Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nectur
Msg: 169
Attraction in your 50'sPage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
To the Guy Inamonkeysuit..

I think you are dressed exactly right for what your looking for..and being that your first and second wives didn't find you worth keeping..tells me that you are always looking and never mind the age.. which is pretty much coming right from your own words.. your not worthy of any real women at any age..for anything more than what your are already getting..and the monkeysuit code name just screams for help.. beware of whining about women with a few extra lbs..it is a dead give away of a man who's holister has gotten much bigger than his pistol..

No harm intended but like you..I tell it like it is...
 Nectur
Msg: 170
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 12/9/2007 10:34:55 AM
If you find him..will you see if he has a twin brother?
I would give the world to find a older man that is sure of himself and has overcme his insecurities and accepts not only his age but mine as well..
It makes them so sexy when they know that it makes them look stupied to have some gal that is the same age as some of their granddaughters.. for arm candy.. sorta like Robert Redford and Clint Eastwood..they both dumpped their older wives for younger women..lost my respect..even as actors..
Are there Anna Nicholes out there? millions of them and the ones that get them (IMO)deserve them.. but sadly it dose seem that a lot of older men on dating sites are after just that..I think they are trying to fullfill a childhood dream..of being the guy who got to take the homecoming queen to the prom...
Now please...I'm not say all men..just that what ejlvetolaugh said is right on the button and saddly if they are not going through a mid-life crisis then they probley aren't on the dating sites to begin with..
 CanonCamera
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 12/9/2007 4:16:07 PM
OK, we have a problem here. We are older. That's it, wrinkles, blood pressure, performance pressure, but that is not a problem.

I have a number of women who have responded, or looked, they are all, ALL, 58, is that just a coincidence?

The first '58' I went out with was way, way over that age. That wasn't really a problem. We had a nice afternoon, laughed alot, got on well.

But, she lied, that goes to heart of a relationship. Lying, after I told her I wasn't interested because of lying, she got in to a huff. "Why do I have to admint my age, I can pass for younger. I don't want to date my father."

Lying, that was the problem. Yup, I might not have responded if I knew how old she was, but after meeting her (her hands gave her away, big time) and she swore the picture was taken within the year, I realized she was lying.

We dumped****Nixon and prosecuted Bill Clinton and Lewis Libby for lying. The American people, I am one of them really hate to be lied to.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 177
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 1/25/2008 9:23:00 PM
I aways add at least a few years to whatever age the woman claims to be on her profile
cause most woman shave a few years off...
I'm 51 so normaly keep my searches to between 45-53

You know, there are times. . . when one gets. . . really. . . REALLY. . . tired of hearing this chit:

About 52.6 percent of the men in the study lied about their height, as did 39 percent of the women. Slightly more women lied about their weight (64.1 percent) than did men (60.5 percent). When it came to age, 24.3 percent of the men were untruthful, compared with 13.1 percent of the women.

http://www.wftv.com/technology/10948015/detail.html

Looks to me like men are bigger liars than women, just in case ya'll hadn't noticed. . . .

cncgandolf
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 1/25/2008 11:57:50 PM

I aways add at least a few years to whatever age the woman claims to be on her profile

Starting any relationship - even simple acquaintance - based upon lies is downright short sighted dumbness. I don't assume they are lieing, but if it turns out they did, then that's a deal breaker. If they will lie that stupidly then I don't want to find out what else they will lie about later.
 ankkka
Msg: 179
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:11:17 AM
So I wonder...some people think they attraction is only...how young their are...
 ankkka
Msg: 181
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 1/26/2008 9:04:37 AM
If you don't have visual attraction...inner attraction...you don't have attraction....haha
 screenangel
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/20/2008 3:49:50 PM
Well, I do state my correct age, and post recent photos, but I believe that I show up in few searches at my age.......such is life!.........Lol! It would be great to find someone healthy, vibrant and attractive in my age group, but not very likely. Nevertheless, I would feel very uncomfortable lying about my age.
 ankkka
Msg: 185
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/21/2008 3:39:51 PM
If you are really attractive...in good shape...with wonderful personality...and alone...you not going to be here on dating site!
 ankkka
Msg: 186
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/21/2008 3:49:27 PM
So...I think...people on the dating site have only one attraction...they available to meet...but most of them are not looking for relationship.
 judyarlinepuckett
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:26:31 PM
to morefuntobewith;
cause most woman shave a few years off...
I'm 51 so normaly keep my searches to between 45-53
in reply
Oh please....
my age on my profile...
I'm too honest..
but..maybe women should
Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them.'
 Aleyrebel
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:22:55 AM
I personally hate it when they lie about their age, or don't post current pictures. Don't they think I'll find out when we meet. Besides, you don't look like your picture anyway. My friend didn't, and we'd known each other 2 yrs. I'd seen him on webcam, yet in person, he didn't look like that. I assume, I didn't either. I always post semi recent pics. My main is from last summer, my others not more the 2006. I post my current age 53, 54 later this month. I resent you think we all lie about it, My male friend lists 45, when he is 54. So, it isn't just women. I do my searches for younger men, because many my age can't keep up. But I hate it when OLD men, 67+ contact me. I'm not ready to retire yet, have no health problems. I do check them out, but feel it doesn't have much future if they are more then a few years older. The last 55 yr old I dated climbed mount Everest, was part of a sponsered mountain bike team, addicted to adrenaline, etc.
 vrb1955
Msg: 195
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/13/2009 9:50:53 AM
Got news for you GF . You may never find "The One " (excuse me I just threw up a little in my mouth .) But you might find some lovely adventures along the way. The rules have changed since the 80's . With cell phones, internet, text messages people now have more ways to meet or avoid meeting you. Men our age have already been through one ( or more ) serious relationships and are not as egar as we woman are to jump in the pool and get soaking wet so to speak.

