Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wind Doe
Msg: 99
Do you eat farm salmon?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What's the difference between farming salmon or farming livestock???

Animals used to run around wild minding their own business until humans figured out how to corral them and eat them. Now if everyone spent as much time worrying about the ethics of animal farming as much as salmon the world might be a happier place for all!
 4x4+geek
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/6/2010 4:45:15 PM
Not to hijack a thread, that is veering off-topic but:

a) I try to avoid eating farmed salmon for several reasons.

b) I find at least equally disturbing; that the scientific information, legally obtained by our government, was so long withheld from us because it might inconvenience a corporation that is renting (and damaging) public resources. There are far too many similar incidences. IMHO all government information should, by default, be "Public" (published on the internet) unless specific public application and review by the "Privacy Commissioner."
 mcalgary
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:10:29 PM
Yes, I do eat Farmed Salmon. mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy. Do hope the science improves so the pens can be closed off from the rest of the ocean though.
 mcalgary
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/15/2010 10:11:46 PM
must say that I do prefer wild though. Better taste.
 captain puck
Msg: 104
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/15/2010 11:13:55 PM
I eat wild only. Why don't those people grow their fish in their own country?
 ski-patrol
Msg: 105
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/17/2010 8:52:17 PM
REAL FISH DO NOT EAT PELLETS! I ask & if they serve me the farmed stuff, I know.

Farmed salmon does not have the texture or flavor of the real thing, and in a sushi place, you can tell, just by looking at the meat whether it's wild or not.
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 107
Do you eat farm salmon?
Posted: 3/19/2010 12:03:38 PM
Lived on the Island for five years... could never tell the difference.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  >