Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Javan2
Msg: 76
asking to borrow money on first datePage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I understand that women don't want to be with a man whose a cheapscape. I remember I was tested by a woman like this before. She was slick about her move though. She drove us on our first date to a drive-thru. She made her order and when it came time to pay, she paused (I learned later that she was waiting for me to pay for her meal). I didn't pay and I think I failed her test because I never heard from her again. She was in law enforcement and I guess this is their standard operating procedure. Their way of seperating the el cheapos from the Big Spenders. I must be an el cheapo, sorry.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 82
asking to borrow money on first date
Posted: 9/20/2007 4:36:16 PM
This happened recently. I had a lady I met at a singles thing and we talked during the week before our first date and she was trying to sell me A*$N products . I think thats just about as classless. We ended up dating twice and I stopped it because she would not even offer me a drink when I saw her house both before and after. Some people are just socially retarded.
 Wildcard74
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/20/2007 9:00:03 PM
Good going bro. Con artists are finding new ways to get money. When she got upset about that agreement you wanted her to sign, that was the final red flag you needed. Her crying in front of you displays her frusration and failure.

I too have dealt with type of usery before. Thumbs up to you for not being a sucker.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/21/2007 3:51:28 AM
^^^^^ Sky blue thats the type of nice guy women walk all over . When I see all these 'women do not like nice guy' threads. Like the guy above me said. I will add though treat dates with respect but do not give away the farm in doing so
 moniquesc
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/21/2007 11:46:16 AM
I have heard similar stories as this. I would ask someone why they would drive to meet me if they did not have enough gas and/or funds to get home. I would never loan them any money. What a manipulator.
 weirdscienceofluv
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/21/2007 9:41:30 PM
You did easily a lot buying her dinner, man, i dont go for dinner on first dates. Ive been dating someone for a tad over 3 months and weve only gone to dinner a few times, our fun doesnt involve eating so much :p. But nah would never loan someone more than a dollar or two so they could get away from me...
 moniquesc
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/24/2007 1:10:39 PM
"Ranks right up there with a guy I went out with who let me pay for the coffee because he suddenly had to go to the mens room when the bill came. What a PRINCE! "

I would have simply waited until he returned from the men's room.
 FeistySam
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/24/2007 1:42:51 PM
nobody should ask to borrow money! even less on a first date. if you dont have enough money... find a better paying job!
 justme1124
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 2:40:30 PM
oh man,that is so pathetic,no,you weren't wrong in asking her to sigh something,I wouldn't have even gone that far,and just said no and said"you know,thats a big turn off you asking me for money".you should have told her on the way home to get out and tell you if both your brake lights are working,then drive away,lol.cause really at that point your just talking to a hitchhiker,see ya,oh,bye the way,stop taking women to dinner on a first date,you don't do that,just go for what's called a time limited coffee date,that means you tell her you can meet her at 7:30 for a coffee,but you have to be somewhere at 8,that way she's more likely to agree cause it won't tie up her night,and it gives you both an out if you don't like each other,no more first date dinners!oh,and make the first get together through the week,if shes asks for a weekend date,tell her you have plans,don't be too available,it'll take the challenge away for her.understand grasshopper?,
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/4/2007 5:49:09 AM
who asks for moeny when you bought her dinner? Is she a drug addict? $30 is a full tank did she drivbe long distance to see you? $5-$10 would have been enough to get home. Why go out without having enough money for gas? What an awful person.
 isTHISuserNametaken
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/4/2007 7:38:17 AM
Asking to borrow money ANYTIME early in a relationship, is A HUGE red flag for both men and women.
As far as dating goes anyway, my motto is: "never a lender or a borrower be!"

And I have seen panhandlers use the I'm "out of gas" line! this situation reeked of a scam!
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/23/2007 11:51:32 AM
I have never asked a man I was dating or in a relationship with and I don't care if I've known him for days, weeks, months or years. Pride, respect, and being self-sufficient keep me from ever letting that happen. i suppose I can't say I never would, but I would have to be in pretty dire straits first.