So when you get asked out or if take that bold step and do the asking . Put on a nice outfit and great smile and play the game till you win!

Btw the way I have met the lairs, the losers and the homeless. My adventure in 2007 taught me just how to look for one .
 FTWFella
Msg: 196
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/13/2009 7:43:43 PM
Attraction in your 50's --- I am attracted to women in their 50's who DO NOT attempt to act like they are 29 or even 39 --- or even worse attempt to talk and dress like their grandchildren -- BE HIP -- -be your age ladies...

FTWfella
 toriaj
Msg: 197
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/13/2009 8:20:02 PM
I have a question...what does a 50+ supposed to act like...dress like...talk like? How different is a 40 year old from a 50 year old(other than the obvious 10 yrs.) I don't get this concept...which stereotype are you referring to?
 FTWFella
Msg: 199
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 2/14/2009 6:45:01 AM
I don't think it is a stereotype... many years of observation causes me to form my opinion... And remember - most of what is posted on the Forums is just opinion and nothing more... so here goes with my 'opinion'...

Anyway - there is not a lot of difference between 40's and 50's - except in one's forties there is often a lot more youthfulness remaining to be seen... becomes less visible in the fifties... (both men and women - and yes I realize this is an understatement).

Physical aging is hard to slow down and we must live with it. But manner of dress is an option and can be a killer. Women in their forties or fifties wearing styles made popular by teens and those in their 20's look just plain 'gawd awful' - I am embarrassed for them when I see them in the mall or at a restaurant - and I seriously question their judgment. This is exactly the same as when men in their 40' and 50's wear Hip Hop pants - just plain goofy looking ... suggestion ... don't do that.

No - a woman in her 50's doesn't have to wear 'granny dresses' -- but there is a middle ground...

FTWfella
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/15/2009 9:33:44 PM
i think you are saying you have three issues: safety with a stranger, assuming men want a younger woman and also the Numerous people who lie, lie, lie...are getting to you.

safety. always have caller id. use an email address, designated for those you don't know. drive your own car. get his license plate number and make sure a friend has it. keep you eyes on your drink at all times. get to know him slowly. see if there are local ways to check out the truth about him. such as his name, marital status, age. i'd say, i've experienced a 50 percent "liar factor" with the dating part of pof. i don't think my forum e-buddies are liars.

as to the age thing. what can i say? i have my honest to good age here and my recent pictures. i 'm told they are accurate depictions. i tend to attract in the real world, a lot of men in their forties and thus far, i've tended to keep that at platonic. i've dated mostly men in their early to mid fifties and ocassionally late fifties. twice i've attempted to date early sixties. i think, if anything men my age are less prone to ask me out than younger men. probably they are hung up on their age or maybe i'm still too much of a kid. i find many of my older friends to be a bit crotchety or maybe it's me who is just not "mature".

i think it also depends on the kinds of things you like to do and that "connection" you make with someone. as for the 40's men, i just feel developmentally that sooner or later the gap will catch up and i'm looking forward to a longer term relationship, if that exists nowadays anymore. however, i do find that in terms of perspective, i tend to prefer talking to them, as well as most women in that age group. i think part of this is that i adopted my kids later and also many are in their professional prime and i miss that part of my life, as well as am able to help them tackle their careers, based upon what i went up against. also, i'm not much of a hippy type chick and living here, many people in my age group are remnants of the 60's. so, i have more in common with those from out of the area or those who have managed to get involved in other things that are more "do it" kinds of things. i like those who say what they mean and mean what they say--furthermore, they "DO IT!". i also tend to need grounding from others, as i'm kind of an nyc woman. calmer men are good for me, but not stoned and zonkered men. for whatever reason, they seem to be in the age group i attract. for those you have an age range in their search, they seem to find me elsewhere on pof or in other ways.

so, be realistic and don't just count on the internet. most of the men i date, i've met in rhe everyday world.
 angelface56
Msg: 201
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/16/2009 12:51:04 PM
Hi I'm new , well not new my birth certificate says I'm 52. I'm new to the POF forums.

