Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aurora127
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Never married & no kidsPage 12 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I think the movie...no film...NO NO! cinematic triumph "Idiocrasy" by Mike Judge of King of the Hill fame, pretty much sums up why some of us have chosen to hold off on the getting hitched and the breedin'. Of course, if life imitates art then our society's headed toward complete break down, but what are you gonna do?
 flutterby56
Msg: 277
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/26/2008 4:04:52 PM
Why would you make assumptions, So what your saying is that I am supposed to feel bad about myself because I haven't found someone that lives up to what I want. I don't think so.
 fanta33
Msg: 278
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/26/2008 5:10:55 PM
I'm never married and no kids, but had no idea this was even an issue until I posted a profile on a dating site. I've actually had guys ask me so why don't you have kids even though my profile states NO to wants children, or ask why I'm single or never been married. I thought it was given that if someone has never been married that they just didn't find the right person yet? When did this become a negative against someone, LOL.
 Dr_Righteous
Msg: 279
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/26/2008 5:11:33 PM
I fit this category. Sometimes it just hasn't worked out yet.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 280
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:03:47 PM
Well, I almost fit into this category. But may still have something to contribute anyways.

I have had my share of LTRs. Some, I've ended, Others were ended for me.

Just because I've never married, doesn't mean that I haven't tried.

Imagine being totally happy with the one you are with, buy the ring, and take the leap......

Now imagine how you would feel, If the person you just proposed to, said "We'll see..."

Been there.

Am I totally jaded to the idea of marriage?? No

Am I in any rush to take that leap/risk again? No

30s, never married, and no kids............Is not relevant to anything, means nothing, and you are just reaching/projecting problems onto others, that you may have to deal with inside yourself. This is just an excuse for you to justify that nobody is good enough for you because you feel that you are not good enough for anybody.

Are you going to disqualify someone that might have been meant to marry you and have kids with you???? I certainly hope not. In our 30, I would venture to say that we are more comfortable with ourselves and need not be so self-centered and self-serving. This would allow us the capacity to focus more of ourselves, our attention, and our energy, on that someone special and actually WORK to build something that will last a lifetime.

Whether you know it or not...............you do actually have to have patience and work to create a successful relationship. The perfect love of a lifetime doesn' t just plop in your lap.
 FavoriteofSet
Msg: 281
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:27:56 PM
Seeing as I do fall into that category of never having been married and having no kids,it's actually quite refreshing if I see a man in my age range with similar background.I'm not all that comfortable in a situation involving kids or ex wives and such.
So my immediate reaction to the solo fliers is relief.
 XprsvBrownEyes
Msg: 282
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:25:48 AM
I'm in agreement...shows good judgement and common sense. I'd rather be with someone who doesn't have the kind of baggage that being divorced/kids brings along. Plus, I'm old fashioned, I'd like my first baby to be my partners first as well. No preconceived experience on childrearing/marriage etc.
 notjesus
Msg: 283
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:48:40 AM
Search results for (ladies) 30-39 with kids 75miles from me : 690
With no kids : 319

So 7/10 ladies in my 'range' are single moms? Sheesh. Not hatin' on em, I'm down with the milf action, it's just a higher number than I expected.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 284
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:59:07 AM
Pre-existing MILFs are hot!

But, I could be just as happy to "create" a MILF !
 piscescoda
Msg: 285
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:07:52 PM
Search results for (ladies) 30-39 with kids 75miles from me : 690
With no kids : 319

So 7/10 ladies in my 'range' are single moms? Sheesh. Not hatin' on em, I'm down with the milf action, it's just a higher number than I expected.

Ooh, good idea for an experiment!

I just did a search for a 25 mile radius, males 23 to 35.

no kids, don't want kids: 70
no kids, wants kids: 700+
has kids, may or may not want more: 533

egads.
Oh well, I've got 70 to choose from, right?
 Chloe2697
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:19:50 AM
Well I am in the same boat as most of you. I am still single with no children. It's not a bad thing....I just haven't found that genuine person yet. I chose to concentrate on school and work first before finding someone to settle down with.

For me, it would be better for me to find someone who has never been married and has no children. It would just be easier. I tried dating the divorced with children men and it just did not work out. The hard part is finding those never been married types my age in my area. Maybe I need to move! Just kidding. I am not giving up, my guy is out there somewhere
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 287
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:43:28 AM
wow..that many results with single mothers, must be near Seattle. I think we're the single mother capital of the US....and here I am in the minority.