If this girl knew she was getting paid the next day, why didn't she schedule the date for when she knew she was going to be able to have gas in her car? My guess is that she didn't need the money for gas. I think she wasn't ready for HER night to end and went on to meet up with friends somewhere to party.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/23/2007 12:07:46 PM
It's beyond crass.. so much so that the actual crass folks are likely extremely offended.
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 2:57:35 PM

I agreed to buy her dinner and I thought that we were having a great time, just before the bill comes she says she does not have enough gas to get home nor enough money to get home, she was being paid the next day and would pay me back and she says that she wanted to borrow $30.

Dude ... hook, line, sinker.

You met a "lunch lady". These are women who hook up with a different guy every day for a free meal. Sometimes they spend some time walking around the mall shopping a little. And they buy some item under $50 and their credit card is declined and you are supposed to step in and pay for it. This one just came right out and wanted the cash.

Poverty isn't a crime but stupidity should be. Her story is crap. She came all the way out to meet you without enough gas or money to get home ... and didn't even know if you were going to show up or not?

Where I live they post daily in Craigs List looking for lunch dates. The most prolific ones actually have nicknames and guys will post warnings when one of them is "working" one of the towns in the area.

Just another way women are ripping off lonely guys looking for a date.
 mommasays
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/23/2007 3:10:31 PM
even tho it was super tacky to ask for a signed agreement for $30, it really was the best decision-------she shouldnt have come out if she didnt have the money to get back------ hopefully she was embarrassed enough to learn that lesson

did she seem embarrassed?
 horses44
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 6:38:51 PM
Yikes.....and sometimes they call guys douchebags.....

I have been on first dates and during chit chat guys have brought this up that it has happened to them - and it stunning to hear. And most of them said they never saw it coming, women seemed like regular type folk and wham this comes out of no-where
 lifesshort03
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 11:48:44 AM
I would have respectfully given her the money..................then told her about cousin Vinny and all the knees he's busted and a$$es he's capped because of unpaid debt..........allegedly.
 Applette
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2008 8:14:57 AM
Wow ....... I think it is tacky to ask to borrow money at anytime ..... first date .. second ..... any date! I read your profile .... maybe she thought generous would mean that you were a mark! Maybe rethink your profile to avoid a possible recurrence. Otherwise was it a good date?
 braveheart106
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/1/2008 11:58:06 AM
My favorite subject of all on here. I have gotten that a lots of times on here. Once a girl I was talking to stopped talking to me because everytime she would send me a message about how she needed money and I never responded to her 'money' issues. When we would talk over the phone she would never ask money but only on text messages.

-One told me that her car broke down and needed $300 to pay for towing.

-Another one to go out with her friends on her b-day

-For cell phone because it was shut off

What's next? A boob job?

What a luck I have .Seriously I'm about to give up
 titorey83
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2018 3:17:21 AM
Thiok I know we haven't even met in person yet, but I've asked everyone I can think of.... so here goes.. they came yesterday and was going to shut
our electric off. I got a
job thru mploy and will have first check in two weeks. but I have to be there today to wire them $250. I have $175.. is there any possible way you could help me out with a loan for two weeks??

I just got this from a date I was going on. Lol and I ran like hell!!
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/18/2018 4:26:17 AM
Last time I met a woman from POF was over three years ago. Five minutes after sitting down for coffee she asked to borrow $100. Hopefully she wasn't offended when I walked out the door without saying a word. Only time it ever happened.
 south_city
Msg: 129
Posted: 3/18/2018 8:32:31 AM
Never happened to me. But essentially you would be paying for whatever amount of money he/she asked for plus his/her portion of the bill for the date. It's highly unlikely you would see this person again or get your money back.
 from site to sight
Msg: 130
Posted: 3/18/2018 9:08:56 AM
"Borrow" is the wrong term to be using, since there's hardly ever a repayment plan-except maybe a fictitious one.
 HanoverFella
Msg: 131
Posted: 3/18/2018 10:01:01 AM
Kinda sad to see all the ones from 11-12 years ago still on here fishing, thanks for reposting , I feel much better 😆
 Seki1949
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2018 8:02:17 PM
"Five minutes after sitting down for coffee she asked to borrow $100. "

We could work out a trade!

PS: I thread so old that I don't recognize anyone on it until the 2018 postings!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >