better to stop it.

As for myself, or any woman I go out with, I would expect complete fidelity.

You can control yourself, and anyone that says otherwise is deluding themselves.
 BuzWeaver
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:26:21 AM
In retrospect I have dated women that were married, in essence they were separated but still married with every intention of getting divorced.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:47:12 AM
A personal story.

My ex-wife , shortly after I had met her ( six months) decided to take a job in Ottawa. She never mentioned she was even applying for it, and only told me when it was a done deal. I had been single for five years before, and was frankly quite shocked that she had made such a decision without even mentioning it to me.

I had an ex-girlfriend I was very close to. One night she called me up , and I had just received tickets for a ball game. I decided we would go together, and my g/f was in Ottawa.

She showed up dressed VERY out of place for a ball game. She was beautiful, and sexy, and highly intelligent. She made it very clear that she was looking for something a little more than a night of watching baseball - without actually saying anything directly. She knew my style, and she knew what would work on me.

I didn't take her up on the offer, even though I was upset at my g/f, and she was two and a half hours away. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to do.

I regret not having called my g/f and telling her it was over. I do NOT regret avoiding doing something that would still be on my conscience today.
 southbaygal
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/22/2005 12:59:18 PM
You are so right about going to their house sometime early in the relationship. I met a guy here on POF whom said he had roommates who constantly fought and said he didn't want to subject me to the drama of his place. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but as the relationship went on, I found out he didn't even live in the house, but in the garage! He also showed up on many occassions with different cars (said he was in the repo business) so I don't think he even owned his own vehicle. So girls, if you haven't been invited to their house by the 3rd date, Its time to say good bye as something is up! Same if they are unwilling to give you their home phone number.

Another red flag is men over 40 that have roommates . Yes, I can understand that divorce can take everything from you forcing you into a housing situation . Its not about money, but being self sufficient and independent. I have been on my own since 19 and never ever asked anyone to take care of me. My last roommate was in 1991 (besides living with my ex whom evenutally just became that.) So if you have met somone whom is over 40 and living with roommates, be on the look out.. these are the types who "accidentaly" leave their wallets at home.
 outdoorsman55
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/22/2005 1:08:09 PM
Nope, no way!!!!!!!
 dmcr71
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/22/2005 4:33:26 PM
the biggest mistake of my life was dating a married man. Never would I do it again!!! you shouldn't either.
 The Black Knight
Msg: 114
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:31:18 PM
Yes.... most definately....and just one in particular.....outside that....no.....no interest.....Here just for the forums.....figure it out from there. Lol.
 Brownsugga
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:34:41 PM
I would never date a married man There is this thing called morals.Which seem lost somewhere in this crazy world.Plus I love myself more than that!!!!!!
 crystalise
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:56:22 PM
No WAY....

Ive had married men lie to me saying they are single and Ive dated them, without my knowledge It makes me SO mad, not only that they are cheating but dared to implicate me in their adultery. I do have some life choices and some morals I stick to. For them to decieve me that way - is despicable. And you wont hear me get that angry too often ...lol....If I had an informed choice, no way - never....what is the point? if they leave the wife for you - they are only going to do it to you. Its just a matter of time. Plus its just wrong.
 crystalise
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:58:44 PM
sorry that should say ""without me knowing they were married"", not "without my knowledge" geez see? got mad enough to make a grammatical error...lol
 crystalise
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/23/2005 6:39:08 PM
Yes Tornado lover you are correct and there are some signs that I have learned along the way - unfortunately it takes experience to get to know these things isnt it. Yuk

In my case I dated someone for two months before it evolved to initimate levels. This perons told me he lived with family friends and thus I couldnt visit. I only had a mobile number and he travelled to see me. We lived half an hour apart. There were always reasons why we could only meet on his timetable and as a young person you naturally trust people who are otherwise nice and make an effort

BUT I have learned, get a home number, an address, when they wont tell you where they work or are vague about it...be on the alert. Also lots of excuses not to meet up during normal weekend hours...and a big one, during the day.

I started to get suspicious on these things...then the guy got his own flat. So I thought yes definitely single and all was ok. However he had just moved in, and upon helping him pack stuff away, I found childrens x-rays and toys. His answer, his sisters kids came to stay. But he only moved in??? hmmm then in the bathroom drawer, a cheque book with a completely different males name on it. His answer? his fathers....

Bottom line when more than one strange thing happens in close comparison, go with your gut feeling. Phone calls that have to be made in other rooms...lots of excuses, wierd hours, not a lot of personal information given out [ ie after a few weeks of dating] then yes get the hell outta there....

the postscipt to my story? this guy was not italian, but was eqyptian, a muslim and had been married and acutally sent his wife back to Egypt with their two small children so we could be together.[ hence the sudden change of living circumnstances to the flat] Scary stuff............... !!!

Sorry this got a bit of fthread....but girls [ and guys too] dont let the emotion override your common sense and look for these signs and dont ignore them. No, you're not being paranoid...just be careful and on the lookout...
 littletwin2000
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2005 11:12:43 AM
never ok ive had it done to me and i would not wish that pain on anyone
 crystalise
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/24/2005 7:43:42 PM
No Worries Tornado. Im well and truly over it - it was like, 12 years ago

older and wiser.....??? man, I hope so.....
 Fireyspirit66
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/24/2005 7:51:53 PM
NO way its not ok. If people feel it necessary to cheat then its time to move on. No point in that. Not to mention the disease the person is risking taking home to their significant other. Its never ok. if a person thinks its ok then they are fooling theirselves. Its wrong to cheat and i despise cheaters of any kind. They need to remember what goes around comes around and whatever you do wrong will come back to you full circle.
 nikki0199
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/24/2005 7:57:52 PM
I wound never do that!!! Thats just wrong..('')
 bambi75
Msg: 123
Posted: 7/24/2005 8:00:48 PM
I dated a guy who was married.......... now before you go busting my chops, hear me out!

I had no clue the SOB was married and once i suspected he was, i broke it off. 2 Weeks later, i got a call from his wife, after she had found my number numerous times on his cell bill. Needless to say, we were kind to one another and she didn't blame me.

He was pretty well off with money......that was until she filed for divorce and took him to the cleaners.

Cheating always comes back to kick ya in the a$$ and i am very careful now in making sure the guys i do see are indeed not attatched.
 southbaygal
Msg: 124
Posted: 7/25/2005 3:47:17 PM
/
 MidWestGirl
Msg: 125
Posted: 7/26/2005 8:47:01 AM
About a year ago I met a very attractive and sweet guy, that I thought was single.....Well after some investigating, I found out he was married, I told him I was done and to leave me alone, he kept stopping by my house and calling me, so I called his wife.....Stopped that What a pig!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?