I don't remember who said it, but someone made a great point. We hear enough from our families....why aren't you married? why haven't you found someone? why don't you make me a grandkid already....who wants to hear it from anywhere else?
 piscescoda
Msg: 288
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:54:30 PM

We hear enough from our families....why aren't you married? why haven't you found someone? why don't you make me a grandkid already....who wants to hear it from anywhere else?

I'm not 30, but I'm getting there (26) and I've always been mostly a loner. I've had two relatively serious relationships in the 10 years of my dating career, the rest were a few weeks here, a couple months there, etc. Couple that with the fact that I'm not having children, and you get most of my family accepting the idea that I'm gay and in the closet.
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 289
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:22:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm sure that you will find your guy that will want to join you in the closet.

::makes note to self:: Try closet sex sometime.........sound interesting......be careful of loose, metal hangers.
 Bren 1965
Msg: 290
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 6:02:51 PM
Some people post single when they are widows/ widowers so scammers do not go after them.
To be honest what is problem?
 Hermit2Long
Msg: 291
You got me, a forum I can relate to !!
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:23:00 PM
I wrote a reply, but heh-heh, the page expired. OOPS!! Anyway, if you click on send message and say "hi" it would eliminate most/initial assumptions,judging and stereotyping. If you feel it opens more questions that you assume you don't wanna know the answer, then us being single and childless are not the ones with problems. if the curiosity is killing you, then take a moment to get to know the person in the now, not the past. If it doesn't work then move on. If it works, then ask yourself "Am I with this person cuz I wanna know the answer or am I actually getting closer".
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 292
Never married & no kids
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:27:58 PM
Piscescoda,

Just turned 30. I think my grandmother thought I was in the closet as well until just the past couple years. So I understand that one..haha I've moved around a lot my entire life which made relationships difficult. I have had three serious relationships and the rest were the month here few weeks there. Maybe I should grow some roots somewhere. Ehhh...if it finds me..it finds me. Until then..I guess i'll be in my closet (at least in my families mind) with the plastic hangers (wire hangers are too dangerous)
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 293
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:15:12 AM
Not to be rude, but the comments are based on people in their 30's. Not 20 years old. You have no idea what life you live between 20 and 30. I'm happy for you and your happiness and I hope it lasts forever. But please do not think you have any idea of what someone who is in their 30's has gone through just because you started playing house early in your life.
 Hermit2Long
Msg: 294
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:27:09 AM
No disrespect Rose666. Truly I am happy for you. A young woman who has it all together and ok with it. It's nice to see. But I have to agree with tanzanite. Different paths for different people doesn't mean anyone is smarter than the other. I've been around this country over the years, and the only regret I have is not sharing it with someone, that does not mean I've given up, it just means I get to play the fine wine ( matures with age) card and hope someone buys it !! C'YA
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 295
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:48:46 AM
rose666: there are innumerable stories of men and women who took the path that you did, only to have everything fall apart around them, sometimes without any say from them! Plenty of people just aren't ready to be married by the green age of 16. And the war stories are so frequent, that many people shy away from placing all of their eggs in one basket so easily/quickly.
I hope that everything continues to work wonderfully for you. It just hasn't for many others.
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 296
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:41:02 AM
Hermit,

As one of those fine wines....I buy it! haha
 Hermit2Long
Msg: 297
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:42:49 AM
Tanz: I long walks on the beach, puppies and low cost auto insurance:
 NancyC123
Msg: 298
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 11:01:15 AM
I'd just assume this person hasn't found the one he'd like to marry and have kids with. Why assume anything else? Why should there be an age limit as to when we should all follow the supposed rules of society?

Hell, I'm 44 - never been married and don't have kids. Does that make me a leper or something? No, it simply means I haven't found the one that I'd like to spend the rest of my life with - and I do not WANT kids. The rules shouldn't be any different whether you're a man or a woman.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
 tanzanite99901
Msg: 299
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 5:59:49 PM
Hermit,

Low insurance is the best part! haha
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 300
Never married & no kids
Posted: 9/1/2008 6:02:49 PM
Ok you two!!!

Get a room already!!

The other fish are starting to look gloomy!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids