Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugarpiehunnybunch
Msg: 201
Would you date a married man or woman?Page 9 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I never would.
 bugsybears
Msg: 202
Would you date a married man or woman?
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:45 PM
the reason i wouldn't do it is because if she was willing to screw around on him, she'd probably be willing to do it to me too later on. i believe that was brought up by someone else earlier. i would want to date someone who was faithful up until they were divorced. i don't believe in this finding another before you leave the one you got.
 Too Serious
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:08:59 PM

Yes, if she gets ready to leave him or divorce him.

Country_Guy
Msg: 204
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:12:57 PM
I'm in! Put me down on the "for" column! Hey, you asked....no nasty emails please
 SICutie
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:20:11 PM
i can't wait to get married and cheat on my husband on plenty of fish

whoo hoo
 LikesFun
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:22:15 PM
I would. When you are hard up you take whatever there is. Regardless if it is married or not
 bugsybears
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:25:24 PM
sicutie very cute.
 SICutie
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:29:00 PM
could it possibly be more disgusting?? ew....

i just picture big sweaty disgusting men unable to please their wives so they try to visit their inadequecies on the rest of the world.
 beachbarbienwv1
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:32:47 PM
No way!! Why would you date someone who's committed to someone else?? There are plenty of single folks to date out there!!! My personal opinion is that anyone who cheats is insecure and afraid to be alone, gotta have someone around as a fall back or guarantee so they won't be alone..otherwise..why not be honest with your partner?..then it wouldn't be considered cheating!!!!! Never been cheated on that I know of..and don't plan to cheat on anyone!!Firm believer in Karma over here!!!
 beachbarbienwv1
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:34:47 PM
I hear ya SIcutie!! You go girl!!!
 Too Serious
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/15/2005 7:36:40 PM

I flatly REFUSE to date men, married or otherwise.

basspl
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:31:07 PM
NO
 marita_b
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 10:34:56 PM
No,...in fact it annoys me just coming across profiles of married men trolling to get laid,...

Having been the 40 something who got traded in for two twenties,...I keep wondering what the little miss is doing at home whilst the hubby is out getting some discrete and probably free nookey on the side,...

Has our society become so casual about mating,...that no one ever thinks about the consequences of this little fun,....and what kind of example are we setting for our children?

That I vow,....means nothing,....that you should just do what feels good and never mind the fall out?.....that working on a relationship is pointless so why bother,....God I hope not

I remember a time not all that long ago when it was rare to even know someone who was divorced,...now it's rare to see someone who's been maried to the same person for a decade or more,....
 Belly Drummer Girl
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:23:24 PM
Never ever and shame, shame, shame to those who are looking for some action behind their spouses back. Now if you have an open relationship that's another story. I have had quite a few propositions from married men on this site (had to end up filtering them out). I tell them to respect their wives enough to seek counselling or just end the thing if they are unhappy. How low wanting your cake and eating it too. Sigh.
 06Sue90
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/19/2005 2:40:55 AM
Never. I have more self respect than that. Plus, I know how it feels to find out your husband is cheating on you. I wouldn't intentionally want to make someone feel the way I did. The way I see it is.. if someone will cheat to be WITH you, then there's a pretty good risk they will also cheat ON you to be with someone else later. I'm not naive enough to believe the crap about Ohhh... But I wouldn't do that to YOU......
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/19/2005 2:56:36 AM
no. I don't care how much she doesn't understand him, how over it is and for how long their marriage has been going down hill. If it's that bad...divorce..hello. And no crap about staying together for the kids. If that is not THE dumbest reason to "stay together"..then I really don't know what is...oh yeah...she's pregnant = stupid reason #2
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 3:07:37 AM
No I wouldn't date a married woman. I would wait until she gets divorced from the guy first out of respect and I know how I would feel if my wife was dating someone while we were married.
 ripley65
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/19/2005 1:20:51 PM
oh hell no!
 Smiler127
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/19/2005 3:34:32 PM
not a chance, I don't play second string to anyone. If she were seperated then that would be different.
 madchick
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/19/2005 3:36:31 PM
whatsmynameagain? Here's stupid reason number 3

We are living in the same house while its being sold. I either sleep on the sofa or in the same bed, but we don't do anything (never mind the fact that the poor woman is still probably ironing his shirts, cooking his dinner and putting the toilet seat down after him.

I've heard this one too many times (may just be an english excuse) to be shocked by it any more. But the answer from England is........NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I have some pride and morals.
 rockmegently
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/19/2005 3:44:53 PM
To Likesfun

And you wonder why women on POF complain about guys. Firsty, a woman isn't an "it". She's a lady , woman, female, a person. Not some cod you catch off the coast of Nova Scotia.

What is it about guys that want to " recapture the excitement and fun of my youth " ? Let's translate that a bit. Say what you realy mean. You want a woman to help you get your rocks off. Isnt that a wee bit easier lad?
 marita_b
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:00:08 PM
Much better,....and I'll go even further and say that I stay away from men who are separated,....untill the ink dries,..it can always be reversed,....why risk it,....

BTW,...Rock,...as someone from Nova Scotia,...there are no more cod here to be caught,...and I perferr lady too,....thks
 rockmegently
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:06:07 PM
Montreal Guy, great posts. I too have had a female friend for years. She's married, and her husband has also become a good friend as a result. Its all about being secure in your marriage or relationship. Where there are insecurities, there is mistrust. Where two people trust each other, it makes all the difference. To this day we go out for coffee, a movie , or a walk . At times the husband even comes along. Just friendship. If I found a lady and we had some form of relatioship, I would support her in having her friends . Male or female. You cannot just drop a friend because you get married.

When I read IIhonests response, I just shake my head thinking too bad. Women and men have forgotten how to interact with the opposite sex once they get married. Once in a relationship , this invisible wall is errected which prohibits contact with the other side. When a relationship dies, the wall crashes and a new world emerges.

I believe part of the problem with men and women in these dating sites once seperated or divorced, is their inablity to make those new friendships. I remember one woman telling me she had only been out with two other men which included her husband.

As you so nicely worded it Montreal Guy, there is a huge difference between having a good freind, and someone you're dating. I would never ever challenge the sacred bond between two people.
 rockmegently
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:06:25 PM
Montreal Guy, great posts. I too have had a female friend for years. She's married, and her husband has also become a good friend as a result. Its all about being secure in your marriage or relationship. Where there are insecurities, there is mistrust. Where two people trust each other, it makes all the difference. To this day we go out for coffee, a movie , or a walk . At times the husband even comes along. Just friendship. If I found a lady and we had some form of relatioship, I would support her in having her friends . Male or female. You cannot just drop a friend because you get married.

When I read IIhonests response, I just shake my head thinking too bad. Women and men have forgotten how to interact with the opposite sex once they get married. Once in a relationship , this invisible wall is errected which prohibits contact with the other side. When a relationship dies, the wall crashes and a new world emerges.

I believe part of the problem with men and women in these dating sites once seperated or divorced, is their inablity to make those new friendships. I remember one woman telling me she had only been out with two other men which included her husband.

As you so nicely worded it Montreal Guy, there is a huge difference between having a good freind, and someone you're dating. I would never ever challenge the sacred bond between two people.
 marita_b
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:30:51 PM
If it were a sacred bond between two people,...you wouldn't be able too anyway,...

I must say I am pleased to see that there are still more men with integrity left,...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you date a married man or woman?