Why do most of the men that answer you look as if they're one foot in the grave?
I've changed my narrative on my profile twice..........all I was getting were men who basically wanted someone to take care of them. I was married 28 1/2 yrs and my husband was sick for 18 of those years. I was 24/7 for him with no help but my Mom. I didn't have a problem with taking care of him ..he was my husband however , I don't want to spend the rest of my life taking care of someone else and grieving from day one.

These men fuss about age, age ,age. It's a number folks!! What you need to look at is maturity.

If you didn't like the looks of the woman you shouldn't have taken her out! Something about her made you ask here out. So you shouldn't harpe about her lying. After all , you thought she was lying and yet you went out anyway. Right???? We all should be truthful .

We're here to find someone. Am I correct in assuming that ? A relationship has to be built on trust or it has no foundation. Now I've gotten my 2 cents in you can all chase me out of the threads
 ann2H20
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/17/2009 11:04:49 AM
oh yes....I agree. The non-acceptance of getting older, as if that were an abomination, is the limitation of many people in this age group.

I don't understand the attraction to an illusion. Does an illusion love you? "Lust" you? Not even.

I'll take real over imaginary any day. Imaginary I can do alone....
 widowsdesire
Msg: 203
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/17/2009 9:48:16 PM
One male poster on this thread said he adds a few years to a ladies age because he assumes we all shave a few years off. Bull! I listed my true age and get emails thinking I made a mistake that I look much younger than I really am.

Another assumed all photos were out of date. Again Bull! I was posting a new photo every month so no one could accuse me of misleading photos.

If you are honestly seeking a relationship starting off with fraud by misrepresenting yourself with a lie about your age or using an old photo is not going to help.

Right now I am happily in a relationship with a man almost five years my junior. He thinks I am plenty attractive even at the ripe old age of 54. The relationship I had prior to him was 7 years my junior. These were both men who made first contact with me so the younger man issue was not of my chosing.

At this age someone can be old or young, its all in the attitude they bring to life. I am a young 54. I have had some miserable meetings with old forty somethings. The difference in years does not bother me so much. The difference in attitudes however can be insurmountable.
 card1951
Msg: 204
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/18/2009 5:00:07 AM
I agree, attitute and not age is the important issue.Lying about your age will come out eventually when you meet. If you lie about your age, then you may be lying about other things also. I know that most women I meet in person think I am much younger than I really am because of my attitute and energy level.
Saying that, I am a little wary of telling a women my age after we have met thinking that they may think I am too old for them but no one has indicated that.
 Gaddflye
Msg: 205
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:14:11 AM
When I initiated divorce proceedings after a very long marriage I was 52. Although I had not dated since my early 20's I jumped in with both feet. As I reflect back my fifties were some of the best times of my life. I ended up having three ltr's in eight years with great women. They all had graduate degrees, were beautiful in-shape former models, adventuresome and a whole lot of fun. They were 11, 21 and 17 years younger than myself. This should give you an idea of what a person's fifites can be like. Good luck, OP!
 Call me Ginny
Msg: 206
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 5/19/2009 7:46:47 AM
Geeze card1951....Didn't you know 60 is the new 40? LOL That's makes you just about the age people think you are! So, at 58, you're in your PRIME!

Iredurbio2
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 12/18/2013 3:49:13 AM
In reply to you all much ,much older people now.I was never taught how to apply make up or constantly color my hair and basically look different than I do when I wake up.So an old picture is deceiving?Imagine that.Those that pour so much into their looks in their forties and fifties are not going to be real happy when it's gone.They most likely will be the ones we see from time to time that their hair and make up really tells sad deep secret because that's all they know.Embrace your age stop thinking your someone your not.Quit painting your face and be happy!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 208
Attraction in your 50's
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:37:07 PM

Quit painting your face and be happy!

If I have to choose between having a painted face, or having one as wrinkled as an elephant's scrotum, I'll choose the paint---thank you very much.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >